Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students (44039 Views)

Alleged Fraud: FGC Ijanikin Suspends Students Over Parents’ Petition To EFCC / FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps / 6 Students Died In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education, Acoed Within 2 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by dre11(m): 6:19am On Jan 05, 2023
The management of the Federal Government College, Ijaniki, Lagos State, has denied allegations of covering up some students caught absconding from school to lodge female classmates in a hotel for sex romps.

The Principal, Mrs Tofunmi Akamo, who spoke to our correspondent on Wednesday, said the students, numbering six, were picked up from the hotel by the school, adding that the incident happened once.

PUNCH Metro had reported that some boarders jumped the school’s fence with their female counterparts and lodged in hotels for sexual pleasure.

It was also reported that for more than three sessions, including the just-concluded first term, some of the students left the school unnoticed.

But the principal said the incident of students absconding from school to lodge in a hotel happened once.

She claimed that the school management noticed the absence of the students during an urgent roll call at the hostel.

She said, “Our assignment is to mould them and we don’t expect all of them to behave well all the time. So, when they misbehave, it is our duty to do the necessary correction.

“I was called from the school that they did a roll call on Sunday and some students were discovered not to be in the hostel.

“So, that Monday morning, they called their parents to confirm if they were at home and the parents said they were not at home. The parents came to the school; we were all searching and investigating what could have happened.

One of the parents of those girls told us that the girls went to the hotel, jumping the fence on Sunday. We went to the hotel to evacuate them. They were five that were evacuated; two boys and three girls.

When they came to the school, we asked them to write reports; it was through the report that we even discovered that there was another girl who left on Monday to come back to school, while others still remained in the hotel.

We made them write their reports and they faced a disciplinary committee, which gave a verdict on what to be done to them according to the guidelines given to us from the ministry.

The children are currently on indefinite suspension; that is the guideline recommended for them. We normally involve their parents and hand such letters and their children to them. The girls and the boys are no longer in the dormitories. That is the only incident that happened and it happened two or three weeks before we vacated this last term.”

Akamo described allegations that the students used drugs as unfounded.

“Late last session when they were writing an external examination, we discovered that some boys were not in the hostel during roll check and we learnt that they normally went to a nightclub around our school.

“My chief security officer went there around 9pm and at that time they had not arrived at the club. So, the owner of the club collected the number of my CSO so that he would inform him.

“By 11pm, they called my CSO and by 1am we brought about 10 of them back to school. One of them was my assistant head boy and immediately, we had an assembly; I brought all of them out and de-badged the prefects among them.

“I also asked them to leave the dormitories; but they could be coming to sit their external examinations, which they were writing at that time. I told them they could no longer stay in the hostel.

There is no history of anybody getting pregnant as a student. We knew one of the girls had one million naira in her account. I am sure this child has been showing all of these things at home. It cannot be that it was inside the school that she learnt how to go and make money from sex.

The only time we had an issue of a pregnancy in the school was a blind girl. The lady got pregnant during COVID-19 at a place she used to go to play with people. After we did a test and we discovered she was pregnant, we invited the father and she left the school. I told her that she could not stay in the school because we are training young girls and not mothers-to-be.

“The claim by the PTA chairman that one of the students impregnated another student is not true. There is nothing like that; I am not aware and if that happens I will know.”

The Global President of the Old Students Association of the school, Toun Aderele, said the school management committee, which comprised all stakeholders of the school was saddled with the responsibility of making decisions on such issues.

Aderele added that the recommendation of the committee was always sent to the Federal Ministry of Education in Abuja for conclusion.

She also lamented that some parents had been frustrating the efforts of the school authority in instilling discipline.

She said, “There is a lot of resistance from parents. In fact, there are times parents challenge the authorities on why they should bring their children out and why they should take a certain decision.

“The old students association is always on the heels of the management to ensure that they live up to expectation. The principal has absolutely no wrong in this matter; she has stood as a principal, mother and taken all the necessary decisions.”

The Executive Director, Special Duties, National Association of Nigerian Students, Oladimeji Uthman, said the student body would constitute a committee to look into the matter.

Uthman described the act allegedly committed by the students as barbaric and disheartening.

https://punchng.com/sex-romp-principal-denies-cover-up-suspends-six-students/?amp

Previous Thread:
FGC Ijaniki, Lagos Students Lodge Colleagues In Hotels For Sex Romps

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by tydi(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2023
A girl already had one million in her account from olosho bizz what is she still doing in school then when she has already find her calling. .. money dey clitocurrency oo

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by superCleanworks(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2023
Can of fat worms

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by yomi531(m): 7:29am On Jan 05, 2023
Small girl get 1 million for account and me dey find money to buy car for bolt in vain. Chai, God why??

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by BigYash: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2023
How the next generation wan even be like? Girl go hoe up and down finish,come here come dey tell her papa say Virginity no matter. Some now dey do family planning as if they are married. Imagine toto wen work 1m,wetin dey the body and toto again at that age o?

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by christejames(m): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2023
For insisting it only happened once makes me believe that the school management is indeed covering up the amorous activities going on in the school...

Why suspending them instead of outright expulsion to serve as a deterrent to others nursing such idea? undecided

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Jammey6551(m): 7:52am On Jan 05, 2023
Clowns

You suspended six upcuming whóres to take a break from wh0ring! Why not rehabilitate their minds in to a proper use.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Oromoni619: 8:10am On Jan 05, 2023
1million in her account?

Nawaooo ,reason so many girls do hookup

God bless every guy legit hustling, money must be made

Read my signature for more wins

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by jamesharryson(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2023
School management are now the new scape goats in town. Punish a child for wrong doing, it will be termed abuse. Give other form of punishment, it will be called abuse. Don't punish a child and follow him/her mildly, it will be termed spoiling a child and supporting evil.
Parents don't accept the responsibility of child upbringing again. May God be with our school managements and teachers. They too deserve God's guidance, direction, protection and also our support. We need to always encourage them because from experience, i can confidently tell you that they have a lot of responsibilities too

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by FiremanX: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2023
You will be amazed at what is happening these days, the direction these kids are going, only God knows what the future holds. I think parents need to discipline their wards more.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by lereinter(m): 8:43am On Jan 05, 2023
Nothing new about this kind of occurrence in boarding school.

Especially among ss3 passing students

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Baronthecelebri: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2023
Wahala exactly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Verifiedtrader(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2023
To sire a female child now na something else.
Naso my neighbour here dey bring different guys home almost every night.
Get your T-Mobile esim from me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by DesChyko: 9:47am On Jan 05, 2023
Why is Ijanikin misspelt so much in almost all posts regarding this matter?

Anyways if what the Principal narrated is what happened, then they've followed standard procedure.

Aka ikpa kwoo aka nri, aka nri akwoo aka ikpa. It's everyone's effort.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by talk2hb1(m): 10:00am On Jan 05, 2023
Tooh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Samfloxin(m): 10:28am On Jan 05, 2023
Morality is packing her bags seriously out of this world

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by GOTVee: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2023
sad

2 Likes

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by ecolime(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2023
Samfloxin:
Morality is packing her bags seriously out of this world
Lets not deceive ourselves, stuffs like this has been happening since time immemorial. So, no be today unless you didn't go to a boarding school. Thank God we still turned out well. My kids not fit go boarding ooo

Pwettylinda:
Yoruba peple and sex
Grow some sense

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by sofeo(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2023
Alright!

2 Likes

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by bigdammyj: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2023
Reading...

1 Like

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Pwettylinda(f): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2023
Yoruba peple and sex

4 Likes

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by KingLennon(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2023
Sometimes I get scared for my unborn kids. This generation is on a time-bomb. Parents and the social media are to blame for the moral decadence. We want to copy the western world now look at what we are producing.

I worked as a Teacher in a top private secondary school and I witnessed all these nonsense first hand. The funniest part, the parents say you can't beat their children (◔‿◔) and the school has no option because they want the fees....

What will children be doing in a hotel? I cherish how we were raised o. Dem never born you well (◔‿◔)

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by DevilSignature: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by NOC1(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2023
Those little girls charge without looking back. They charge 20k upwards per cum.

This is not only applicable to Lagos, it is a National crisis.
We embraced wokeism without putting checks in motion, every parents want to be a liberal, cancel culture is upheld without reasoning.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by joyandfaith: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by Angelfrost(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2023
This generation is gone!

Nothing meaningful goes through their minds but sex, drugs, easy money, and other forms of debauchery.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FGC Ijanikin, Lagos Principal Speaks On Sex Scandal, Suspends 6 Students by WasiuTheViper: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2023
Lagos is a stinking overrated place. I can't raise children in that big slum.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mapoly Admission List Is Out!. Check Yours. / These 17 Funny Photos Tell The Story Of Every Jamb Exam Gone Wrong / Ifeoma Amuche Gives Her Speech In Chinese As Best Student In China University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.