Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals (23080 Views)

Asma'u Lawali Bungudu: Nurse Slumps And Dies On Duty In Zamfara Hospital (Photo) / Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Harassment From Male Doctors: Female Nurses/doctors, Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by theophorus(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Occupational hazard?

Do you know how many Patients all these Doctors have used as Lab rats and kill in the process?

Nigeria Doctors will give a wrong diagnose and wrong prescription but will quickly removed the part of the fill where they did the mistake once the patient packs.

Have you ever wonder why our politicians don't use Hospitals here? It cos most of them have the Nigerian orientation to work unfortunately just like the FGGC issue, there are a lot of damage and unnecessary death caused by them.

If Doctors and Nurses have done their Best for every patient with Emphathy I think dem no go dey collect beating.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by TheChameleon: 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Okoro coward.... Matron bravely defended him.

He Don run comot with nurse uniform

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Musty112: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by ruggedtimi(m): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
My parents run a clinic, I have witnessed the situations they usually face when a patient dies. And is mostly poor people that react violently. One guy almost stabbed my father, I had to push him away. The guy went ahead to destroy a tv set and window glasses accusing my father for the death of his little child. Apparently they have kept this girl in a church for several days before her condition deteriorated, They went to about two other clinics and they all rejected the case until she was brought to my father's clinic.

6 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by TheAlchemist: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
While every Ritualist is not a Surgeon, every Surgeon is a Ritualist.... becareful.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Henribest8(m): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
If you are from d west,I will say dey suspected skull mining, dat was why they attack u. Skull mining and wester Nigeria na 5 and 6.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by seunny4lif(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
Everyone knows that Nigeria medicals have messed up many times but that should be left for police to decide through investigation.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by TheChameleon: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
TheChameleon:
sad

Yes relatives attack Doctors and it's bad.

But that particular story in Benin seemed more like a cult hit.

The patient had a gunshot wound so how did his relatives come to the ward with guns?
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Patriotic9ja(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
SUNNINO:
God bless you, you just concluded it all.

Thank you
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Angelfrost(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Patriotic9ja:
Attacking medical practitioners is wrong in all terms. But these doctors too should be calming down. They have done more wrongs/damages in Nigeria than the said attacks they are having. In Nigeria their level of unprofessionalism and negligence is alarming. Which have led to numerous preventable deaths and many near misses. If not that there aren't systems checkmating their shortcomings, many of them would've lost their licences and serving jail terms.... I can count many cases of medical practitioners carelessness, negligence, and unprofessionalism, leading to losses

That's why it makes more sense to attack the system creating the monstrous doctors than attacking the doctors themselves!

If the system worked as it is supposed to, such cases of negligence would be very few and far between.

The same people criticizing and attacking doctors and healthcare practitioners still campaign for APC and PDP... Can you see the stupidity of such self deceit?!!

If youths hadn't taken to the streets in protests, would anything have been done about police lawlessness and corruption?!! Even years after, nothing of real meaning has been done to correct those flaws in law enforcement!

This is the main problem with Nigerians... We just like looking for cheap and soft targets for our frustrations instead of actively challenging the main problem: Poor Leadership!

In this report above, the doctors in question are not the main problem compared to the Hospital management in charge of them, and the federal ministry of health or even NMA!

Doctors have been messing up for years as we claim, yet many of us have never petitioned NMA, federal health ministry, and hospital management boards...!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by SeriouslySense(m): 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
When i thought of becoming a doctor i was scared, i would do the wrong thing and the patient will die, such a delicate profession in my own little understanding.

I think some people are motivated to become a doctor to make money and become rich. Because when i thought of doctors before, i had the wrong impression, i also thought of the wealth they could gain

Most Nigerians practice medicine, mainly for money, not care. Another issue with healthcare, is that it can be very demanding and exhausting, try to be in their shoes also, they work for very long hours without resting properly

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by boogie2: 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
I know some very good doctors but I have been in the midst of some doctors discussing heartlessly about their patients. The truth is that most Nigerian doctors don't care about their patients. If they want protection they should also come up with a system that punishes careless and heartless doctors. If Nigerian doctors want to japa make dem go but they should remember that in foreign countries they got better checks and balance systems in place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Smokedetector: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2023
habsydiamond:
It's not those peoples fault.. if the medical practitioners are quick to attend to emergencies patients such incidences won't happen. Public hospitals are not the best place to go for emergencies if u don't want the victim to give up before they attend to him or her... u will see the nurses watching films on their phones or they will be asking for card money something that can be done after rescue.

Q
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by backnbeta(f): 12:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
If you guys know how much Nigerian doctors are sacrificing to ensure that they treat patients, you will pity them! They are working with so little, yet you all are expecting so much from them! From operating with rechargeable lamps to using their money to help patients in cases of emergency...they are really trying! They are often forced to administer medication without tests, people are brought in dead or almost dead because there are no paramedics to keep them in shape till they get to the hospital! It's all on the doctors!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Neddstark: 12:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
LordIsaac:
I know that Nigerian medical practitioners have killed many in this life. May God have mercy on them! I was in one hospital when a pregnant woman died...that day, I felt instantly cold and very sorry for the relatives. But the nurses around were just gisting and laughing as if nothing happened. One was even accusing the dead of being stubborn at a point. I shook my head.

Thats a usually at an underpaid general hospital. Private offer better care but more expensive.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by omonnakoda: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
Patriotic9ja:
Attacking medical practitioners is wrong in all terms. But these doctors too should be calming down. They have done more wrongs/damages in Nigeria than the said attacks they are having. In Nigeria their level of unprofessionalism and negligence is alarming. Which have led to numerous preventable deaths and many near misses. If not that there aren't systems checkmating their shortcomings, many of them would've lost their licences and serving jail terms.... I can count many cases of medical practitioners' carelessness, negligence, and unprofessionalism, leading to losses of many forms.

There is a correct time and place to say something.
When you say the right thing at the wrong time it sounds stupid
The topic is attacking doctors. Are you suggesting it is right? If not What is your point?
Better to keep quiet if you have nothing useful to say

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Skyeyeye: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
Patriotic9ja:
Attacking medical practitioners is wrong in all terms. But these doctors too should be calming down. They have done more wrongs/damages in Nigeria than the said attacks they are having. In Nigeria their level of unprofessionalism and negligence is alarming. Which have led to numerous preventable deaths and many near misses. If not that there aren't systems checkmating their shortcomings, many of them would've lost their licences and serving jail terms.... I can count many cases of medical practitioners' carelessness, negligence, and unprofessionalism, leading to losses of many forms.

One of them forgot a surgical instruments in my neighbors' tummy. Sadly she didn't survive her second surgery. Guess what? The surgeon is still working in that government hospital

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by HaneefahRN(f): 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
These patient relatives will take their relatives to quacks or one mission house or be managing at home till the patient has deteriorated to something else then expect to bring to the hospital and have a miracle happen, if it doesn't then the health workers are to be blamed

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Skyeyeye: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
theophorus:
Occupational hazard?

Do you know how many Patients all these Doctors have used as Lab rats and kill in the process?

Nigeria Doctors will give a wrong diagnose and wrong prescription but will quickly removed the part of the fill where they did the mistake once the patient packs.

Have you ever wonder why our politicians don't use Hospitals here? It cos most of them have the Nigerian orientation to work unfortunately just like the FGGC issue, there are a lot of damage and unnecessary death caused by them.

If Doctors and Nurses have done their Best for every patient with Emphathy I think dem no go dey collect beating.
You're correct. A surgeon killed my neighbor after forgetting a surgical instrument in her belly. I still wonder why he's not in jail
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by ruggedtimi(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fedrick100:
Maybe you guys was looking for money first than saving the girl that’s why they were angry
no amount of money worth a life. But you should know these doctors will need to earn money and pay workers. I know several cases where a patients family abandoned their patients in the clinic because of lack of funds, there are cases whereby patient and leave behind their cars & phones because they couldn't afford their medical bills, there are also cases whereby police end up arresting a doctor for treating a gunshot injury. The reason why they ask for down payment and police report is to avoid stories that touched.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Goodman247: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nigeria are agbero attitude are 5 and 6
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Patriotic9ja(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
Skyeyeye:
One of them forgot a surgical instruments in my neighbors' tummy. Sadly she didn't survive her second surgery. Guess what? The surgeon is still working in that government hospital

You can imagine. My colleague lost his wife due to doctor's negligence. If not that I was around during my 1st child's delivery, it would have been a different tale. Lost my mother in-law due to negligence of doctor. ...... the list is just endless. They do these with so much impunity here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Ekpekus(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
ijustdey:
“The day I knew I didn’t have a future practicing medicine in Nigeria was the day I was almost beaten by a patient relative in…

https://tribuneonlineng.com/doctors-share-stories-of-attack-on-duty-in-nigerian-hospitals/
This is a thread to show the travails of doctors and other health professionals in the hands of patients and their relatives but some people would turn it to an opportunity of bashing health care professionals.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Guapismo: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
habsydiamond:
It's not those peoples fault.. if the medical practitioners are quick to attend to emergencies patients such incidences won't happen. Public hospitals are not the best place to go for emergencies if u don't want the victim to give up before they attend to him or her... u will see the nurses watching films on their phones or they will be asking for card money something that can be done after rescue.
It's easy to say it can be done after rescue, but if you're in the system you will understand that a lot of people won't pay after they are okay, it will sound somehow but you will be shocked when you will see a patient who was helpless, start avoiding payment after being treated.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by habsydiamond(m): 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2023
Guapismo:

It's easy to say it can be done after rescue, but if you're in the system you will understand that a lot of people won't pay after they are okay, it will sound somehow but you will be shocked when you will see a patient who was helpless, start avoiding payment after being treated.
that's our nature here though, the whites are better than us in many ways.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Skyeyeye: 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
Patriotic9ja:

You can imagine. My colleague lost his wife due to doctor's negligence. If not that I was around during my 1st child's delivery, it would have been a different tale. Lost my mother in-law due to negligence of doctor. ...... the list is just endless. They do these with so much impunity here in Nigeria
Zero empathy and motivation. They just don't care if you live or die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by juman(m): 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
Some medical workers deserve some beating.

Judiciary is too ineffective.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Richy4(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
I don't blame some relatives sometimes though... The day that they will decide on changing some hospital policies, then the attack might cease..

Many Hospitals puts money first before the lives of individual/ citizens.. I believe that was not what they were taught in school..That was not part of their oath of office especially in a poor country like Nigeria..

How can one see someone that was about to die, instead of at least rescuing the person from the hands of death first without administering full treatment of recovery, they just ignore the person until family members have deposited millions... That's just inhumane behavior...

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by FlawlessKarl: 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nigerian doctors are fucken bastards, if people have the guts to beat them mercilessly or kill them if need be, I will be happy. It's when you have encounter with these demons parading as doctors and nurses then you'll know that they don't deserve any pity from you.

The one that annoys me more is even if your person is at a very critical condition and is about giving up the ghost, if you don't pay to the last dime these Lucifers dare not look your face and even if your person should die, they fuckenly don't care.

God punish them , God punish Nigerian doctors, may their end be miserable.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Therapy Room .. Nairaland! / Medical Supplies Arrive In India As Coronavirus Cases Hit New Records (Photos) / COVID-19: Borno Confirms 11 Deaths, 69 Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.