Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals (23171 Views)

Asma'u Lawali Bungudu: Nurse Slumps And Dies On Duty In Zamfara Hospital (Photo) / Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Harassment From Male Doctors: Female Nurses/doctors, Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by TONYE001(m): 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
Richy4:

I totally understand you trust me buddy.. I am not in the medical field.. Life first before any other thing is what I am talking about... is there a way that a dying patient could be stabilized or rescued from the point of death...

I am not saying that he/she should be given full treatment.. Just enough for him or her to be alive first before Money negotiations kicks in.. That's just my line of argument..

If every patient pays up, there'd certainly be some money to accommodate emergencies. If the government decides to create funds to cushion hospital cost, emergencies will be covered.

But what happens in situations where some patients refuse to pay, and the government is doing next to nothing to help the situation? How will consumables be acquired? How will hospital staff (that will attend to the patient) be paid?

If a private facility continues to "save lives first" and patients fail to pay thereafter, they'd close down in no time.

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Judgesledge(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
FuckDModz:
grin

No be say this doctor sabi anything sha.

Even in developed countries, doctors are sued for negligence or ineptitude. Some even lose their license to practice.

But here, we have a doctor telling the world he couldn't save a life because the girl looked like a skeleton.

Omo, Nigerian quack doctors dey enjoy sha. Most of them go abroad to become PAs (physician assistants) but they behave like Voltrons here.

Fucking bastards!
your language suggests you are coming from a place of hate, hate only sees negatives. My guess is you've never had course to consult one of them BASTARDS

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by ukaface(f): 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sodiq3:
But that doesn't change the fact that many Nigerian doctors, especially Nurses most time show nonchalant attitude to patients.
and this is how nurses enter the story

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Spectrum22: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
ijustdey:
“The day I knew I didn’t have a future practicing medicine in Nigeria was the day I was almost beaten by a patient relative in…

https://tribuneonlineng.com/doctors-share-stories-of-attack-on-duty-in-nigerian-hospitals/

If Nigerian doctors carry their incompetence to Europe many of them will end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Richy4(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
TONYE001:

If every patient pays up, there'd certainly be some money to accommodate emergencies. If the government decides to create funds to cushion hospital cost, emergencies will be covered.

But what happens in situations where some patients refuse to pay, and the government is doing next to nothing to help the situation? How will consumables be acquired? How will hospital staff (that will attend to the patient) be paid?

If a private facility continues to "save lives first" and patients fail to pay thereafter, they'd close down in no time.

People are owing many organizations around the world.. the health care system would not be an exception...That's why credit control job is created to deal with debtors... I understand the valid point you made though..

But I think people should just go to some of this election rallies more.. gather their manifestos, comeback home and deliberate on which candidate will take the Healthcare system and employment serious in Nigeria....If people were employed, they can cover the cost of their treatment...and the ones beyond them could be funded by the govt...

But unfortunately, many were going there for jamborees

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by perdollar(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
Endangered species already, wt japaing at its peak, extincted species loading
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Neverlookback: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
I believe you are being too dramatic now.

I realize this is a sensitive subject, but we need to be realistic. The Government does not provide any form of financial support to the private clinics/hospitals for services rendered to the public.

If a private hospital uses their resources to offer emergency room services to about 100 lives without any reimbursement, you do realize this hospital can't afford to pay the staff and may have to close down.

It is a lot safer to take patients without ability to pay or John/Jane doe to FMC or general hospitals.

FlawlessKarl:

Shut up there. If a patient refuses to pay after treatment can't you take a legal action with such a patient? okay, Because of bad attitude of few patients that's they reason you fools kill alot of people by not attending to them until the pay till the last dime.

If there's any body that can beat or kill some of you fools I will be so glad and infact I will pay such person. Nigerian doctors are bastards, fools that knows nothing rather than priding themselves in quackery and killing alot of innocent people.

May God punish you guys, may you people die miserable in this life.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Neroclassic001: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Patriotic9ja:
Attacking medical practitioners is wrong in all terms. But these doctors too should be calming down. They have done more wrongs/damages in Nigeria than the said attacks they are having. In Nigeria their level of unprofessionalism and negligence is alarming. Which have led to numerous preventable deaths and many near misses. If not that there aren't systems checkmating their shortcomings, many of them would've lost their licences and serving jail terms.... I can count many cases of medical practitioners' carelessness, negligence, and unprofessionalism, leading to losses of many forms.

You are very right. A doctor almost killed my mum with excess dose of an antibiotics.
I went to visit my mum in the hospital straight from work. Not long, a doc came to administer her evening shots. I was keenly observing him as I usually do and noticed his error just as he was about to give the shot.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by drajjay: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Guyman01:
If patients also tell you the lack of empathy and negligence shown to patients by medical personnel in Nigeria you will faint in horror.
We took a profusely bleeding accident victim to the hospital and I watched in horror how they were all doing as if it means nothing if the patient dies, we kept begging them to at least stop the bleeding and their response after almost 1 hour with so much laxity and nonchalance was :we don't have bed space" if you are the relative of that dying man with a gun in your pocket you won't even know when you will release your bullet on those mudafacking health workers.

It's a systemic failure and both the doctors and patients should share the blame.
We watch how they attend to emergencies abroad, just pray not to be a victim at the mercy of our health workers, some of them seem to want you to die quickly so that they can tell your relatives the usual "sorry o na so God want am" or Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un for the Muslims
it's funny how you live in Nigeria and watch medical movies then expect the hospitals in Nigeria to operate this same way when Virtually every institutions in Nigeria is in near collapse. Clap for yourself.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by TONYE001(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Neroclassic001:

You are very right. A doctor almost killed my mum with excess dose of an antibiotics.
I went to visit my mum in the hospital straight from work. Not long, a doc came to administer her evening shots. I was keenly observing him as I usually do and noticed his error just as he was about to give the shot.

How do you know the dose was in excess? What's the name of the drug, and what was the dose he was about giving to your mum?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Guapismo: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
FlawlessKarl:

Shut up there. If a patient refuses to pay after treatment can't you take a legal action with such a patient? okay, Because of bad attitude of few patients that's they reason you fools kill alot of people by not attending to them until the pay till the last dime.

If there's any body that can beat or kill some of you fools I will be so glad and infact I will pay such person. Nigerian doctors are bastards, fools that knows nothing rather than priding themselves in quackery and killing alot of innocent people.

Oga you are obviously angry, direct your anger at whoever offended you abeg, no be me do you

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by CSTRR: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
TONYE001:

Wow. Let me attempt to clarify things here.

1. Healthcare delivery in Nigeria and abroad is truly not the same, just like it's different across other countries.

2. Doctors don't believe they are next to God. Doctors don't assign their jobs to nurses or other professionals to do. If you've seen any instant where a doctor asked a nurse to do his job, mention it in a quote.

3. A doctor can't be with you/your relative all the time, not in our environment at least. The patient-to-doctor ratio here is extremely poor. In some hospitals, a doctor that's on call will be responsible for the entire medical and surgical wards (M and F). How do you want him to be with your patient all the time?

4. Doctors don't order for tests "to use patients as experiments." Where did you even hear this from? If a doctor sees a patient and immediately pronounces that the patient will die without doing anything, you'd come here to cry for his head. Now, the doctor intends to help and asks for some investigations to get a better understanding of what's up, you are now accusing him of this No doctor will order for investigations without first stabilizing the patient. If you bring in a patient in an emergency setting, after stabilizing the patient, the next thing is to try to work out what the actual problem is...this involves clerking, physical examination, and investigations (tests). If your patient dies while some tests are being conducted, is it the doctor's fault

5. Comparing the Nigerian situation to your experience in Europe: healthcare workers don't even have enough hand gloves and other PPE's to use...most hospitals can't afford to give these to the husbands of women in labour because they want to witness the delivery. In most teaching hospitals, the labour room is a poorly-demarcated broad room. We don't allow patients' spouses to come in....because we would be exposing other ladies' privacies to you! We don't have enough facilities to have one patient to a room... Our peculiarities make it unfair to compare our health system with that of developed nations.

6. You want change? Talk to your leaders. Vote rightly. The entire change has to be revamped! It's not the doctor's fault that things are like this. Doctors are doing their best, really. A LOT OF TIMES, they go as far as paying for patients...they donate blood for patients...they do a lot...because the system does not even meet the minimal expectation of what an ideal hospital should be.

7. In conclusion, ensure you (and your friends/family) come to the hospital early. Don't wait until it's too late. If you truly feel that the doctor didn't handle your case as he should, there are legal options to pursue justice.

8. Doctors have the right to defend themselves. If a doctor feels threatened, and there is no possibility to escape from the situation, be rest assured that he'd fight back, to whatever extent.
They still want to vote Tinubu or atiku in 2023.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by airsaylongcome: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Must have been 2015 or 2016. Got a call from a nurse at my dad's practice to turn up real quick. My dad, a FWACS, FRCS(Ed) general surgeon, 30 years as a Consultant had been physically attacked by relatives of a surgical patient that had passed. I don't remember the details of the patient's case but patient had been taken to all trado-medical homes and churches without respite. Why my dad did not just refer them to FMC Abeokuta beggars belief. He had always been known as a super-doc and I'm sure in his head he could salvage the patient. Anyway, patient made it out of OR but died post-op. Family came and attacked him during his morning ward rounds in his practice just outside Abeokuta, in an area of Oyo State called "Oke-ogun" and I was in Lagos. Came with cudgels and all and his 60+ year old self had to literally run. I was in Lagos when the call came. I mobilized awon goons mi and we stormed the yard. Pure mayhem that day. That Yoruba tag line "Olopa ma ko gbogbo wa" came to real life. Since that day, he swore never to take on Kwale patients (patients were from Ukwani in Delta State and we were also Deltans bordering Ukwani people, so he basically took the patients because "na my brothers"). Must have done him a lot of internal damage as my dad passed within one or two years of the incident.

RIP to one of the greatest surgeons that ever lived

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
beejaay:
kiss

Are you female?
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Patriotic9ja(m): 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2023
Neroclassic001:

The truth is these guys have been silently killing Nigerians even more the SARS or NPF.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by HardBishop: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2023
Richy4:
I don't blame some relatives sometimes though... The day that they will decide on changing some hospital policies, then the attack might cease..

Many Hospitals puts money first before the lives of individual/ citizens.. I believe that was not what they were taught in school..That was not part of their oath of office especially in a poor country like Nigeria..

How can one see someone that was about to die, instead of at least rescuing the person from the hands of death first without administering full treatment of recovery, they just ignore the person until family members have deposited millions... That's just inhumane behavior...

It seems Nigerian never show you wheeee.!!! You don't know the over smartness I Nigerians made this country to be very corrupt.
U need wisdom in managing our services and prayers. Walahi��� don't worry when police arrest you for treating a gun shot bokoharam or a thief? Your eye go clear

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2023
Desusi:
I have witnessed doctor attention to patients in Nigeria and outside here.ln Nigeria, doctor believed they are next to God.ln most cases, the leave most of their responsibilities for matrons. When you need their attention and they are nowhere to be found, matron will tell you,its not my job.At other times,when a patience is brought to an hospital they know quite alright that the patients may not survived the illness, they will start to do series of tests and be using the sick for experiment until the patient died.Tell me, after wasted thousands of naira if not millions, how you will not transfer aggression on them. Many years ago when my wife was to give birth to my first child in Europe, l was treated like somebody. You will see the professional ways things were done.As a young African man,they asked me, Sir,would you want to stay with us in the labour room? l said, yes. ok.
They gave me hand gloves, cap and mouth cover.when they discovered l couldn't bear my wife crying,they took me aside and asked me to sign for operation. I said no, no.lam from a Royal family,just to avoid operation. Later they told me, they gave my wife the next 15 minutes to press.Meanwhile, they made hot tea for me asking me how is Africa.?As God will do it ,my wife deliver safely. Tell me,which general hospital in Nigeria, such would be done to you? No, Not even in a private hospital.

You should see the tax rate of European nations and then compare it to Nigerian tax rate, then you will understand a few things

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by HardBishop: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
FlawlessKarl:

Both doctors and nurses and patient are bad. Nigerians love taking advantage over someone righteous sacrificial services. They will claim is a miracle while not knowing someone might lose his job or get debited.
Patients too are very wicked infact 79% of them are corrupt. If the patient survive, both the families and the patient will look for a way to escape. Walahi I know what I am talking about. WE ARE HIGHLY RELIGIOUS BUT OVER DUBIOUS AND WICKED

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by HardBishop: 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Must have been 2015 or 2016. Got a call from a nurse at my dad's practice to turn up real quick. My dad, a FWACS, FRCS(Ed) general surgeon, 30 years as a Consultant had been physically attacked by relatives of a surgical patient that had passed. I don't remember the details of the patient's case but patient had been taken to all trado-medical homes and churches without respite. Why my dad did not just refer them to FMC Abeokuta beggars belief. He had always been known as a super-doc and I'm sure in his head he could salvage the patient. Anyway, patient made it out of OR but died post-op. Family came and attacked him during his morning ward rounds in his practice just outside Abeokuta, in an area of Oyo State called "Oke-ogun" and I was in Lagos. Came with cudgels and all and his 60+ year old self had to literally run. I was in Lagos when the call came. I mobilized awon goons mi and we stormed the yard. Pure mayhem that day. That Yoruba tag line "Olopa ma ko gbogbo wa" came to real life. Since that day, he swore never to take on Kwale patients (patients were from Ukwani in Delta State and we were also Deltans bordering Ukwani people, so he basically took the patients because "na my brothers"wink. Must have done him a lot of internal damage as my dad passed within one or two years of the incident.

Thats why GENERAL BUHARI avoided Nigerian hospital so as for him to live long. I think whites doctors are more professional in handling life than we blacks. The only thing we know is to know to how break record.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by TONYE001(m): 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Must have been 2015 or 2016. Got a call from a nurse at my dad's practice to turn up real quick. My dad, a FWACS, FRCS(Ed) general surgeon, 30 years as a Consultant had been physically attacked by relatives of a surgical patient that had passed. I don't remember the details of the patient's case but patient had been taken to all trado-medical homes and churches without respite. Why my dad did not just refer them to FMC Abeokuta beggars belief. He had always been known as a super-doc and I'm sure in his head he could salvage the patient. Anyway, patient made it out of OR but died post-op. Family came and attacked him during his morning ward rounds in his practice just outside Abeokuta, in an area of Oyo State called "Oke-ogun" and I was in Lagos. Came with cudgels and all and his 60+ year old self had to literally run. I was in Lagos when the call came. I mobilized awon goons mi and we stormed the yard. Pure mayhem that day. That Yoruba tag line "Olopa ma ko gbogbo wa" came to real life. Since that day, he swore never to take on Kwale patients (patients were from Ukwani in Delta State and we were also Deltans bordering Ukwani people, so he basically took the patients because "na my brothers"wink. Must have done him a lot of internal damage as my dad passed within one or two years of the incident.

What a sad experience! So sorry about the passing of your dad.

IGNORANCE, frustration, poverty, and sometimes, pure hatred and jealousy are major players in a typical doctor-patient relationship in our environment. If not, how does one arrive at a conclusion that "a doctor killed his person" without conducting an autopsy? Most of our people take their relatives to all sorts of corners before bringing them to the hospital...and they expect the doctor to perform magic...

I once watched a video where a certain pastor was violently kicking the abdomen of a gravid woman in the name of deliverance. Such stupidity!

Our people will go about exhausting their resources on babawalos et al. and when the person is almost gone (also when they've run out of cash), they'd bring the poor individual to the hospital. You see ignorant people that know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the human body/health will be giving idiotic medical advice to friends/neighbours/etc...causing more harm/damage.

We once had a case of obstructed labour. This woman had been to a TBA where she was forced to push...she ran into exhaustion, and soon began to bleed. She was rushed to the emergency ward...her baby had died and she lost her uterus. Young woman in her twenties. She almost died, as a matter of fact. If she had died, who knows Her people would have caused havoc in the hospital.

We need to revamp the system. The National Orientation Agency has a lot of job to do. We need to have readily-available armed security in our hospitals, especially in volatile centres. And, most importantly, healthcare workers must be willing to protect themselves at all cost.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by drsibz66(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
theophorus:
Occupational hazard?

Do you know how many Patients all these Doctors have used as Lab rats and kill in the process?

Nigeria Doctors will give a wrong diagnose and wrong prescription but will quickly removed the part of the fill where they did the mistake once the patient packs.

Have you ever wonder why our politicians don't use Hospitals here? It cos most of them have the Nigerian orientation to work unfortunately just like the FGGC issue, there are a lot of damage and unnecessary death caused by them.

If Doctors and Nurses have done their Best for every patient with Emphathy I think dem no go dey collect beating.

Don't the same Nigerian doctors treat our politicians outside the country. Nigerians like to do hasty generalisation. Since you were born haven't you been treated in a Nigerian hospital or do people not die in oversea hospital.

There is a systemic and national default in every occupation in Nigeria that is responsible for the citizens not getting the best , be it in health care , banking, government parastatal, education etc and its because of the general attitude to work of every Nigeria because of lack of accountability.

Quote me the health care system is the most functional system in the country where you can see round pegs and round hole , coupled with a bit of professionalism.
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by jessylaurel(f): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
ijustdey:
“The day I knew I didn’t have a future practicing medicine in Nigeria was the day I was almost beaten by a patient relative in…

https://tribuneonlineng.com/doctors-share-stories-of-attack-on-duty-in-nigerian-hospitals/

All I can say is Nigeria health practitioners (doctors) are all negligent..
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
FuckDModz:
grin

Even in developed countries, doctors are sued for negligence or ineptitude. Some even lose their license to practice.

But here, we have a doctor telling the world he couldn't save a life because the girl looked like a skeleton.

Omo, Nigerian quack doctors dey enjoy sha. Most of them go abroad to become PAs (physician assistants) but they behave like Voltrons here.

Fucking bastards!

In those advanced countries doctors are shot to death abi?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by placeofallure(f): 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
FuckDModz:
grin

Fucking bastards!

Why would a parent leave a child till she's looking like a skele before taking her to the hospital? My mum will send me, her grown married child, to the hospital if I sneeze. She will insist!

I'm sure you didn't read the part where they gave the mother prescription since ward round in the morning and up till evening she still never go buy, no be negligence be that?
Abegi!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by airsaylongcome: 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
HardBishop:

Thats why GENERAL BUHARI avoided Nigerian hospital so as for him to live long. I think whites doctors are more professional in handling life than we blacks. The only thing we know is to know to how break record.

Too much fallacy of generalization here. White doctors more professional? If a Nigerian doctor told you to run a battery of tests before they can start treating for malaria, will you run the tests? Or would you just go to the nearest "chemist" to buy Paracetamol and Anti-malarial?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by airsaylongcome: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
TONYE001:

What a sad experience! So sorry about the passing of your dad.

IGNORANCE, frustration, poverty, and sometimes, pure hatred and jealousy are major players in a typical doctor-patient relationship in our environment. If not, how does one arrive at a conclusion that "a doctor killed his person" without conducting an autopsy? Most of our people take their relatives to all sorts of corners before bringing them to the hospital...and they expect the doctor to perform magic...

I once watched a video where a certain pastor was violently kicking the abdomen of a gravid woman in the name of deliverance. Such stupidity!

Our people will go about exhausting their resources on babawalos et al. and when the person is almost gone (also when they've run out of cash), they'd bring the poor individual to the hospital. You see ignorant people that know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the human body/health will be giving idiotic medical advice to friends/neighbours/etc...causing more harm/damage.

We once had a case of obstructed labour. This woman had been to a TBA where she was forced to push...she ran into exhaustion, and soon began to bleed. She was rushed to the emergency ward...her baby had died and she lost her uterus. Young woman in her twenties. She almost died, as a matter of fact. If she had died, who knows Her people would have caused havoc in the hospital.

We need to revamp the system. The National Orientation Agency has a lot of job to do. We need to have readily-available armed security in our hospitals, especially in volatile centres. And, most importantly, healthcare workers must be willing to protect themselves at all cost.

I mean! Absolutely NO DOCTOR takes pride in loosing a patient. None! Our people will go and patronize CHO and CHEWs under the guise of "Doctors" and when things go south, they start screaming that Docs killed the patient. They drink all manner of roadside "prescriptions" and bring their half dead selves to the hospital when they are already at the boarding gates for their death flight

6 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Litmus: 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
I'll never understand why Nigerians seem to believe that there are extraordinary occurrences that are unique to Nigeria. undecided

Abroad, security officers patrol in all hospital precisely because Doctors, Nurses and hospital staff are always in danger of being attacked by patients, patients relatives and members of the general public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYjpxAjeSM

1 Like

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by airsaylongcome: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
jessylaurel:

All I can say is Nigeria health practitioners (doctors) are all negligent..

How can you make such sweeping statements? They are all negligent? Did the patients come to the hospital at the earliest symptoms of their ailment? No doc, Nigerian trained or not, takes pride in loosing a patient

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Litmus: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by HardBishop: 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Too much fallacy of generalization here. White doctors more professional? If a Nigerian doctor told you to run a battery of tests before they can start treating for malaria, will you run the tests? Or would you just go to the nearest "chemist" to buy Paracetamol and Anti-malarial?
Hmm when they will skyrocketed prizes because to check if your blood has malaria if typhoid? Where doctors even add little charges together with the stipulated of fixed charges?
Some will tell you to visit another hospital for common test? See we have to set things straight. U can't see such e.g in UK or china.
Is everywhere around, don't be sentimental
Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by airsaylongcome: 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
HardBishop:

Hmm when they will skyrocketed prizes because to check if your blood has malaria if typhoid? Where doctors even add little charges together with the stipulated of fixed charges?
Some will tell you to visit another hospital for common test? See we have to set things straight. U can't see such e.g in UK or china.
Is everywhere around, don't be sentimental

Can we do a side by side comparison of the cost of lab investigations in Nigeria, the UK and the US? That way we know which costs more. A fully qualified doctor in Nigeria is a professional. Does things by the books because they have to protect their MDCN license. I'm not being sentimental (I'm not a doc). But as Nigerians, we consider hospitals as last recourse. When there are millions of pastors that have "cured" cancer, AIDS and other life threatening diseases. The average Nigerian sees going to the hospital as "last resort". We believe that medical challenges are attacks from "village people". Same medical challenges that could have been easily resolved if they were diagnosed very early

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Share Alarming Stories Of Attack On Duty In Nigerian Hospitals by Jayboi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Imagine that statement that he knew he didn't have a future in nigeria. So pathetic and very unpatriotic. Many doctors after having been trained in Nigeria and with heavy govt subsidy wud believe they are on top of the world and above every other profession. It's so sad. We all know emotions run high and no one wud want to see his or her loved one die, yet these docs really need to understand the situations. It's a general problem. Event unfolding leading to the moment such loved one pass are often reasons why families descend on them. Many show lack of empathy or I don't care attitude. They believe they are bigger than where they are presently so take their duties very unserious. I bet we can have any Nigerian doc willing to go to battle fronts to treat wounded soldiers. Most are after money and have forgotten the real reason ls for taken the Hippocratic oath. We have plenty who are good but most of them shud be calming down abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies! 6 Ways To Cure Vaginal Itching / From Faint And Wake To Slump And Die / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.