Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget (15063 Views)

Obi Celebrates Prof. Pat Utomi On His 68th Birthday And 20th Year Anniversary... / Labour Party Rejects Odigbo, Cautions Pat Utomi On Appointments / 2023: LP Will Get At Least 15 Votes In Every Polling Unit, Says Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Tareq1105: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
Prof Utomi is scheming to be the next CBN governor.

Each time I watch him on TV I recall when Soludo then as CBN governor wanted to debase the Naira. Prof Pat Utomi was among those shouting on TV no no no, that's crude, that's nonsense, it's not the best way to keep the economy going. There was nothing he didn't say then just to protect his Dollar Account. Ghana debased her currency then. South Africa debased her currency too but Utomi and others did not allow Soludo to do same for Naira. Selfish fellows. I don't know how many of the companies he consults for is still kicking and profitable today. All na theory theory, and they remain at the theory level. No wonder no government, federal or state, even local councils, has ever deemed him fit for appointment. Outdated self centered economists everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by JOemmy(m): 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2023
What do you expect from a regime that is led by a fulani jihadist?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Indispensable85(m): 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Geminiivory: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Timmi:

Ok, oga at the top, please respond to my statement. I don't make noise and I only tell you what I know and if you know of a company your idol economist has been associated with and the business is still surviving or thriving, please provide the relevant information otherwise keep your mouth shot.

Then dont be a lazy student. Go check who Pat Utomi is
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by cliqtips: 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
Robnectar:

How do I learn Google adsense plz

Do you have a website ?
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Tareq1105: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Geminiivory:

Then dont be a lazy student. Go check who Pat Utomi is

Who's he?

At his age, what has he done for Nigeria and his home state?

I know him to be one of those self centered economists who stopped Prof Soludo, then CBN governor from the decision to debase the Naira.

Prof Pat Utomi can only talk to impress indomie children who doesn't know him and not someone like me.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Reference(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
This is what I said late last year that some ignoramus did not understand and wanted me to start an conversation argument over.
When you are borrowing so massively, practically 110 percent to fund your budget and then spending all that money on everything except productivity then inflation will simply destroy you.

They say, well other countries borrow and other countries spend on 'infrastructure' during recessions aka spend out of recession (that even the Liberal Party in the UK is distancing itself from just today). But then in our case what are we borrowing to do that boosts the economy, that has created jobs or established local businesses and onshore industries..... none.

For when the bulk of borrowings go to roads and bridges that have no direct returns on investments and rails and other things that are handled by foreign contractors who source materials, men and technologies almost 100 offshore then every advantage is practically lost.

And then when government itself should be tightening its own belt, its takings, i.e the cost of running Nigeria through personnel costs, overheads and sundries is at record levels making every taxpayer a virtual slave to his neighbour who is a civil servant or politician.

So why will inflation not cripple Nigeria and exacerbate poverty, corruption and crime going forward. Nigeria is in a mess. And when we say restructure so that average brains can cope with leadership challenges, the owners of Nigeria say no. Okay, let the people elect superior leaders who maybe able to manage the tough system we have imposed on ourselves by qualitative intellect, they say no. So we are left with an unworkable system manned by incompetence as reflecting their desire.

Nigeria today is the product of all this.
We will learn by suffering, accelerated and aggravated suffering. This is sure.
Nigerians will be forced do what they have never imagined themselves doing this year.
I just pity the unprepared.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by HardMirror(m): 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lemmy123:
That is why I use Rise to save my money in dollars. I no wan hear say dollar go up, Naira fall like who them push from up grin

The next thing is investments
i keep my money in USD too, but i am switching to diversifying. Would buy fast moving commodities instead so i can always set the price i want to sell at, you cannot reallybset your price with fiat currency.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Robnectar(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
cliqtips:

Do you have a website ?

I have a owned website, can I use uspostals.com
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2023
DruLamar10:

Please can you shed more light on this?? ����
Rise is a savings and investment platform that helps save and invest your money in USD, think of it as an alternative to hoarding USDT in your Binance. Certain percentage is added to your money, depending on which investment category you opt for. The interest varies by categories and you can get your money anytime you want... If you don't want to invest sef, you can just move your money from your local bank account such as Access Bank or First Bank or any bank into your Rise account and leave it there... 8% interest in dollars will be agreed to that money in 10 months. And when Naira falls, the value of your money automatically increases without you doing anything...

Bottom line? Just a cool trusted financial platform to safeguard your finances. DYOR by the why... Search for Rise on Google
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Munamoqel: 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
HardMirror:
i keep my money in USD too, but i am switching to diversifying. Would buy fast moving commodities instead so i can always set the price i want to sell at, you cannot reallybset your price with fiat currency.

Hard truth.. I'm looking to do the same
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by OmoOshodi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Tareq1105:

Honestly speaking, any of the candidates will do better than Buhari. The problem with Buhari government was fundamental. He missed it from the day he allowed nepotism to overshadow merits in his appointments. I believe all the candidates are aware of this fundamental error. This is where Tinubu is different.
No candidate will do better....i repeat....including Peter Obi that will get my 1 vote next month.....if he is going to govern with the fraud paper a.k.a 1999 Constitution...

Know this and know peace

That's is my pointed point..... cool

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
namqul:

How boss can we talk
No yawa
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by TrueNigerian300: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
awoniyi1236:
sad I pity the next president, I don’t think any magic will happen in the next 10 years sad

This is the point we are making to anyone shouting Obi or others. The country is long gone.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by HardMirror(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lemmy123:

Hard truth.. I'm looking to do the same
many things you can buy from aliexpress and co sell for like times 2 the price in nigeria. Makes sense if you have usd you just buy from china and sell those things. My plan is to set aside about 40% of my earnings to doing this. Too much loses exchanging money to naira
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2023
HardMirror:
many things you can buy from aliexpress and co sell for like times 2 the price in nigeria. Makes sense if you have usd you just buy from china and sell those things. My plan is to set aside about 40% of my earnings to doing this. Too much loses exchanging money to naira

That's a good idea.. You factor in shipping charges too I guess
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by HardMirror(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lemmy123:

freeshipping only. I no dey in hurry for anything to arrive it is not that i need the money urgently, it is just to store value over longer time. Commodities are the best store of value. You always sell at your own price. Just learned this recently, even usd is not safe. Last year i bought usd at 880 next week it dropped to 630 and i sold at a loss. Lol
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by HardMirror(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lemmy123:

even with shiping it is not expensive. Chrisvic mall charges $2 per kg for sea freight. Go on aliexpress and see how much margin there for items that are highly sort for here in nigeria.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
HardMirror:
even with shiping it is not expensive. Chrisvic mall charges $2 per kg for sea freight. Go on aliexpress and see how much margin there for items that are highly sort for here in nigeria.

You are really giving me hints and headway, interesting.. Let me see
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
HardMirror:
freeshipping only. I no dey in hurry for anything to arrive it is not that i need the money urgently, it is just to store value over longer time. Commodities are the best store of value. You always sell at your own price. Just learned this recently, even usd is not safe. Last year i bought usd at 880 next week it dropped to 630 and i sold at a loss. Lol

Same thing almost happened to me when USD stood at N850 but later dropped to N710
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Wizmj4real(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nwaezeudo:
E no go better for APC undecided

Tho the high rate is favouring my NFT hustling wella. The least 0.08ETH wey I comot sell I don full my kitchen and settle some bills grin

But for the love of my dear country I still hope something should be done abeg cool

0.08ETH won't do shit for you bro
So you won't pay royalty fee and gas fee
Oga no decieve people oh
An NFT with floor price of 1.8ETH after payment of royalty fee and gas fee if not delisted is even a small money
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Cromagnon: 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
purpinkx:
People earning in USD be like...
gold on. Their own breakfast is loading. Fed just printing money anyhow
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lemmy123:
That is why I use Rise to save my money in dollars. I no wan hear say dollar go up, Naira fall like who them push from up grin

The next thing is investments

Is Rise credible?
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Bluntemperor: 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
Angelfrost:
Professor, that's already inevitable!
They have run the nation aground!
Well, good news to those earning in foreign currency... At least when you send little home, it would be like a lot! tongue

Professor Utomi ,too had been in and out of Govt and they should at least give good advise instead of telling us story!
He was amongst those young Nigerians, who enjoys Nigeria when the Peugeot Brand of Car were coming to Nigeria and what did we have in their days!
They opted for Import Substitutions instead of insisting on genuine Manufacturing In Nigeria.
This is the difference between Nigeria and China,for the Chinese will insist on 60 to 65% being locally made! See Chinese today o!
So what stopped Nigeria to be like China, except through insincerity, tribalism, Corruption, etc.
They should tell us new things,as they were all parts of the problems of NIGERIA.
I beg,make una park somewhere!
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by addexx: 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
grin God answer our prayers.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by dfrost: 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
KingLennon:
You don't need to study economics in the university to understand this.

Total estimated revenue--9 trillion naira
Total Expenditure---21 trillion naira

Like this, na to start to buy dollars keep o...

Then, a sane human being will open his or her mouth and say APC... I'll be like

Already moved from 710 on Monday to 730 today.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by amaham(m): 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Professor Utomi ,too had been in and out of Govt and they should at least give good advise instead of telling us story!
He was amongst those young Nigerians, who enjoys Nigeria when the Peugeot Brand of Car were coming to Nigeria and what did we have in their days!
They opted for Import Substitutions instead of insisting on genuine Manufacturing In Nigeria.
This is the difference between Nigeria and China,for the Chinese will insist on 60 to 65% being locally made! See Chinese today o!
So what stopped Nigeria to be like China, except through insincerity, tribalism, Corruption, etc.
They should tell us new things,as they were all parts of the problems of NIGERIA.
I beg,make una park somewhere!

Just take the message if you want and leave character assassination. Is Pat the cause of our insincerity, tribalism and corruption?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by sapele914(m): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2023
Tareq1105:
Prof Utomi is scheming to be the next CBN governor.

Each time I watch him on TV I recall when Soludo then as CBN governor wanted to debase the Naira. Prof Pat Utomi was among those shouting on TV no no no, that's crude, that's nonsense, it's not the best way to keep the economy going. There was nothing he didn't say then just to protect his Dollar Account. Ghana debased her currency then. South Africa debased her currency too but Utomi and others did not allow Soludo to do same for Naira. Selfish fellows. I don't know how many of the companies he consults for is still kicking and profitable today. All na theory theory, and they remain at the theory level. No wonder no government, federal or state, even local councils, has ever deemed him fit for appointment. Outdated self centered economists everywhere.
Nice you know the professor well, Na so so theory em and his fellow Laborious members carry for head, that was why it was easy for Pandora Pete to join the party.

Nothing wrong with Nigerian government policies on paper, the wicked humans implementing it is the problem.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Gohs: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
OmoOshodi:
No candidate will do better....i repeat....including Peter Obi that will get my 1 vote next month.....if he is going to govern with the fraud paper a.k.a 1999 Constitution...

Know this and know peace

See ehn. . . One thing Obi will do is restructure this country — meaning 1999 constitution will be thrown away.

A new constitution will be made.

From there, Nigeria will march forward.

Vote Peter Obi for president grin cheesy
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by sapele914(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
Gohs:

See ehn. . . One thing Obi will do is restructure this country — meaning 1999 constitution will be thrown away.

A new constitution will be made.

From there, Nigeria will march forward.

Vote Peter Obi for president grin cheesy
You must be joking? But If you are serious about what you said, quite obvious he will never enter there.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Gohs: 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
sapele914:
If you are serious about what you said, quite obvious he will never enter there.

Why did you say that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Associating My Name With Dasuki’s Case, Shameful – Falae / Ondo Gov, Aiyedatiwa Dissolves LGA/LCDAs Caretaker Committees / Bolanle Ambode Presents Cars To Raffle Draw Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.