Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget (15101 Views)

Obi Celebrates Prof. Pat Utomi On His 68th Birthday And 20th Year Anniversary... / Labour Party Rejects Odigbo, Cautions Pat Utomi On Appointments / 2023: LP Will Get At Least 15 Votes In Every Polling Unit, Says Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by sapele914(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Gohs:

Why did you say that?
Obi will restructure Nigeria, are you a kid politically?

Are you disrespecting the constitution of 1999 As Amended, the same Authority that made Peter Obi who he is politically?

Let that idiot stop deceiving the gullible about something outside of his jurisdiction, 1 man cannot claim to be wiser than the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by HardMirror(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2023
Lemmy123:

You are really giving me hints and headway, interesting.. Let me see
all the best. Pick things you can sell in bulk fast if you ever need to raise cash
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by KingLennon(m): 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
dfrost:

Already moved from 710 on Monday to 730 today.

Serious? Make I call my plug
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Gohs: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
sapele914:
Obi will restructure Nigeria, are you a kid politically? . . .

1) Restructuring this country is the ONLY way to continuous progress.

2) SW, SE, SS, NC all want restructuring. It's only NE and NW who are saying "No".

3) 1999 constitution is a fraud — it was not written by the citizens.
A group of powerful military men wrote this constitution and shoved it down our throats.

4) We want to write our own constitution ourselves — we will no longer use the constitution given to us by military men in 1999.

CONFIRMED cheesy

Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria cheesy grin
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by grandstar(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
awoniyi1236:
sad I pity the next president, I don’t think any magic will happen in the next 10 years sad

Nigeria's economic woes aren't that big. Buhari is simply the wrong man for the job.

The fiscal mess is caused by 3 things.

1. The fuel subsidy. This will cost cost close to 7 trillion next year to subsidize. Eliminate it and a major cause for the huge deficit next year is gone.

2. Subsidized dollar sales.

Ever since Buhari assumed office, he has subsidized the price of dollar by refusing it to achieve its true market value. For instance, presently, the official rate is 730 while the official rate is 440. The true value is around N600. At N600 or even 570, the official and black market rates would merge.

The subsidized dollar sale is a causing a massive loss of revenue. For instance, lets say the country earns $12bn in crude oil sales, that money would be disbursed 440 rather than N600. That $12bn will bring in 5.28 tr rather than N7.2 tr. That means the government is losing 1.92tr in revenue.

There is urgent need to end the dollar fixing by Buhari has it is the primary cause of the bad state of the economy. It has led to severe fx shortages at the official rate as no one in his right mind would sell at that rate.

Just fixing those 2 will fix a lot of problems with the fiscal expenditure and all the 3 leading candidates hahev promised to so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by dauda1986: 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
you better pity yourself
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Lemmy123(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nawteemaxie:

Is Rise credible?
Yes, it is...
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by oluwasayotinu: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
Guys, kindly subscribe to my YouTube channel @shaykorner I vlog about Intl student life abroad (USA). I would love to connect with new people and interact with you in the comment section. I await you on my channel. Thank you����

https://www.youtube.com/@shaykorner
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Timmi: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Geminiivory:

Then dont be a lazy student. Go check who Pat Utomi is

I know who he is and that’s why I made the statement. Now it’s left to you if you are not lazy to answer intelligently the question that I asked.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by djon78(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2023
ExAngel007:

https://www.thecable.ng/exchange-rate-may-surpass-n1000-says-pat-utomi-on-2023-budget/amp

Sometimes I even pray make Peter Obi no win this election, this one some polls are projecting him winning and all these endorsement

Let Tinubu or Atiku win.
They were the ones that brought Buhari in
And created all this mess

Let them clean up the mess

Because honestly
Wetin Buhari don do Nigeria
The reversal will be hard

Make those that created the mess Clean it
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by djon78(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
grandstar:

Nigeria's economic woes aren't that big. Buhari is simply the wrong man for the job.

The fiscal mess is caused by 3 things.

1. The fuel subsidy. This will cost cost close to 7 trillion next year to subsidize. Eliminate it and a major cause for the huge deficit next year is gone.

2. Subsidized dollar sales.

Ever since Buhari assumed office, he has subsidized the price of dollar by refusing it to achieve its true market value. For instance, presently, the official rate is 730 while the official rate is 440. The true value is around N600. At N600 or even 570, the official and black market rates would merge.

The subsidized dollar sale is a causing a massive loss of revenue. For instance, lets say the country earns $12bn in crude oil sales, that money would be disbursed 440 rather than N600. That $12bn will bring in 5.28 tr rather than N7.2 tr. That means the government is losing 1.92tr in revenue.

There is urgent need to end the dollar fixing by Buhari has it is the primary cause of the bad state of the economy. It has led to severe fx shortages at the official rate as no one in his right mind would sell at that rate.

Just fixing those 2 will fix a lot of problems with the fiscal expenditure and all the 3 leading candidates hahev promised to so.

And the debt of 77trillion nko
When your debt service is already higher than revenue

Cleaning up the mess is very difficult
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by djon78(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
DUNDEEMASTER:
Peter will salvage this country, buh it will be on Poco a Poco level.
The first mistake Buhari did was closing all borders thinking that you are helping Nigeria  
Nigeria is not a producing state why closing the borders. Even USA is still importing some commodities from other countries talk more of Nigeria.
As Nigeria is now, we barely have foreign revenue, so how will the naira gain value.. Seriously I weep for this country  
If we should make another mistake by Feb, too bad for us.

To me let Peter Obi forget this presidency wahala

This government have messed up everything

Let Tinubu or Atiku who first created the mess Clean it up
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by grandstar(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
djon78:

And the debt of 77trillion nko
When your debt service is already higher than revenue

Cleaning up the mess is very difficult

The only reason why debt service is higher than revenue is because of the petrol subsidy and dollar subsidies. End those subsidies to day today and the debt service will no longer be higher than that of revenue as that would easily add about 9 tr to the government purse.

The federal government needs to increase revenue by improving tax collection. If the country can improve tax collection by 2% of GDP alone, this would produce about 5 tr in revenues. 2% of GDP is not a big deal.

Also, what the Nigerian pays for its debt is quite high. It is presently 18.5% which is a high premium because of its loose fiscal policies.

With tighter reins on government spending and waste, interest rates may go down to around 11.5% or even single digits which would bring down the cost of servicing the debt.

Nigeria does not have a problem. What the country has is 'buharinomics' problem. . With him out of the way from next year June, 2023, some level of economic sanity should resume.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by djon78(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
grandstar:

The only reason why debt service is higher than revenue is because of the petrol subsidy and dollar subsidies. End those subsidies to day today and the debt service will no longer be higher than that of revenue as that would easily add about 9 tr to the government purse.

The federal government needs to increase revenue by improving tax collection. If the country can improve tax collection by 2% of GDP alone, this would produce about 5 tr in revenues. 2% of GDP is not a big deal.

Also, what the Nigerian pays for its debt is quite high. It is presently 18.5% which is a high premium because of its loose fiscal policies.

With tighter reins on government spending and waste, interest rates may go down to around 11.5% or even single digits which would bring down the cost of servicing the debt.

Nigeria does not have a problem. What the country has is 'buharinomics' problem. . With him out of the way from next year June, 2023, some level of economic sanity should resume.

After Buhari don run down everything and brought calamity for good eight years

Why didn't he do these things?

Removing the subsidy alone will affect Nigerians

All these your analysis sounds nice

But when the time comes we go see how far

It will not be a work in the park like that

The havoc is too much
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by hartson(m): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2023
dfrost:

Already moved from 710 on Monday to 730 today.
you are correct.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by dfrost: 8:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
KingLennon:

Serious? Make I call my plug

Yeah. Quite pathetic undecided
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by dfrost: 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
hartson:
you are correct.

You are welcome cry
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by grandstar(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
djon78:

After Buhari don run down everything and brought calamity for good eight years

Why didn't he do these things?

Removing the subsidy alone will affect Nigerians

All these your analysis sounds nice

But when the time comes we go see how far

It will not be a work in the park like that

The havoc is too much

If you want the subsidy to remain, then be ready for the Naira to hit 1,200 or even 1,500 in 2 years time. That is the real price you pay for the subsidy
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by excell0001: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
I be apc member no swear for some us ,we wan eat emilokan money and rice, still vote for labour party for presidential election. Their stipend no carry person reach two week self. After all we see buhari government wey no fit dey accountable, I no fit vote tinubu buhari pro max.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by wink2015(m): 4:44am On Jan 06, 2023
awoniyi1236:
sad I pity the next president, I don’t think any magic will happen in the next 10 years sad

Things will improve if the next President do the following:

1. Curb massive corruption in government.

2. Cut the huge cost of governance.

3. NO MATTER HOW POOR YOU ARE YOU MUST BRING SOMETHING TO THE NATIONAL TABLE that is help the federal government to generate revenue that will add up to our external reserve.

4. We must restructure Nigeria by doing away with our lopsided federal system that seems to centralise the power base of Nigeria in Abuja.
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by wink2015(m): 4:49am On Jan 06, 2023
awoniyi1236:

Things will improve if the next President do the following:

1. Curb massive corruption in government.

2. Cut the huge cost of governance.

3. Some States in Nigeria especially in the northern part of Nigeria often think they are so poor.

What are these state doing with huge lands.

Why are they not investing in Agriculture?

NO MATTER HOW POOR YOU ARE YOU MUST BRING SOMETHING TO THE NATIONAL TABLE that will help the federal government to generate revenue that will add up to our external reserve.

4. We must restructure Nigeria by doing away with our lopsided federal system that seems to centralise the power base of Nigeria in Abuja.

kiss shocked
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by kossyablaze(m): 6:37am On Jan 06, 2023
purpinkx:
People earning in USD be like...
lol... I cant wait

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by jidemosaic: 3:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Verified Nigerian Google Adsense a-v-a-ilable with the domain name. Education niche and comes with Ezoic approved too. Check signature to reach on W-h---a----t---s---a----p--p.....
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by cliqtips: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2023
Yes, you can but I think it has expired.

Robnectar:

I have a owned website, can I use uspostals.com
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Robnectar(m): 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
cliqtips:
Yes, you can but I think it has expired.

LoL,... Expired?, Site dat I bought with my money
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by cliqtips: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Robnectar:

LoL,... Expired?, Site dat I bought with my money
Click the link
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Robnectar(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
cliqtips:

Click the link

I listed it up for sale,... Still working
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by cliqtips: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Robnectar:

I listed it up for sale,... Still working

Ok...
I guess, you did because you're not making money with it.

Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by Robnectar(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2023
cliqtips:

Ok...
I guess, you did because you're not making money with it.

Chat me up on WhatsApp

What's ur WhatsApp digits
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by cliqtips: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
Robnectar:

What's ur WhatsApp digits

contact me for your google adsense approval

Contact us on whatsapp : +1 (480) four six six 0914
Re: Exchange Rate May Surpass N1000/$, Says Pat Utomi On 2023 Budget by hartson(m): 11:55am On Jan 17, 2023
HardMirror:
all the best. Pick things you can sell in bulk fast if you ever need to raise cash
bros things to sell in bulk fast like what and what do you suggest.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Colourful Pictures Of Lagos Carnival 2012 / Ortom And Lalong At A Chinese Round Table (pics) / Governor Obaseki Celebrates One Year In Office, Akeredolu & Amaechi Spotted (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.