Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma (11210 Views)

2023 Presidency: APC Governors Will Deliver 22 States For Tinubu – Uzodimma / Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose / 2023: Second Term Governors Plot To Succeed Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Lurdmax10: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo state said the Second Niger Bridge executed by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration is enough for the Igbo people of the South-East geopolitical zone to vote for the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in 2023.

Uzodimma made this assertion during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Thursday.

He said, “Senator Bola Tinubu is the presidential candidate of the APC, the party in power. From 1970 when the civil war ended, the Igbos asked for the Second Niger Bridge, and government after the government came with promises that were not fulfilled.

“The last Christmas was greeted with jubilation; Igbos coming from outside the South-East using the Second Niger Bridge. That is even enough for the whole Igbos to vote for Buhari’s legacy to continue.”

Uzodimma, who is the coordinator for Tinubu’s campaign in the South-East, also said most of the federal roads in the zone have received sufficient attention and budgetary commission and commuters no longer suffer as they use to before.

“It is not about whether Bola Tinubu is from the same place with me; it is about the programmes, to the extent that the manifesto of our great party has convinced and endeared the people. I’m very confident that the party to beat in Nigeria is the APC,” he said.

Uzodimma also said he is running a unified campaign for all APC candidates in the South-East, expressing confidence that all the party’s candidates from the governorship, House of Assembly, House of Representatives to Senate seats will be elected.

Federal Government on December 15, 2022, temporarily opened the bridge to traffic to ease the experience of travellers during the Yuletide break pending the final completion of the project.

The 1.6 kilometres long bridge links Anambra and Delta states.

The Second Niger Bridge was first proposed during the 1978/79 political campaign by then-candidate Shehu Shagari of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN).

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/2023-second-niger-bridge-enough-for-south-east-to-vote-tinubu-uzodimma/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Tochi3(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
cheesy grin

You have one vote.. use it & vote your Thief'nubu..

Anuofia

260 Likes 34 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
That's the mentality of Esau who sold his birthright for a plate of pottage. He regretted it afterwards with tears, but could not be regained.

157 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by LeoDeKing: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hope Uzodimma lives among these people, but obviously doesn't know them as he should.

Their comments on the bridge right from when Buhari started work till now that the bridge is in use should be a good pointer to what they really are.

I used to buy 3 bottles of a particular juice from one shop and leave my balance of N600 for the sales boy. I give 3k and my balance is 600. The sales boy became so "entitled" to this 600 that the moment he sees me parked in front of his shop, he simply arranged the 3 juice in poly bag for me and collect the 3k while I wind up and move. One day, the entitled idiot asked, "oga, nothing for your boy"? To cut the story short, I collected my 600 that day, and the last time he saw me there.

They always feel entitled to whatever anyone does for them, yet you can't park in front of their shop for 2 minutes just to answer a telephone call.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by DadaHammed: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2023
Among all the Eastern politicians, I have never seen any more hopelessly stupid and demented than this supreme court governor. Imo people were right to have rejected this shameless 419er and crook at the poll, it is a pity he has to bribe his way through the supreme court.

BVAS will send these ones in political oblivion.. grin

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by SLAP44: 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2023
Vote gbukwaa onwe gi there.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by ganisucks(f): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
DadaHammed:
Among all the Eastern politicians, I have never seen any more hopelessly stupid and demented than this supreme court governor. Imo people were right to have rejected this shameless 419er and crook at the poll, it is a pity he has to bribe his way through the supreme court.

BVAS will send these ones in political oblivion.. grin

It's an act. Gov Uzodinma will vote for Obi, and will port to Labour party after the election.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by godofuck231: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Bridge when them wan still pay pass through? Somebody give this guy slap quick

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by ganisucks(f): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Hope Uzodimma lives among these people, but he obviously doesn't know them as he should.

Their comments on the bridge right from when Buhari started work till now that the bridge is in use should be a good pointer to what they really are.

Well, just like the Northern governors, Uzodinma is robbing Baba Lagos blind.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by mrvitalis(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
I know really understand sha this bridge connect south south and south east why is everyone making it seem like only south east that's benefiting

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Ahmed0336(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
Just watch how some bitter souls will decend on Hope grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Nightwolf1: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2023
The only criteria needed to support APC is to convert yourself to a mad man and speak senselessly to the audience.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Betanaija42moro: 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2023
People are hungry and facing hardship in the country and this one is talking rubbish.

A litre of petrol is #350 in my area.

Where do we start, unemployment, inflation, killings, kidnapping, corruption, inflation

APC is a failed party

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Racoon(m): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2023
Even this onye iberibe supreme court governor Hope Uzondinjo is talking where sensible are talking? Bridge that will be tolled is what they are celebrating as achievement. So the SE is the only place the senseless govt is doing a favour by building a bridge?

The Loko Oweto Bridge was also complete within the same time but no fanfare.Always celebrating mediocrity is the basis of hero worship in Africa. Ekwensu kpokwa gi ezigbo okuu.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by mightyhaze: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Hope Uzodimma lives among these people, but obviously doesn't know them as he should.

I used to buy 3 bottles of a particular juice from one shop and leave my balance of N600 for the sales boy. I give 3k and my balance is 600. The sales boy became so "entitled" to this 600 that the moment he sees me parked in front of his shop, he simply arranged the 3 juice in poly bag for me and collect the 3k while I wind up and move. One day, the entitled idiot asked, "oga, nothing for your boy"? To cut the story short, I collected my 600 that day, and the last time he saw me there.

They always feel entitled to whatever anyone does for them, yet you can't park in front of their shop for 2 minutes just to answer a telephone call.
lie kee you dia..

I think u are the salesboy

Nairaland otedollar cheesy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by PrinceOfLagos: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2023
Mumu man

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by LeoDeKing: 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
mightyhaze:
lie kee you dia..

I think u are the salesboy

Nairaland otedollar cheesy
So leaving 600 for a sales boy is what makes me a "nairaland billionaire"? Are you that poor that 600 is such a huge amount to you?

Well, I'm not a billionaire, infact I'm not even a big boy, but for sure, I'm very comfortable. As in, very very comfortable and I'm very thankful to God.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by GerogeI(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
They are still quoting this fashola's lie. The only reason he left that project, without killing it is because Goodluck Jonathan concession that bridge to a consortium made up of Julius Berger, Some local and some international banks.
The bridge will be tolled, Fashola knows that. But that will be long after the elections. Federal Government paid for only the Engineering design in 2012, before Buhari. Every other thing will be paid for by us.

So Second Niger Bridge has nothing to do with Buhari. He did not terminate it, only because of the private sector interest behind the project.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Ojiofor: 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
Fa Fa Fa Fawul grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by ScamHunter: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
No wonder Fulani imposed this one on Imo. They assessed him well enough to know he doesn't reason like Igbo.

17 Likes

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Efuaye(m): 11:54pm On Jan 05, 2023
Chai! An ordinary bridge that should naturally be our right!
I remember when IBB completed the 3rd mainland bridge no one made a god of him.
Politics has really dealt with us.

18 Likes

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by christistruth01: 12:24am On Jan 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

We are still Waiting for Simon Ekpa to order IPOB to blow up the Bridge just like Ojukwu blew up the first Niger Bridge in 1967 barely 18 months after Balewa completed and opened it

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by frank14011991(m): 1:07am On Jan 06, 2023
Even if buhari turned the whole Alaigbo to Dubai, the ibos will still hate on him, they have still not gotten over Jonathan's loss since 2015 while the people of South south ( obaseki, udom, okowa, diri) have not only moved on but are supporting Atiku over obi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by NwaIdeato: 1:10am On Jan 06, 2023
I'm just happy this political class of idiots who call themselves South East leaders will be voted out in a few months time, Igbos should NEVER repeat the mistake of electing useless sell outs like Uzodinma, Umahi etc into any position of government in the SE ever again, Uzodinma has ruined Imo state to the extent that it will take some real effort by the next government of Imo state to fix the mess...we need to permanently bury the APC and PDP fifth in Alaigbo when we vote at the polls from the gubernatorial to the ward level.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by techWriter3: 1:11am On Jan 06, 2023
You do one vote

1 Like

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by olisaEze(m): 2:16am On Jan 06, 2023
This guy has his head stuck so far up the leaky baba’s anal sphincter that he might just suffocate himself if he doesn’t come up for air soon! He just makes things worse for his party in the SE anytime he opens his mouth to speak. One toll bridge in an eight year tenure should be enough for a third of the nation’s population to return their oppressors when they’re finding it hard to fuel their cars to cross said bridge?? Esau is shocked! grin

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Racoon(m): 4:34am On Jan 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:
..Their comments on the bridge right from when Buhari started work till now that the bridge is in use should be a good pointer to what they really are.
Granduer delusion! The senseless overhyping of this second Niger bridge by this disastrous govt and its hoardes of zombies will almost make one to think that the money used to build it is from APC personal pocket.

The government needs security, quality affordable healthcare, electricity, good roads to travel on( including bridges to transverse over aquatic terrains if needed be) etc. So providing the citizens with dividends of democracy is not a privilege but a right.

The day Nigerians will wake up to the fact that building infrastructure is the citizen’s fundamental right & our commonwealth that is the day these senseless politicians will start respecting us. .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by sunray(m): 5:45am On Jan 06, 2023
Lies. Fully funded by federal government.

GerogeI:
They are still quoting this fashola's lie. The only reason he left that project, without killing it is because Goodluck Jonathan concession that bridge to a consortium made up of Julius Berger, Some local and some international banks.
The bridge will be tolled, Fashola knows that. But thst will be long after the elections. Federal Givernment paid for only the Engineering design in 2012, before Buhari. Every other thing will be paid for by us.

So Second Niger Bridge has nothing to do with Buhari. He did not terminate it, only becayse of the pricate sector interest behind the project.
Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by mightyhaze: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

So leaving 600 for a sales boy is what makes me a "nairaland billionaire"? Are you that poor that 600 is such a huge amount to you?

Well, I'm not a billionaire, infact I'm not even a big boy, but for sure, I'm very comfortable. As in, very very comfortable and I'm very thankful to God.
ok lienus

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Toneypen247(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2023
Hmmn
Re: 2023: Second Niger Bridge Enough For South-East To Vote Tinubu – Uzodimma by Besexen: 8:44am On Jan 06, 2023
ganisucks:

It's an act. Gov Uzodinma will vote for Obi, and will port to Labour party after the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has 90 Million Naira Monthly Security Vote? / Fashola Presents Lagos State Development Plan (2012-2025) To Ambode. PICS / Farouk Adamu Aliyu Asks Court To Stop APC From Participating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.