Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? (3038 Views)

Playing Recorded Qur'an In Unclean Places / Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures / How Did Allah Command Us To Recite Al Qur'an During Salat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2023
Join this Qur'an reading challenge today! Reciting the Qur'an shouldn't just be reserved for Ramadan. Do you agree?

Even if you can't read a juuz/day, you can start with a smaller amount such as 1/2 or 3/4 of it, or even just a page or a line. Consistency and commitment are key.

Add Qur'an reading to your daily routine at a time that works for you. Remember, there are many benefits to reading the Qur'an (including the reward of good deeds). As the Prophet Muhammad said, "Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will receive one good deed as ten good deeds like it. I do not say that Alif Lam Mim is one letter, but rather Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter, and Mim is a letter."

As a rough estimate, here are some potential daily rewards for different amounts of reading:

1 line (36 letters) = roughly 360 good deeds
1 page (532 letters) = roughly 5,320 good deeds
5 pages (2,660 letters) = roughly 26,600 good deeds
10 pages (5,320 letters) = roughly 53,200 good deeds
20 pages (10,640 letters) = roughly 106,400 good deeds (one juuz/day). - I encourage this because you complere
Don't let the hours you spend online go to waste - use some of that time to earn rewards through Qur'an reading. Set a daily reminder and be consistent. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen."

I encourage you to aim for reading 20 pages per day - this is roughly one juuz, and if you can commit to this daily, you will complete a Qur'an in one month!

Below are some of the benefits of reading the Qur'an, both spiritual and physical.

Spiritual guidance: The Qur'an is considered the Word of God in Islam, and it is believed to contain guidance and teachings for all of humanity. Reading the Qur'an can help believers to understand God's message and to live a more meaningful and purposeful life.

Personal growth and development:
The Qur'an encourages believers to develop their character and to become the best version of themselves. Reading the Qur'an can help one to reflect on their own behavior and to make positive changes in their life.

Increased knowledge: The Qur'an is a source of knowledge and wisdom, and reading it can increase one's understanding of the world and their place in it.

Improved mental health: Some studies have suggested that reading the Qur'an can have positive effects on mental health, including reducing stress and anxiety and increasing feelings of calm and well-being.

Physical health benefits: Some research has also suggested that reading the Qur'an can have physical health benefits, including reducing blood pressure and heart rate and improving sleep.

Reward in the hereafter: In Islam, it is believed that reading the Qur'an and acting upon its teachings will be rewarded in the afterlife. The Prophet Muhammad is reported to have said, "The one who reads a letter from the Qur'an will have a reward, and this reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that 'Alif, Laam, Meem' is a letter, rather Alif is a letter, Laam is a letter, and Meem is a letter."

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by ANTlISLAM: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2023
Let's go I want to join

4 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by juman(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Wow, today is another friday.
I didnt know.

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by bamicity(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2023
Masha Allah

6 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by EazyEmperor(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2023
Jazzakallahu Khairan

6 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by juman(m): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2023
I always postpone quran reading, I will recite it well today.
Thanks for the encouragement.

6 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by motayoayinde: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2023
JAZAAKALLAH.

READING OR LISTENING TO THE RECITATION OF THE QUR'AN IN A MELODIOUS VOICE IS SOOTHING TO THE SOUL.

I LOVE ISLAM.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by lapazi(m): 11:16am On Jan 06, 2023
Im in!

2 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Ism4b(m): 11:32am On Jan 06, 2023
As Almighty Allah make it easy for reading (alqamar:17) may it be easy for us Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Hamzashaf99(f): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2023
I'm going for one page per day Insha Allah. The goal is not just to read it, but reflect on its meanings and see how to apply it to my life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by chillychill(f): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2023
Omo dat one page per day yen lasan not to talk of one juz per day ppl wey dey do am i dey envy dem o olohun. Ill kuku go for 5lines per day instead cheesy

May Allah make it easy for us all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by BabaHafs: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2023
chillychill:
Omo dat one page per day yen lasan not to talk of one juz per day ppl wey dey do am i dey envy dem o olohun. Ill kuku go for 5lines per day instead cheesy

May Allah make it easy for us all
Aamiin

2 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by seyicodes(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
I would like to join too

4 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Let's start.

4 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
Great, InShaAllah, I'll try and be sending us a reminder here.

Anybody can do it also.

3 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by reccy(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2023
In sha Allah, I will join also.

3 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by kmaster007: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
What else if I don't no how to read can listen to it good as well?

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2023
kmaster007:
What else if I don't no how to read can listen to it good as well?

Thanks for your interest. You can learn it. It's not very difficult..you can learn how to read Quran within a week if you're serious with it. So I strongly recommend you learn it!

But in interim you can get a translated copy and read the meaning in English or your preferred language; hoping that Allah is going to reward you.

But learn how to read Quran. It's very important to know how to as a Muslim. Shukran

3 Likes

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Haines: 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
Jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by dmaze: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2023
Jazakumullah khairan for this beautiful reminder.
May Almighty Allah SWT accept all our prayers and
jumu'ah, aameen.

Lukgaf:
Join this Qur'an reading challenge today! Reciting the Qur'an shouldn't just be reserved for Ramadan. Do you agree?

Even if you can't read a juuz/day, you can start with a smaller amount such as 1/2 or 3/4 of it, or even just a page or a line. Consistency and commitment are key.

Add Qur'an reading to your daily routine at a time that works for you. Remember, there are many benefits to reading the Qur'an (including the reward of good deeds). As the Prophet Muhammad said, "Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will receive one good deed as ten good deeds like it. I do not say that Alif Lam Mim is one letter, but rather Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter, and Mim is a letter."

As a rough estimate, here are some potential daily rewards for different amounts of reading:

1 line (36 letters) = roughly 360 good deeds
1 page (532 letters) = roughly 5,320 good deeds
5 pages (2,660 letters) = roughly 26,600 good deeds
10 pages (5,320 letters) = roughly 53,200 good deeds
20 pages (10,640 letters) = roughly 106,400 good deeds (one juuz/day). - I encourage this because you complere
Don't let the hours you spend online go to waste - use some of that time to earn rewards through Qur'an reading. Set a daily reminder and be consistent. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen."

I encourage you to aim for reading 20 pages per day - this is roughly one juuz, and if you can commit to this daily, you will complete a Qur'an in one month!

Below are some of the benefits of reading the Qur'an, both spiritual and physical.

Spiritual guidance: The Qur'an is considered the Word of God in Islam, and it is believed to contain guidance and teachings for all of humanity. Reading the Qur'an can help believers to understand God's message and to live a more meaningful and purposeful life.

Personal growth and development:
The Qur'an encourages believers to develop their character and to become the best version of themselves. Reading the Qur'an can help one to reflect on their own behavior and to make positive changes in their life.

Increased knowledge: The Qur'an is a source of knowledge and wisdom, and reading it can increase one's understanding of the world and their place in it.

Improved mental health: Some studies have suggested that reading the Qur'an can have positive effects on mental health, including reducing stress and anxiety and increasing feelings of calm and well-being.

Physical health benefits: Some research has also suggested that reading the Qur'an can have physical health benefits, including reducing blood pressure and heart rate and improving sleep.

Reward in the hereafter: In Islam, it is believed that reading the Qur'an and acting upon its teachings will be rewarded in the afterlife. The Prophet Muhammad is reported to have said, "The one who reads a letter from the Qur'an will have a reward, and this reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that 'Alif, Laam, Meem' is a letter, rather Alif is a letter, Laam is a letter, and Meem is a letter."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by yusufwaheed(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
Alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by ANTlISLAM: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2023
Let's get started, Why did Allah loves Christians and Jews so dearly like this?

Quran 5:51

“Don’t take Jews or Christians for friends. If you do, then Allah will consider you to be one of them.”

Quran 8:12

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes

Quran 9:5

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans (Christians and Jews) wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Quran 8:39

And (O believers) fight them until there is no more mischief and the religion (Islam) is established completely for Allah alone. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then surely, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.
Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 10:44am On Jan 07, 2023
Reminder: don't for your daily Qur'an routine. Baarakallahu feekum!

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 8:23am On Jan 08, 2023
Reminder

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2023
Perhaps you have not recited Suratul Khaf today. Why not devote roughly 10 minutes to read it now?

Don't procrastinate!

BaarakaLlohu feekum

1 Like

Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 5:41am On Jan 30, 2023
How's it going?
Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2023
💥QURAN CHALLENGE UPDATE

If you have joined the daily Qur'an challenge and are reading a Juuz/day, you will find another verse of prostration today. Remember to recite your adhkar sajdah while reading. In addition, today's reading will include Surah Maryam and Taha.

For those who haven't joined the challenge, it's never too late. Even if you can only read a page per day, we encourage you to join. The reward for this effort is truly "Ogbonge."

May Allah bless you all.

BaarakaLlohu feekum!
Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 8:27am On Feb 09, 2023
*💥QURAN CHALLENGE UPDATE*

If you have joined the daily Qur'an challenge and are reading a Juuz/day, you are like to read *two verses* of prostration today. Remember to recite your adhkar sajdah when you reach there.

In addition, today's reading will include a verse with "Bismillah Ar-rahman Ar-raheem"

For those who haven't joined the challenge, it's never too late. Even if you can only read a page per day, we encourage you to join. The reward for this effort is truly "Ogbonge."

May Allah bless you all.

BaarakaLlohu feekum!
Re: Daily Qur'an Challenge: Would You Join This Challenge? by Lukgaf(m): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2023
💥 UPDATE ON DAILY QURAN CHALLENGE

Mashallah! We have reached the halfway point of the challenge!

If you chose to read one Juz per day, you should at the end of today complete half of the Holy Qur'an with the start of Suratul Kahf. Am I correct?

As you begin Suratul Isra', I encourage you to reflect on verses 23-38, which contain many valuable lessons such as the importance of being good to parents and refraining from certain prohibited actions. If you don't understand Arabic, you can read the translation of the meaning (you can download a Quran with English translation on play store).

If you are not yet reading a Juuz per day, I encourage you to consider switching to this pace so you can follow along with the challenge updates. It only takes an average of 20-30 minutes per day to read, and imagine the great reward you will receive for reading the Quran daily in this way.

May Allah bless you all. Baarakallah feekum!

PS: If you read these verses, could you share some lessons from them here so that other benefit?

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Views About Ramadan Here / Specific Dikr To Recite After Each Fardh Salah In Ramadan. / Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.