Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? (20580 Views)

Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? / Where Is Your Wife? / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lol...Why would my type come near your offsprings in the first place?
toprealman:

Only if you know the implications of such childish behaviour. May your type never near my offsprings.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
Then give the op your own better advice.
tunapawizzy:

He/she is right , it will affect the kids. On a norm the family is always playing and gisting n talking together, then because u want to give her silent treatment, when she's involved with the kids, u have to withdraw.
The right and best thing is to communicate about it and make up. You will be depriving yourself and exposing yourself with silent treatment.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Lol... grin grin cheesy
justlovesfarmin:

You see why the op asked for married people’s advice only.

You should have left this discussion to the right people.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by President2001(m): 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Take what
Your advice
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by toprealman: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Lol...Why would my type come near your offsprings in the first place?
I just prayed for my generation ma. I love peace and have enjoyed it all my life. My children and grandkids deserve even better.
I grew up in an environment that people communicate regularly, love radiated from all corners. Even in the mist of conflict and disagreement, stuff got trashed almost immediately. Anything short if this is pure evil, I will never wish it on my enemy let alone me and my jewel.
You got this long response because today is Sunday!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by chieme123(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
Send her back to her parents. With all her property. And begin to look for another wife to marry. This one doesn't respect you. So let her be on her own abeg.
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
He is not sterile, Samantha. Just know their those who know how to bid their time and avoid any form of public shaming. Stories abound where ladies takes drugs immediately after copulation with their husbads; most often is because of a deep seated hurt. He did his test and not sterile even active in service.

To me being romantic is relative in my relationship. My wife loves it when I cook meals especially soup. Take This scenario now..the wife walks in excepting the husband to rant hell fire down, she see a dished meal on the table waiting for her. Aswear, thoughts will run through her heads, some frightening o. Imagine dishing the food and telling her to eat up, that you have done yours earlier.
Samantha123:
It's only a sterile man that'll accept the kids as his even after finding out that all four of them are not biologically his to a point that he even begged her not to tell anyone because deep down he knew that the lady covered his shame by having another man do what he can't do.

And I didn't know Nigerian men can be romantic.. grin cheesy grin.. Tell me more about it, how will you be romantic? grin grin grin
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by tsmith(f): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hathor5:

Tell her why you didn't want her to travel to this particular event. Is it that you feel that you need to spend more time together, that you need her support, that you have an appointment yourself or whatever your reason is?

If she is reasonable, and your reason is, I don't see why you should not reach an understanding.

Agree, and an understanding doesn't have to be an apology.

Your wife is an adult, and despite your vocal preference, she also would have her reasons for going for the event.

You can't simply ask an adult not to do something and expect obidence. An adult isn't a child or an animal, and even these don't always obey commands mind.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by ranmoor: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2023
This is "see finish". You shouldn't have allowed her back inside the house. She must return to wherever she is coming from. For her to even have that courage means you have been weighed and found light. You are doing good and reasonable man for woman, I pity you. Growing up, my uncle use to fvck one married woman, she will tell her family she is going for business trip which is partially true but she must spend 2 days in his house. As for me, she must bring her parents before she comes back into that house.
since you have allowed her in, the best thing is to abandon her totally, sometimes sleep out or come home very late and go straight to your room. You can even plan a trip, vacation and go without informing her. it is even easier since the kids are in university

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by tsmith(f): 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2023
frozen70:

If truly you are married to her and you have been a respectful and responsible man
You should be able to take charge of your home and wife

If really she disrespect your order, then she is obeying some one else

Forget about apology, your concern should be how to take charge

You started by giving her freedom
End that nonsense by withdrawing the freedom

Do people truly still think and act these ways ��� it's primitive to have words like disrespect orders, withdrawing freedom etc in a marriage btw 2 consenting adults. It's a marriage not a prison, love not hate.
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by tunapawizzy: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Then give the op your own better advice.
no point stating the obvious, the op is reading all and can see it already
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by irunoko(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Samantha123:
I'm not a man and I'm definitely not married, but as a woman, I think the man should give her silent treatment and pretend that she's not even present in the house.

Eat out and come home only to sleep until she acknowledges her wrongs.

And I think that it'll also depends on the kind of event she went to.
but communication is important.if she wrongs you why don't you open your mouth and explain how you were hurt instead of keeping malice? If you have explained to her and she's not ready to change then you leave the house for her till She comes back to her senses
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by luluman: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
Samantha123:
I'm not a man and I'm definitely not married, but as a woman, I think the man should give her silent treatment and pretend that she's not even present in the house.

You just said you are not married, and you think you know one bit how to live in marriage? ERROR Why not contribute in topics of bachelors

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by colestephan86: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2023
Rechargeam247:
Scenario:

You have a good marriage, you pamper and take care of your wife, family and responsibilities.

On this particular day, your wife wanted to travel for an event, you asked her not to go for this particular event, kindly note, she is very social and travels a lot, you allow her, give her the freedom she needs.

Now, she ignored you and travelled, what can you do to express your displeasure, get her to apologise and avoid a repetition of such?

Creative solutions asides sex or money should be proferred

Married men and women only*

To the women, if you were the woman in this scenario, what can your husband do to get you to apologise and make you not repeat such?
First as a man, you don't play anyhow with women, women are like children, when play is too much, they tend not to know hen to stop and be serious.
There has being no limit and that's why you will tell your wife not to do something and she will go on against your instructions and do those things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nayig: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2023
We've all been there, women are naturally stubborn and disrespectful, if you give them a yard, they'll take a kilometre. Stamp your authority on your household, tell her straight that you told her not to go, if she tries that again, there will be severe repercussions, say it and mean it.
It's easier said than done being the man in a relationship, but that's the natural order of things, she should and must be submissive to you for peace to reign, else you'll just keeping living an unhappy life. It's better she respects you with just a little fear than love you, for me respect is better than love.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Tozocalamity: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
When she comes back give her a stern verbal warning. make it clear that she must never make such a "mistake." under ur house. u allow wont insurbordination from her. if she dare you by raising her voice, give her a couple of slaps (two prferably) . also be the 1st to call whoever she holds in high esteen to report her . ask them to caution her. woman always do these things to see how u react and ur reaction wil determine weather there wil be a future re occurance or nt.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by EagleSquare1(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2023
Pondering deeply over this.

Samantha123:

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by EagleSquare1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2023
Absolutely, Respect in a marriage most likely guarantees peace. But without Respect then there's clear and present danger.
To me, for the women, when you give your spouse the respect he deserves, I'm almost certain he will show you love and respect. You will always be at the back of his mind

Nayig:
We've all been there, women are naturally stubborn and disrespectful, if you give them a yard, they'll take a kilometre. Stamp your authority on your household, tell her straight that you told her not to go, if she tries that again, there will be severe repercussions, say it and mean it.
It's easier said than done being the man in a relationship, but that's the natural order of things, she should and must be submissive to you for peace to reign, else you'll just keeping living an unhappy life. It's better she respects you with just a little fear than love you, for me respect is better than love.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by InfinityFabric: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

You are so OLD FASHIONED and NARROW MINDED,Bro.
Same old fashioned that granted your grand(fathers and mothers) 50, 60, 70, 80 years+ of married life.
Not it's less than 40 months.

Its ur Type that Locks their Wives inside House and Bans them from Using Android Phones. embarassed undecided
The difference is I marry intelligent virgins. You guys went for community and university hoes.
I'll conclude you've never met a girl who doesn't have social media and also want to get rid of her "Android" phone ?
Yea, widen your horizon! Stop falling for White Man bullshits

A Female Colleague Just Quit in our Company because her Husband did Not like her Mingling with Males..
Man with sense. Inb4 he starts taking care of bastards thinking they're his own.

Now She is Complaining of being Broke all the Time. sad
It's the job of her husband to take care of her. Women should marry men who can take care of them.
50/50 bullshit will lead to tears/

If You as a Man Treat ur Wife Well and you Fcvk her well in Bedroom, She will NEVER cheat.
As a man who understands women can't be trusted, NOT because they're EVIL but because of their EMOTIONS, I can't let her mix amongst men.

Change ur Archaic Mentality, Bro! sad
It's based in: Religious and scientific evidence. Na you suppose learn and stop watching Disney, stop listening to women and start seeing.

Question ? Do u have money, sweet mouth and oozing of confidence ? IF u ever did, you'll know why it's bad to let women go out anyhow.
But since u replied with what u did, it shows you're just a BASIC MAN. No offense, it's the reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by essienisrael5(m): 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2023
Dimples2022:

I’m not married but I’d think withdrawal of the D will help me apologise but my legs won’t let him rest
cheesy

Daughter of Zion, please which is D?
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by DispatcherLagos: 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
Just Waybill her bags to where she travelled to. And if your rent is almost due, you can relocate to a different place very far from where you are staying now.

No Jupiter will make her not to come begging

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by jimmychang: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2023
inspirator1:
Acting cool when the other person annoys you, is good at upsetting their plans. I react only when I want to get more viles revealed through you, if not grin

Presently my Director acted wrongly to me, he expected my other reactions rather I feign like I am not in the known and nothing happened. Every minute the man keeps asking me, "What did I do wrong?". I will reply "Sir please, I do not really understand" , accompanied with a good smile. The man go just weak, walka enter office. I recently japa from duty; out of the blues I asked for unofficial leave even when leave calendar never start grin , he granted it o grin

You see.Everything is not gragra grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Amumaigwe: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2023
Rechargeam247:

She works, she has businesses. The children are in the university.

She isn't cheating, just disrespectful.

Disrespect is the litmus test for cheating. Dig around and you will be shocked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by godofuck231: 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
Its simple:- Action bitters

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by descarado: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2023
Samantha123:
You haven't answered any of my questions.

Where did I say the man must leave the house?

And how does giving his wife silent treatment affects the kids when both parties will be talking to their kids?

And why must you make everything about the kids as if the couple are married to the kids and not each other?

Can you just give a logical reasoning without being emotional, because you're starting to sound annoying.

If she cared about how the kids would feel, she'd have listened to her husband and not attend the event in the first place.
Silent treatment affects kids a lot.
As a matter of fact, any negative vibe in the house affects the kids.
Silent treatment is petty. Not fit for boyfriend/ girlfriend not to talk of married couple.

Very irresponsible and leads to more problems.

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why I commented here... smiley smiley smiley
luluman:
You just said you are not married, and you think you know one bit how to live in marriage? ERROR Why not contribute in topics of bachelors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2023
Why repeat same things over and over again to her when already she knows that you disapproved of her going to the event?

Next thing she'll talk back and you guys will start going back and forth and it'll only make things worse.

But you guys are free to do you... No one is forcing you to take my advice.. smiley smiley smiley
irunoko:
but communication is important.if she wrongs you why don't you open your mouth and explain how you were hurt instead of keeping malice? If you have explained to her and she's not ready to change then you leave the house for her till She comes back to her senses

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Then let me be if you're not ready to advise your fellow brother.
tunapawizzy:

no point stating the obvious, the op is reading all and can see it already

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by descarado: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
There are lots of things wrong with the @op post.

You don't set the rule in a marriage. It's called partnership for a reason. That tradi6ionally man is bestowed the head doesn't mean he dictates what happen in the home.
Secondly, you don't cage an adult. You have no right. She wanna travel, she travels. As long as house is in other, why wont she go and have good time if thats what makes her happy? We cone tk this world once. Men over the years keep on dishing out unwritten rules for women to follow cos they feel its their effing right. She don't stop you from traveling or having boys night out with guys.

Marriage has gone past what happened during our parents time so never use that as yardstick. It's 50/50 union this time around whether she is a housewife or not.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2023
If he's not sterile, then how come he doesn't have a single child with his wife?

If I do something wrong and you cook and buy flowers for me in return, I'll surely repeat that same thing over and over again because for me actions speak louder than words.

If you tell me not to do something, but your actions does otherwise, then I'll see no need to apologise.. grin grin cheesy
inspirator1:
He is not sterile, Samantha. Just know their those who know how to bid their time and avoid any form of public shaming. Stories abound where ladies takes drugs immediately after copulation with their husbads; most often is because of a deep seated hurt. He did his test and not sterile even active in service.

To me being romantic is relative in my relationship. My wife loves it when I cook meals especially soup. Take This scenario now..the wife walks in excepting the husband to rant hell fire down, she see a dished meal on the table waiting for her. Aswear, thoughts will run through her heads, some frightening o. Imagine dishing the food and telling her to eat up, that you have done yours earlier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Kaa4(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
The silent treatment is he best. Just ignore her, but take care of yourself. The children will force her to apologize if you have been responsible at home. It worked for me before
Rechargeam247:

She works, she has businesses. The children are in the university.

She isn't cheating, just disrespectful.
Re: How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? by Sterope(f): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
LMAO

frozen70:

NEXT time you catch her in any stupid act that is near to infidelity, take her home to her parents with your children

Tell them to train her how to be faithful and loyal, if they ask you what happen, tell them to ask her to explain

You will be sending allowance and if possible let the children start schooling there

Try this during holidays so that by the time she spent the holidays with her parents and you did not come for your children, her parents will know that it's no longer a joke

If her parents calls you, pick their call, listen to them ans if they invite you, tell them you will let them know when you are ready, that for now you need peace

By the time she sees that you are not responding her head will reset properly

Then by the time she comes back, let her have something doing
Either teaching or anything that will bring income to her, then let her face one responsibility at home, maybe children provision or whatever

By that time she will be busy with thinking on how to carry out her task

There is no time to tolerate nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement / I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.