Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) (36093 Views)

Marry Someone Who Has Sense - Elsie Okpocha (Basketmouth's Estranged Wife) / Basketmouth 41st Birthday Surprise From Wife, Elsie Okpocha / Elsie Okpocha Asks Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Questions Over Busola Rape Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by TMSMedia: 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRMPcJP-bk

Elsie Okpocha, the estranged wife of comedian, Basketmouth, has asked Nigerians to desist from marriage-shaming women, IGBERETV reports.

In December 2022, Basketmouth announced the end of his 12 year old marriage with Elsie.

In a video she shared on her Instagram page today 6th January, captioned "Stop marriage-shaming women!!!!", the mum of three said;

''You need to understand that if a woman is not married, it's because she is probably taking her time or she hasn't met the right person because you do not want to rush into this institution called marriage in the name of wanting to get married on time and end up rushing out because marriage can be touch. As beautiful as it is, it is hardwork. If a woman decides that she is not ready yet, you need to let her be. Stop with the derogatory remarks"

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnEkVZ8BUv2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by JasonScoolari: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Once dem don divorce, they start preaching and turning into relationship experts.

Bitter Old Layers. grin

684 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ogaa oh!!! So she don become adviser for spinsters association abi na divorced women association

296 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Abfinest007(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
Good advisers but they couldn't advise themselves when they were married

304 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Beebah321(f): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Let her be abi? When she don chop life finish, na she go go church dey sing 'Jesus, carry me dey go my husband house'.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by michlins(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
The people who give best relationship adviced are the single and divorced.

Once you're married, you loose it all because unlike before, you start making sacrifices and compromises

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by thesicilian: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Once dem don divorce, they start preaching and turning into relationship experts.

Bitter Old Layers. grin
Lol. Do as I say, not as I do generation. They know all the theory but still fail the practicals

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by JasonScoolari: 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
thesicilian:

Lol. Do as I say, not as I do generation. They know all the theory but still fail the practicals
Dem full here bro.... Those Old Layers can advise ehn, you'd think their life is as perfect as their advice, but they're either celebrating their 38th birthday in their father's house or receiving blows from one yahoo boy.

Odoyewu style. grin

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2023
What's the thing with Nigerian celebrities forming special advisers.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by We4all: 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Dem full here bro.... Those Old Layers can advise ehn, you'd think their life is as perfect as their advice, but they're either celebrating their 38th birthday in their father's house or receiving blows from one yahoo boy.

Odoyewu style. grin

At the bolded. Better in their father's house than in a graveyard where people like you have sent many women to.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Les: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
But women can broke shame men?

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
michlins:

Once you're married, you loose it all because unlike before, you start making sacrifices and compromises

I was surprised the day my girlfriend told me that she was once a marriage counselor for 4 years and I opened my mouth waaaaaaaa!

This na a single woman o!, Advicing couples and be telling me it's a gift from nature grin

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by dapsoneh: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2023
This one don become an overnight marriage councilor

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Ballzproblem2: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
I no go mind date this MILF

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by ibrocool(m): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
She should just hide her face and stop talking about marriage. After spending 12 years in marriage, she ought to do the necessary things to keep her man. Only God knows what Basket mouth was facing before calling it over.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
Leave women that are yet to marry alone. It's not by force to rush into a toxic relationship.
JasonScoolari:

Bitter Old Layers. grin
She has points. Though, I don't like divorce and am not here to side her.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Sixima: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
JasonScoolari:

Odoyewu style. grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
You might not be able to stop people from acting the way they want to but you can choose not to respond/react the way they would expect.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Fedrick100: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Make una keep dropping Quotes and the wailing for us
Dem don serve this one breakfast

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Brendaniel: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Na wa....
Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Abfinest007:
Good advisers but they couldn't advise themselves when they were married
Advice themselves on what? No be your ancestors talk say experience is the best teacher. Not that it is entirely true but you know what I mean. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by seanwilliam(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2023
Ok. Dem sha don pursue you too.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by visaclick: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
As money no too dey again madam has Japa grin even basket has lost too much weight and looking malnourished. This institution called "marriage" is just like a man becoming Jesus Christ for some woman with kids that may turn again you tomorrow. She can easily poison the kids against their father.

Notice people who attribute their success to on of their parents, how many has posted their father as the motivation behind their success, it is always the women being appreciated.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
michlins:
Single folks don't make sacrifices and compromises in life? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by kingthreat(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Abeg shattap.
I blame Basketmouth. He gave you the fame you are presently using to turn motivational speaker.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2023
Is she a nagging wife?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
angry
Re: Stop Marriage-Shaming Women - Elsie Okpocha (Video) by Adedotguy: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2023
angry grin
This really nice coming from you. You are surely a good example.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chidinma Celebrates Her 24th Birthday Today / Alex Unusual And Yvonne Nelson Pictured Together In Ghana / Uche Ebere Agu's 1992 Throwback Photo When She Newly Got Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.