Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? (3799 Views)

FASHOLA Tells GEJ: Stop Losing 400,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Daily / GEJ: Stop Making Policies in churches - / Ringim Deadline Expires. Will Gej Afford To Sack Igp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by denitro(m): 8:14am On Sep 05, 2011
honeric01:

When you went to school if you ever did, did you in any way learn how to respect other people's decision? how does my decision to support whoever remove a single hair from your head?

Now tell me, what's the difference between the criminal rebels killing blacks indiscriminately and OPC, MEND, BOKO HARAM and MASSOB?

Infact the latter are even better than the former because they do theirs not with the support of world powers, thereby having limit to what they can do.

Look man, i am not some brainwashed airhead you can throw words at, SHOW me where Gaddaffi killed INNOCENT Nigerians and Africans, links and videos, then i'd begin to take you serious.

But for now, you're nothing but another brainwashed kid with access to the PC.
My cent.

PAST NEWS:
Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation of Nigerians
26 Feb 2011
Nigerians stranded in crisis-ridden Libya may have to wait a little longer before being evacuated as Libyan authorities have refused to grant landing permit to the aircraft and personnel designated to bring them home.

President Goodluck Jonathan had on Wednesday ordered the immediate evacuation of Nigerians stranded in the troubled country.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/libya-gaddafi-stalls-evacuation-of-nigerians/86856/

African Commission urges Gaddafi not to kill Nigerian convicts
September 20th, 2009
The African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights has called on Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi  (photo) to “suspend the carrying out of the death penalty” in the cases of around 20 Nigerian nationals sentenced to death in Libya.
a total of 200 Nigerians have been sentenced to death in Libya and 40 of them have been executed. Dabiri-Erewa complained that the Nigerian government did not do enough to help them.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by honeric01(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2011
denitro:

PAST NEWS:
Libya: Gaddafi Stalls Evacuation of Nigerians
26 Feb 2011
Nigerians stranded in crisis-ridden Libya may have to wait a little longer before being evacuated as Libyan authorities have refused to grant landing permit to the aircraft and personnel designated to bring them home.

President Goodluck Jonathan had on Wednesday ordered the immediate evacuation of Nigerians stranded in the troubled country.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/libya-gaddafi-stalls-evacuation-of-nigerians/86856/

African Commission urges Gaddafi not to kill Nigerian convicts
September 20th, 2009
The African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights has called on Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi  (photo) to “suspend the carrying out of the death penalty” in the cases of around 20 Nigerian nationals sentenced to death in Libya.
a total of 200 Nigerians have been sentenced to death in Libya and 40 of them have been executed. Dabiri-Erewa complained that the Nigerian government did not do enough to help them.

OMG!!! is this the best you can do? i ask AGAIN, where did Gaddafi kill Nigerians or Africans?

SHOW ME VIDEOS AND FACT, not some useless Nigerian papers who copy and paste news from other western media houses.

Infact, i have other things to do than sit on the PC replying you hehehehehehe
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by honeric01(m): 8:22am On Sep 05, 2011
honeric01:

Look man, i am not some brainwashed airhead you can throw words at, [size=18pt]SHOW me where Gaddaffi killed INNOCENT Nigerians and Africans, links and videos, then i'd begin to take you serious.[/size]

But for now, you're nothing but another brainwashed kid with access to the PC.

My cent.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by denitro(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2011
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Onyocha: 8:44am On Sep 05, 2011
does anyone exect Jonathan to oppose the rebels,when the west supports them?

Jonathan is scared of boko haram and is getting israelis to guard him.how then can he oppose the rebels who the west also support?
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by yd849ja: 9:04am On Sep 05, 2011
I am sick and tired of people always thinking there is always hidden agenda of some sort whenever the western world is in support of particular section or group in any country. I just don't get it, these to me seem more like the ones who are even more brainwashed by some stereotype theories and agenda of some anti-western theorists. When the bloodless coup was happening in Tunisia and Egypt no one think it was a hidden agenda of the west, why now that its Libya's turn that it is all of a sudden. If Gaddaffi has surrender to the will of the people after 42years of dictatorship, self imposition, this would not even be happening.

And Why shouldn't Johnathan support freewill, freedom of people to gather themselves and self rule their country as a against a tyrant. At times I wonder what Nigerians really want? Democracy or Autocracy (Dictatorship) because at this point I think we have a lot of ignorant and confused ones in midst saying Gaddaffi is the best African ruler. Can we even ask ourselves this question, at what cost to his own people? South Africa and their likes that are in the support of Gaddaffi need to come out more with the facts of how much Gaddaffi, as an individual and not Libya has invested in SA's tourism, mines properties etc and all the largess they collect from him. They are benefiting from Libya's wealth at the detriment of Libyans.

And for those Nigerians who are still in Libya I wonder what they are still doing there after 6months of war?
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2011
All of you blaming those Nigerians for not leaving Libya, Tell me how easy it is to escape from a war zone and how easy it is to move from eastern Libya to Tripoli where a few were evacuated from. Who no go, no know.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by maclatunji: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2011
I have said it here before. Recognizing the NTC as Libya's sole authority is not the problem here. The problem is not extracting guarantees and concessions for Nigeria and Nigerians before doing so. The British, French and Americans are about to reap bountifully from Libya through oil and construction contracts. What does Nigeria get? The rape, abuse and killing of its citizens!

Now, is something wrong with this picture Mr. President?
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by dejgan: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2011
every people deserves the kind of leaders they get. saw Gadaffi's nanny on TV, burnt beyond recognition by her ex-boss' family. is that the type of leadership libyans deserve? The guy behind the lockerbie bombing was leaving comfortably in a villa while the families of those killed are still mourning their dead and beloved ones. 42 years in power is enough to make you a god that cant be questioned. African leaders should think of better ways to remain in power by being relevant in successive goverments rather than trying to rule for life. even the throne of england fashioned something that will ensure people contribute to the gorverning process of the country. they have maintained a balance by doing so.

the west continues their propaganda doing a lot through thei media. what is african media doing? reportage always poor and shalow investigations are made before going to press. they specialize in rumors and rely on left-over info from foreign media.

another thought on mind is the purpoted illuminati world order story.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by JoeGaruba: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2011
http://news.yahoo.com/gadhafi-leaned-arab-allies-stay-power-054547467.html

Gadhafi leaned on Arab allies to stay in power

CAIRO (AP) — Moammar Gadhafi's dictatorship likely wouldn't have survived for more than four decades without the sea of dictators all around, protecting one another and working together to silence dissident voices.
Gadhafi himself saw collapse was inevitable as Arab unity frayed, and he pointed to the fall of Iraq's Saddam Hussein as a sign of things to come. "Your turn is next," he warned fellow leaders in a scathing speech at the 2008 Arab League summit in Damascus.
Back in 2008, Gadhafi's listeners laughed. Now, besides Gadhafi, longtime autocrats have been swept from power by popular uprisings in Tunisia, where the Arab Spring began, and Egypt. Syria's Bashar Assad and Yemen's Ali Abdullah Saleh are also under fierce pressure.

Read the full post on the link,

Most of the anti-west sentiment is misguided. The Arab league called this guy out. What meaningful thing has the AU done? Zuma a rapist turned president is the person you expect to lead a cause? Gadaffi funds AU, they know with him out there will be no more freebies,

Wake up. Tides have changed. Only a fool will seek to defy the tide of inevitable change,
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by ENZOSCIFO1: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
To all those out there who think against the Libyan rebels I will just implore you to go back and investigate the cause of this arm struggle and if after your investigation you still think its wrong for any country to support them , then am sorry you are too far gone I can't help  your case.However, if you think otherwise then I would say you have just been cured of your ignorance!
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Builder: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
It sortta sounds senseless and idiotic  justifying the removal of Gadaffi, if u guys think Gadaffi is removed because of his 42 years as the leader of

Libya, so freaking what? what he did to that country is obvious and what he proposed for the whole of africa is a very sensible and clever proposal. Someone

said earlier that he killed some folks in lockiebie, for your information, the folks that testify against libya and Gadaffi have recanted their statement cos the

USA paid them 4million dollars to testify against him, but u never see that in the news, for example does any of u justifying the removal of Gadaffi know that,

the USA bombed Iranian civilian jet airliner  Air Flight 655 (IR655)  on 3 July 1988 and how much of that was shown on ur TV, im sure this nigerians still think

america is God's own country and will never do no wrong, and if u guys think NATO forces were in libya due to humanitarian mission, why are the folks in

somalia still suffering of hunger due to the famine,  im sure Gadaffi will be vexed with the African Union for standing up for him and the Arab League for been

cowards and rightly so, he stood up to the imperialist west and the preachers of evil democrazy, now that libya have been disected, oil dealing and contacts have been made where is the next country they gonna invade

In todays world we need the likes of hugo chavez, mumpur Gadaffi and Akmadinaldjad to fight the cancer of todays world, cancers like NATO, ISREAL and the western influence in general

Long Live Gadaffi !!!!!

PS   Negroids, its amazing how much details and information u can find out if u can just a book
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by knightride: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2011
Well Done Builder and the rest. I love your research. cool

I still wonder how some Nigerians think.

Where did some people get the information that Libyans started any peaceful demonstration and Ghadaffi started killing them? Was it not the rebels that came in with arms and ammunition, calling for the removal of Ghaddafi?

Our president was just too quick to act. I still wonder what gave him the courage.

Was it because Ban Ki Moon or Sarkozy paid him a courtesy call on their way from the swearing in ceremony of their anointed Alhasan Ouatarra  in Cote d'ivoire?

Many Nigerians are yet to wake up. I pray they do before it is too late.
I also pray that that stupid decision would not have a side effect on Nigeria.

To be frank, Ghadaffi's removal and the rise of rebels are uncalled for.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by queensmith: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
Is GEJ supporting the rebels? He's probably as mad as gaddafi, is he aware these rebels are simply slaughtering all the blacks they see?

hehehehe this is a joke! the man better arrange a convoy to rescue the black families in danger
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by amiskurie(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
Imagine,a bunch of imaginary bad asses african leaders are in support of rebels(terrorist) taking up arms against a generally accepted african leader.belhaj is a renowned alqaeeda terrorist yet one of the Libyan rebel leader, western world in one-way supports terror and funds their activities.I guess I wldn't be seeing ICC or other courts convicting LRA,hezbollah,MEND,british rioters and many more in courts.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by sweet9ja: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
Maummar Qaddafi has gone, thesame way he came to power.
He came to power voilently, governed his people voilently and has also been kick out of power voilently.
GEJ recognising the NTC is a very noble and nationalistic thing to do. [/i]thumb up.[i] smiley
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by norrisman: 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2011
This isnt about Gadaffi. I cant rememever seeing any threads on here mourning Mubarak or Ben Ali when the Egyptians and Tunisians had their revolutions and kicked them out. Those where proper revolutions started in the capital cities of the respective countries and without outside intereference majority spoke with one voice, didnt take up arms and they kicked out dictators.

In Yemen, unarmed civilians have been protesting since January 2011 when a group of students started a protest in the capital Sana'a and  thousands of civillians have been killed. In Bahrain, unarmed protesters have been protesting since February 2011 and again in this case the protests started in the capital Manama and about 50 people have been killed.

In Yemen, the government used and is continuing to use the military against the protesters and In Bahrain, the government with the help of the Saudi Arabian military crushed the protests. Now compare this to Libya where the protests started in the eastern city of Bengazhi and in less than a week, the so called peaceful protests had turned into a full scale armed insurrection. Now regardless of who is in power, dictator or not, the government has a right to put an end to an armed insurrection just like Nigeria did against Biafra.

Based on what I have explained, which people should the UN and NATO be more concerned about? The unarmed protesters in Yemen or Bahrain or armed groups waging a war in Libya? Why is NATO still bombing the city of Sirte if its mandate is to protect civillians? Gadaffi is no longer in power but yet NATO continues to bomb certain cities with civilian population in what is a clear case of completing regime change which was their agenda from day one otherwise they would be protecting the residents of Bani Waldi and Sirte from the rebels.

The truth is that although powerless, many have wisened up to the antics of the imperialists and neo colonialists and can  now see them for what they are. The imperialists will continue to support dictators who do their bidding (Museveni, Biya, Campaore, House of Fahd, Gulf state dictators e.t.c) and continue to haunt those who are not powerful enough like China but are brave enough to tell it as it is (Ahmedinajad, Chavez, Mugabe)
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by infofta(m): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2011
Don't blame GEJ. He is fighting for a permanent seat for Nigeria in the United Nations ahead of South Africa. Some Nigerians so despirate, many still travelled to Libya during the war. Thay use the war as avenue to migrate to Italy.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by coolbright: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
@ OP
I can see that you aren't intellectually inclined for you to have kick-off a meaningless thread.
Stop being bias try to be more constructive and learn to research more, also goes to the other meaningless comments.
amiskurie:

Imagine,a bunch of imaginary bad asses african leaders are in support of rebels(terrorist) taking up arms against a generally accepted african leader.belhaj is a renowned alqaeeda terrorist yet one of the Libyan rebel leader, western world in one-way supports terror and funds their activities.I guess I wldn't be seeing ICC or other courts convicting LRA,hezbollah,MEND,british rioters and many more in courts.
who told you he's a generally accepted president? Please learn how to surf the net, he's generally accepted by crazy and lunatic leaders like Hugo chavez of Venezuela, Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Zuma the corruption SA president, P'young o North Korea, china and host of other Arabian autocratic leaders. He's friends with these people because they share the same crazy ideologies. Try to be objective in your evaluation.
Re: When Will Gej Stop Supporting Libya Rebels? by Abagworo(m): 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
amiskurie: Imagine,a bunch of imaginary bad asses african leaders are in support of rebels(terrorist) taking up arms against a generally accepted african leader.belhaj is a renowned alqaeeda terrorist yet one of the Libyan rebel leader, western world in one-way supports terror and funds their activities.I guess I wldn't be seeing ICC or other courts convicting LRA,hezbollah,MEND,british rioters and many more in courts.

And today we are paying for what we could have avoided.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Aircraft Is Currently Flying Over Synagogue Church / This Must Be The Lagoon Oba Of Lagos Once Talked Abt Lolz / SIWN may arrest tinubu over fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.