Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (611 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by lajid: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Hello everyone, so apparently I have a lil issue. Recently finished service and relocated to a another state for a job, my parents weren’t so cool I could tell from their demeanor but they know it’s for the best so they endorsed it.

Issue is I feel my dad is kinda clingy, he complains I don’t call him often ( don’t get it twisted, I love him). Naturally I’m not a call person but I do call like once a week but chat with my lil sis frequently (kinda prefer chat to calls but parents like call more as they don’t chat often)

Please how frequent do you think one should call his parent. Dunno if it’s cause I’m the first child and only boy

Is calling once a week bad? No insults pls, everyone is learning
Re: Advice Needed by rickpat(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
make it three times a week... sincerely,it's not easy for parents to have their child leave in such of his or her own life especially when the child is a good child to them...just try and make it three times..if you can afford it though...

may God bless your hustle in your new city..and give you more than enough to support your parents and lil sis..

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
Depends

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Zonefree(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
You're a man already, there's no stipulated time to check on your family...and why's your dad acting like the baby of the house?

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Nemesis0147(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2023
grin grin grin
Zonefree:
You're a man already, there's no stipulated time to check on your family...and why's your dad acting like the baby of the house?
Re: Advice Needed by lajid: 11:27pm On Jan 08, 2023
Zonefree:

Guyyyyyyy, Wetin be this. No bring your shenanigans here abeg

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by JeffreyJunior: 6:01am On Jan 09, 2023
It's not about calling or not calling but about them being assured of your love and loyalty even when you don't have time to talk on phone.

There are times I don't talk with my mum and sister for a month but they know I can't trade them for anything in this world even when I'm invisible.

Teach your parents to also pick up his phone and call you sometimes. It should be a two way thing, not only one party making all the calls.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by yrhuhfy113: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
lajid:
Hello everyone, so apparently I have a lil issue. Recently finished service and relocated to a another state for a job, my parents weren’t so cool I could tell from their demeanor but they know it’s for the best so they endorsed it.

Issue is I feel my dad is kinda clingy, he complains I don’t call him often ( don’t get it twisted, I love him). Naturally I’m not a call person but I do call like once a week but chat with my lil sis frequently (kinda prefer chat to calls but parents like call more as they don’t chat often)

Please how frequent do you think one should call his parent. Dunno if it’s cause I’m the first child and only boy

YOUR DAD LOVES YOU...
but your story is full of so many holes

NEXT TIME tell us how many children your parents have.... we may discover the MALE children may be few or only you.... so don't come and give us a partial story for it

Just know that ONE DAY you too will be clingy when you have a good son like yourself.

Hold God tight, get a spiritual mentor or father....

Be very good in tech skills and

in less than 9 months, you would be making so much money and calling frequently won't be an issue anymore

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by Nazgul: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2023
lajid:

It's like that...he's just missing you, that's all. I've experienced such before.

You can call him on weekends (Sundays preferably) and talk at length, talk about anything talkable. Then once in a while, you can send him cash, buy him shoes, clothes..etc.

I'm sure that with time, he'll adjust to your new method and stop complaining.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Ishilove: 7:31am On Mar 04, 2023
My own mum calls me every single day, and woe betide you if you don't pick. When you finally pick, you will receive a verbal lashing for 'ignoring' her, as well as a reminder that if you misbehave, she will 'abandon' you. grin

My Popsie on the other hand can go a week without calling, but that doesn't mean he isn't thinking of you. Sometimes he will call to find about your well-being, and that's that.

See, in the eyes of your parents, you really never grow up. You will always be their baby and that attachment will remain strong as long as they live. Your dad is just missing you. Three times a week is not bad, especially as their generation is not a chat generation. You can't expect your parents to carry phone and be typing like court stenographers, do you?

See, as they get older, I am becoming more attached to them because the gray strands in their hair is a very palpable reminder that they will not be with me forever. One day I will pick up my phone to call and they won't be there to answer, so I will cherish my time with them.

You should too.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

“my Flesh And Blood, I Miss You Greatly” – Olakunle Churchill Pens Emotional No / Help Needed!!! / Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.