Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari (9362 Views)

‘I Look Forward To Working With You ' - UK PM Writes Tinubu / I Look Forward To Effective Relationship With 9th NASS, Says Buhari / PDP To Buhari: For Peaceful Polls, Let IG Retire Jan 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by myoddsng: 2:49am On Jan 09, 2023
President Muhammadu Buhari says he looks forward to the peaceful conduct of this year’s general elections, and retirement since he has satisfied the constitutionally required two terms in office.

The president said this at the State House, Abuja when he hosted the Special Envoy of President Evariste Ndayishimiye of the Republic of Burundi, who came with a message, in the course of the week.

Buhari said Nigeria would support Burundi in diverse ways as necessary, saying this would be in the spirit of African solidarity and brotherliness.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and Economic Planning of Burundi, Mr Audace Niyonzima, said his president sent goodwill for the New Year to Nigerians and President Buhari.

He also wished the country well in the general elections scheduled for February and March this year.

“We pray that the polls would be peaceful and successful so that Nigeria would maintain her reputation as a bastion of peace and stability,” the Special Envoy said.

On the request for assistance in the area of energy provision, particularly fuel, by the Burundi leader, President Buhari said he knew what it felt like for a country to suffer from an energy shortage.

He, therefore, promised that he would get the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Ltd. to look into the request.

President Buhari had earlier on Tuesday in Abuja signed the 2023 Budget of N21.83 trillion and the 2022 Supplementary Appropriation Bill into law.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 2023 budget is the last to be prepared by the present administration as it winds up.

While signing the budget, the president said the aggregate expenditures of N21.83 trillion were increased by N1.32 trillion over the initial proposal of N20.51 trillion expenditures by the executive.

On the supplementary appropriation bill, the president said the 2022 Supplementary Appropriation Act would enable the administration to respond to the havoc caused by the recent nationwide floods in the infrastructure and agriculture sectors.

Buhari said his decision to sign the 2023 Appropriation Bill into law as passed by the National Assembly was to enable its implementation to commence without delay, considering the imminent transition process to another democratically elected government.

He, however, directed the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning to engage with the legislature to revisit some of the changes made to the budget proposal.

The president directed the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning to work toward the early release of the 2023 capital votes to enable MDAs to commence the implementation of their capital projects in good time.

According to him, this is to support efforts to deliver key projects and public services as well as improve the living conditions of Nigerians.

On the Finance Bill 2022, the president expressed regret that its review as passed by the National Assembly was yet to be finalised.

The president expressed the belief that the next administration would sustain the early presentation of the annual appropriation bill to the National Assembly to ensure its passage before the beginning of the fiscal year.

Buhari expressed deep appreciation to the almighty God for His grace, while commending the continuing resilience, understanding and sacrifice of Nigerians in the face of current economic challenges.

President Buhari also hosted Gov. Hope Uzodinma of Imo at the Presidential Villa Abuja, where the president approved the deployment of advanced technology to tackle insecurity in the South East.

Uzodinma, who spoke to State House correspondents after the meeting with President Buhari, said he was at the villa to thank the president for the various supports and assistance given to the state.

According to him, with the president’s approval, advanced surveillance equipment will soon be delivered to the region that will enhance the fight against insecurity without collateral damage.

On Jan. 5, the president also met with the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta, Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege.

Omo-Agege, who spoke to journalists after the closed-door meeting, dismissed the notion of a firm grip on Delta by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He said: “Delta is very ripe for the taking,” adding that it was a misconception to tag Delta as a PDP state.

“That is a very serious misconception to tag Delta State, as a PDP state. Delta is very ripe for the taking. We’re determined to achieve this.”

The Chief Executive Officer of Pinnacle Oil and Gas Ltd., Peter Mbah, who paid a thank-you visit to President Buhari on Friday, identified the lack of adequate investment in the downstream sector as the cause of the perennial fuel scarcity and its attendant long queues in filling stations across the country.

Mbah, who is the PDP governorship candidate in Enugu State in the forthcoming election, said in order to bridge the gap, Pinnacle Oil and Gas had invested about a billion dollars to address the stagnation of investment in the downstream sector.

The president concluded the week with a closed-door meeting with Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno.

Zulum, speaking with State House correspondents after the meeting, boasted that his state had been secured for the conduct of the February and March general elections.

He assured the voting public of their safety before, during and after the elections.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/i-look-forward-to-peaceful-polls-retirement-says-buhari/amp/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Creamypie(m): 3:20am On Jan 09, 2023
After dragging us back to Life and sufferings of military era at a graph curve lines of 1:50, millitary:civilian, and stealing for your 20th unborn generation. Who knows, if his successor will be worse? Buhari and APC hate to see Nigerians enjoy life. To them, suffering is a sign of being a good citizen. Those born b4 abacha death in 1998 fully understand this message

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Africum: 5:14am On Jan 09, 2023
Baba we can't wait to see you off to Daura also......

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Trapnews: 5:16am On Jan 09, 2023
grin
Please ensure you do proper handover to Jagaban. Those that called Nigeria a zoo few months ago can not be trusted tongue

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 5:17am On Jan 09, 2023
Baba you've done your best even though it may not be good enough.

The legacy of credible election you've ensure in your time and afterwards will go down in history.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Dynamicbliss: 5:18am On Jan 09, 2023
Farewell

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by caprini1: 5:18am On Jan 09, 2023
Yes ,job done......70 % of Nigerians are now Almajiris.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Randy111(m): 5:20am On Jan 09, 2023
Foolish president that only came to finish Nigeria patapata

35 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Olowoeko11: 5:20am On Jan 09, 2023
You did your best

4 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by ipobarecriminals: 5:21am On Jan 09, 2023
cool
Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by veekid(m): 5:22am On Jan 09, 2023
Akindindinrin

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Chicastle: 5:22am On Jan 09, 2023
Trapnews:
grin
Please ensure you do proper handover to Jagaban. Those that called Nigeria a zoo few months ago can not be trusted tongue
But this Peter Obi emergence pain una sha .. still he would win this election… he is a moving force that can’t be stopped…. Tell jagabandit to decamp from APC now and contest from another party make we check something

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by kennyz247(m): 5:23am On Jan 09, 2023
we pray so oo
we can't to see your backward government changed..,....

3 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 5:23am On Jan 09, 2023
Buhari is serious about conducting a free and fair election

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Toneypen247(m): 5:23am On Jan 09, 2023
Interesting
Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Kingoslo(m): 5:23am On Jan 09, 2023
sad... Thats d only legacy u can keep... at least we deserve it... bastards no wan hear free n fair... grin #VOTEWISELY vote OBIDATTI...

13 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Ekpeitut: 5:24am On Jan 09, 2023
President Buhari said he knew what it felt like for a country to suffer from an energy shortage.

Isn't it strange Buhari protested fuel pump price of N87 ?

I bought "subsidised" fuel N350 yesterday and everybody is keeping quiet and playing ostrich.

APC even has the effrontery to go about campaigning with all the glaring evidences of their mismanagement of our economy everywhere. Geez!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by etoman1(m): 5:24am On Jan 09, 2023
Fuel 300 naira per liter

I pity those that earn 50k monthly and lives in Lagos . May God be with you all cos this country is not easy at all

10 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by GCFRin2034: 5:24am On Jan 09, 2023
When you bring in firewood from outside , don’t expect to not have ants in your house. If the society is not peaceful you sir, can’t retire in peace unfortunately.

Until politicians , billionaires, celebrities and other high net-worth individuals are able to walk the street without more than a handful of security/bodyguards or even without any bodyguards at all , that society cannot score itself high on the security index. That’s the ultimate test

If by peaceful retirement , you mean having a battalion of soldiers at your doorstep to protect you, then that’s a delusional interpretation of a peaceful life.

Did you do enough even in your own state of katsina to secure lives and property ?

3 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Wickedfact: 5:26am On Jan 09, 2023
Chicastle:

But this Peter Obi emergence pain una sha .. still he would win this election… he is a moving force that can’t be stopped…. Tell jagabandit to decamp from APC now and contest from another party make we check something

Jagaban should decamp from a party he founded. Why are you gala hawkers so stupid like this?

As at when Tinubu was bringing his bloc to APC, Peter Obi was waiting for Ojukwu to die so he could takeover APGA.
Where is your APGA today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 5:27am On Jan 09, 2023
Trapnews:
grin
Buhari has vowed to conduct free and fair election like he did in Osun, Edo and Oyo so don't expect him to rig for Tinubu because Buhari is man of his word and has promised to use BVAs and electronic transmission of election results.

We know Tinubu cannot win any election without manipulating the process and Buhari has vowed he won't manipulate the process for anyone including his party member

4 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by FunkeAyorinde: 5:27am On Jan 09, 2023
cool
Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 09, 2023
A free and fair election is one of the dividends of democracy..

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by JoeNL22(m): 5:28am On Jan 09, 2023
myoddsng:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/i-look-forward-to-peaceful-polls-retirement-says-buhari/amp/
Buhari or whatever you call yourself, you have failed Nigerians......the only way you can redeem yourself right now is;
1. Make this elections free, fair and credible.
2. Campaign and promote the man in the 4th picture.
3. Don't forget No.2
4. Always Remember No.3

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Oyira(m): 5:31am On Jan 09, 2023
Ok. Pls Handover to the right person who will make you proud and build only on your giid works.
I recommend Peter Obi for the job.
He looks like a better labourer who will take the Nigerian Job serious.

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by fika0009: 5:34am On Jan 09, 2023
Polical sophistry of terrorism and destruction (part 5)
You can't have peaceful polls without caging Tinubu and his criminal gangs.
Tinubu created the Jibiril el Sudan theory, passed it on to Fani Kayode. Fani Kayode infiltrated ipob and sold the theory to Kanu. These were all meant to demarket igbos should buhari attempt to or consider one of the high ranking apc members for presidency.

That's why he Tinubu rushed to buhari recently when it became clear to him that buhari is not willing to support him, to ask him weather he will allow those that called him Jibiril el Sudan to take over power? Buhari partly felt for the cajole by coming out to declare that it wasn't easy for him at that time when the Jibiril el Sudan theory was reigning.

Meanwhile, although exposed, the machinery he Tinubu put in place to destabilize the East is still at work. He has his men in the military, police, sss, that are aiding him to destabilize the East.

Tinubu sponsored most of the protests against buhari in London. Why? To paint buhari black and continue to hold him hostage and also to use it to intimidate and cajole him into supporting his presidential birthright utopia.

We are investigating nnamdi kanu to known why he allowed a repugnant character like Fani Kayode will infiltrate ipob and use it to destabilize and destroy igbo land. We will also establish soon, if kanu has abused the ssupport/trust he enjoyed freely from our people.

More to come...

Polical sophistry of terrorism and destruction (part 4)
Owing to the abysmal outings of APC in the East so far including the disgrace received by shetima in imo state, they have held meetings and decided to destabilize the East including burning INEC and other government facilities using ipob as a cover. Those responsible are:
1. Bola Tinubu, Kashim Shetima and others (chief sponsors)
2. Fani Kayode (strategist and recruitment)
3. Oluomo, oyigbo update and ijere (recruitment and propaganda)
4. Simon egba (puppet using iPob name to cover the activities of the aforementioned)
5. Dave umahi and others (everybody heard Tinubu teaching them how to grab power by any means possible including using terrorism and destruction)
6. Nation news paper, channel tv and nairaland (propaganda media wings)
These people must be stopped before it is too late

Polical sophistry of terrorism and destruction (part 3)

1) The failed politicians have activated fake Biafra protestors for theirs and their Lagos master's political gain. They are out to cause problems so that the army will be deployed to kill innocent Biafrans and rig elections for them.
2) Those charlatan that gathered in Enugu to distance themselves from ECN are suspects (reverse psychology). Their activities should be keenly watched. They've got nothing to campaign and win elections with, that is why they want to distract the people with fake protests.
3) Real Biafrans don't cover their faces in protest. Those are political mercenaries parading themselves as Biafrans, on a normal ground, those people cannot boldly identify themselves as Biafrans.
4) Kanu's lawyers both local and international are doing a fantastic job. The protests are not needed at this point. The greedy charlatan should not be allowed to succeed.

Polical sophistry of terrorism and destruction (part 2)

Note: Tinubu means Tinubu himself, shetima, terrorists, cultists, militants, Joe igbokwe, mc oluomo, state and federal office holders working for Tinubu, fake agitators, his tv stations, etc.

Tinubu used terrorism and destruction to destabilize and demarket the people of South East because of greed and ethnic agenda. He knew quite well that it is the turn of the South East to produce the president of Nigeria. Anyone that shouts Biafra with fulani this, fulani that, instead of focusing on the Nigeria state, is an agent of Tinubu e.g Simon ekpa, nsima and others. Tinubu sponsored all the protests (including Reno omokiri), in London against buhari or whoever that is representing him.

The worst part of the whole thing is that his agents go to the south east state governors as federal agents coming to fight ipob and esn, whereas they are coming to do Tinubu's dirty and stupid sophistry jobs. The state governors give them full support without knowing their true intentions, making it so difficult to detect their evil until the damages have already been done.

Tinubu demarketed the people of the East to the extent that when it was suggested to Atiku to choose his vice from the East, he said that he doesn't want to do anything with anyone from the East. So Tinubu succeed partially in his politics of terrorism and destruction.

Tinubu men are in control of all the cult groups in the East. These cult groups can be used at any time to cause mayhem and Tinubu media will tag it on Ipob. The cult groups take orders directly from Tinubu men. The East has been eaten deep by Tinubu's cult groups. The east must emulate the Akwa ibom governor by declaring all cult groups persona non grata in the East. Anyone who wants to continue to be a cultist must leave the East or face the consequences.

Wike didn't intend to contest the pdp primary but it was Tinubu that prompted him up, gave him media coverage and instigated him to go about insulting the people of the East. Wike didn't know that he was being and still being used by Tinubu. Wike later joined them in the politics of destruction and demarketing of the people of the East.

Tinubu's plan was to use wike to grab the pdp ticket and then beam his destructive propaganda and indirect demarketing strategy on wike so as to inherit his utopian North votes. Since Atiku grabbed the pdp ticket, Tinubu camp are in panic, they don't know how to attack Atiku directly in order not to look bad to the fulani. They now rely on instigating Obi and Atiku supporters.

It was laughable how umahi was lamenting how igbos didn't work together to vote him during the apc presidential primary election when Tinubu has already caused havoc among the people. The igbo politicians are the most stupid and naive. When it comes to the national politics, they think that the other people are brothers without knowing that they are demons ready to destroy everything to achieve their aim.

Look at soludo making noise that it is igbos that are killing igbos when he has been told the person sponsoring terrorism and destruction for election. Yes, they are using bad boys among igbos to cause havoc but it is Tinubu that is sponsoring them. Even Yoruba bad boys, if you pay them, they will do the same thing the igbo bad boys are doing to their people. Organ harvest and all that are the aftermath of their activities (extra cash) not the main purpose of their activities.

Tinubu is still planning the second phase of his politics of terrorism and destruction for the main election. Close to the election, they will intensify their demarketing strategy. They will put Islamic Vails on women, roll them on ground and pour red paint on them and channels/Tvc will say Obi people have killed hausa- fulani people. They will stage their fake shootouts, pay aboki to kill their cows and turn around to say, it is Obi people that did it. They will stage their fake esn chasing cows scene and turn around to say it is Obi people.

Tinubu has used his federal connections to deploy his police and army loyalists across the East to cause more harvoc and rig elections for him. That is why after Orji Kalu visited him, came the fictitious report below:
https://www.nairaland.com/7320003/separatist-agitations-south-east-may

Tinubu used propaganda, terrorism and destruction against Jonathan, He used it against the East people during the primary elections and succeed. Since you have known now, will you allow him to succeed for the third time? To be honest, if his agboro and juju/charms are caged as they did in oyo, even sanwo olu will find it extremely difficult to win Lagos let alone Tinubu wining the presidency.

See part one if you missed it
Polical sophistry of terrorism and destruction (part 1)
Tinubu is hoping on terrorism and destruction to win the 2023 presidential election. Owing to the events of the past, it is clear that Tinubu and his gang are responsible for the mayhem in some specific parts of Nigeria. I wonder how he thinks that his poor so called sophistry will win him the election. Take note:
1. Tinubu supported Ayiri ( a well known drug dealer, militant and criminal) against the present olu of warri. His greed nearly destroyed the kingdom if not because of the fierce traditional resistance he encountered. He hoped that he will use Ayiri to win delta state by any means possible.
2. Tinubu worked underground to remove ihedioha and ethroned the blood sucking uzodima who has overseen the destruction of imo, a once peaceful state. He hopes that he will use criminal uzodima to win imo state by hook or crook.
3. Tinubu did everything possible to capture Anambra state through uba. He sponsored several killings and destruction. He stage managed a fake shootout between the police and the so called unknown gun men during the heat of the Anambra election to scare people not to come out and vote. His channel tv is evil. The management of that station knows all Tinubu's evil plans and moves.
4. Tinubu and his channel tv are the sponsors of Samuel Ekpa. Ekpa is evil and a blood sucking criminal that has allowed himself to be used as tool to destroy igbo land. Samuel Ekpa will be destroyed. Recall that when Ekpa started his broadcast, he was remote controlled by a channel tv staff. All the content and references he used at beginning of his broadcast in bashing the fulani and buhari were supplied by Tinubu and his channels tv.
5. Tinubu and Joe igbokwe are sponsing asari docubo, ijere and ebube agu to cause mayhem and kill igbo youths for 2023 election. Tinubu hopes that he will use criminal docubo asari to win rivers state by hook or crook in 2023.
6. The reason why Tinubu left every sane persons recommended to him to pick shetima (a well known boko haram sponsor) as his vp is because he believes that shetima has the requisite violence tendencies to win him 2023 presidential election.

In conclusion, Tinubu has been sponsoring violence and destruction across Nigeria in the name of election strategy. His so call sophistry and strategy is built on juju, terrorism and destruction and he is relying heavily these for the 2023 election. Sane minds are wondering how he is going to succeed in this his evil sophistry plan.

2 Likes

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by canalily(m): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2023
This sounds like Love letter to a girl in those days especially when you use symbol of love
for closing.....you mind would be blowing....gbim gbim gbim gbim gbim hoping that the symbol will make the girl to accept your love grin grin grin
Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by ecolime(m): 5:38am On Jan 09, 2023
I'm ready to fight dirty- BAT

Peaceful polls with Tinubu in the race na mirage.

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Reference(m): 5:39am On Jan 09, 2023
Aufbauh:
Baba you've done your best even though it may not be good enough.

The legacy of credible election you've ensure in your time and afterwards will go down in history.

'His best not good enough...'

At least some of you have little integrity left in admitting what we repeatedly said in 2014 here on this forum.

That apart from a few roads, bridges and rail lines nothing tangible will be achieved. But by 2023 everyone will be demystified.

Today all the hailing has died down and nothing but ashes has presented as a legacy of this electoral mistake.

One just wishes to roll back the hand of time if not to correct that error but to see my posts back then on the man, his mission and a mangled country called Nigeria he will be leaving in a few months time. What a loss.

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by nastyesco(m): 5:45am On Jan 09, 2023
He is satisfied that damage is done.

Tell all the yahoo boys that plantain chips $&-83):83&’so bsheiie

Emilokan 2023
Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by Bobbiee: 5:45am On Jan 09, 2023
This election would be anything but peaceful. We have the three major tribes vying for the president's seat. The Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba. I'm telling you now, this election would be anything but peaceful.

1 Like

Re: I Look Forward To Peaceful Polls, Retirement, Says Buhari by seeyounow: 5:47am On Jan 09, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers State Lawmakers Confirm 4 Commissioners In Less Than 24 Hours / Nigeria - Swiss Court Sentences Dictator's Son - Abba Abacha, / Tears! Still Thinking About This Pretty Girl Facing Death Penalty In China. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.