Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today (27566 Views)

Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court / Governors Back CBN’s Cash Withdrawal Limit – Masari / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by demoBaba: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
Risingblue008:
This stupid law is going to affect hundreds of business financially oo
Just like we that owns a bet-shop,.
Then how do we pay customers that won above 1/2 million?
So na story we want to dey tell Dem now abi?

Transfer
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by aktolly54(m): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
Parachoko:
Yes!!
OK sur
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by kissdabride: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ekejoestar:

So following your logic, Jesus Christ who dinned with prostitutes and tax collector is also a sinner cos of the caliber of people that eat from the same table as Him,you are not even telling us how He was fingered as being a part of/involved in the fraud
Sense is indeed far from urchins.

Lol the joke is on you.

Go and lick microphone
It's obvious he has lost his sense to urchins
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by kissdabride: 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Any measures that would discourage vote buying and money hoarding is welcome. Haters can hang undecided
Already the new notes had been printed secretly in large quantity that is y is yet to circulate,this apcshit govt don't do things in favour of d the Nigerians masses,they are only playing to d gallery. Fear politician CBN policy can stop vite buying it will rather bounce back on Innocent poor masses
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by kissdabride: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sammy07:
cheesy

Make them dey deceive each other.

If dangote, OTedola, Uba and wealthy people in Nigeria needs 50m cash, they know how to get it, talk less of politicians
you are very right including the three major contestant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by Sniper101(m): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
Who talk say na today e resume?

About 3weeks ago when I went to make cash withdrawal of 180k over the counter, I was told I can't withdraw that much amount of cash in a day anymore.

had to rewrite my withdrawal slip for a lower amount.
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by kissdabride: 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
Since it's 500k/week for an account, and not per BVN. I own five accounts, that's 2.5m for me. BTW, you think vote buyers won't still access cash?
It will in no any means affect vote buying as far as Nigerians politicians is concern
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by jrobbins: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
adubam:
No big deal 3% of 900k will only make me pay 3% of 400,000 which is 12k to Obidient supporters

While APC supporters will not be charged. cheesy grin

The major issue ain't just the charge on the excess cash. You'd need to state a reason why you need the excess while submitting your TIN (for corporations), Any recognized national means of identity, BVN and the banks GMD/CEO approval is required. Secondly, note that you can only access above the limit (if approval is given) once a month.

It is being linked to BVN so having multiple accounts won't help.

This might greatly reduce kidnapping or ransom money becomes lower as cash won't be readily available and local kidnappers have no know-how to create an untraceable account to receive transfers.

1 Like

Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by greatermeme: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Ekejoestar:

So following your logic, Jesus Christ who dinned with prostitutes and tax collector is also a sinner cos of the caliber of people that eat from the same table as Him,you are not even telling us how He was fingered as being a part of/involved in the fraud
Sense is indeed far from urchins.

Lol the joke is on you.

Go and lick microphone
Tinubu was asked to "TEST" the microphone. He thought they meant "TASTE." English is wicked.
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by iamsolasoul(f): 3:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
No wonder they encourage Atm use lol transfer pos business Gbe Ra
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by MrBroke(m): 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
The limit is not working cause I went to pos to test it and I wasn't restricted or limited. I withdrew 110k and it was approved with my Fidelity card
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by IranianSea: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Risingblue008:
I owns three shops bet9ja. Please which bet you dey do? Who give you this Olodo account? When customer win even let's say 100k do you pay them in cash in your shop? You must be selling 5k daily for your shop grin grin grin from 100k and above, you will collect transfer for my shop.
This policy affects those who wants to withdraw large amount, now tell me why you do have to withdraw all winning into physical cash when you can transfer to customers. Olodo!

1 Like

Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by tinsel: 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sammy07:
cheesy

Make them dey deceive each other.

If dangote, OTedola, Uba and wealthy people in Nigeria needs 50m cash, they know how to get it, talk less of politicians
Don't mind them.
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by clockwisereport: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
MrBroke:
The limit is not working cause I went to pos to test it and I wasn't restricted or limited. I withdrew 110k and it was approved with my Fidelity card
The last time I checked, 110k is still less than 500k, the max withdrawal for individuals per week

1 Like

Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by Okoroawusa: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Risingblue008:
Some of you are misunderstanding this policy. That your customer that won above 1/2 million doesn't need cash. You can easily make a transfer. You can't withdraw it in cash using the bank or pos. I hope I have been able to explain it to you?
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by CartelKenneth: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
Confused country
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by blacksam01: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2023
tiswell:
not effective yet

who told u so..?
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by sircatherine45(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
Since it's 500k/week for an account, and not per BVN. I own five accounts, that's 2.5m for me. BTW, you think vote buyers won't still access cash?

dey deceive yourself. One bvn links all your 5 accounts, so Na 500k per week.for all your five accounts.
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by tiswell(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
blacksam01:

who told u so..?
I know so,as I experienced normal withdrawal today
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by blacksam01: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
tiswell:
I know so,as I experienced normal withdrawal today

how.much did u withdraw...less than 100k..?
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by adubam(m): 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
jrobbins:

The major issue ain't just the charge on the excess cash. You'd need to state a reason why you need the excess while submitting your TIN (for corporations), Any recognized national means of identity, BVN and the banks GMD/CEO approval is required. Secondly, note that you can only access above the limit (if approval is given) once a month.

It is being linked to BVN so having multiple accounts won't help.

This might greatly reduce kidnapping or ransom money becomes lower as cash won't be readily available and local kidnappers have no know-how to create an untraceable account to receive transfers.

With time (most especially after the election); it will be relaxed.
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by tiswell(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
blacksam01:

how.much did u withdraw...less than 100k..?
more than
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by Kabalmark(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
SLAP44:
We dey here grin
aswear
We no dey ooo grin grin grin
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by MrBroke(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2023
clockwisereport:
The last time I checked, 110k is still less than 500k, the max withdrawal for individuals per week

Daily limit is 100k
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by Menclothing: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Cbn8didnt print enough cash reason for new law submit doing anyone good
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by clockwisereport: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
MrBroke:

Daily limit is 100k
said who? Weekly limit is 500k
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by MrBroke(m): 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
clockwisereport:
said who? Weekly limit is 500k

Okay, am going go try it and see
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by millionboi(m): 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Risingblue008:
make transfer

1 Like

Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by millionboi(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
MrBroke:
the limit is #500000
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by blacksam01: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
tiswell:
more than

wbich bank is that..lemr rush therr tomorrow.?
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by olaeffect(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Either you are withdrawing over the counter or through the ATM, the summary of the whole matter is that the banks have not been given enough new notes to service customers.

But most Nigerians will be suspecting, blaming, and fighting innocent bankers instead of calling out CBN/FGN for this greatest heist that Nigerians are yet to realise grin

We have been scammed cool
Re: CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today by philipobiz: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
Upworkwriter007:
Is it really per account?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sowore To Buhari: You Dehumanised Us, The Souls You Crushed Will Haunt You / Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon / 2023: APC Unveils “Bless Mi” Mobile Crowdfunding Channel For Tinubu’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.