Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic (2295 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / How Ladies Loose Great Guys To Their Unrealistic Expectations And Standards / The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Ladyjide(f): 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
The most hated and debated is back, wink
So here is a topic that recently came out in a party i attended, which created a BIG debate, Many people tend to think women these days have long lists that describe what they're looking for in a man…but are their standards simply just too high and unrealistic? What do you think, ?
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
Where's the list?
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Ladyjide(f): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2011
sexkillz:

Where's the list?

Make up one, not with me in mind for this topic!! wink Just a general discussion
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2011
Ok! Not necessarily too high, cos everyone loves the good life, but then it is mostly unrealistic cos no one is perfect, and no one comes as a complete package!
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by pendo89(f): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2011
Top on my list. (physical attributes) grin

1. Tall,dark, smart/intelligent,sexy baritone voice,with a mesormophic kind of body.

Is that too much to ask for? undecided. Men are also very choosy.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by claremont(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo89:

1. Tall,dark, smart/intelligent,sexy baritone voice,with a mesormophic kind of body.

Keep dreaming! tongue tongue
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Mynd44: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^
I give her twenty years and she will be begging for anyone
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Lax75(m): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo89:

Pendo,

Lax is here. Say no more. Look no further and smell no harder. You forgot to add seductive eyes. Like the ones u see on Lax alias wine-n-dine bobo.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Ladyjide(f): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo89:

grin
Maybe so, MOST "men" these days are not even ambitious enough to have careers ,  not to talk of tall/dark, intelligent etc,  It seems we are expected to  start at ground zero with our  standards and expectations, and accept that.   Yet most "men are not even willing to do the same  when It comes to women lipsrsealed ( Yes I said it!!) Other wise we are cursed with being single old ladies forever,  or given "twenty years and begging for anyone" grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by pendo89(f): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
What is wrong with these dudes?

They want a sexy looking lady with hourglass shape,nice bosoms, great legs and all that.
So what is wrong with me asking for man with sexy seductive eyes,and voice  and yes MESOMORPHIC kind of body? Not metamorphosis
Is there any out there? Post your pics here first for verification. grin grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Lax75(m): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo89:

They want a sexy looking lady with hourglass shape,nice bosoms, great legs and all that.
So what is wrong with me asking for man with sexy seductive eyes,and voice and yes MESOMORPHIC kind of body?
do it fast grin

Say no more.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by claremont(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2011
The same way a lady has a "Long list of Standards", is the same way a tall, dark, handsome, "mesomorphic", career-focused man has a long list of standards as well.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Ladyjide(f): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo89:

So what is wrong with me asking for man with sexy seductive eyes,and voice  and yes MESOMORPHIC kind of body?  Not metamorphosis

All will remain  quiet I bet, cool
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Ladyjide(f): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
claremont:

The same way a lady has a "Long list of Standards", is the same way a tall, dark, handsome, "mesomorphic", career-focused man has a long list of standards as well.
So I guess the better question would be why are the ladies "standards considered unrealistic and the mens are not?
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by pendo89(f): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2011
Lax75:

Say no more.
grin grin grin W.A.W

Ladyjide:

All will remain  quiet I bet,  cool
grin  grin.Well its not like am waiting.Am watching weather forecast.

claremont:

Well same standards should apply both sides.You want sexy I want sexy,you want slim.I want metarmophic,you want stable, I want stable and etc etc,Bosom 4 Tat is a fair game.

I stated 'physical attributes'
The list is just started lol its supposed to be long according to op

Next is Physiological attributes,then financial,then social etc grin grin grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by pendo89(f): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
What the heck is bosom for tat?
I said t.i.t for tat
grin grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Russialane(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo i fit into your description kiss
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by pendo89(f): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^ thats only physical!!
The most important is on page 5 of the loooooong list. grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by claremont(m): 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2011
[b]This is what a man wants in a lady, I would marry straight away any lady who meets my very short list of standards below grin grin cheesy; (culled from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_men_look_for_in_a_woman)

>Someone with similar interests so they have something in common.
>A woman who will make an effort to please him.
>A woman who makes an effort to look her best.
>An appreciation of the man's job.
>Passion
>A woman whose ego isn't bigger than her hairstyle.
>A partner for his life.
>A partner for his soul.
>Someone who is caring. All men want to be looked after.
>Someone who has faith in him.
>A woman who is strong yet sometimes submissive.
>A woman who is strong but does not have an attitude.
>Someone who is not too loud.
>Someone who won't nag him beyond reason.
>A woman who challenges him and is full of the unexpected.
>An interesting woman.
>An intelligent woman.
>A woman who is not dumb (mediocre intelligence is fine).
>A woman who is smart enough to grasp new concepts.
>Someone artistic or creative.
>A woman can take care of herself without feeling that she has to compromise herself in a relationship.
>Someone who suits their individual personality.
>Some guys like an aggressive woman.
>Some guys like silent and reserved type.
>Someone in-shape/athletic.
>Interdependence, so that you trust and need each other.
>A sense of humor.
>A woman with a nice laugh.
>A positive personality.
>Men want a woman who is comfortable with her own sexuality.
>Someone up for action, or willing to get a little kinky in the bedroom.
>A positive personality
>A talent and passion in something worthwhile.
>Men respect and want a woman who knows her own mind; women who are true to themselves.
>Someone relaxed and confident.
>A woman with a good soul.
>A woman who has a great smile and loves to laugh and be herself but can also be intelligent and serious.

On the other hand, I don't have a clue what the "Long list of standards" a lady looks out for are; obviously, if that of a man is this long, then that of a lady will be like a mile long then![/b]
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Russialane(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2011
@ pendo got that one in abundance wink
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Ladyjide(f): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2011
[b]This is what a man wants in a lady, I would marry straight away any lady who meets my very short list of standards below grin grin cheesy; (culled from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_do_men_look_for_in_a_woman)

>Passion
>A partner for his life.
>A partner for his soul.
>An interesting woman.
>An intelligent woman.
>A woman can take care of herself without feeling that she has to compromise herself in a relationship.
>A sense of humor.
>A positive personality.
>A positive personality
>Men respect and want a woman who knows her own mind; women who are true to themselves.
>A woman who has a great smile and loves to laugh and be herself but can also be intelligent and serious.

On the other hand, I don't have a clue what the "Long list of standards" a lady looks out for are; obviously, if that of a man is this long, then that of a lady will be like a mile long then![/b]
[/quote]
^^^ I already failed that long list you posted within the first 6 lines, lol[quote author=claremont link=topic=751677.msg9077024#msg9077024 date=1315152880]
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Lax75(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2011
Ladyjide:

>Passion
>A partner for his life.
>A partner for his soul.
>An interesting woman.
>An intelligent woman.
>A sense of humor.
>A positive personality.
>A positive personality

Guy, you know say na planet earth we dey? No such creature exists here!
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Lax75(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo89:

grin grin grin W.A.W

Yeah cupcake, spread my gospel grin

Lax for Life - original wine-n-dine bobo.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
Is this unrealisitic ? A man that:

- is open minded
- good sense of humour
- likes to be active like running,tennis,etc
- honest
- intelligent
- can hang out comfortably in our silence
- is a great lover cool
- can pick me up and carry me
- likes to cook
- is kind
- is reliable
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by claremont(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2011
talina:

- is open minded
- good sense of humour
- honest
- intelligent
- is a great lover cool
- likes to cook
- is kind
- is reliable
What do you weigh? grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by pendo89(f): 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
Russialane:

@ pendo got that one in abundance wink

Lol probably more. grin

Ok I have read through. Those are basic attributes possesed by majority of ladies.

I think nothing beats friendship. Its the first thing I look out for.

A friend then the rest will follow but let not obese feature in our relationship ever. I dislike people who don't take care of their health.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
claremont:

What do you weigh? grin

Im not very heavy grin
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Lax75(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
claremont:

What do you weigh? grin
talina:

- is open minded
- good sense of humour
- honest
- intelligent
- is a great lover cool
- likes to cook
- is kind
- is reliable

All the above and then some equals to Lax.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^^ nice!
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2011
My list is:

-accept me for who I am
-make me happy
-be honest

I hope that isn't long, too high, or unrealistic lol. I don't ask for much in anyone at all.
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by claremont(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
ogugua88:

My list is:

-accept me for who I am
-make me happy
-be honest

I hope that isn't long, too high, or unrealistic lol. I don't ask for much in anyone at all.
Every man in this world should be able to meet this remarkably short list, I wish all ladies had lists this short!

Pendo89 has a list a mile long, I bet it will take her 2 days to type it on here! cool
Re: Long List Of Standards: But Are They Too High And Unrealistic by Russialane(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
pendo kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Swear To God, She Smoke Weed / Romantic Message To All / Seven Traits To Watch Out For In A Potential Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.