Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience (14025 Views)

I Am Looking For Covid19 Containment Volunteer Job / Volunteer Job: Doctors Around The Earth / NGO Volunteer Job In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2023
Exceed15:

.scam I mean is that the selection process is not by merit. An insider told me that they usually consider the internal applicants first
yes it is true dat dey consider insiders first before anyone, if you were in their shoes won't u do same, business wise it doesn't make sense to hire outside wen u have the personnel inside.... But I love the job because working in an NGO gives you room to grow in ur career...
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by dbuktown(m): 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2023
Calm down you will get your money
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Exceed15: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
yes it is true dat dey consider insiders first before anyone, if you were in their shoes won't u do same, business wise it doesn't make sense to hire outside wen u have the personnel inside.... But I love the job because working in an NGO gives you room to grow in ur career...

We are saying same thing.. so why placing the advert in the public when you already know this.. they should kuku do it internally.. nonsense
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
Exceed15:

We are saying same thing.. so why placing the advert in the public when you already know this.. they should kuku do it internally.. nonsense
you know dey have sponsors, so dey would want to act as if dey are transparent..
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Ezemann(m): 1:26am On Jan 11, 2023
adefitim:
I did the program last year, I was paid and issued a certificate of participation.
How many births did you register?

Was it the same amount that was paid across board?
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by adefitim(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ezemann:

How many births did you register?

Was it the same amount that was paid across board?

I registered close to 90 children.

Yes, 11k across board.
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by djcrew: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
They actually scammed we the volunteers imagine me entering Bush and forest just in the name of registration..
Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by Ubty22(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2023
jabberjawz:

Dude.... first of all, UNICEF works with implementing partners, (UNICEF provides the funds & the partner organization implements the project)........ so in your case, which organization was the implementing organization?....were you directly recruited & supervised by UNICEF?

You need to clarify the above before pointing the accusing finger.... UNICEF that I know does not joke with anything cash related cos they are accountable to donors & they can be held liable ....... they would not want any dent of any sort on the reputation of the organization......

NPC is the implementing partner

Re: UNICEF Volunteer Job Please Share Your Experience by jabberjawz: 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
[quote author=Ubty22 post=119958882][/quote]

So it's NPC you should channel your grievances to...not UNICEF......you should be asking the NPC folks what's happening to your funds... after all they were the ones who recruited you on behalf of UNICEF right?..

I have worked for UNICEF outside Nigeria, so I know the in & out of UNICEF modus operandi...... smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nestle's Field Sales Manager Recruitment / Client Advisor Aptitude Test Invite From AB Microfinance Bank / Who Knows Anything About Sydani Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.