Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165378 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
I think dyt is a quasi prankster.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2012
Don't try flirtin wit me young man
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Dyt, an naas ajnaasun, wa aktharuhum anjaas. People differ but majority are scum.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
Na wa 4 dis man oooo
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
Dyt: ^

Deols
I am a changed person now
*wearin my hijab n holdin my tesbiu*

I dont need u 2 hold tesbiu but yh 2 d hijab InshaAllah.
And when is ur nikkah..I hope to get an invite
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 1:11am On Nov 18, 2012
I want 2 c dat hidden post abeg

Nikah?
Hmmmm
Thinkin
E b lyk say I don do am ooooo
Abi?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sirheed89(m): 7:04am On Nov 18, 2012
Dyt: I want 2 c dat hidden post abeg

Nikah?
Hmmmm
Thinkin
Abi?
Gbam!!! make them know...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2012
Dyt: I want 2 c dat hidden post abeg

Nikah?
Hmmmm
Thinkin
Abi?
Congrats anyways.

Sirheed89: Gbam!!! make them know...

Saheed.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sirheed89(m): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2012
deols:
Congrats anyways.

Saheed.
yes aunty deols, Salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
Backbiting by Muslim couples - I have observed that a fair bit of backbiting goes on. We can certainly discuss events without that.

My qualities in a wife: I do not think I have written about this, so here goes:
1. Religiously consciousness and willingness to learn: I am always trying to learn about Islam so I want someone with a. similar drive. My hope is to raise children with the right Islamic values n deep knowledge. The resources to learn will not be a problem in sha Allah.
2. Intelligence : someone I can have deep conversations with about a wide range of issues. Someone I can learn new things from.
3. The wedding: I intend to have a simple proper Islamic wedding and I already know there would be opposition unless opinions change. Instead of spending 5m for a huge haram wedding, I'd rather give it for my wife's Mahr or to poor struggling Muslim families. Any woman, I marry must support my stance on this issue.
There are many others but this is the top 3.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
^Ok dude. May Allah make it easy for you, me and others.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2012
That is the etho we need to embrace and am forever a champion of simplicity in all affairs if it derives from humility to allah and sincere avoidance of sheer ostentation. My nikaah gulped less than a month salary and i thank allah for that. Looking forward to a second wife and sisters who are ideologically convinced can reach me.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: That is the etho we need to embrace and am forever a champion of simplicity in all affairs if it derives from humility to Allah and sincere avoidance of sheer ostentation. My nikaah gulped less than a month salary and i thank Allah for that. Looking forward to a second wife and sisters who are ideologically convinced can reach me.

Ayaayaayay! My brother, don't get me wrong you are allowed provided you can meet the covenants attached to it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2012
Sirheed89: yes aunty deols, Salam
Wa alaykum salam
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
tbaba1234: Backbiting by Muslim couples - I have observed that a fair bit of backbiting goes on. We can certainly discuss events without that.

My qualities in a wife: I do not think I have written about this, so here goes:
1. Religiously consciousness and willingness to learn: I am always trying to learn about Islam so I want someone with a. similar drive. My hope is to raise children with the right Islamic values n deep knowledge. The resources to learn will not be a problem in sha Allah. undecided
2. Intelligence : someone I can have deep conversations with about a wide range of issues. Someone I can learn new things from.
3. The wedding: I intend to have a simple proper Islamic wedding and I already know there would be opposition unless opinions change. Instead of spending 5m for a huge haram wedding, I'd rather give it for my wife's Mahr or to poor struggling Muslim families. Any woman, I marry must support my stance on this issue.
There are many others but this is the top 3.

Interesting. And I thought this was all. Was going to say simples! when I realis3d it is only the top three.

No.3 is very deep I must say.

Still searching or nikkah is on d way? Wishing you the best anyway.

I'm interested in what other things are on the list.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: That is the etho we need to embrace and am forever a champion of simplicity in all affairs if it derives from humility to allah and sincere avoidance of sheer ostentation. My nikaah gulped less than a month salary and i thank allah for that. Looking forward to a second wife and sisters who are ideologically convinced can reach me.

I hope you dont mind my asking personal questions. You may ignore them if you so wish.

For how long have you been married to your wife?
Is there something you are not getting from her that you think another woman might provide you?
If yes,do u mind mentioning it?
Have you always had the thought of marrying more than a wife even before you married the first one?
Were your parents polygamous?
How financially buoyant are you?You can give a range if you dont want to be precise

Dont be offended pls. I just want an understanding.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
@deols, since this is a public form issues raised in your enquiry above are better discussed privately and you will not find me hesitant if the channel for discussion is made available. May Allah guide our thoughts and actions and save us from misguidance.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
Am also conscious of the bias against polygamy even if such is only lampooned verbally but practised unofficially by all and sundry.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
deols:
Interesting. And I thought this was all. Was going to say simples! when I realis3d it is only the top three.

No.3 is very deep I must say.

Still searching or nikkah is on d way? Wishing you the best anyway.

I'm interested in what other things are on the list.

I can do without most of the other traits to be honest, these three are the most important. I would not say, i am searching yet but i am hoping to be married in 2 years insha Allah. Nikkah is not on the way yet.

The other things on the list could include (none are compulsory):

i. She recites the Quran with proper tajweed,that way, my kids will learn as well.

ii. Every man wants a pretty wife

iii. Temperament: Not one too quick to anger.

I realise that, unless Allah wills, I will not have the perfect wife. That is why i have a top 3 requirement. Marriage is about learning to handle the imperfections of each other.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: Am also conscious of the bias against polygamy even if such is only lampooned verbally but practised unofficially by all and sundry.

Now, that is a rather unfair comment- I might not be a champion of polygamy but I do respect men and women who do it properly according to Islamic dictates. I hope you understand the meaning of the word "champion" as used in the last sentence.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: @deols, since this is a public form issues raised in your enquiry above are better discussed privately and you will not find me hesitant if the channel for discussion is made available. May allah guide our thoughts and actions and save us from misguidance. My phone is .

Sorry. I am not interested in having a private discussion wv you.

ossyme: Am also conscious of the bias against polygamy even if such is only lampooned verbally but practised unofficially by all and sundry.

I am bias when it comes 2 polygamy,no apologies. I dont see it practised by all and sundry.where did u get ur data from?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
tbaba1234:

I can do without most of the other traits to be honest, these three are the most important. I would not say, i am searching yet but i am hoping to be married in 2 years insha Allah. Nikkah is not on the way yet.

The other things on the list could include (none are compulsory):

i. She recites the Quran with proper tajweed,that way, my kids will learn as well.

ii. Every man wants a pretty wife

iii. Temperament: Not one too quick to anger.

I realise that, unless Allah wills, I will not have the perfect wife. That is why i have a top 3 requirement. Marriage is about learning to handle the imperfections of each other.

Wow! I believe you deserve evry good thing. Perfection is what no one shld demand from another. It mkes it easy for you to let go most of the time and happiness becomes a normal thing you share.
Am I right 2 think that the 2yrs span is so that you dont engage in courtship?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2012
@deols, for your well-informed posts and strong naseeha in the islam section, i will respond to your enquiry. Married now for 4 yrs, wife gives her best and am grateful to Allah, reason is to produce more kids who will be juicy and not toxic assets to islam. Earnings...... Am comfortable and thank Allah copiously for this. My own request enquiry..... Are u married? What age bracket are u and can you ever be a mathna .Kindly delete my cell from your copied post above @mac... May i ask what you consider tendetious in my post as to pass the fatwa of unfairness above
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: @deols, for your well-informed posts and strong naseeha in the islam section, i will respond to your enquiry. Married now for 4 yrs, wife gives her best and am grateful to Allah, reason is to produce more kids who will be juicy and not toxic assets to islam. Earnings...... Am comfortable and thank Allah copiously for this. My own request enquiry..... Are u married? What age bracket are u and can you ever be a mathna .Kindly delete my cell from your copied post above @mac... May i ask what you consider tendetious in my post as to pass the fatwa of unfairness above

When you suggested that "all and sundry" lampoon polygamy, I had to make that comment earnestly.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: @deols, for your well-informed posts and strong naseeha in the islam section, i will respond to your enquiry. Married now for 4 yrs, wife gives her best and am grateful to Allah, reason is to produce more kids who will be juicy and not toxic assets to islam. Earnings...... Am comfortable and thank Allah copiously for this. My own request enquiry..... Are u married? What age bracket are u and can you ever be a mathna .Kindly delete my cell from your copied post above @mac... May i ask what you consider tendetious in my post as to pass the fatwa of unfairness above

I am not married and will never consider being any1's second wife. a personal choice though,I have nothing against pple engaged in it.

Sorry once again. The reason you want another wife is to have more children.
Have you considered good housing conditions.one that makes it possible to separate the male and female children and both wives.
Hav3 u also given a thought 2 d kinda school u would want them to attend.the type that cld make their number not just providing quantity but also quality.
You may also have given a thought to how they may live and get education independent of youin case of unforeseen cir umstances.

While all of these apply to every1 it comes to mind more when I hear someone talk of having more wives. I just wonder if much thoughts are given to the produ ts of d union or a case of someone giving in to desire.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 10:55pm On Nov 21, 2012
@mac, i am not uaware of a negligible subset under 'all and sundry' that such endemic bias has not afflicted. Malo mari ko ma form admin nibi..... Panti lopoju online toba mo Am still eagerly awaiting deols response ....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
ossyme: @mac, i am not uaware of a negligible subset under 'all and sundry' that such endemic bias has not afflicted. Malo mari ko ma form admin nibi..... Panti lopoju online toba mo Am still eagerly awaiting deols response ....

Were we fighting before? Marriage is not a stroll in the park, I will not be bulldozed into it.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
Strol ko bulldozer ni....but sincerely you need to hasten your pace without losing your clarity of focus. Life without a sweet wife could be simply brutish and tortous emotionally. Except for your hot-headedness,deols will be a perfect match for you in my humble opinion.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2012
check again. I re[plied u already @ossyme.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
@Ossyme Oh my God! "Hot-headedness"? Show me an example for I consider myself to be very mild.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by BahPulo(f): 2:49am On Nov 22, 2012
salam my brothers and sisters
anything new around here

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.