Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (165705 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by elderbros(m): 2:47am On Oct 02, 2012
ma hrt dropped on dis 1...i had 2 put it back...so sweet
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by elderbros(m): 2:56am On Oct 02, 2012

Commentary of a Hadith i read and will like 2 share with y'all

<<<<Our rich class has made Walimah (marriage banquet given by the bridegroom) a highly luxurious affair and a means of displaying wealth and richness. This excessive exaggeration of a simple feast has brought in its wake many religious, moral and social evils. In its present form, it is sheer extravagance and wastage which are satanic acts and those who do it are brothers of Satan. It is such a big loss and serious threat that if our rich class is left with any sense of religion, it should immediately abandon this extravagance which is escalating day by day. Its moral disadvantage is that one invites in this function only men of his own status and not the the poor, whereas the fact is that it is the latter who deserve to be invited because of their need, and not the former. Good manners also warrant that the needy should be given priority over the affluent. Its social disadvantage is that display of wealth on such occasions creates a sense of deprivation in the poor segments of society while what Islam teaches is the uplift, material and moral help, consolation and encouragement and respectable treatment of the poor.
Instead of holding sumptuous feasts on Walimah, if the Muslims shift to one or two simple food items and invite the poor along with their friends and relatives, they not only save themselves from all the three evils mentioned above, but also prevent themselves from the accountability in the Hereafter; otherwise they will suffer loss in both the worlds.>>>>

It exhorts the Muslims to participate in the Walimah ceremony but it is the kind of feast which is simple and in accordance with the teachings of Islam.
May Allah increase us in our Knowledge...Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2012
Alhamdulilai
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sweetnecta: 12:07am On Oct 04, 2012
^hypocrite. You know it is not from your heart.
Heck. What are you doing here after you created "Christian Single"?

For sure you will find easy Susan and ever ready Rachael and best buy Brenda to attend to you now.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^hypocrite. You know it is not from your heart.
Heck. What are you doing here after you created "Christian Single"?

For sure you will find easy Susan and ever ready Rachael and best buy Brenda to attend to you now.
Im here to see deols
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2012
toba: Im here to see deols
Am on the other thread you open,who will you give me. grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2012
olawalebabs:
Am on the other thread you open,who will you give me. grin grin grin
point and catch. Just mention
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
toba: point and catch. Just mention

interesting how much respect u av for ur women
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
deols:

interesting how much respect u av for ur women
smh for u, by failing to see the intent behind the post.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
^^ they must be proud of you grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
deols: ^^ they must be proud of you grin grin
pathetic.

anyway, there's something else that matters now
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by arewabee52(f): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
hmmmm.marriage sha,when ever i hear it i get scared but at the same time am looking forward to getting married...... grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
arewabee52: hmmmm.marriage sha,when ever i hear it i get scared but at the same time am looking forward to getting married...... grin
undecided
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by arewabee52(f): 3:06am On Oct 14, 2012
mr.uncle.mister toba..why that expression??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2012
arewabee52: mr.uncle.mister toba..why that expression??
undecided ma.

how are u?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by arewabee52(f): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
mr toba am fine..how you too?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
arewabee52: mr toba am fine..how you too?
very fine. Alihamdulilai
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ajibawealt(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ arewabee52
hmmmm.marriage sha,when ever i hear it i get scared but at the same time am looking forward to getting married.....

We are on the same page. Infact when my ex realised I was not backing my words with action she had to flee.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
ajibawealt:

We are on the same page. Infact when my ex realised I was not backing my words with action she had to flee.

In that case, focus on making yourself a better person. The foundation for a happy marriage is laid at the time you're single. This implies that you don't have a string of "exes" whose existence might place a strain on your future marriage.

Make advances in your religious consciousness, education, business, career etc. These will improve your life and chances of being successful in marriage than a string of failed premarital relationships.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ajibawealt(m): 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ maclatunji, thanks bro.

Nevertheless, I still prefer being in a courtship, though for a short period of time, so that I wouldn't be in a rush to 'pick' when I finally made up my mind to settle down.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2012
Have you ever went to buy a Ferrari, and the dealer just gave you the keys for a test drive? No.

What if you bought the car dealer lunch? No.

What if you chatted to him on Facebook? No.

What if you promised him you were going to pay for it later? No.

Truth is, without signing the contract, you are not going to smell that car, let alone touch it.

So why is that people have began to treat OUR WOMEN cheaper than pieces of metal?!

Why is it with a bit of sweet talking, a dinner and a bunch of false promises we can expect to win over a woman completely? Why have we stooped so low?

Allah has put a price on relationships and made them more valuable than any thing money can buy. If you want someone, know that relationships are valuable and precious, you can't play around with them. Without signing the contract, your not touching anyone. Get it right.

If we all learn to follow these rules, we wouldn't have all these tragedies we are seeing today. May Allah have mercy on us all.

Allah has given us Islam and realise the true value of the rules Allah has put in place. Jazakallahu Kheiran.

http://www.facebook.com/talkislam

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2012
^^^ Correct, May Allah increase your knowledge of the Deen
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2012
Love gone Sour:

Buy me a car or forget about wedding: Bride-to-be Tells Fiancé

Few days to their wedding, a 40-year-old-man, Mohammed Abubakar of Hayin Rigasa, on Thursday, dragged his bride-to-be, Umulkair Ja’afar, before a Shari’a Court in Magajin Gari, Kaduna, for alleged assault and intimidation. According to Abubakar’s complaints to the court, the arrangement for the wedding had gone far when Umulkair told him that he must buy her a car before the ceremony could hold.

In his words: “We have started making arrangement of getting married, but she requested that I must buy a car for her before she will marry me… I told her that I don’t have the money because I just bought my new car.” This, Abubakar further told the court, has brought an end to their wedding arrangement.

The complainant further told the court that “After this development, the woman started sending insulting and intimidating text messages to me.” Pointing out that he had witnesses, who would testify on the issue, he continues “I have shown them the messages she has been sending to me. I want to bring them before the court to testify,” he added.

Meanwhile, the Presiding Officer of the court, Ibrahim Inuwa, adjourned the case to October 18, for the continuation of hearing. Also, Umulkair’s side of the story was not heard.

http://kadunachronicleng.com/buy-me-a-car-or-forget-about-wedding-bride-to-be-tells-fiance/?fb_comment_id=fbc_374821375930684_2454045_377028299043325#f1d4a2daa219be6
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sister set my guy up!! grin

Her side of the story has not been presented yet though... that would be interesting...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by snubish: 2:23am On Oct 19, 2012
brilliant analogy Tbaba, we met a shameful thing indeed in this world. young Nigerian girls would do almost anything for the promised gift of a blackberry. . . .

now talking about ferraris; got me thinking: how a ferrari would make a fine bride indeed for a young man. astaghfirllahi.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2012
And I thought the car requested by d girl is her mahr..If so,would he not have to provide it before the wedding holds?..

And I truly wish women would be treated better than the ferraris and d cadillacs. How a new one would be cared for,cherished and loved by their owners.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2012
^ Yes, but it seems like they had already made other agreements but in the course of preparing for the marriage, they started making new demands... The Mahr can be paid when they are already married but it must be paid.

I have heard stories when they (girl's family) make these demands of the groom on the Nikkai day, when it is almost too late to withdraw with all the guests around. So he has to pay somehow.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by snubish: 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
tbaba, r u afraid? don't worry she won't spring any expensive surprises on you. just have a back up plan. . . like a safe escape route if that eventually happens.

@ deols, we men should know better really. 100 ferraris don't even come close to a good Muslim woman. a ferrari can not raise diligent Muslim kids with you, give you advice from a feminine perspective, or support you emotionally through tough times.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
It seems as if i don lose touch with this thread.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by anonymous22: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
toba & deols.......the lion and the jewel
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 4:42am On Oct 24, 2012
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by abdulg: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dear Brothers /Sisters, Please promote "Know about your religion" https://www./aboutreligion/#!/groups/aboutreligion/

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.