Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (164940 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
^Goodluck.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
UN-Islamic Wedding Customs | Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn8Nt9-fIXg
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by chakula: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
tongue tongue tongue tongue
maclatunji: ^Goodluck.

Hope not Jonathon. grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sirheed89(m): 12:07am On Nov 09, 2012
salam bro n sis, please when is the right time to have a girl friend?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 09, 2012
Much love to my Muslim Brothers and Sisters i Love you all.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 4:12am On Nov 09, 2012
Sirheed89: salam bro n sis, please when is the right time to have a girl friend?

There is no right time!! Please read the below:

You are either married or you are not. In Surah maidah, Allah says (rough translation):

Today all good things have been made lawful for you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful for you as your food is lawful for them. So are chaste, believing, women as well as chaste women of the people who were given the Scripture before you, as long as you have given them their bride-gifts and married them, not taking them as lovers or secret mistresses. The deeds of anyone who rejects faith will come to nothing, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. (Surah 5:5)

Also in Surah Nisa

If any of you does not have the means to marry a believing free woman, then marry a believing slave– God knows best [the depth of] your faith: you are [all] part of the same family – so marry them with their people’s consent and their proper bride-gifts. [Make them] married women, not adulteresses or lovers..... (Surah 4:25)

A relationship outside the confines of marriage is essentially haram. If you meet someone and there is a mutual attraction. You do it the right way. He informs your family. You do not get too cozy by exchanging text messages and calls. You do it the right way. If he is serious, he 'd contact your guardian.

Before making a decision to marry this person, you guys can have conversations in the presence of your mahram (guardian), not locked up in a room. The guardian doesn't have to sit on the same table with you; basically your conversation has to be in an open area. This is a very important point and you should take advantage by finding out as much as you can about your potential spouse. Ask the tough questions and see how you both get along in conversations. Is he comfortable with your aspirations? What does he look for in a wife?

You can meet multiple times if needed but all in the presence of a guardian ; After this, you make a decision whether you want him as a husband, he also decides whether he wants you as a wife. When there is an agreement, you start making plans for marriage

"Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree between themselves in a lawful manner." [Noble Quran 2:232]

The Prophet said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Book 25, Number 5403, Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As

Marriage is difficult, there is no guarantee it will work; but if you have two people that believe in and love Allah.. Then no matter what happens you know that the rights of the other will not be violated.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sirheed89(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2012
Jazakumllah Brother tbabs, you really explained it out well, not like have not read about it before but i wanted to be sure...but i still have another question. what if i travel on visit or tour and i meet a muslima and we both find interest in our self and we exchange numbers is it right? or how can we go about it please?

Jazakumllah Khairan
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2012
Sirheed89: Jazakumllah Brother tbabs, you really explained it out well, not like have not read about it before but i wanted to be sure...but i still have another question. what if i travel on visit or tour and i meet a muslima and we both find interest in our self and we exchange numbers is it right? or how can we go about it please?

Jazakumllah Khairan

Wa Iyyakum

If you are interested in a sister, then ask for the number of her wali (guardian) and ask for a convenient time to call him. She can inform her wali of your call and you would seek permission from her wali to talk to her for the purpose of marriage.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sirheed89(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2012
okay brother but we know how things are this days, a muslima would prolly look at you and be like wtf do you need are parents or wali number for undecided ... when its not like you know her before...am still learning guys so please put me trough
tbaba1234:

Wa Iyyakum

If you are interested in a sister, then ask for the number of her wali (guardian) and ask for a convenient time to call him. She can inform her wali of your call and you would seek permission from her wali to talk to her for the purpose of marriage.

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 9:36am On Nov 09, 2012
Sirheed89: okay brother but we know how things are this days, a muslima would prolly look at you and be like wtf do you need are parents or wali number for undecided ... when its not like you know her before...am still learning guys so please put me trough

There are no secret relationships in Islam. Everything has to be done in the open.

You get to know the sister with the knowledge of the wali and if you guys do not think, you are compatible, you separate amicably. It is the respectable thing to do. It shows your seriousness for a commitment rather than playing around.

If the sister is religiously conscious and understands that these are the limits set by Allah, I am sure she would have no objections.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
I need wisdom.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
maclatunji: I need wisdom.

What does this mean?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
tbaba1234:

What does this mean?

It's a little bit difficult for me to explain without it being perceived the wrong way but let me try:

I am becoming a victim of my own choices and abilities: I have taken some positions on how I want to proceed as a professional- this puts me in an uncommon situation for my age- I kind-off have clout (not money O) and it keeps growing like crazy. This makes me someone many people might want to relate with including ladies. The challenge I have is that I cannot see myself with a high percentage of them because of factors such as religion and distance at the same time I am trying to reduce my outright bluntness because I have been like that for years and I am trying to tone it down lest I lose the chance to convince the ones that I find ideal as potential "spouse candidates" (I know, I am only interested in one spouse).

Meanwhile, as the tasks I perform and the clout I have keep growing, the ever-growing louder whisper I keep hearing is : "he is this, this and that... he should be married. The irony is that these professional tasks and skills that make me so "mature and responsible" are also blocking my ability to meet and assess the few ladies that I could find ideal if we met/interacted.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
@maclatunji, what am about to say should not in anyway be misconstrued. For your age, i sincerely do not think you are in any way precociously mature as there are guys who handle far more challenging tasks and responsibilities and are still far younger than you. I sincerely think with humility and level-headedness, it should not be difficult to get a modest practising muslima . The more alluring her credentials are, the more compromise you might be tempted to make. The prophet also warned us of those greenries on the dustbin. And my dear brother, in this era of moral bankruptcy, explosion in all evils and vices, one should consider it a big jihaad to settle down as fast as possible. May allah be our guide. You may need to speak to someone older who is married and a practising muslim, may be with clout also.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:30am On Nov 12, 2012
^Hahaha, your comments are fair considering the fact that you don't know me. I will try and follow your advice though even if there are a few obstacles.

Let me just say something about "clout." Don't misunderstand me when I use that word. It isn't one big or attractive position. It's about a lot of work upon work and different people insisting that I get things done for them whether I like it or not. If these requests pertained to a set of related issues I guess I could just handle them together but they are so diverse even I can't believe it.

Yes no one is indispensable but my God some of us could do with less stress and responsibilities.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ayam still single
and ^ has refused 2 give me a chance
*sobs*
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dyt: Ayam still single
and ^ has refused 2 give me a chance
*sobs*

Pardon?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2012
Wat is pardon
Pls don't start wit grammar abeg
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dyt: Wat is pardon
Pls don't start wit grammar abeg

But you are supposed to be on your way to being married. At least that is the impression you gave?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
You wanted a serious relationship, me too I wanted marriage
2 ge 4 mehn
Oya let's start
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dyt: You wanted a serious relationship, me too I wanted marriage
2 ge 4 mehn
Oya let's start

LWKMD! Wetin you chop this morning?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 9:15am On Nov 15, 2012
@maclatunji &Dyt,
do you sincerely think e-flirting is allowed in islam.
Remember the Hadeeth of the Prophet (saw) : thalaathun jadduhunna Jaddun wa azluhunna jaddun?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:28am On Nov 15, 2012
ossyme: @maclatunji &Dyt,
do you sincerely think e-flirting is allowed in islam.
Remember the Hadeeth of the Prophet (saw) : thalaathun jadduhunna Jaddun wa azluhunna jaddun?

What did I do O?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
Walahi if I comment u ll jst goan hang ursef
Shior
E-flirtin ko, e- hangin ni
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hey dyt,
Long time. U really shld stop d e-flirting.

But am more concerned about that impression..does it still hold true
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
Bn good oo madam

Where did I flirt now?
Na wa 4 una ooooo
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2012
Dyt: Bn good oo madam

Where did I flirt now?
Na wa 4 una ooooo

oh, d flirting part, I didnt mean here. elsewhere.

I agree, na wa for me cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by ossyme(m): 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
Go and hang yourself,dyt? This seems an expression from the gutter. I hope am not dealing with some debased individuals,mac ?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Dyt(f): 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
^ ur talk no b now
Jst hang on dere, I ll give u in folds

Deols
I am a changed person now
*wearin my hijab n holdin my tesbiu*

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.