Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? (20726 Views)

How They Found A Fortune In The Belle Of A Whale! (Pictures) / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Ybaby: 7:04am On Jan 11, 2023
BMathew:
I saw this post on Facebook, guys what's your honest opinion?

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Don't wait till it happens to you before you learn.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy

Why upgrade his daughter na? Is the daughter not a woman ?
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Fearyourcreator: 7:13am On Jan 11, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
I know of a married woman that got a better opportunity and upgraded her husband.

She refused to live in comfort without her husband!

Many at times, these things are individual thing

I am happy that the husband loved his wife and applied wisdom to get her back

It's a beautiful love story

Some children for here for don dey shout vaginal people upandan until them lose the love of their life
Lolzzz... It's individual thing though... But I fear women with power ooo...

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by mrjojo: 7:24am On Jan 11, 2023
Tonyavaro:

say goodbye to generator with Power Station Portable Bank

Power your laptop, phones, MiFi, powerbanks, Speaker, fan, radio, LED light, camera, drones etc

46,200mah , 65watts

(Higher capacities available)

Contact me on whatsapp to get the LIVE video on how it works.

Pay on Delivery nationwide via GIG Logistics !!!
how many hours for this to get really charge? Is there any warranty?
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by TheboyGhost(m): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2023
Skmoda360:

Ode ....ewúrẹ...

Blah blah blah
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2023
CHoccolaTE:
What a disgusting thread filled with evil minded enemies of progress.

I have always said it that the average Nigerian man is a demonic beast, how can so many of you actively wish for your wives to always remain below you and advice each other to not help her rise in life?

If a random person says they wish their brother or neighbor should never rise above them in life, that random person will be called a wicked and evil person but when it's husband's wishing it for their wives, somehow that kind of wickedness becomes acceptable to them.

Your rubbish pride cannot handle a woman being better than you, that's why you people don't want your wives to rise above you, not because of the nonsense reasons you wrote here, in Nigeria presently, many wives are the ones feeding husband and children and they keep quiet about it to maintain their homes, look at that topic in frontpage about the woman whose husband spends all his money on gambling.

I don't blame you people, it's Nigerian women that love carrying marriages to evil men on their heads I blame.

You're getting it upside down.

Men don't want their women to be better than them because MOST WOMEN WILL ONLY BE WITH A MAN THATS BETTER THAN THEM, including you here forming woke.

Once they feel they're ahead of you, they begin to detest you - this is also known as hypergamy and its been scientifically proven.

So if you're honest you'll see that the challenge is from the women not men.

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by BigBashiru: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2023
Lade18:

Hmmm true. Men also Bleep up, but it's hard to believe that I've never bleeped up when it comes to a woman that build with me.

Still, I'll still invest in a woman I love so far I'm sure of her commitment too. Nonetheless, shit still happens

I hv no problem "investing" in a woman. The question I hv for the females is will they also invest in men? Most time the females are at the receiving end of these investments and when the tide turns and its time for them to invest in the man they runaway!! That's the problem I hv wiv investing in a woman....its one way....

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by BigBashiru: 9:57am On Jan 11, 2023
TheRealestGuy:

You're getting it upside down.

Men don't want their women to be better than them because MOST WOMEN WILL ONLY BE WITH A MAN THATS BETTER THAN THEM, including you here forming woke.

Once they feel they're ahead of you, they begin to detest you - this is also known as hypergamy and its been scientifically proven.

So if you're honest you'll see that the challenge is from the women not men.

@ the bolded...if you are ahead of her financially but she feels she is ahead of you spiritually e.g. by "having a relationship with Christ"[or Allah], she will also begin too detest you....

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Akpaamunsi: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2023
2elliot:
When I newly dated this girl in school and then found out that she was using a spoilt phone which she was using rubber to hold it together. Even as a student with limited fund, I used my month allowance to buy this girl a new BlackBerry phone. Before I handed her the phone, I topped airtime and data on it. Then that evening, that girl uploaded the picture of her other guy on her WhatsApp profile. In less than three weeks, the other guy called me to warn me to leave his girlfriend. And before that, in less than a week, this girl asked me what I have done for her during a minor quarrel. Fear women.

Boys suppose wipe you cord.... You be correct simp
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
cococandy:
Typical. Insult all the women you know and expect coolness in response from the one person who actually defends them.

Go and tell them to their faces that you think they put emotions first and only. No side talking behind their backs.
As usual..Misleading some females with the false hope of defending them. Who even made you a defender/prefect for the females on nairaland?

I really pity the ones residing in Nigeria and taking you seriously..You will pollute their mindset and psychology with the western cancerous feminist abracadabra that has scattered more homes than fixing them.

Again, I won't be shocked if your type is under a firm grip of traditional masculine figure, but come online to pollute mindset of young ladies..Call it online "pretence ".

I put it to you that you are even putting emotion in response to most comment you've mentioned, not even pinch of logic came to play.

The beauty of GenZ age is that men are becoming more logical and aware to the females like you and the coded manipulative emmotional blackmails.

Much respect to the traditionally groomed feminine women out there..I hold them in high esteem...

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Acidosis:

I know right

cheesy cheesy
Surely cheesy

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by cococandy(f): 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
All this because I called you out on your unintelligent generalizations?

Tell me what any of this nonsense you just typed has to do with location and place of residence. Predictable. Am I misleading them by telling you to stop insulting them.

Oh now you respect the feminine ones? You mean the ones that read your insults, ignore them? I’m sure that’s your definition of feminine. Next time I’ll be feminine and tell you that you’ve done well.

Just take your L and move on. Next time remember those ones you claim to respect before you start typing nonsense.

Una no dey rest. Monday to Friday, January to December.
Someone will just come and create a concocted story knowing it will trigger you guys into insulting women and like clockwork, you take the bait and start regurgitating the BS you’ve been bottling up inside.

Munzy14:

As usual..Misleading some females with the false hope of defending them. Who even made you a defender/prefect for the females on nairaland?

I really pity the ones residing in Nigeria and taking you seriously..You will pollute their mindset and psychology with the western cancerous feminist abracadabra that has scattered more homes than fixing them.

Again, I won't be shocked if your type is under a firm grip of traditional masculine figure, but come online to pollute mindset of young ladies..Call it online "pretence ".

I put it to you that you are even putting emotion in response to most comment you've mentioned, not even pinch of logic came to play.

The beauty of GenZ age is that men are becoming more logical and aware to the females like you and the coded manipulative emmotional blackmails.

Much respect to the traditionally groomed feminine women out there..I hold them in high esteem...

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
cococandy:
All this because I called you out on your unintelligent generalizations?

Tell me what any of this nonsense you just typed has to do with location and place of residence. Predictable. Am I misleading them by telling you to stop insulting them.

Oh now you respect the feminine ones? You mean the ones that read your insults, ignore them and still kiki with you? I’m sure that’s your definition of feminine.

Just take your L and move on. Next time remember those ones you claim to respect before you start typing nonsense.

Long ago I have known you are just unintelligent with your antics.

You jumped into my mention with an indirect insult, when I figured and returned your BS in a language you will understand, you started playing victim..Typical pretender feminist of Naija origin.. grin
Keep deceiving the gullible ones you hear!
All of a sudden it is now generalization according to Nairaland female prefect. When facts are glaring..typical naija woman taking to western side starting to feel fly cheesy

Keep deceiving them..ONLY if they realize you don't practice what you preach here.

Woke online, weak offline grin

Focused men seperate corn from chaff..

Feminine ladies with mind of their own, must be separated from feminist with herdmentality.

Your bringing emotions only will endear the Big L to you here.

Keep your BS coming.

Just seeing you modified your comment.
Aren't you talking to yourself in the last statement?
If 10similar threads pop up in a day, you are definitely on 7 with your usual deception of female defender when you probably didn't register for the job. grin..Just keep your cancerous feminist online stuff to yourself and stop deceiving the feminine younger ones...

Oluwole defender.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by onumadu: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
This topic get as e be, but e take style dey correct in most cases.
It is one of those "neither here nor there" kind of situations.
But you see dis Japa mata, na entirely different animal.
if you see what old Nigerians do overseas, you will be shocked. Women in particular feel sexually liberated. More like escaping communal social censure/control.
Most women go berserk (unless no one paid them such sexual attention). Even the most conservative among them still act up.
I saw one grandma like that in church here one Sunday service, and she was wearing trousers and LOVING it. They usually use cold weather as their excuse but we know better. lol
In Naija, I could never have imagined her in trousers. Ever. lol
It is a DEEP topic that needs its own thread entirely.
Saw that the woman in the OP changed when she came back?
That is the matter.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
onumadu:
This topic get as e be, but e take style dey correct in most cases.
It is one of those "neither here nor there" kind of situations.
But you see dis Japa mata, na entirely different animal.
if you see what old Nigerians do overseas, you will be shocked. Women in particular feel sexually liberated. More like escaping communal social censure/control.
Most women go berserk (unless no one paid them such sexual attention). Even the most conservative among them still act up.
I saw one grandma like that in church here one Sunday service, and she was wearing trousers and LOVING it. They usually use cold weather as their excuse but we know better. lol
In Naija, I could never have imagined her in trousers. Ever. lol
It is a DEEP topic that needs its own thread entirely.
Saw that the woman in the OP changed when she came back?
That is the matter.
Bolded got me grin grin grin

Seriously different..

You get to see a different human in most cases.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by cococandy(f): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
You’re just ranting incoherently now. Please keep in mind the topic of conversation. See the screenshot below.

Let me indulge you in this case and say that wokeness is insulting. Look at the screenshot again. This is what’s got you in a tizzle? Being called out for the nonsense you typed below. Got it. Next time I’ll be unwoke and tell you’ve done well.

And again what has my location got to do with this? I certainly didn’t mention it. You brought it up like it’s something that bothers you. Hmmm

You mean all Nigerian women resident in Nigeria are okay with your insults? Is that how they express their femininity to you? Allow you insult them?

Never mind actually. You don’t seem to have anything original to say. Just regurgitating nonsense
Munzy14:

Long ago I have known you are just unintelligent with your antics.

You jumped into my mention with an indirect insult, when I figured and returned your BS in a language you will understand, you started playing victim..Typical pretender feminist of Naija origin.. grin
Keep deceiving the gullible ones you hear!
All of a sudden it is now generalization according to Nairaland female prefect. When facts are glaring..typical naija woman taking to western side starting to feel fly cheesy

Keep deceiving them..ONLY if they realize you don't practice what you preach here.

Woke online, weak offline grin

Focused men seperate corn from chaff..

Feminine ladies with mind of their own, must be separated from feminist with her mentality.

Your bringing emotions only will endear the Big L to you here.

Keep your BS coming.

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
Your L

Cancelled feminist.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mwanamume(m): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
I know of a married woman that got a better opportunity and upgraded her husband.

She refused to live in comfort without her husband!

Many at times, these things are individual thing

I am happy that the husband loved his wife and applied wisdom to get her back

It's a beautiful love story

Some children for here for don dey shout vaginal people upandan until them lose the love of their life

I really love your response..Its indeed an individual thing,we are all different with diverse backgrounds and understanding

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Swaelyf(f): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
A very foolish man, i guess its this mentality that made the wife desperate for a joint account he is the type that wants the wife to even tell him before she buys pad. The foolish man should be aware she can get a new passport and still get visa to the USA because the embassy has her data all she needs to do is thumb print. Mumu man
BMathew:
I saw this post on Facebook, guys what's your honest opinion?

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Don't wait till it happens to you before you learn.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by cococandy(f): 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
Swaelyf:
A very foolish man, i guess its this mentality that made the wife desperate for a joint account he is the type that wants the wife to even tell him before she buys pad. The foolish man should be aware she can get a new passport and still get visa to the USA because the embassy has her data all she needs to do is thumb print. Mumu man

That’s because it’s a fake unintelligent cooked up story. They are still seizing passports in this day and age? When all she needs to do is verify her identity to get a new one. Let me guess in the mind of the olodo that made up this story, people who misplace their passports have no other chance ever.

His fellow dumbasses believe it too grin

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by GloriousGbola: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2023
qtguru:

I avoid selfish and stingy women, especially women with no ambition, truth is reasonable women are not scarce.

Just that NL peeps keep chasing all these broke ladies like Jenny clay. The likes of Jenny Clay can't do much for you, it's the likes of pocohantas and folake4u you'd want to have as good friends.

Those are my Day 2 sisters

Shots fired! cheesy
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by gforce5: 10:55am On Jan 13, 2023
This post just verifies what I have said in one of my articles that Nigerian men have zero standards. How about men upgrading themselves first and looking for a woman that matches their level? Only a few Nigerian women are grateful to men for upgrading their life. Most of them just see you lots as a ladder to bigger things and once they have gotten what they want from you, they will dump your azz for the guy they fancy. Nigerian men just have a messiah/saviour complex. Looking for someone to worship you instead of developing yourselves so that women of value would be the ones fighting for your attention.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Setursight(m): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2023
Often times, the steps we teach some people, they will use it to dance with another person.

So it's a two way things.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
gforce5:
This post just verifies what I have said in one of my articles that Nigerian men have zero standards. How about men upgrading themselves first and looking for a woman that matches their level? Only a few Nigerian women are grateful to men for upgrading their life. Most of them just see you lots as a ladder to bigger things and once they have gotten what they want from you, they will dump your azz for the guy they fancy. Nigerian men just have a messiah/saviour complex. Looking for someone to worship you instead of developing yourselves so that women of value would be the ones fighting for your attention.

Is this a Nigerian problem or a People problem?
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by obinna58(m): 6:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
2elliot:
When I newly dated this girl in school and then found out that she was using a spoilt phone which she was using rubber to hold it together. Even as a student with limited fund, I used my month allowance to buy this girl a new BlackBerry phone. Before I handed her the phone, I topped airtime and data on it. Then that evening, that girl uploaded the picture of her other guy on her WhatsApp profile. In less than three weeks, the other guy called me to warn me to leave his girlfriend. And before that, in less than a week, this girl asked me what I have done for her during a minor quarrel. Fear women.
grin grin
Baba take heart this woman are very wicked I swear
I smell bulshit from one very fine girl like that and I was like eh!! Shey no be you cry the other day over this same thing you’re doing
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by gforce5: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
It's a general problem but it's extremely rampant among Nigerian women. Yes, women from other countries aren't saints but only a few a compete with Nigerian women (of this generation) when it comes to entitlement, pompousity and ruthlessness.
truthsayer009:

Is this a Nigerian problem or a People problem?

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by DonroxyII: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
BMathew:
Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy
There is no need to Keep anybody Below Anyone ....

Simply Upgrade Yourself and set a Milestone she can't climb Ever !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? / Characteristics Of A Wife Material By Reno Omokri / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.