Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? (20747 Views)

How They Found A Fortune In The Belle Of A Whale! (Pictures) / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by naijakissleave(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
If you dare upgrade, wahala from NO WHERE will dawn on you and if you no upgrade, wahala of comparison, attack, unending blame to the rest of LIFE.
Instead live your life as if you are not current with events on ground. When asked why didn't sponsor your wife to...respond like Bubu PMB, "I AM NOT AWARE" that there is anything on-going

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by shineeye1: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:
I saw this post on Facebook, guys what's your honest opinion?

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Don't wait till it happens to you before you learn.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy

Why would you position your wife higher than yourself!? You want to become the Wife?! Infact women are attracted to the men who keep developing themselves and detest and despise men who upgrade them at their own detriment. The law of nature in them revolts such anomaly! Keep upgrading until you will be graded out of reckoning...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by mariahAngel(f): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy

Oya, tell everyone what happened in-between the bolded, you deceiver!

Only a crazy woman would want to divorce a husband who's been that good to her.

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by InvertedHammer: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ebubu:

even in nigeria, men upgrade women and they use the new status to bargain for dating with richer men than you.
/
Whether you upgrade her or not, if she is attractive, men will toast her. It is up to her to respect herself. We are talking about issues that are mutually exclusive.

/
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by chatinent: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
It happened to your wife doesn't mean she represents all women. Tag and blame your wife alone and stop being generic.

My woman is the best thing that happened to me.

5 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by DrChukki: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Okay
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Bigmouth3: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:

Seun, RoyalRoy
Tell that your senior friend to take heart and also train the wife's cousins in school,he shouldn't stop at her sister only. If he finishes training the cousins ,he should proceed to train her community too.as long as there is life ,there is hope ......if you want to mumu ,mumu finish, don't stop half way.

7 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
AMI3:
Though I didn't read that long story.

Since I have grown up and I understand the value of life the only person that feel threatened if I commite resources to and they fail me are my kids.
If I empowered any woman and she disappoint me I will not feel threatened because any I do for a woman I don't attached emotion to it be my wife or my girlfriend. Because women are unpredictable.
Don't spend more than what u have for a woman no matter how much u love

Women are like betnaija game always play by rule don't bet more than what u can not afford to lose
Logical cheesy

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by folake4u(f): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Dshocker:

But truth is that most women can't control power.

The men that have been in power since from generation to generation, how did they control it well? I just want to know. smiley

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by CHoccolaTE: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
What a disgusting thread filled with evil minded enemies of progress.

I have always said it that the average Nigerian man is a demonic beast, how can so many of you actively wish for your wives to always remain below you and advice each other to not help her rise in life?

If a random person says they wish their brother or neighbor should never rise above them in life, that random person will be called a wicked and evil person but when it's husband's wishing it for their wives, somehow that kind of wickedness becomes acceptable to them.

Your rubbish pride cannot handle a woman being better than you, that's why you people don't want your wives to rise above you, not because of the nonsense reasons you wrote here, in Nigeria presently, many wives are the ones feeding husband and children and they keep quiet about it to maintain their homes, look at that topic in frontpage about the woman whose husband spends all his money on gambling.

I don't blame you people, it's Nigerian women that love carrying marriages to evil men on their heads I blame.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by pepericozi: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Quoted:Funny enough, i was discussing with my friend on the phone this morning and i was telling him that women are not supposed to willpower, because they cannot manage or control it.

Below is a link, where Wife of DG SSS orders arrest of Kano NNPP guber candidate, directs personnel to kill his aide at Kano airport.

My response
Yes, this is funny and irritating. Women? Even in offices where they are the head. All subordinate are on danger list. Why? Why now? Why are they power drunk?

Anyway, our politicians are intoxicated with power, male or female.

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Kajaard: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
Damn....hell no!!!

I rather gather all my keke osusu money use am take plant mango tree for middle of road than upgrade my banny shocked. Ordinary fine dress wey I buy for her wey she wear follow me go outing on Xmas Eve,area men almost win her from me angry

Jokes apart,for my own peace of mind, I'd rather upgrade my poultry from a cage of old layers to broilers than upgrade my banny lipsrsealed

Sonnobax you and this your frog image cheesy

I always use the image to identify you cheesy

I hope business is great!

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Sunnypan: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2023
MY WIFE IS MY BEST SHE IS 100% WAY FORWARD

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by abobote: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
A threat, the other my wife reminded me that I promised to send her to school, I told her maybe after the fifth child, so that anything that happens from there I won't feel too bad.
We have only two kids together for now
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Positiveme2020: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
deepwater:
Lol

I am more concerned about your friend's power and capabilities to MAKE his wife or daughter a judge

Is that how judges are made in Nigeria?
Everything is politics and for the highly connected. Just very few got into high position by merit.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Blaze14k: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
Most times its a threat
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by CHoccolaTE: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

Don't mind these wicked liars.

Tufia, very nonsense thread. Just look at these demons in human flesh claiming women are not supposed to be better than their husband, As if women are not already doing the job of primary breadwinner in many families today.
You people are lucky that naija women are docile, if I find out that a man I married has this mentality, I will hustle relentlessly to make sure I end up more successful than him.

Make I see whether he go divorce me because his babyish ego cannot handle it.

5 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by CHoccolaTE: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
pepericozi:
Quoted:Funny enough, i was discussing with my friend on the phone this morning and i was telling him that women are not supposed to willpower, because they cannot manage or control it.

Below is a link, where Wife of DG SSS orders arrest of Kano NNPP guber candidate, directs personnel to kill his aide at Kano airport.

My response
Yes, this is funny and irritating. Women? Even in offices where they are the head. All subordinate are on danger list. Why? Why now? Why are they power drunk?

Anyway, our politicians are intoxicated with power, male or female.

This is very false, I have worked in different establishments where women were heads and they were very kind and cooperative. The men who were heads on the other hand na soso toto and yansh matter full their heads. Girls cannot work under them for one straight year without them attempting to sleep with the girls.

7 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

Forget o..

Mgbe ufodu I wonder which planet I shiri puta.. cheesy

Sweet soul if I will say.

Some women fling their men despite the sacrifice o..Worst is that, they do it without thinking twice.
Infact she will ask what did you do for me? lipsrsealed

I am talking about the ones I witnessed o.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by jojothaiv(m): 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
olamidedivotee:
This is a bitter truth, but feminism won't let many people agree on this.

When women are placed above men, they will change completely.

This is not about being misogynist or redpiller.

I write quality contents for blogs and brands, kindly check my signature for contact details.
You're right.

And I don't do labels either.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by shineeye1: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
chatinent:
It happened to your wife doesn't mean she represents all women. Tag and blame your wife alone and stop being generic.

My woman is the best thing that happened to me.

Everyone wakes up from Sweet dreams...,

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Ebubu: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
Whether you upgrade her or not, if she is attractive, men will toast her. It is up to her to respect herself. We are talking about issues that are mutually exclusive.

/
it’s true sha
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Kaycee54321(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2023
CHoccolaTE:
What a disgusting thread filled with evil minded enemies of progress.

I have always said it that the average Nigerian man is a demonic beast, how can so many of you actively wish for your wives to always remain below you and advice each other to not help her rise in life?

If a random person says they wish their brother or neighbor should never rise above them in life, that random person will be called a wicked and evil person but when it's husband's wishing it for their wives, somehow that kind of wickedness becomes acceptable to them.

Your rubbish pride cannot handle a woman being better than you, that's why you people don't want your wives to rise above you, not because of the nonsense reasons you wrote here, in Nigeria presently, many wives are the ones feeding husband and children and they keep quiet about it to maintain their homes, look at that topic in frontpage about the woman whose husband spends all his money on gambling.

I don't blame you people, it's Nigerian women that love carrying marriages to evil men on their heads I blame.

An average Nigerian is evil. Male or female.
People do NOT elevate people here.

A man will find it difficult elevating his wife because there are several experiences where it turned to bite people that did same, in the ass.
A man will find it difficult elevating another man because, naturally, he wants to be up there ALONE & be able to woo other people's women...

If the world were full of only Nigerians, every video on YouTube will either be watered down or very expensive to watch.

We ALL have a problem down here.

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by shineeye1: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2023
Some men are yet to reason how the Serpent became the woman's bestie in the garden of Eden..

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by amliftedhigher: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:

Seun, RoyalRoy
Women don't need power. Protect them, love them, care for them etc but don't give them power financial power and political power women don't need it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by shineeye1: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2023
amliftedhigher:

Women don't need power. Protect them, love them, care for them etc but don't give them power financial power and political power women don't need it

They don't need it (certainly not over their husbands) and they never even asked for that until some Men tempted them..!

5 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by searchlight: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Smallxixi:
Same way a woman should never marry a man below her level and upgrade him.

Men always believe they should be in charge no matter how much richer his wife his. A man will even lavish his wife’s hard earned money on random women.

Broke Men will attach themselves to a hard working rich woman, leech on her and suck her Dry to the extent of her becoming bankrupt. Most men will even kill the woman to inherit her properties.

You will never see a lady gold digger go this far. Women will take little from a man and move on to a richer man. But men will stay and suck you dry till you die!
Chidinma Ojukwu comes to mind.
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by ekerintee: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
The issue is tht when woman becomes powrful and rich ,she begins to think what do I need a man for ,I am now equal to a man and can do almost anything a man can do,I can't receive orders from any man ,women love freedom.when they find themself abroad in a free society,they tell U that they are equal to a man,mostly in countries where they support women financially,this women kick out their husband,they buy vibrators for sex,they use young boys for pleasure,they don't want any man in their house telling them to cook or what to do.its just nature of women

oluwaseyi0:
Unfortunately most women can't have bigger status

There was one sent to school by the husband who now want to abandon the husband to travel out with the kids

The wife is even calling the man illiterate and forcing him to go to school at old age

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Akharmony: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
My everyday prayer is the God shall lift my wife and i motice everytime i say that prayer help just come for us either through her or me. . .
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by faceLAGOS: 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
I’m sorry to say, I won’t border upgrading any Nigerian woman I’m in relationship with.

I’d rather go for my “set”.

Though, I don’t care if my woman is doing well financially than I am.

I once got into relationship with a girl that has mental health issues & was literally confined to a mental health institution.

She barely had friends because they abandoned her due to her health challenge.

She was emotionally down and lonely.

I became friends with her & helped improve her socially & emotionally.

Well, she left me after 4 years of being together & planning on having a future together.

Not up to 4 months after our last sex, she got married to some guy out of the blue.

I’m sure the guy is not aware of her mental health issue.

I KNOW that her marriage will be full of challenges because the husband may not expect what he got.

8 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mtncardseller(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Very true, I nearly made same mistake training one of babe some skills, after getting little change she dey act bossy and rude. Thank God I no reveal everything to her finish...na so I block all access she dey use enter...till today she dey beg me and acting more nicer , trying to whine me. But I will never loose guard to her.

11 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Don’t marry below your class

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Phlegmatic Husband Or Wife. / Adorable Reaction Of An Old Woman To Her Grandson’s New Car (Video ) / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.