Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law (8695 Views)

Planned Strike: We Are Not In Violation Of Any Court Order - NLC Tackles Fagbemi / Wike Vows To Expose Officials Withholding Cbn’s Loans From Abia, Benue / How CBN's CRR Policy Will Kill The Economy - Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by searchlight: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
Frosheer:
APC is a disgrace to this nation.. it's suprising that they're campaigning and Some Nigerians are still in support of their evil
And they even clap for then when they campaign. You see why we call Nigeria a ZOO? Tell me any sane human that claps for his oppressors?
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Ah yes, and you believe that Jesus is your saviour, yet you use such language, and lie repeatedly.

Good morning.

Jesus rebuked the devil the father of lies

You lie repeatedly about subsidies just to deceive people that the govt is not the problem

Your stand rebuked too.

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

You should calm down grin

Really for someone who claims in his signature to be

he heedeth not the words of his own bible which sayeth...be slow to anger...
Angry? If I were angry I won't be chatting with you anymore
I'm actually shocked you're this low. I thought you were an intellectual who was only misguided.
I'm seeing clearly now you're just a deceiver and a govt apologist
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

You must be really hurt.

Again calm down. For someone who claims to be a christian, and a follower of the christman, you are doing a lot of disservice to your lord and liege in the heavens...

Anyway, last word to you...calm down, and don't let other people's opinons get to you. I disagree with a lot of people here, but I don;t make it my life;s ambition to be so antagonistic .

Remember you follow the christman....not the other man.
I don't follow christman whatever that means in your imagination. I follow Jesus who admonishes us to resist the devil.

Lying and lying repeatedly is an attribute of the devil the father of liars.
You need Jesus.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by IbeOkehie: 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Read my comment again. Especially the bit about countermeasures.

Thank you.

There were problems, the issue is, APC did nothing to solve them. Or just borrowed more. There were things they could have done.

Actually there's nothing the APC could have done once they decided not to pursue more basic issues like property rights. I've written that before, so let me go a bit further. Privatize or tribalize all the crude oil & natural gas fields and the new owners will solve the problem in a year.

The Nigerian system is a basically a communist system. Government controls everything. Things like saving money, banning importation of rice, stopping corruption, diversification of the economy are TACTICAL shifts that do nothing to solve the underlying issue, which is government control and ownership of most economic resources AND regulation of prices. That's why Nigeria has remained a poor country.

That's my fear with Peter Obi. I support him as the best in the current field. However, his policies as evidenced in Anambra are mainly TACTICAL. For instance, not stealing money, saving for a rainy day and so on. Those are NOT fundamental changes to the system. He did try to accomplish that in the education sector. No federal government has done any SYSTEMIC reforms since 1986.

I've read a lot of your comments so I think you understand. What Nigeria needs is FREE MARKETS, in both economics and politics. A simple example is minimum wage. It should be abolished completely, there should be no such law, everyone should go and bargain in the market for labor. Now that's systemic change.

The case of the Niger Delta has more to do with property rights than anything else and it requires SYSTEMIC REFORM, kinda like what Robert Mugabe did in Zimbabwe. Basic change....but the average Nigerian doesn't want that because it would take away the money the Federal Government uses to subsidize everything.

Anyway, don't mind me sha, let me go back to laughing at this situation. There's no poor people in Nigeria anyway so what am I talking about grin
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kobonaire234:
Like some people don't get my point

Instead of government to violate its own rules and get loans from CBN

1,They should have removed subsides on power and petrol...attract investors and more investment and money

2.Actually diversified the economy

3.Collected more and more taxes...improve the tax to gdp ratio to 20-30%

4.Improve security.

It is what they were voted for..to change things.

The borrowing is at the end, what we have when government avoids the truth, and plays with lies.

Anyway, I ain't voting for APC, or PDP, or LP, or NNPP, or SPD. Never have, never will.

grin grin
But you're voting for Dumebi Kachikwu right?
Or you're done with that lie grin
When are you going to remove your mask tongue
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by blueAgent(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2023
Dbegining:
Funny enough, I can't find any pro APC person on this thread

The fools don hid their ugly faces.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

grin grin
But you're voting for Dumebi Kachikwu right?
Or you're done with that lie grin
When are you going to remove your mask tongue

Ah well, there is that, and there is that. and that is that.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Actually there's nothing the APC could have done once they decided not to pursue more basic issues like property rights. I've written that before, so let me go a bit further. Privatize or tribalize all the crude oil & natural gas fields and the new owners will solve the problem in a year.

The Nigerian system is a basically a communist system. Government controls everything. Things like saving money, banning importation of rice, stopping corruption, diversification of the economy are TACTICAL shifts that do nothing to solve the underlying issue, which is government control and ownership of most economic resources AND regulation of prices. That's why Nigeria has remained a poor country.

That's my fear with Peter Obi. I support him as the best in the current field. However, his policies as evidenced in Anambra are mainly TACTICAL. For instance, not stealing money, saving for a rainy day and so on. Those are NOT fundamental changes to the system. He did try to accomplish that in the education sector. No federal government has done any SYSTEMIC reforms since 1986.

I've read a lot of your comments so I think you understand. What Nigeria needs is FREE MARKETS, in both economics and politics. A simple example is minimum wage. It should be abolished completely, there should be no such law, everyone should go and bargain in the market for labor. Now that's systemic change.

The case of the Niger Delta has more to do with property rights than anything else and it requires SYSTEMIC REFORM, kinda like what Robert Mugabe did in Zimbabwe. Basic change....but the average Nigerian doesn't want that because it would take away the money the Federal Government uses to subsidize everything.

Anyway, don't mind me sha, let me go back to laughing at this situation. There's no poor people in Nigeria anyway so what am I talking about grin

No problem. Enough here for me to ruminate on.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by IbeOkehie: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Are you now saying the borrowing was justified as that man claimed?

Yes, the borrowing and money printing is justified.

Buhari, Tinubu & APC promised Nigerians a lot of things like NPower cash grants, cheap petrol and school feeding program and cheap university fees. The Nigerian people knew, or should have known, that the Federal Government didn't have the kind of money needed to pay for all that. I personally knew as far back as 2011 that the Nigerian government didn't have that kind of money.

The logic is that Nigerian voters EXPECTED the government to print money.

How else were they supposed to get the money for pay for programs the people voted for?

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

I don't follow christman whatever that means in your imagination. I follow Jesus who admonishes us to resist the devil.

Lying and lying repeatedly is an attribute of the devil the father of liars.
You need Jesus.

Ah well, this one be a sprite.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

You are Satan

Ah yes, now he sees things...calleth me the deciever.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by zenith114(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
If you Plan to migrate to UK �� in 2023 (via study),send a mail I can help you apply to as many as possible schools in the UK for just a token, putting into considerations tuition deposit, tuition balance payment plan, accommodation and jobs.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by owoshuyi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2023
The most wicked, most incompetent, most failing, and most lawless president in Nigeria ever.

Unfortunately or funny enough na still one person darling daddy for here grin

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by MadamExcellency: 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
Victorclean1:
Imposed on us by occultic laden tribe who worship their first king oduduwa as god. Blinded again, another dead wood is warming up from APC.
Funny enough they suffered most. Wailing in their poverty laiden villages gives me joy. So funny

You got to stop this nonsense. Do you ever socialize?

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by owoshuyi(m): 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
That's one reason they wanted to reward him with being APC Presidential consensus candidacy but it failed.

Agbegbaorogboye:

You see the confusion abi?
You want to convert a loan to a loan. Only exists in buharinomics.
The plan is to make Nass willing accomplices in the malady. If the fat rubber stamp had his way, the deed would have been done.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Obyino: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
Urchins watin de motivate una

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Yes, the borrowing and money printing is justified.

Buhari, Tinubu & APC promised Nigerians a lot of things like NPower cash grants, cheap petrol and school feeding program and cheap university fees. The Nigerian people knew, or should have known, that the Federal Government didn't have the kind of money needed to pay for all that. I personally knew as far back as 2011 that the Nigerian government didn't have that kind of money.

The logic is that Nigerian voters EXPECTED the government to print money.

How else were they supposed to get the money for pay for programs the people voted for?
It's one thing for a candidate to make a claim and to accuse the people of willful ignorance.
Buhari and APC claimed in 2012 that subsidy does not exist for example.
By 2014, they had labeled Jonathan's govt corrupt.
The fact is Buhari went into office under the pretentions that he will clear the augean stable of corruption in Nigeria's public sector and save the country from the brink it was close to.
Do you blame the people for listening to him making those promises?
The fact that he has proven to be more inept than Jonathan whom he bastardized and has even ran a more corrupt and inefficient govt than his predecessor shows his complicity.
If not, why is he seeking for means to legitimize the clearly illegal loan forbearance by CBN?
As I've said, this is just a tip of the iceberg. More revelations are coming as the days roll by. What will fast track it is if an opposition wins the election. But either way, more shite will still be unloaded in public. Even if Tinubu wins!
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Sunnyja: 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
nlfpmod:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/573152-how-cbn-loans-to-buhari-govt-climbed-2900-in-seven-years-in-violation-of-law.html
BAT urchins will tell you about second Niger bridge now! They wouldn't tell you that as Buhari continues to borrow ,the likes of former AGF continues to embezzle.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Victorclean1: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
MadamExcellency:

You got to stop this nonsense. Do you ever socialize?

I do naaa. Infact, was at la Campaign Au Tropicana last week
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by IbeOkehie: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

(1) It's one thing for a candidate to make a claim and to accuse the people of willful ignorance.
Buhari and APC claimed in 2012 that subsidy does not exist for example.
By 2014, they had labeled Jonathan's govt corrupt.

(2) The fact is Buhari went into office under the pretentions that he will clear the augean stable of corruption in Nigeria's public sector and save the country from the brink it was close to. Do you blame the people for listening to him making those promises?

(3) As I've said, this is just a tip of the iceberg. More revelations are coming as the days roll by. What will fast track it is if an opposition wins the election. But either way, more shite will still be unloaded in public. Even if Tinubu wins!

Dear Sir, it's always good to do things, live life and form opinions based on REASONABLE analysis and FACTS. Anyone can get things wrong but that can only be justified in the absence of good information. Nigerians like to think being stubborn or having big university degrees somehow exempts anyone from the REALITIES AND LIMITATIONS of life.

(1) Nigerians were willfully ignorant. I lost MANY friends because of the 2015 election. For example, in 2013 there's a guy that worked in the accounts division of a major fuel marketing company that argued with me that Buhari was correct in stating that fuel subsidy didn't exist. That's a real story. How could he not know? I even went on the internet and PRINTED OUT the quarterly earnings report of his own company which showed how much the Federal Government paid them for fuel subsidy. Still he claimed fuel subsidy didn't exist.

Ignorance is not an excuse, but how about someone who is EDUCATED and actually works in a role where they should know?

Second is another friend I told I didn't trust Buhari because he liked to pose as a simple patriot when all his family and even he himself, basically lived abroad in UK and Spain. Another story.

(2) Yes, I do. All anyone had to do was examine Buhari's history as a public official. President Buhari AND Ibrahim Babangida made speeches in Kano at the 10th memorial of Abacha's death, around 2009 or so. They both claimed President Abacha never stole from Nigeria. Interestingly, IBB later came out and APOLOGIZED for his own speech, saying so many people faulted him for it that he went back and examined the records and found he was wrong.

Buhari has never apologized. Why would anyone vote for Buhari in 2015? It's crazy.

(3) Nigerians will do NOTHING, even if it's revealed that Buhari STOLE the entire federal budget. What did Nigerians do to Abacha?

I repeat, Nigerians are to blame for their national travails. My own betting is that they will continue to vote ignorantly until the country crashes. That I know for sure. I hope otherwise, but this is Nigerians.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by JOemmy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
What did buhari even used the money for? He probably used it in building refineries in niger republic.

1 Like

Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Dear Sir, it's always good to do things, live life and form opinions based on REASONABLE analysis and FACTS. Anyone can get things wrong but that can only be justified in the absence of good information. Nigerians like to think being stubborn or having big university degrees somehow exempts anyone from the REALITIES AND LIMITATIONS of life.

(1) Nigerians were willfully ignorant. I lost MANY friends because of the 2015 election. For example, in 2013 there's a guy that worked in the accounts division of a major fuel marketing company that argued with me that Buhari was correct in stating that fuel subsidy didn't exist. That's a real story. How could he not know? I even went on the internet and PRINTED OUT the quarterly earnings report of his own company which showed how much the Federal Government paid them for fuel subsidy. Still he claimed fuel subsidy didn't exist.

Ignorance is not an excuse, but how about someone who is EDUCATED and actually works in a role where they should know?

Second is another friend I told I didn't trust Buhari because he liked to pose as a simple patriot when all his family and even he himself, basically lived abroad in UK and Spain. Another story.

(2) Yes, I do. All anyone had to do was examine Buhari's history as a public official. President Buhari AND Ibrahim Babangida made speeches in Kano at the 10th memorial of Abacha's death, around 2009 or so. They both claimed President Abacha never stole from Nigeria. Interestingly, IBB later came out and APOLOGIZED for his own speech, saying so many people faulted him for it that he went back and examined the records and found he was wrong.

Buhari has never apologized. Why would anyone vote for Buhari in 2015? It's crazy.

(3) Nigerians will do NOTHING, even if it's revealed that Buhari STOLE the entire federal budget. What did Nigerians do to Abacha?

I repeat, Nigerians are to blame for their national travails. My own betting is that they will continue to vote ignorantly until the country crashes. That I know for sure. I hope otherwise, but this is Nigerians.

This one choke o cheesy

You have every right to be angry at your friends for ignoring your enlightenment but let me put a caveat. On subsidy, buhari was both right and wrong. A part of subsidy exists. Another part does not exist. I'm sure you're well informed enough to know what I'm saying. So he only played on the emotions of the moment. If I say subsidy does not exist. I can prove it. If I say it exists, I can also prove it.

But while you're angry with your friends, let me point something out to you about the Kano example you gave. Note that buhari doubled down on that rhetoric as civilian president. He still claimed Abacha never stole public funds even while receiving Abacha loots from foreign nations.
In that same Kano, he got bloc votes twice!! Now, you can check it. Majority of where buhari has popularity is the largely illiterate and poor northerners who see him as one of them. One of such people told me buhari does not have a million in his account. cheesy

What I'm pointing out is there's a critical mass of uninformed and ignorant Nigerians who are being preyed upon by the political class to advance their own interests. Your friends above, I'm sure would have been remorseful by 2019 and voted otherwise. But it made no difference because the poor and illiterate up north simply doubled down on their support while the SW bigwigs were ready to sacrifice four more years of misgovernment to get their hands on the job.
It's politics not maths. The equations are never the same. Interests matters and they never lie.

So when you blame Nigerians, it's a little bit funny because you're blaming the dead body for attending its funeral. Does it have a choice?
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by armadeo(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
Tochi3:
A prudent man in the person of PO will take care of the nonsense APCshit & poo'hari got Nigeria into...

Vote wisely

Guy the next president is already in trouble. Better wahala dey front we haven't seen it yet.

Whoever wins might drown under the weight of the disaster buhari has performed on this country.

Peter Obi would not be able to perform the miracle we need. The brutal level of efficiency required for progress might be beyond him. Atiku and tinubu just want to ball on the countries finances.

We need a benevolent dictator.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by eldoradoxx: 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
Planning to vote APC for President ? Think again after reading this. The truth is that the brains in APC government of Buhari are the same that Tinubu hopes to use. There is nobody new that Tinubu has to offer Nigeria better than what Buhari has, Tinubu 's boys are working for Buhari now, so it is a continuation of the same group of leaders that failed Nigeria, that is why we have collective duty to vote out APC across all level. How ways and means CBN loans to Federal Government rose from less than 700 billion naira in 2015 to 23 trillion in 2023 shows the quality of idiotsa APC government. PDP that we claimed failed did not fail at this shameful degree.
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by grandstar(m): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
dyera:
Proceeds from oil boom during the Libya crisis in 2011 was enough to fund the national budget and save in the excess crude oil account. But proceeds from oil boom during Russian/Ukraine war is not enough to fund the national budget let alone save in the ECA account.

Why?

Simple, Buhari is doing the same thing that is done in Lagos state where they loot the IGR and borrow money to execute projects. Under Buhari, revenue from oil boom is looted completely, reason why Buhari intends to borrow 21 trillion naira which is the total amount of money needed to fund the 2023 national budget.

Lagos state and the federal government are different.

Buhari is frankly speaking, incompetent.

His refusal to cut spending and end splurge is due to the weak institutions that could not put their foot down: the CBN and ministry of finance.

Emefiele is especially the most guilty of this. He allowed the president to dictate the value of the Naira which is the primary reason why the official rate is 440 and the black market 740. Since the CBN has autonomy, he could have told the president off. He was timid

Buhari refused to reduce the size of the civil service by cutting down its size and also refused to end oil subsidies and deregulate the price. He didn't even privatize a single government owned company.

Buhari's refusal to take tough decisions is what the economy is paying for today. The Naira should be at least $1- N460 in black market.
Buhari's grand incompetence is what the entire nation is suffering from today
Re: How CBN Loans To Buhari Government Climbed 2,900% In 7 Years In Violation Of Law by IbeOkehie: 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Majority of where buhari has popularity is the largely illiterate and poor northerners who see him as one of them.

Not true. As at 2015, Buhari had a lot of supporters even in the South East and South South. I grew up in Imo State, I always heard people talking about him with fondness for his supposed honesty and discipline.

Most educated people in the South generally also voted for Buhari and against Jonathan. Never mind the later day revisionism.

Anyway Nigerians have the government they deserve. My bet is they will elect and accept Tinubu as President come May 29.

Have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secession - Option B - Creation Of Southern Nigerian State / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Philip Agbese: The North Is Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.