Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages (35837 Views)

Lady Sacked For Telling Her Best Friend To Stop Dating Her Boss / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant / Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by LegalWolf: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrvitalis:
This was an easy case
Truly only regional system can work on Nigeria

What has this got to do with regional system for God sake? Hope you know this happened in the enlightened “South”?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by dazzlingd(m): 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
Johnthejohn:
Why did they sack her in the first place The last time i checked, it is the duty of women to get pregnant and born babies anyday anytime, once in a year undecided

Lol
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
LegalWolf:

What has this got to do with regional system for God sake? Hope you know this happened in the enlightened “South”?
Because the rule was inserted in the first place to satisfy the conservative north

Every issue in Nigeria can be traced to our structure

.every single problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Sltp: 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2023
I love this judgement. It's completely sexist and discriminatory.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Kavod: 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrvitalis:
This was an easy case
NOTHING CAN WORK AGAIN.... OK IMAGINE WARRI A COUNTRY..... WHO WOULD LISTEN TO WHO? URHOBO WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO ISTEKIRI, NEITHER WOULD IJAW SUCCUMB TO KWALE OR ISOKO.. OK BENIN A COUNTRY..... BINI PEOPLE WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO ISHAN AND AUCHI WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO THEIR ISHAN COUNTERPART. NA NORTH? THE CHRISTIANS WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO MOSLEMS AND EVEN THE SHITES WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO OTHER MOSLEMS.
NA EAST? THATS THE WORST OF ALL.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by zcee: 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:

Don't mind the hypocrital religious bigots. Once men see a single mother, or a young woman pregnant out of wedlock, they immediately starting forming jesuits. They will conviently forget the fact that they engage in extramarital affairs, and see the woman as dirty and dangerous. This they do, because they detest and hate strong independent women, and see a woman who doesn't want the help of a man as a poison pod of cocoa that will infect the whole flock
The worst is that these set of people patronise ashawo 24/7
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Blakjewelry(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:
Very good. This is what I call justice. The men in Nigeria have overnight become women hating misogynistic ediots!
Do you have a boyfriend?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kavod:

NOTHING CAN WORK AGAIN.... OK IMAGINE WARRI A COUNTRY..... WHO WOULD LISTEN TO WHO? URHOBO WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO ISTEKIRI, NEITHER WOULD IJAW SUCCUMB TO KWALE OR ISOKO.. OK BENIN A COUNTRY..... BINI PEOPLE WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO ISHAN AND AUCHI WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO THEIR ISHAN COUNTERPART. NA NORTH? THE CHRISTIANS WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO MOSLEMS AND EVEN THE SHITES WOULD NEVER SUCCUMB TO OTHER MOSLEMS.
NA EAST? THATS THE WORST OF ALL.
Warri is artificial , urhrobo , ishekiri , Bini ishan all can be sure federating unit to the national federating unit of mid west

Every one of them controls their resources , control their land , and police themselves

It's won't be ishekiri man's problem of uhrobo can't give themselves education ,good health system and electricity and two urhrobo can't blame anyone

Let me ask you a question which is easier

Uhrobo coming together for development of urhrobo

And Nigerians coming together for betterment of Nigeria
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by ganisucks(f): 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
zcee:

The worst is that these set of people patronise ashawo 24/7
Well, I understand your angle. But I don't like using that word. I also dont like patronizing any thought that puts down women manipulated and forced into tight spots for the satisfaction of the male ego.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by ganisucks(f): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Blakjewelry:
Do you have a boyfriend?
What does that have to do with anything?! Focus on the message and forget about the messenger.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Gkay1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Congratulations to her
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by israelmao(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
It's good to keep abreast of the law of organization which one belongs and its consequences now she was not reinstated but only got 5m damages,she has lost a lifelong career due to indiscipline.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Solocoin: 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
I comment her effort for fighting for her right. Why sacking her and leave the man who impregnated her.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Pauladex(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nigeria will never pay her till year 5050
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by MaverickA3: 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
I feel sorry for her but unfortunately it was a result of her ignorance. While on probation, you are not fully an officer because you haven't been gazette into the public service. She getting pregnant while on probation is the same thing as being pregnant as an applicant,(mind you, no force will recruit a pregnant applicant).

Aggrieved by her sacking, Omolola challenged her dismissal on the ground that the police authorities had discriminated against her since her male counterparts are not dismissed in similar circumstances.

On the bolded, it is totally different, except it was an unmarried Police officer that got her pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Deeprooted: 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrvitalis:
This was an easy case

very correct of you!

The north can go ahead with their Boko Haramism and Hisba while the South develop
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by ofuonyebi: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Honestly our Laws should begin to have some sane human face like this one...

we cannot continue to live like a nation destined to die in a Limbo!
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by CodeTemplar: 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
Africans and their palmwine plus kolanut attitude enh. That's judgement was a shitty one from the onset. I support the overturning.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Yankee101: 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2023
Once it violates the constitution it’s null and void
It’s discrimination against women
Jesus wouldn’t do that
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Deeprooted:

very correct of you!

The north can go ahead with their Boko Haramism and Hisba while the South develop
Just like Sudan did when south Sudan left ...if Nigeria go back to regional system I can bet no region would practice Sharia ...northern Nigeria would disband Shakira instantly
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by bewise24: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
Yankee101:
Once it violates the constitution it’s null and void
It’s discrimination against women
Jesus wouldn’t do that

CAN WE SAY THAT MATERNITY LEAVE FOR POLICEWOMEN IS DISCRIMINATORY SINCE MEN DO NOT ENJOY SUCH LEAVE?

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by ElijahIme1992(m): 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
All these single woman dat can't keep their legs closed, be jumping from one bed to another... Tell Dem to be a virgin dey will attack you now see dis, one she don turn baby mama.... Dat female judge no well 5 million for wetin na, abi na federal government be her baby daddy?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mmsen: 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2023
gimakon:
So these women day collect Dick___
Ehnnn? I dinnor know o...

You sound jealous.

You should ask for what you want. Closed mouth does not get fed. Neither does a closed nyansh. lipsrsealed
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
mmsen:

You sound jealous.

You should ask for what you want. Closed mouth does not get fed. Neither does a closed nyansh. lipsrsealed

Gerrarahia mehn..
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Yankee101: 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2023
bewise24:

CAN WE SAY THAT MATERNITY LEAVE FOR POLICEWOMEN IS DISCRIMINATORY SINCE MEN DO NOT ENJOY SUCH LEAVE?

Men enjoy maternity now

Next point?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by PrinceGallant: 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
To be honest, that law is discriminatory.

However, that law is very good and must be maintained. Police are expected to maintain law and order. Sex outside marriage is not in order, rather it is deviance from our social values and norms. Worse is the case when a police officer engages in such, what if such officer rises to the position of DPO, how would she/he settle a case of impregnation when parents of the two sexual parties are not comfortable with it?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by IamANigerianMan: 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
israelmao:
It's good to keep abreast of the law of organization which one belongs and its consequences now she was not reinstated but only got 5m damages,she has lost a lifelong career due to indiscipline.
Nobody will pay her chichi every organisation has their rules and regulations ,if you are not ok with it just go, if they allow the RUBISH everybody police women will be doing it.. just this week American police dismissed 5 cop for sex related offences .. If your TOTO cannot stay for one place, she should open Ashawo shop instead of joining police.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Bluntemperor: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
Johnthejohn:
Why did they sack her in the first place The last time i checked, it is the duty of women to get pregnant and born babies anyday anytime, once in a year undecided

Beautiful Judgement!
The Judge in Ekiti in this Case is thoroughly upbeat and know what the law is ' what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander '
Also the inconsistency in law!
Hope the Nigerian Police will not be wasting their time to the Appeal Court,under flimsy excuses because its Nigeria way!
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by LookinguntoGod: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
She should go enjoy d #5m as it's enough for her to set up a business,
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by IamANigerianMan: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2023
PrinceGallant:
To be honest, that law is discriminatory.

However, that law is very good and must be maintained. Police are expected to maintain law and order. Sex outside marriage is not in order, rather it is deviance from our social values and norms. Worse is the case when a police officer engages in such, what if such officer rises to the position of DPO, how would she/he settle a case of impregnation when parents of the two sexual parties are not comfortable with it?
Women are entitled to 4 month leave after given birth but men are not , this is force for God sake but people like you supported American police that dismissed 5 cop with the same sex offence related just this week... The girl is indiscipline, if you are not ok with it,please open shop for her to be selling her TOTO since you think this is the best for her.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Kavod: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrvitalis:

Warri is artificial , urhrobo , ishekiri , Bini ishan all can be sure federating unit to the national federating unit of mid west

Every one of them controls their resources , control their land , and police themselves

It's won't be ishekiri man's problem of uhrobo can't give themselves education ,good health system and electricity and two urhrobo can't blame anyone

Let me ask you a question which is easier

Uhrobo coming together for development of urhrobo

And Nigerians coming together for betterment of Nigeria

Both are the same heartache... Imagine allowing governor's to have state Police.... LMAO...... THATS THE GOVERNOR'S WOULD INSTALL HIS POLICE COMMISSIONER AND ETC ETC.... �... No opposition would ever stand a chance, it would be dictatorship at its peak.

It gets to a time you should know when a STATE was at its origin IS a failed state. It was done by the British.. THEY NEED IT LIKE THIS.

Compare Nigeria to Ethiopia..... Who has more RESOURCES?

It was made to fail... Hence they started with religion. Sent Catholics to some parts, Anglicans to another, protestant to some region, Moslems to some regions... Etc etc... They don't want to account for their steady looting and oppression, so they made sure it is a nation which can never be accountable.

THERE WAS SOMEONE WHO SAID THESE WORDS, CANT REALLY REMEMBER HIS NAME... IT GOES LIKE THIS..... IF YOU WANT TO FAIL IN LIFE THEN GATHER BLACK PEOPLE TO ONE SINGLE PURPOSE. ITS TRUE........

SEE IF THEY ALLOW STATE POLICE ALONE THEN IT WOULD BE MORNACHY..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.