Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages (35834 Views)

Lady Sacked For Telling Her Best Friend To Stop Dating Her Boss / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant / Lady Sacked For Not Sleeping With Her Indian Boss, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by LegalWolf: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
mrvitalis:

Because the rule was inserted in the first place to satisfy the conservative north

Every issue in Nigeria can be traced to our structure

.every single problem

Where did you get this from? Who was the IG that signed the regulation?

Is it only Northern men that impregnates women without getting married?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Dybala11(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:
Very good. This is what I call justice. The men in Nigeria have overnight become women hating misogynistic ediots!
Are you saying that the stupid law was added to the code of the police force by men in recent years?
What if the law has been there for 20 years or more??
It's not an issue of misogyny really, it's an issue of double standards as found in the African society. A woman who loves to have multiple sexual partner is generally considered a LovePeddler, while a man that does same is often given a pass. Don't forget also that polygamy is deeply rooted in the African marriage culture too.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Dybala11(m): 10:14pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:

Don't mind the hypocrital religious bigots. Once men see a single mother, or a young woman pregnant out of wedlock, they immediately starting forming jesuits. They will conviently forget the fact that they engage in extramarital affairs, and see the woman as dirty and dangerous. This they do, because they detest and hate strong independent women, and see a woman who doesn't want the help of a man as a poison pod of cocoa that will infect the whole flock
How does getting pregnant outside wedlock have to do with not wanting the help of a man??
Inasmuch as those lots are wrong, you're also displaying a mindset similar to theirs. It's difficult to see a woman that'll reject a man's help though, especially in Nigeria. Once a Nigerian girl suspects that you have it in thought to woo her laidis, then you're one of her debtor. This might not be true for every girl, buy that's literally a norm in this country.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Fearlez: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:

Don't mind the hypocrital religious bigots. Once men see a single mother, or a young woman pregnant out of wedlock, they immediately starting forming jesuits. They will conviently forget the fact that they engage in extramarital affairs, and see the woman as dirty and dangerous. This they do, because they detest and hate strong independent women, and see a woman who doesn't want the help of a man as a poison pod of cocoa that will infect the whole flock
do not be pregnant and stupid at the same time.

Nothing will kill a woman faster than modernity. Nobody is a afraid of independent woman . They are not just romantic and very unfuckable.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by PlanktonX: 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
huptin:
It applied to unmarried women who got pregnant but not to men who get people pregnant when they are unmarried.....absolutely discriminatory!

Right judgement

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by bekpo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:
Very good. This is what I call justice. The men in Nigeria have overnight become women hating misogynistic ediots!

Is that ur pix on ur profile?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Wickedfact: 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
ganisucks:

Well, I understand your angle. But I don't like using that word. I also dont like patronizing any thought that puts down women manipulated and forced into tight spots for the satisfaction of the male ego.

Most women are ashawo as a matter of choice. No need to drag men into this nonsense.

Most of your actresses, BBN ladies and Instagram baddies are prostitutes. Men aren't forcing them, greed and stupidity is. Na ashawo them be
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by seunayantokun(m): 10:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Justice + injustice = injustice

You are wrongly sacked and must be paid damages - Justice

You remain sacked, it will not be reversed - injustice.

The police authorities have won and can always sack women on probation. The supreme court has to look at it.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Bluffly: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2023
huptin:
It applied to unmarried women who got pregnant but not to men who get people pregnant when they are unmarried.....absolutely discriminatory!
While pondering over this issue, will it be discriminatory for a male officer whose wife is pregnant to still be assigned duties and a pregnant female officer to be excused from quite a number of duties?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Bluffly: 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
Dybala11:

Are you saying that the stupid law was added to the code of the police force by men in recent years?
What if the law has been there for 20 years or more??
It's not an issue of misogyny really, it's an issue of double standards as found in the African society. A woman who loves to have multiple sexual partner is generally considered a LovePeddler, while a man that does same is often given a pass. Don't forget also that polygamy is deeply rooted in the African marriage culture too.
The earlier we understand that no two side are the same the better for the society.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Kekydiv(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
As they said “unmarried cop” I tot it was abroad news had it been they said “policewoman” I wouldn’t have bothered to read the thread cuz I know it will be a useless post cuz we don’t have cop in Nigeria,
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Skmoda360(m): 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
Berrityga:
Is the 5m for abortion?

Shey aare mu ehn ni.....you normal so...
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Luckysbab: 12:06am On Jan 12, 2023
ganisucks:

How does your point even make any sense?

How does childbirth portray your strength as an "independent woman"?

How old are you sef?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Trails004: 12:31am On Jan 12, 2023
Touching��
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Blakjewelry(m): 1:08am On Jan 12, 2023
ganisucks:

What does that have to do with anything?!
Focus on the message and forget about the messenger.
LOL since you use the word Nigeria men, it got me thinking if you are dating one of such men. Because the average Nigerian guy have the same mentally of the Nigerian women which I usually disagree because I believe people differs and I take each individual as they come.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by faceLAGOS: 1:47am On Jan 12, 2023
I don’t know why women won’t face the home making and baby making work they have been naturally assigned to.

Why should a sensitive job like force have a pregnant woman, still come be outside wedlock?

Seriously, she should be dismissed.

One foolish & simple judge still ruled that she should be compensated.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by zeyheed(m): 2:39am On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:

What is discriminatory here sir? undecided...

A male police officer who gets a woman pregnant can still go about and effectively carry out his duties as a police officer, but can a pregnant police officer do that? undecided... - The answer is NO!!!!!

Let's be real here...
Men and women aren't the same, and so we don't play by the same rules so trying to put us all into one box is BS! undecided...

The whole principle of "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" doesn't always apply in all cases undecided...

And besides, since you and other people think that this is discriminatory, why didn't y'all also wail like this during the Russia- Ukrainian war? undecided...

Why didn't females sue the court for "discriminating" against them during the war? undecided...

Why wasn't the whole, "good for the goose, good for the gander" propaganda pushed as vehemently as this? undecided...

See eh ...
One thing I've noticed is that women only complain about "unfairness" and "double standards" when it appears to not favour them undecided...

But once it's in their best interest, they're all cool with it undecided...

Well I'm not surprised, na their way be that undecided...

Lemme end by saying this...
We should stop looking at people as male and female or seek to go the path of inclusion in the work force undecided...

But rather we should focus on efficiency and effectiveness in dispensing our duties. undecided ..

And once anyone, be it male or female shows any sign of inefficiency, they should be dropped like hot coal undecided...
This is the best reply so far, I've been wanting to post same comment but lazy to type because it would be much lol.
[b][/b] besides, a married police woman would be entitled to marital and maternity leave because they know she's married And pregnant but how about when she's not pregnant? There wont be leave pertaining to marriage and this will definitely affect her job as a security personnel but a man will always work because he's not carrying the pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by adecz: 3:11am On Jan 12, 2023
A totally nonsense judgement❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

A policeman impregnating a woman
outside wedlock doesn't affect his job
or performance.

On the other hand, if A policewoman gets pregnant outside wedlock, her condition
will affect her job.

Policemen should now go to court to ask for
maternity leave when their wives give
birth since their own married female
policewomen are given maternity live
when they give birth .. tit for tat ☑️☑️☑️☺️☺️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Aurelius1(m): 5:23am On Jan 12, 2023
Kekydiv:
As they said “unmarried cop” I tot it was abroad news had it been they said “policewoman” I wouldn’t have bothered to read the thread cuz I know it will be a useless post cuz we don’t have cop in Nigeria,
In Nigeria we have "olopa", while abroad we have "cop". Cops are those cute looking , well fed policemen you see in advanced countries. While olokpa are those gaunt or pot bellied policemen holding rusty AKs you see in Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 5:31am On Jan 12, 2023
LegalWolf:

Where did you get this from? Who was the IG that signed the regulation?

Is it only Northern men that impregnates women without getting married?
A Southern IG can sign it makes no difference
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2023
Kavod:

Both are the same heartache... Imagine allowing governor's to have state Police.... LMAO...... THATS THE GOVERNOR'S WOULD INSTALL HIS POLICE COMMISSIONER AND ETC ETC.... �... No opposition would ever stand a chance, it would be dictatorship at its peak.

It gets to a time you should know when a STATE was at its origin IS a failed state. It was done by the British.. THEY NEED IT LIKE THIS.

Compare Nigeria to Ethiopia..... Who has more RESOURCES?

It was made to fail... Hence they started with religion. Sent Catholics to some parts, Anglicans to another, protestant to some region, Moslems to some regions... Etc etc... They don't want to account for their steady looting and oppression, so they made sure it is a nation which can never be accountable.

THERE WAS SOMEONE WHO SAID THESE WORDS, CANT REALLY REMEMBER HIS NAME... IT GOES LIKE THIS..... IF YOU WANT TO FAIL IN LIFE THEN GATHER BLACK PEOPLE TO ONE SINGLE PURPOSE. ITS TRUE........

SEE IF THEY ALLOW STATE POLICE ALONE THEN IT WOULD BE MORNACHY..

Oga did you read what I wrote at all no us talking about states ,?
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 5:33am On Jan 12, 2023
Kavod:

Both are the same heartache... Imagine allowing governor's to have state Police.... LMAO...... THATS THE GOVERNOR'S WOULD INSTALL HIS POLICE COMMISSIONER AND ETC ETC.... �... No opposition would ever stand a chance, it would be dictatorship at its peak.

It gets to a time you should know when a STATE was at its origin IS a failed state. It was done by the British.. THEY NEED IT LIKE THIS.

Compare Nigeria to Ethiopia..... Who has more RESOURCES?

It was made to fail... Hence they started with religion. Sent Catholics to some parts, Anglicans to another, protestant to some region, Moslems to some regions... Etc etc... They don't want to account for their steady looting and oppression, so they made sure it is a nation which can never be accountable.

THERE WAS SOMEONE WHO SAID THESE WORDS, CANT REALLY REMEMBER HIS NAME... IT GOES LIKE THIS..... IF YOU WANT TO FAIL IN LIFE THEN GATHER BLACK PEOPLE TO ONE SINGLE PURPOSE. ITS TRUE........

SEE IF THEY ALLOW STATE POLICE ALONE THEN IT WOULD BE MORNACHY..

Ethiopia practice regional system each region have their own army even
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Okudiover(m): 5:34am On Jan 12, 2023
Fahvvy:

What is discriminatory here sir? undecided...

A male police officer who gets a woman pregnant can still go about and effectively carry out his duties as a police officer, but can a pregnant police officer do that? undecided... - The answer is NO!!!!!

Let's be real here...
Men and women aren't the same, and so we don't play by the same rules so trying to put us all into one box is BS! undecided...

The whole principle of "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" doesn't always apply in all cases undecided...

And besides, since you and other people think that this is discriminatory, why didn't y'all also wail like this during the Russia- Ukrainian war? undecided...

Why didn't females sue the court for "discriminating" against them during the war? undecided...

Why wasn't the whole, "good for the goose, good for the gander" propaganda pushed as vehemently as this? undecided...

See eh ...
One thing I've noticed is that women only complain about "unfairness" and "double standards" when it appears to not favour them undecided...

But once it's in their best interest, they're all cool with it undecided...

Well I'm not surprised, na their way be that undecided...

Lemme end by saying this...
We should stop looking at people as male and female or seek to go the path of inclusion in the work force undecided...

But rather we should focus on efficiency and effectiveness in dispensing our duties. undecided ..

And once anyone, be it male or female shows any sign of inefficiency, they should be dropped like hot coal undecided...

Na people like you dey fail exam despite this long handout you have written. What is the nexus between the Russian/Ukraine War with what you have written? Again you talked about focusing on efficiency and effectiveness in dispensing duties. Was that the bone of contention here? Did the Nigerian Police Force sack the woman for inefficiency? Is it not the same 9 months pregnancy that both married and unmarried police women carry? Is it not a fact that any law that contradicts the constitution is jettisoned as Nigerian law has it? Don't tell me you don't have lawyers as friends or relations.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Fahvvy: 7:26am On Jan 12, 2023
Okudiover:

Na people like you dey fail exam despite this long handout you have written. What is the nexus between the Russian/Ukraine War with what you have written? Again you talked about focusing on efficiency and effectiveness in dispensing duties. Was that the bone of contention here? Did the Nigerian Police Force sack the woman for inefficiency? Is it not the same 9 months pregnancy that both married and unmarried police women carry? Is it not a fact that any law that contradicts the constitution is jettisoned as Nigerian law has it? Don't tell me you don't have lawyers as friends or relations.

Read my earlier write-up again undecided...
This time do it sl-o-wly undecided...
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by LegalWolf: 8:22am On Jan 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

A Southern IG can sign it makes no difference

May God save you from yourself…
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Kavod: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Oga did you read what I wrote at all no us talking about states ,?
You mean south east, south south, north east, southwest etc etc?

What the difference?

IT WON'T STILL WORK.. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN WORK IS THE REHABILITATION OF THE BLACK MAN.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by slimfit1(m): 10:18am On Jan 12, 2023
LegalWolf:

What has this got to do with regional system for God sake? Hope you know this happened in the enlightened “South”?

The personnel who sacked her is probably a northern officer.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 10:55am On Jan 12, 2023
Kavod:

You mean south east, south south, north east, southwest etc etc?

What the difference?

IT WON'T STILL WORK.. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN WORK IS THE REHABILITATION OF THE BLACK MAN.

Europe fought themselves for over 1000 till them formed state along ethnic lines and in their own terms

What I'm saying is every ethnic nationalities in Nigeria should have control of their land resources and police simple ...rule yourself what ever way you seem fit

Simple ...if any ethnic group can't develop themselves it won't affect anyone then them simple
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by Kavod: 11:28am On Jan 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Europe fought themselves for over 1000 till them formed state along ethnic lines and in their own terms

What I'm saying is every ethnic nationalities in Nigeria should have control of their land resources and police simple ...rule yourself what ever way you seem fit

Simple ...if any ethnic group can't develop themselves it won't affect anyone then them simple
WELL YOU MAY BE RIGHT.... BUT THE RESOURCES ARE NOT ON A LEVEL PLAIN. IF SOUTH SOUTH HAVE THE OILS, THATS ALMOST TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS MONTHLY. WHAT DO NORTH NORTH HAVE? WHICH IS WAY BIGGER IN POPULATION AND LAND MASS. THEN SOUTH EAST TOO HAVE ENOUGH OIL THAT CAN LAST 1000 YEARS TOO. WHAT DO THE WEST HAVE OTHER THAN LAGOS SEAPORT? NOTE... WITH THAT KIND OF RESOURCES IT WONT TAKE THE SOUTH SOUTH AND EAST TO BUILD A FAR BETTER SEAPORT. GOLD ALONE CANT SUSTAIN NORTH EAST. ITS NOT JUST BALANCED HENCE THE SAME OPPRESSION WOULD CONTINUE. YOU KNOW WHY? VERY SOON THE SOUTH WOULD START INVESTING HEAVILY IN THE WEST AND NORTH, REFINARIES, HOTELS LANDS, MEGA COMPANIES AND SOON THEY WOULD GO AFTER THE GOLD AND OTHER MINERAL RESOURCES IN THE SAME WEST AND NORTH. BECAUSE THEY HAVE UNLIMITED FINANCIAL POWER. CHECK AM OUT.... WE BOTH KNOW MANS WANTS AND NEEDS ARE UNLIMITED
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by enonche85(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2023
Johnthejohn:
Why did they sack her in the first place The last time i checked, it is the duty of women to get pregnant and born babies anyday anytime, once in a year undecided

Don't mind them. But a policeman can impregnate someone and still keeps his job.
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by mrvitalis(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2023
Kavod:

WELL YOU MAY BE RIGHT.... BUT THE RESOURCES ARE NOT ON A LEVEL PLAIN. IF SOUTH SOUTH HAVE THE OILS, THATS ALMOST TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS MONTHLY. WHAT DO NORTH NORTH HAVE? WHICH IS WAY BIGGER IN POPULATION AND LAND MASS. THEN SOUTH EAST TOO HAVE ENOUGH OIL THAT CAN LAST 1000 YEARS TOO. WHAT DO THE WEST HAVE OTHER THAN LAGOS SEAPORT? NOTE... WITH THAT KIND OF RESOURCES IT WONT TAKE THE SOUTH SOUTH AND EAST TO BUILD A FAR BETTER SEAPORT. GOLD ALONE CANT SUSTAIN NORTH EAST. ITS NOT JUST BALANCED HENCE THE SAME OPPRESSION WOULD CONTINUE. YOU KNOW WHY? VERY SOON THE SOUTH WOULD START INVESTING HEAVILY IN THE WEST AND NORTH, REFINARIES, HOTELS LANDS, MEGA COMPANIES AND SOON THEY WOULD GO AFTER THE GOLD AND OTHER MINERAL RESOURCES IN THE SAME WEST AND NORTH. BECAUSE THEY HAVE UNLIMITED FINANCIAL POWER. CHECK AM OUT.... WE BOTH KNOW MANS WANTS AND NEEDS ARE UNLIMITED
Life is not fair , every single region in Nigeria have what can earn them enough to be comfortable every single one with zero exceptions

If north west had control of their land, they can go into massive agro industries , rice , beans , ginger , Zoho , dates ...they would be open to investors so they would make their place hospitable

Igbos would be encouraged to come n lease land n farm Igbos won't be seen as enemies but partners in development

The best way to unite Nigeria is to break it apart
Re: Unmarried Cop Sacked For Getting Pregnant Gets N5m Damages by oriyomzy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Earn money from the comfort of your home even while you sleep.
Register using the link below �
See withdrawals and how to recharge below �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.