Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans (4231 Views)

Buhari ‘ll Not Require Ministers To Publicly Declare Assets / Buhari Slams Iweala & Will Force Ministers To Declare Assets / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by pdozie: 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2011
Not a bad move and not late either. Like someone pointed out, this is how private organizations are run. Departmental heads come up with plans on how to achieve the company's goals. In this case the goal is the "transformation agenda".
The key thing is the ability to monitor & measure the set targets to know if they are met when due or not. And the other thing is the ability to ACT (in this case PUNISH) if the targets are not met.
If GEJ is able to PUNISH (via any means not excluding SACK) any of the ministers whose targets are not met on the agreed dates, it will be a significant turn around for the regime. The ministers will be under pressure to deliver. Same pressure will filter down to driectors, head of parastatals, unit heads laborers and clerks in one way or the other.

This I believe is one of Ngozi Iweala'a making - A welcome development
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by pdozie: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

It think you may be getting it wrong! I know our democracy in Nigeria is still early days, but in advanced democracies, the political leadership comes up with the best approach he/she thinks can solve a problem with the work arounds. The civil servants busy themselves with IMPLEMENTATION!
The ministers/secretaries (as you have in the US) are suppose to supervise the implementation by the core civil servants in the ministry while much or all of the ideas/policy formulation comes from the President leadership team which in Nigeria will involve/revolve around the office of the SFG.

Asking ministers to come up with plans shows GEJ wants to use 'expo' to pass an exam He never sat for!

What He could have done long long ago is have a serious brain storming session with his minister, draw up ideas then carry out impact assessment, thereafter draw up pseudo-frame work like statement of intent which you then throw to the press to keep them busy, while you draw the civil servants in to draw up detailed implementation strategy with specific delivery milestones and targets. This is what you then put out as part of your blue print/working document with which the citizen will hold you accountable.

In Nigeria, we like to do things the wrong way around hoping God will smile on us with a miracle!

Look at it this way;
It takes 3-6months to develop a wide scale far reaching idea into a working document. Asking ministers to come up with ideas now will mean thier ideas will only begin to see implementation towards the end of first quarter of next year.Should some of the ideas have an implementation life span of 3.5years, then with GEJ already one year into his 4years, most of the ideas will be at say 45% implementation when GEJ government handsover.

Lets face, the average challenge facing Nigeria today will require a minimum of 3years full scale implementation to have a 65% impact scale on the ordinary Nigeria. For example, none of the federal roads presently in bad shape can be fixed in 1.5years! 90% of them will require at least 3years of continuous work to make them any near international standard.

GEJ looks more a student who has never bothered studying for exams but He wants to come out first class! Typical Nigeria.

Again,I wish him well and hope he succeeds in transforming Nigeria for good even if it is 25% transformation!

neither you nor PointB is wrong. Rememeber this is the 1st time such is to be done in Nigeria History. I do not expect him to get it 100% for a start. Your 25% transformation is agreeable. if the next government after him will continue with the trend then it will surely come right
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by odomanis: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
I just want to remind you all that Mr.President has a programme for this country. He termed it transformation agenda. He has briefed all Nigerians on this transformation. He has equally briefed his cabinet on the objective of his administration. Now he wants them outline how they want to drive down this programme in their respective ministries if not for anything,at least to make sure that all the ministries are working towards the achievement of the Transformation Agenda.
Anybody who is informed or knowledgable about leadership will agree that this is a step in the right direction. Please people should be fair,brave and courageous enough to accept and commend a good deed when they see one. It is an act of Patrotism to do so. GEJ please carry on.no matter what they do to distract you, do not worry. Those who are behind you,love you and believe in your ability are more than your haters. Well done !!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2011
pdozie:

neither you nor PointB  is wrong. Rememeber this is the 1st time such is to be done in Nigeria History. I do not expect him to get it 100%  for a start. Your 25% transformation is agreeable. if the next government after him will continue with the trend then it will surely come right

That is not true!!! Please go back to LAST YEAR to see that he did about the same Last year when he urged all the Ministers to ensure they meet their goals etc.

Also, it is kind of customary for ministers to submit their PLANS when they take office. I mean DUH!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by 9jawear(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
That's the first thing they should have done when they were nominated, you should even select minister''s based on their vision and master plan, those that don't have master plans should not even be given the opportunity at all.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
9jawear:

That's the first thing they should have done when they were nominated, you should even select minister''s based on their vision and master plan, those that don't have master plans should not even be given the opportunity at all.

I believe that already happens. Only this news pretends to show that not to be the case, which is not true. The Communication minister, I believe, already showcased her plans to the nation, back sometime last month. I remember reading the Former Minister of Transports plan on the ministry website, same with Education.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by PointB: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I believe that already happens. Only this news pretends to show that not to be the case, which is not true. The Communication minister, I believe, already showcased her plans to the nation, back sometime last month. I remember reading the Former Minister of Transports plan on the ministry website, same with Education.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The President actually demanded for measurable and achievable plans from all the ministers. “Their targets will also include timelines within which they will implement those programmes. “Jonathan said he will not accept the usual flat proposals which successive ministers had indulged in. He felt that having been in charge of their respective ministries in the last two months, the ministers should be able to come up with concrete and realisable plans.

The bolded shows the difference between the old and the new ways of drafting the proposal. It's a markedly different from what according the GEJ, what they were used to doing before. Cut the the guy some slack!
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2011
PointB:

The bolded shows the difference between the old and the new ways of drafting the proposal. It's a markedly different from what according the GEJ, what they were used to doing before. Cut the the guy some slack!

um. . . .  Dora Akunyili's plan was equally measurable and achievable. You should have seen the plan. I don't understand how you would now conclude that they were not. Madame DUE PROCESS's Plans were also equally measurable and achievable(I was particularly excited about her plans back when she unveiled it). So again, we have had similar in the past.

Oh, I just had to add, Jonathan Goodluck himself also had a plan -- The power privatization plan(came with time lines and all). How is that timeline working so far? grin
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by pdozie: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2011
Give him a break. Then there was no economic team coordinator. Now we have one. The difference could be that the said timelines of the past were not tracked or measured. Now we are being meant to believe they will be. So lets give them a chance. Or what options do we have? Don't buy into their plans and then what?
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^ Do we need to create another office for Economic team Coordinator . . . I think that ought to be the question you should start with. We already have so many more ministerial offices than we really need, in my opinion.

Also, if the  'timelines of the past were not tracked or measured' then the plans themselves were not the problems, abi?

They already have the chance . . .  they have the job already. The report suggests that in the past this practise was not in place. To that I say not true. We have examples of ministerial plans from the past to show this.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^ Do we need to create another office for Economic team Coordinator . . . I think that ought to be the question you should start with. We already have so many more ministerial offices than we really need, in my opinion.

Also, if the  'timelines of the past were not tracked or measured' then the plans themselves were not the problems, abi?

They already have the chance . . .  they have the job already. The report suggests that in the past this practise was not in place. To that I say not true. We have examples of ministerial plans from the past to show this.

You have read my mind, the past 17 yrs have been laced with soo many failed projects besides the Finance/DMO and some Agencies such as NAFDAC and NDDC, which other minister or agency have brought out a Master-plan for the 1 yr talkless of 4 yrs
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by peleson: 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2011
ALL HATERS SHOULD KEEP DUMB, HE IS WORKING PERIOD, THOSE THAT SEEK FOR JOB SHOULD GO THROUGH www.1jobnigeria.com , it could help, pls ds guy that said he is an expert in drilling that put up his CV on this forum should try out this site,
ALL HATERS, OUR PRESIDENT IS WORKING, IF YOLU HAVE ANY ADVICE,GIVE IT AND DON'T SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR HIM TO TAKE STEP SO YOU CAN LAUNCH ATTACKS, BY THE WHOSE GAIN ISIT??
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by peleson: 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt , IT SEEMS YOU ARE HOPELESS AND FAITHLESS COMPLAINING LIKE ISRAELITES IN THE DESERT , YOU LOOK LIKE SOMEONE THAT BUILD ON NOTIN, ARE YOU LOOKING FOR MIRACLE?TRY BUILDING A CASTLE IN THE AIR,
@poetikalz, MY BROTHER,CHECKOUT THIS SITE,,,IT MAY BE HELPFUL TO YOU, NEVER GIVE UP AND DONT MIND THOSE CALLING ON MODERATORS TO CUT YOU TO SIZE, YOU WILL EXCEL IN YOUR QUEST EVEN BETTER ,
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by peleson: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by OmoTier1(m): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2011
peleson:

ALL HATERS SHOULD KEEP DUMB, HE IS WORKING PERIOD, THOSE THAT SEEK FOR JOB SHOULD GO THROUGH www.1jobnigeria.com , it could help, pls ds guy that said he is an expert in drilling that put up his CV on this forum should try out this site,
ALL HATERS, OUR PRESIDENT IS WORKING, IF YOLU HAVE ANY ADVICE,GIVE IT AND DON'T SIT BACK  AND WAIT FOR HIM TO TAKE STEP SO YOU CAN LAUNCH ATTACKS, BY THE  WHOSE GAIN ISIT??
No doubt,you and ma'Dame P went to the same school!!  
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by reindeer: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2011
GEJ: ''make all of una go submit ya proposals for the next 4years o''!
Ministers: ''Oga, we don already do am''
GEJ: ''Oya let me hear it''
Ministers:
Year 1- Set up committees to look into immediate and remote causes of Nigeria's backwardness, but Oga this stage is expensive o, it will cost billions
Year 2- Set up a second committee to review the results and recommendations of the first committee and suggest a way forward
Year 3- A final Committee to suggest means of executing the recommendations of the earlier commitee
Year 4- A re-election committee for you sir, they will also ensure people vote for you and not the PDP

GEJ: ''Wonderful! Thank God i got like minded people to work with, i am truly a genius to have selected all of you as my ministers. Now i will set up a super-committee to review what you have all brought forward and we take it from there''
He leaves the room smiling to himself''i am a genius, honestly i am a genius''
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
peleson:

@lagerwhenindoubt , IT SEEMS YOU ARE HOPELESS AND FAITHLESS COMPLAINING LIKE ISRAELITES  IN THE DESERT , YOU LOOK LIKE SOMEONE THAT BUILD ON NOTIN, ARE YOU LOOKING FOR MIRACLE?TRY BUILDING A CASTLE IN THE AIR,
@poetikalz, MY BROTHER,CHECKOUT THIS SITE,,,IT MAY BE HELPFUL TO YOU, NEVER GIVE UP AND DONT MIND THOSE CALLING ON MODERATORS TO CUT YOU TO SIZE, YOU WILL EXCEL IN YOUR QUEST EVEN BETTER ,

Please be proud that I bothered to reply you (The worth of F00ls is dignified by how many people pay attention to them)  -  I just wanted to say you suck gorilla-balls and I wish you the very unfortunate fate that awaits Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. in fact I wish you were in his shoes right now - unfortunately!! the clueless perambulator HAS NO SHOES!!! You F@#ckin RE@#@tard. say,  is that you @BEAF or is that you may_j_blige  grin
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by oshyno(m): 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hmmmm.Typical" e no go work"syndrom yet no alternative.
One thing I hv observed from GEJ is that he does not claim or act like him alone knows how to solve Nigeria's problem.OBJ's approach was setting up a panel for one thing n setting up another panel to monitor d first panel,and another to monitor d second panel.Panel after panel yet it didnt work soo well.

GEJ has come up with a different  approach.cut him some slack n let see if it  works out.
I think we should see it from the perspective that GEJ  wants to deviate from the usual approach to governance owing to Nigeria peculiar problem.GEJ knows there is power problem,education,road etc but do u expect him to know d best approach on fixing it ? Hell no.he has to consult technocrats in that field which he is doing tru the ministers.they will x-ray d best approach to solving it b4 he gives a go ahead order.  

GEJ is running d country like a business n any business man wants good returns.Me I like am like dat.I think we should not be holier than thou here.letz give him a chance.if his approach is not ok we will vote him out come 2015ie if he  re-contest.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by reindeer: 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2011
it is true o
let's give him 200years to turn nija around.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
Kx:

It should have been the other way i.e Jonathan hands down targets and road map to his ministers (for crying out loud, they are your "appointees"wink
However, bottom down approach not bad too, although it could be interpreted that the man at d top does nt seem to know what he intends to achieve ab initio.
Good move all d same, at all at all naim bad pass.

I subscribe to that!!! If he does have a plan to transform things, then he should be the one handing down orders on what needs to be done, not the other way around. grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by baslone: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2011
reindeer:

GEJ: ''make all of una go submit ya proposals for the next 4years o''!
Ministers: ''Oga, we don already do am''
GEJ: ''Oya let me hear it''
Ministers:
Year 1- Set up committees to look into immediate and remote causes of Nigeria's backwardness, but Oga this stage is expensive o, it will cost billions
Year 2- Set up a second committee to review the results and recommendations of the first committee and suggest a way forward
Year 3- A final Committee to suggest means of executing the recommendations of the earlier commitee
Year 4- A re-election committee for you sir, they will also ensure people vote for you and not the PDP

GEJ: ''Wonderful! Thank God i got like minded people to work with, i am truly a genius to have selected all of you as my ministers. Now i will set up a super-committee to review what you have all brought forward and we take it from there''
He leaves the room smiling to himself''i am a genius, honestly i am a genius''

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Then after that House of Rep will set up a panel to probe irregularities in the distribution of the billions! grin
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by sheriffman(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2011
I believe this is a wrong approach coming after 100days.
I will prefer the nominations of ministerial appointments to be based on professionalism and Competence not just political appointments and also attached with a portfolio at the point of sending the names to the senate for screening. Then let it be two people per post at the point of screening. This way the senators can then ask specific questions relating to that ministry and how the ministerial nominee hopes to make changes and then after screening two people for the same post the better one of them should be made a minister while the others are then reshuffled into the other ministries and not necessarily ministers of states in that ministry. If this approach is taken, the ministers knows beforehand where he will be posted to and must have an action plan even before starting the job even if he needs to fine tune the plan after resumption it will not take long. This way we can then judge the ministers performance based on what he promised at the screening. It’s like making them to tell us their manifestos if they are posted to Bleep ministry.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by peleson: 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt, who cares what bullshit booms out of your stinking buccal cavity , proud fool, is brutal criticism the only way to express your freedom speechno word of yours is implementable, sick ass brain, keep mute if you have got notin to say ok
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:28pm On Sep 06, 2011
peleson:

@lagerwhenindoubt, who cares what bullshit booms out of your stinking buccal cavity , proud fool, is brutal criticism the only way to express your freedom speechno word of yours is implementable, sick Bottom brain, keep mute if you have got notin to say ok

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin please tell me you are not a comedian, cos you rock! really Mr. Peleson Wise
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by 1luvkipsus: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
Is this demand in addition to his own 4-yr-plans for the ministries?i'm asking because i don't see the ministers, some of whom never knew they would be ministers, having a 4-yr-plans within this short period of their appointments.Their appointments is actually to implement GEJ's plans which he promised during his electioneering campaign.
Re: Jonathan Orders Ministers To Submit Four-year Plans by boy4: 7:05am On Jul 15, 2014
How to defeat the culture of election malpractices in Osun state and Nigeria at large with our unique spy video gadgets that monitors, secure, protection, spy on any activities and keep the evidence for future uses. call 08158754106, 08083809070 now to place order .deliver, brand this products at your request
video camera watch:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy pen:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy face cap:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy sunglasses:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy wall clock:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy id card holder:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy car key holder:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy wall picture frame:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy T-shirt button:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy SHIRT Tie:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy wall switch:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
spy wall socket:it has a hidden camera for spy recording
4 AND 8 CHANNELS CCTV RECORDING SYSTEM WITH INTERNET AND 3G PHONE VIEWING: this is a cctv type that allows you to view you homw offices etc from anywhere through your phone, monitor or HDMI tv. its the latest cctv in Europe and America.
wireless and wired video door phone: it helps you to spy or foresee who is knocking at your door, gate before you open to allow the person in.
we also have wireless intercom phone system for free internal calls, no installation, no cable, no charges, just plug and start calls, extendable to 100 units, and ranges about 300m wirelessly.
we also have all kinds of self defence gadgets but not for civilians
call now, only serious resellers, marketers and distributors nationwide should call 08158754106

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coup: What Will You Do If You Wake To Hear The Martial Music On Radio? / Please What Is The Meaning Of Confab? / Again, Borno IDPs Protest Poor Method Of Feeding In Camps- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.