Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? (18634 Views)

Job Offer: GT Bank Entry Level Programme (2:2 Minimum) / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / I Just Lost A Job Offer Of 650k Because Of Professional Qualification. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by diplomat058(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
If you had a 2:1 and are below 28 years, why don't you send your CV to all these Big4 firm's, banks and other big corporations. There is no harm in trying, instead of staying contented with all these slaving, low-check jobs. My advice tho

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by phorget(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Even if I'm been paid 1million without me getting aside money then I'm doomed. 50k might sound like little quid but your side income would cover for that and given the fact that you can stay on your current job and learn the rudiments thereby giving you the leverage to become your own boss.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Ajokefreddy: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
vote peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by enilowo(m): 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
Provided you are not stealing from the farm to make this extra cash I will advise you to stay otherwise......
Melagros:
After a long-job-search, August last year I got a job in a farm as a manager through an agency and the salary is 50k, meanwhile, before that, I'd registered with some couple of agencies, also, personally, I'd submitted my CV in some organisations

To be brief! When I'd already started working, a hotel that offered me an employment as a general supervisor/assistant manager before they asked me to stop after working for two days recontacted me, I snubbed them and the salary was 60,000

Precisely, in December last year, another agency reached out to me for an interview but, I told them that I was not in town and they told me to let them know whenever I'm in town. Yesterday, another agency too invited me for an interview I replied them that I haven't returned from Christmas break

Why I glued to my current job is that, though, my 'meagre' salary is 50,000 Naira but, there are other side businesses I do that I make extra money because, within the first three months of my employment, I was able to rent my apartment, a self-contain, furnished it, I'm looking up to a bedroom flat before the expiration of my rent. I was owing my Alma Mater 100,000, for clearance, as I'm posting this thread the money is in my account, I'm just waiting for school to resume so I can go and pay the money. Also, I'm budgeting between 80-100k, for a phone by the end of this month

I have a good CV, I'm a hard worker, a good administrator, also, I'm multi-tasking. In these five months that I have been with this organisation, because of my performance, my boss made huge profit beyond his projection to the extent that he added a bus to the fleet of buses we have, he testified that, ever since he opened this business he has never seen a good manager like me and he's ready to do anything to keep in the company

Please, if I'm called for an interview again, should I honour the invitation or I should continue here? Honestly, I'm confused!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Faber(m): 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
lyricalejeh:
if you own a smartphone or a laptop with internet connection and you are still BROKE! then it's either you are lazy or you lack the knowledge! I can help you with the knowledge..there are over a thousand ways to make money online from the comfort of your sitting room ask me how?
how many mansionr you get? you want scam a hardworking Nigerian like op, abeg shift

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by segtech68: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
request for increment instead of leaving .... you may show your boss offer of employment and the new salary , but tell him you are not leaving you just want him to know you deserve better, but the sure the business can pay your new request

Melagros:

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by uptownemmygee(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
lyricalejeh:
if you own a smartphone or a laptop with internet connection and you are still BROKE! then it's either you are lazy or you lack the knowledge! I can help you with the knowledge..there are over a thousand ways to make money online from the comfort of your sitting room ask me how?

How

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by tunwumi: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:
After a long-job-search, August last year I got a job in a farm as a manager through an agency and the salary is 50k, meanwhile, before that, I'd registered with some couple of agencies, also, personally, I'd submitted my CV in some organisations

To be brief! When I'd already started working, a hotel that offered me an employment as a general supervisor/assistant manager before they asked me to stop after working for two days recontacted me, I snubbed them and the salary was 60,000

Precisely, in December last year, another agency reached out to me for an interview but, I told them that I was not in town and they told me to let them know whenever I'm in town. Yesterday, another agency too invited me for an interview I replied them that I haven't returned from Christmas break

Why I glued to my current job is that, though, my 'meagre' salary is 50,000 Naira but, there are other side businesses I do that I make extra money because, within the first three months of my employment, I was able to rent my apartment, a self-contain, furnished it, I'm looking up to a bedroom flat before the expiration of my rent. I was owing my Alma Mater 100,000, for clearance, as I'm posting this thread the money is in my account, I'm just waiting for school to resume so I can go and pay the money. Also, I'm budgeting between 80-100k, for a phone by the end of this month

I have a good CV, I'm a hard worker, a good administrator, also, I'm multi-tasking. In these five months that I have been with this organisation, because of my performance, my boss made huge profit beyond his projection to the extent that he added a bus to the fleet of buses we have, he testified that, ever since he opened this business he has never seen a good manager like me and he's ready to do anything to keep in the company

Please, if I'm called for an interview again, should I honour the invitation or I should continue here? Honestly, I'm confused!
Thanks

Attend those interview with enthusiasm. When the offer is given, you will weigh it with that you have at hand. It is painful not to see what is in the package before rejecting it.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Ikea81: 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2023
This your side hustle so.....I hope say missing fowl no dey involved?

Anyway, the first thing to look at in a job is satisfaction and peace of mind. You seem to be enjoying that right now. Doesn't mean you should not look at other offers, rather it places you in an advantage position when interviewing for a new job cos no pressures. You have the time to do thorough background check, negotiate for better compensation and well fare . Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
I need Job an an Electrical Engr pls refer me to company/organisation so i can apply. Location is Lagos

thank you

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Robnectar(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
lyricalejeh:

How

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
My own be say share us your soap fesss before we advise you. Boss which soap you dey use? grin

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Shokoloko(f): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

Stay and learn all you can for a couple of years. if you decide to immigrate at any time some countries (eg Canada, Saskatchewan province) have a stream for migration for farm managers smiley

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Odumoye(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
What's the side hustle all about bro, possibly one or two amongst us here can also adopt such hustle in addition to our payday job

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

angry
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

so u loookin for woman on nairaland to marry for 50k...corrrect?...do they lookloike olosho to u? bro are u ok sir? (no oofeoncse) angry

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by dboY1123(m): 1:31pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

Boss, what did you study? I'm searching for a job desperately

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Fineman1759(m): 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2023
Hopefully you see this comment

My brother once worked in a company where he was paid 30k monthly but he could save 1.5m monthly for side hustle. It was a transport company from Lagos to east.

The job of 100k might be too stressful with no side income

A job of 50k might not be that stressful but with side income and control of your time

So please stay for now.

Also save a lot just incase you are out of job again for 3 months you can feed yourself and be fine
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

Instead of working for people why not look for where to borrow Little and go into the farming? You come this world to build for people alone?

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2023
Stay where you are. A bird at hand is worth more than.... Blu ba la ba out there

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2023
Olachase:
Yes you are acting unwise

Next time if them call you for interview tell the organization that you have gotten another job buh you can refer a candidate to them undecided undecided

Yoruba and ill mannerisms. You must not showcase you can insult someone in order to give advices. You can give a guide and still hold your peace. Swear you have never made a mistake before? You no be God oga. You are human, and you must make mistakes. This one day ask for advice, you abuse him, like say you know everything.
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by NaijaCover(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
IS HERE

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by ElijahIme1992(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
OP before I advice u, were do you see your self in the next 3 to 4 years? ponder on dis and get back to me...

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Sleyk: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2023
Only leave the place if you're not happy with the job.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by NaijaCover(m): 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

Are You Good In Posting Bad News, that happened anywhere?

So that, you can be able to put food on your table?

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by BJanta: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2023
Stick with where you are and build a cereer. If you leave that place, you'll regret forever. If there's any need to scale up your knowledge and ability without disrupting your service to them, please do. Then why do you want to move from a self-contained to a three bedroom flat instead of saving towards buying a parcel of land, no matter how small, anywhere and start to develop your own property? Think well.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Kingwome11(m): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
This Faber guy self lol.... is like 9ja babe don put pepper 4 ur eyes wela looool.....quote author=Faber post=119993108]Dude my advice to you is, avoid Nigerian girls at all cost. You have a furnished apartment right? dont enter any relationship with any one of them, find one cool girl for area to help u cure konji once in a while, but dont catch feelings and keep her close, I give you 1 year from now, you will be at the top...when the devil finds it hard to bring you down, he sends a woman, a Nigerian lady[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by BabaCommander: 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
My concern is that you are sounding like a spendthrift already. Pay this, buy that, rent that house etc.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by VIKTO83(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
One my female friend got a job last year's February as a teacher. But as at today she had worked as a teacher in 2 schools, worked in internal control unit in Sterling bank, later she told me she's now with UBA but this morning to my greatest shock I wanted to drop something for her. D babe told me she's now with First bank. I was like 'first gini '? On getting to d banking hall see babe as counter cashier.

What am I trying to say? People switch job so easily instead of building their career. They switch mostly because of pay. But oyibo consider growth on the ladder of promotion.

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Amosdiddy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2023
Bro, I just got want to let you know that I sell, swap iPhones and Samsung. You can chat me up when you’ve saved up for your phones. U can reach me via this no 09018325900.
Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by greggng: 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
Melagros:

Thanks

Stay where you are and gain long term working experience . You may one day dabble into same line of business and become owner

1 Like

Re: Job Offer, Had I Acted Unwise? by Innocentbaloo: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
You may stick to the current job if the side hustle is genuine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Asked To Sign Non Disclosure Agreement For A Job I Got / Vacancies At Halliburton In Port Harcourt / Nigerian Navy Recruites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.