Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person (15815 Views)

Obi: ‘This Is Embarrassing’ – Mr Macaroni Knocks Keyamo For Spreading Fake News / Nigeria Too Deeply Troubled To Be Handed Over To Tinubu - Mark Jacob / Bala Mohammed: If Tinubu Was In PDP, He Would Be Handed The Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by SMGGroup: 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, has enjoined Nigerians to vote in competent persons who were mentally and physically prepared for the task of providing leadership for a sick nation such as ours.

Obi, made the appeal in an interactive session with students of the University of Nigeria, Nsuka, Business School, in Enugu on Thursday.

In a veiled reference to the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, Obi said, “In United States during election, they go for debates, somebody once asked Barack Obama questions that are personal and he answered.

“But here in Nigeria, somebody wants to contest election, we don’t know his real age, we don’t know his name, we don’t know the schools he attended.

“Nobody knows his real identity. My name is Peter Obi, I can say I went to CKC, went to University of Nigeria Nsukka. Both the VC today, the DVC today, these are my school mates. We came into University thesame year and left thesame year.

“The people I went to school, I can see them here today, my seniors and my juniors. How come we now have people who do not have classmate. This is very important. This is all about character and people we can trust.”

The LP candidate explained that an honest person does not pretend to be someone he is not and is not afraid to tell people the truth about himself.

Obi cited an example of the legal luminary and founder of Afe Babalola University Ado Ekiti whom he described as an upright Nigerian who isn’t ashamed of his background.

He said, “Ade Babalola once told me he never had the opportunity of going to a formal school

“There is nothing wrong in that. There are so many people who have done well in life and never went to formal school.

“This country is sick and should not be handed over to a sick person. I am not saying that anyone is sick. We have been here for over two hours, we don’t want people who can’t stand for 30 minutes.

“If you said you will fight corruption, let’s go to the road you have passed and see what is remaining there after you left.

“This year’s election must be based on competence. This job requires physical and mental energy, it is not a retirement job.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/obi-shades-tinubu-over-educational-records-health-status/?fbclid=IwAR0vCJeCF1vtKwtUUUP_TTr573o2Gw7blhgpubqjpMdqw4-Qe27GhV53UB0

215 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Moh247: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
cool

Na them go first attack... Give them a pinch of their attack then they start crying

Small neck pressing Ahmed Datti would start crying on National TV, small gbas gbos from Dino Melaye Nanu would get angry

93 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by incandescentena: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2023
undecided

The next President of Nigeria said ''My name is Peter Obi, I can say I went to CKC, went to University of Nigeria Nsukka. Both the VC today, the DVC today, these are my school mates. We came into University thesame year and left thesame year.

“The people I went to school, I can see them here today, my seniors and my juniors.How come we now have people who do not have classmate. This is very important. This is all about character and people we can trust.”

I know of a Presidential candidate today who can never come out clean like this because He almost has no history or record of his real self existing today

338 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by incandescentena: 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
Na them go first attack... Give them a pinch of their attack then they start crying

Did you even read through? Did Obi mention "Moh247''?!

Busy body

305 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Kingsmeal: 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:

Did he call any name?

Unless guilty conscience is attacking you when you know that your candidate is sick.

We have 18 Candidates and you feel attacked. Mûmu

336 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by SMGGroup: 2:22pm On Jan 12, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Did he call any name?

Unless guilty conscience is attacking you when you know that your candidate is sick.

We have 18 Candidates and you feel attacked. Mûmu

Only supporters with sick candidates feel attacked

290 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Ofunaofu: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:

Only the guilty will take what Peter Obi said personal

I have read through the Post, Peter Obi did not mention anybody name

242 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by StrongandMighty: 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2023
Shots fired!
No names mentioned oo but those their presidential candidate is sick will start wailing

197 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Hendrixky: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hmmmm.....

The entire nation is already aware of this fact but some people because of tribalism and religion wants to put also into that mess again....

But I'm sorry....if this mess is repeated then I'm gonna be brutal to some Nigerians....before I render help to anyone in the street I'm gonna ask the tribe and religion of that person

53 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Pwettylinda(f): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
We are warning them now
Obviously thiefnubuu is very down in health now who does not know

Are we foolish in this country

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by owiko(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
No truer words have been said in recent times. God bless every voter with the fear of God, and interest of Nigeria at heart.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by DropsMic(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nigerians don’t even know what’s at stake

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by emmabest2000(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
Urchins right now....

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by TheChameleon: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
grin

The handwriting on the wall is clear.

Bola Tinubu is next President

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Treasure17(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
There's absolute truth in what he said. Can you cure sickness with sickness? O wrong na.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2023
That's rude o.
Meanwhile, both Obi and Tinubu are firing each other forgetting Atiku.
Shey na Mai Shai go rule us again ni bayi?
Atiku is lurking in a corner watching how APC and LP trade banters. Those born to suffer northerners too are attacking Tinubu saying he can't recite Quran. Shey na Quran he go recite for Aso Rock?
These same people disliked easterners as if Igbos are the cause of problems in the north. They see mo fault with Atiku. This is a wake up call that north may unite in favour of Atiku, an alledge thief and a PDP candidate. Same PDP that brought Nigeria into this mess and sent us into the hands of APC in 2015 when we thought those ones are the set of messiahs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by JackDaAlienz(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
Saying the obvious truth is now attack??

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by sofeo(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Alright
Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by BuyAndSellStuff: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Shots fired

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by AlhajiSani1461(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Na them sabi abeg shift.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
Thanks for admitting your candidate is sick. And I hope you agreed to the statement.

Now go cure yourself of eternal slavery.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by vizboy(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Lmao shot fired.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Benblaq(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
Moh247:
You guys make this stuff more complicated and funny. What is wrong in what he said? The country is sick and should not be handed to a sick person. As truthful and simple as this sounds, you see it to be "shots fired". God pass una.

Did he mention anyone's name? Why do you think he is talking about your sick candidate? Abi you see your name there?

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by morikee: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
You too can also fall sick so mind your tongue God is not a Man

No one is guarantee health even new born baby dey fall sick

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by yemzone(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
That's true. Peter Obi is on point.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by obi4eze(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Exactly sir!

We don't need a sick man to rule this country. Let him take care if his health while we take care of the country.

God bless the HE Peter Obi, the incoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Opportuneke(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nigeria is seriously sick, undisputed.

But the leaders are not willing, even the ones we all trusted still bleeped up so I gave up on all politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by SoftP(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
His name is Bobo Chicago & he licks the microphone b[b]efore usage,

@ President obi, what else would u like to know ?

Obi- Datti for president 2023

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by updatechange(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
The country is crazy rn

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: This Country Is Sick And Should Not Be Handed Over To A Sick Person by Diligent1(f): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sir, is it true that doctors went on strike for 13 months when you were a governor of Anambra state, putting people's lives in danger?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Double Standard Of Presidential Aide, Lauretta Onochie (video) / Shehu Shagari Celebrates His 93rd Birthday Today / Why I Won’t Complete Projects Initiated By Akpabio – Gov Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.