Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng (2475 Views)

Lady Studied Law To Get Her Father Out Of Prison (Photos) / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos / Woman Who Wants To Marry Her Son's Friend In Gombe Sent To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by SMJay: 2:08am On Jan 13, 2023
My Prison Exeprience

I don’t like to remember or talk about my prison experience, the reason why I have been mute about it all through. The life there is sickening! It is an experience that can drain you for life. I’m not talking about prison in general, I’m talking about the the NIGERIAN PRISON. Nigeria is ruined tbh. And I don’t think we would ever get out of this terrible state till death. I am not being negative, I’m a very optimistic person but I have seen it all trust me.

To start with, I think Nigeria is the only country where you are accused for something and without proof or evidence to show, you can be in jail for the rest of your life. If you know you don’t have families to fight for you, please don’t be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do you know there are teenagers in the Nigerian prison Small boys barely 18 are there for Crimes they did not commit or know absolutely nothing about?

While I was there, there was this boy they always call chin- chin in my cell. I kept wondering why they always called him that and asked him one day - Guy come here, why do they call you chin-chin all the time? guess his reply? “i was hungry and I stole chin chin” that was what brought him to prison. He looked gentle. I was 100% sure the boy is barely 20 years old. My heart was filled with tears but I could not cry so he doesn’t feel too bad. I asked again, are you sure that is what brought you here? He said “nothing else bro” and I was shocked! I guess he does not have people to fight for him, or probably his parents/family are tired of trying. If you know what it cost to get out of prison, you will be shocked! Everything I’m saying to you right now is real. No jokes. There was another young guy, I was particular about these young boys cos I kept wondering what they would have done to be in prison. If you see guys 30-40 years old in there, true or not you will lowkey feel they committed the crime. But not these young boys.

There was this boy, he works for his oga, the oga just came one day and accused him of stealing 200k from his shop. The boy said he barely stayed 3 days in a police cell before he was brought to prison. A boy barely 20 years old! No proper investigation, nothing was done! I thought Prison was for people with serious cases. people who have been convicted for crimes committed with “evidence” or they were caught in the act When did it turn a place for keeping suspects like small boys? You know what made this particular case worse? It is the fact that the parent/ family of the boy wanted to settle out of court. Saying sir, please give us 2 months, we would pay so and so monthly to cover up but the OGA did not agree. It was hurting!!!

The boy, I had to ask him again, Just gist me guy, did you move this money? He was like “bros, we are here together. There is absolutely nothing to be corny about, I did not steal his money.” Argh! I lost hope in Nigeria! This time a tear dropped!

I’m talking about serving you garri with no sugar! Just raw garri in plates. No sugar, water, milk or anything to it. Just raw garri for your chewing pleasure. There are about 3 or 4 foods in the Nigerian prison. Watery beans and dead ass garri. The garri are those ones that blind your eyes over time when you eat them too much. Yes you heard me correctly. At some point, these inmates don’t see properly again, cos too much of this garri.

The other is Eba and egusi, they won’t even make the eba well to start with, talk more of the egusi, it feels like hell fire. Egusi that taste like water. Guys what does water taste like again? It is tasteless!!! And they served rice. Will be honest with you guys, this was the only average food I could eat. Not cos it was sweet, but aspa u can chew rice alone now. Cos the stew was trash. Imagine putting 2-3 spoons of stew inside 2 paint of rice. Yeah that’s what it felt like. It was hell. That was the only food every one eats, cos at least you can eat raw rice and still be fine Let’s leave the food part.

We move to the numbers in the cells. Here is probably the toughest part of it all, if it’s time to sleep, it’s time to cry. Think about this, look at your room; look around very well. It is just you right? Yeah it’s comfort and you don’t want anyone else. Imagine if your room had like 200 people inside it. Just the thought of it alone is sickening right? That’s how the NIGERIAN PRISON is. Imagine them placing like over 200 inmates in one room. Now forget about if They committed the crimes or not. Actualize what I’m saying here. A small room filled with 200+ people. Do you know what it feels like You can’t even fucking breath ! Talkless of sleeping !!!

I fucking paid to sleep under a bed! Yes there are payments in the Nigerian prison. Everytime they bring in a new inmate, the prison guards are angry and its understandable. The marshals of each cell are angry and it is understandable. Too many persons, too little space!

I paid about N10,0000 (10k) to sleep under a bed. Full time bed space cost about 30k or so. I could not afford that at that time. If you would keep inmates, for crimes committed or not! At least put them in a safe and comfortable place. Not like you are leaving them to die. Imagine me paying 10k to sleep under a bed. You should understand what it felt like to sleep in the general place. They sleep on top of each other. Yehhhh! You heard me right. They sleep in chains! People sleep on top of you.

U can’t fucking move your legs! Ah I was ready to go to hell then. Cos earth was trash and the life and stress was not worth it. Guys, there are thousands of inmates who did not do shit and are in jail! The Nigerian police do not do proper investigation, please watch yourselves.

Know your movements and do not stay out too late. You could be the next person for doing absolutely nothing. Nigeria can never be better. Care for yourself and your family till death
https://twitter.com/SirWoley/status/1170950153211207680

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by wisz1(m): 2:15am On Jan 13, 2023
embarassed

6 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by culf: 2:36am On Jan 13, 2023
Its unfortunate, thank God you're out and may God help us. I visited just once, i think i need to do that more often now.

5 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by sisisioge: 2:38am On Jan 13, 2023
It is well with Nigeria....too much wrongs going on in the nooks and crannies of that country. Indeed it will not be reformed anytime soon, atleast not in the next 100 years! Biko, I no do again....let them forget I was ever a part of the country. May God help the nation.

6 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by meobizy(f): 2:52am On Jan 13, 2023
How did he post so many words?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by ipobarecriminals: 3:45am On Jan 13, 2023
sad
embarassed
sad
undecided Listen to/play Orlando owoh evergreen tune KIRIKIRI ni Alagbon.Aimoye section ni Alagbon...........

6 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by dawnomike(m): 3:57am On Jan 13, 2023
Words can not explain the Nigerian prisons... I pray nothing in this life takes me there!!!

11 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Macphenson: 4:29am On Jan 13, 2023
There was a time I visited somebody in Kirirkiri, I wept bittterly and uncontrollably with what I saw.

Just three weeks the lady stayed there, she has changed entirely, looking so unkept, malnourished and tattered. Her mensuration was even dropping the day I came, I have to go and buy pad.

She later told me that an abroad based NGO donated pads for them but the Prison warders shared it amongst themselves. I broke down uncontrollably as how inhumane those warders can be.

Last week when returning from work, A prison van broke own with inmates coming back from court. I parked, bought some snacks for the inmates unfortunately the warders wanted to corner the snacks I resisted and demanded they share it to the inmates before I leave which they did. When I was leaving, they were asking me for their own, I looked at them and in my mind I was like these people have no conscience.

18 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:55am On Jan 13, 2023
sisisioge:
It is well with Nigeria....too much wrongs going on in the books and crannies of that country. Indeed it will not be reformed anytime soon, atleast not in the next 100 years! Biko, I no do again....let them forget I was ever a part of the country. May God help the nation.

It is not well with Nigeria O. How can it be well if someone can be accused of something and without proof or evidence to show, that person can be in jail for the rest of his life.

Just like you prayed, May God help Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by aycorporat(m): 6:15am On Jan 13, 2023
This story is touching.

A failed system of corrupt judges who prefer to give a judgment of a "slap on the wrist" for big men and send a hungry nursing mother to prison because she stole milk.

A country where the police prey on innocent citizens in order to augment their poor package.

A country where a big man feels he can oppress the poor and get away with it, ILL TEACH YOU A LESSON!

All because of a failed system that places mammon above humanity.

Most of the buildings are Inherited Colonial structures and yet, they cram it with people, haba, Prison is meant to correct, reform and rehabilitate inmates.

I like the poster's advice, don't be at the wrong place at the wrong time, even at the right time

5 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Kobojunkie: 6:26am On Jan 13, 2023
Macphenson:
Last week when returning from work, A prison van broke own with inmates coming back from court. I parked, bought some snacks for the inmates unfortunately the warders wanted to corner the snacks I resisted and demanded they share it to the inmates before I leave which they did. When I was leaving, they were asking me for their own, I looked at them and in my mind I was like these people have no conscience.
On Friday many of them go go mosque go bow, others for sunday go sit for front row, they clap and sing like say dem holy pass. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by IyaTola: 6:45am On Jan 13, 2023
It's a terrible experience

3 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Generalwoodz(m): 7:13am On Jan 13, 2023
Prisons for poor men. Broke people prison

Everything in this bleep-up country is engineered against the common people with no wherewithal to sort, extricate and save themselves from an agonized system.

The odds are never in their favor. The winds were never in their sails. There's a gang up from all rounds. They're smitten, trashed, and kicked.

Two drunk men poor and rich were arrested for absolutely nothing.

Maybe that same hour the rich one quickly put a call and his clique of merry men in the speed of lightning comes through and pulls out him from the dungeon.

The policemen would beg and plead for mercy when they realize the man isn't an ordinary man in the streets.

On other hand, our friend the poor man is dealt with and beaten and tossed and turned like Hausa Masa when it's on fire.

Nobody to speak for him. No big connection to dial. Only his kind would contribute to help and in most cases, the poor don't help the poor.

Our poor man would last long. Jailed. His eyes were without Life. His body is without energy. His legs are unsure of steps.

Thousands of his kind

Are right now in " Nigerian correctional centers"

So I ask, correction for what?

5 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Nicepoker(m): 7:36am On Jan 13, 2023
The worst of all is coming out from a Nigerian prison to meet your Nigerian wife at home. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Vyzz: 8:31am On Jan 13, 2023
Can inmates vote?

I think the have rights to vote too...

4 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by dayleke: 8:43am On Jan 13, 2023
O ma se o... cry

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by NPFLADMIN(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2023
I don't even know what to say. Thinking abt it alone is disturbing. How much more experiencing it?

6 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by SporaD8: 9:44am On Jan 13, 2023
With Op first-hand experience, I think it will be more expedient to get death sentence than experience such horrible and hopeless living!
My nearest attempt at understanding Op could best be describe when I went to "Lion Building(Police Station)" to report a stolen Number Plate...
Guys! The urine and acrid stench from the cell alone, not to talk of the mosquitoes made me change my mind about any report.
I can't bring myself to imagine what living like that for YEARS... will be like!

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2023
A correctional center in Nigeria is unarguably the most mental damaging place in the nation.
Only few lucky prison returnees tends to function properly, it's a really sad and gory tales.
The more I want to start believing in this country,the more I see things beyond my own perspective and comprehension.
Make God sha dey help us.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by emmanuelbrown26: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2023
Naija is a jungle, dog eat dog. Thats why some of them are hardened whenever they are out from prison

3 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by fortunez1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
It is well, pls how can one help this innocent prisoners and do the prisoners get the daily donations that is given to the prisons from good people.

6 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Flakky26(f): 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2023
It is possible to be married and have heaven on earth marriage ,you need wisdom ,knowledge etc . Join happy couples Christian group for the married for daily wisdom tips for happy marriage and a platform to network ,discuss and interact with other Christian couples click
[url]sites.google.com/view/happycouples[/url]
Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by QuinModah(f): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2023
It just unfortunate to read this chilling experience. cry

1 Like

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by okirewaju(f): 1:43am On Jan 14, 2023
cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by IyaTola: 12:34am On Jan 15, 2023
Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by SMJay: 5:31am On Feb 14, 2023
meobizy:
How did he post so many words?
Read it again

2 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by ahnie: 5:58am On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
On Friday many of them go go mosque go bow, others for sunday go sit for front row, they clap and sing like say dem holy pass. undecided
Honestly Kobo,their pretences is topnotch,and it sucks like hades.

3 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Richy4(m): 6:21am On Feb 14, 2023
Wow!! This article has been here since January and they couldn't take it to front page at least to create an awareness and for those in authority to look into them?

What is killing Nigeria is office mentality... Those incharge will never go and see things first hand.. they preferred to stay in an air-conditioned rooms and read decorated reports.....And if they wanted to go, they announce it first for those who were giving those false reports to cover their tracks... That was one thing I liked about a certain minister of FCT called Jeremiah Timbut Useni.. he goes to where he was not invited... I remembered a day he paid unannounced visit to Wuse hospital those days.. he said they should take him out of there that he can't stand the stench... Especially when he visited their toilet he was horrified..

Imagine the health Hazzard involved in that prison... Thank God Corona virus is far away from Nigeria as a country... Imagine Corona visiting a place like that?

4 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by nicerod(m): 7:56am On Feb 14, 2023
Chai

God please show mercy on us as a nation

3 Likes

Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by IyaTola: 2:24am On Feb 21, 2023
nicerod:
Chai

God please show mercy on us as a nation
Amen
Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by IyaTola: 6:49am On Feb 28, 2023
wink
Re: My Prison Exeprience By Perfectmatchng by Pojomojo: 7:52am On Mar 05, 2023
cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Deeper Life Pastor Who Raped 11year Old Girls / ..... / What Are The Harsh Truths About Marriage Everybody Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.