Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? (37151 Views)

Ikeja Royal Families Unveil Tajudeen Muritala As New Monarch / Ikeja Royal Families Settle For New Monarch After 9 Years Of An Empty Palace / Olu Of Warri's Crown Stolen, Police Declares Two Princes Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Wilson500: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2023
BigDawsNet:
They have Oil
They invest
They have sense

They're not prudent in their spending
They're just lucky to have a small population
The side effect will become evident when crude oil loses relevance undecided

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by 07kjb: 11:37am On Jan 14, 2023
They also pay their citizen e.g no native of DUBAI IS POOR GO AND FIND OUT DESPITE BEING LAZY MANY OF THEM DON'T WORK,BUT THEIR GOVERNMENT PAYS THEM

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by visaclick: 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
Wilson500:

They're not prudent in their spending
They're just lucky to have a small population
The side effect will become evident when crude oil loses relevance undecided
crude oil isn't loosing relevance even in 200years to come. Electrical cars are a joke, solar power supply is inconsiderably low compared to word energy demand. The minerals used in batteries and other stuffs are even more expensive and far more dangerous to mine so bro arabs will be on top as long as they are friends with USA

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by visaclick: 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
07kjb:
They also pay their citizen e.g no native of DUBAI IS POOR GO AND FIND OUT DESPITE BEING LAZY MANY OF THEM DON'T WORK,BUT THEIR GOVERNMENT PAYS THEM
yes they have to be payed because they ve earned it. The lands were fought for and secured by their forefathers and the forefathers wanted such enjoyment for this descendants. THAT'S A SYSTEM THAT WORKS!
we over there, all the sufferings of our heroes past has clearly be in vain sorry to say.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by mmsen: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Large petrochemical reserves and small populations.

The opposite of Nigeria.

Makes you wonder why any sane person would be pushing for a large(r) population when the only thing it guarantees is more poverty.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by albanikeh001: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Arabs are fucking rich because they have two things which they put to good use....OIL and SENSE

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Paracetamol01: 1:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
They all have oil blocs

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by JohnBullMySon: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:
I was watching a video on Facebook about some of the richest Princes in those Arab Contries, Especially the UAE region. I did my little research, I didn't get satisfactory Explanation.
I know even King's all over the World are usually very rich.
The reason is very simple. Unlike democracies like the West, these guys own and control their state resources. Imagine if America was controlled by a royal family? All oil and gas exports by America will enrich that family to insane levels.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Nchenches: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
Because in Islam, a few people connected to power are meant to be rich, while the vast majority remain poor, and ask for (alms) Zakat, from the few rich.
This is why most of Nigerians have remained poor in the midst of plenty natural resources but few rich people, because apex political leadership of Nigeria has been on the hands of Muslims most of the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by JohnBullMySon: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
mmsen:
Large petrochemical reserves and small populations.

The opposite of Nigeria.

Makes you wonder why any sane person would be pushing for a large(r) population when the only thing it guarantees is more poverty.
Another important reason. Bahrain is a major oil exporter but they don't even have up 200,000 people there. They don't even allow permanent immigration.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by cromz(m): 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
Simple, the wealth of these countries are conjoined with that of their royal families.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Alusiizizi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
visaclick:
crude oil isn't loosing relevance even in 200years to come. Electrical cars are a joke, solar power supply is inconsiderably low compared to word energy demand. The minerals used in batteries and other stuffs are even more expensive and far more dangerous to mine so bro arabs will be on top as long as they are friends with USA

200 years Many western nations plan to legislate ICE(Internal Combustion Engine) vehicles out of production by 2030, that's less than 7 years from now. Additionally, electric cars are now competitive against ICE cars in terms of horse power and mileage per recharge, add all this to the fact that very active research is being conducted not only to increase the specific energy of electric car batteries(for example, an aluminum based battery would theoretically store 3 times more energy than a lithium battery, the only problem is that a practical way to recharge aluminum batteries doesn't exist currently) but to decrease the charge time and it's not far-fetched to expect a complete phase-out of ICE cars within this decade.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by modsfucker: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Do you mean that the Arabs in middle east are Blacks?

Incase you don't understand what I wrote, let me repeat it again.

When you go to borders in European countries you will find White Muslim Arabs stucked in the cold there and hoping to gain access into Europe.

Now I said why don't they move to their Rich oil Arab nations like UAE, Kuwait, Saudi etc for asylum?

What made them refugees in the first place?
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by mamaafrik(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
oyel moni......,so it is for all oil production countries with good leadership and theogagchy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by CheapHomes1: 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
id4sho:

They are blacks, there's racism there too. The whites are far better in hospitality .
Historical, Arabs kept blacks slaves but they sent them back after their service .

What has being black got to do with the discussion? Are Arab refugees blacks?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by FireUpNow(m): 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
Make I dey read comments before I talk my own
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Donake: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
They control their countries vast resources.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Pickmycall: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
Oyel,gold and diamond
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Zeezenho: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
Because they practice feudal system.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by CheapHomes1: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
id4sho:
Use
This is recent times, Yemen & Syria war

What has that got to do with whether Arab refugees are black?
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by visaclick: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
Alusiizizi:

200 years Many western nations plan to legislate ICE(Internal Combustion Engine) vehicles out of production by 2030, that's less than 7 years from now. Additionally, electric cars are now competitive against ICE cars in terms of horse power and mileage per recharge, add all this to the fact that very active research is being conducted not only to increase the specific energy of electric car batteries(for example, an aluminum based battery would theoretically store 3 times more energy than a lithium battery, the only problem is that a practical way to recharge aluminum batteries doesn't exist currently) but to decrease the charge time and it's not far-fetched to expect a complete phase-out of ICE cars within this decade.
all these analysis are just on paper bro, realistically Teslas are terrible with battery needing replacement in less than 3-4years so that means buying a second hand Tesla isn't an option. Google raw materials needed for batteries, it's aven more dangerous thank fosil fuel polution they are trying to cub. Not to mention the other needs for oil. Gas, butimen which is the most important element in road construction is from crude oil which can't be replaced at anytime due to its cost compared to cement roads. Electricity is becoming even more expensive to generate lately the reason for high bills even at the West. The same electric cars per charge is $10-$12 per charge for just a couple of mileage. Batteries especially litium dies after about 1000circles of charge how long does that translates to per year lest assume you don't go for any long travels. Electrical cars are the future but for now they are not completely reliable

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by CheapHomes1: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
Zeezenho:
Because they practice feudal system.

Who de follow them do feudal system?
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by morikee: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Shey na only Car dey use fuel ni there are other heavy duty equipment that still use fuel so fuel will still be use for over 200 years to come

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by macho44(m): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:
I was watching a video on Facebook about some of the richest Princes in those Arab Contries, Especially the UAE region. I did my little research, I didn't get satisfactory Explanation.

It's GENERATIONAL WEALTH, Passed down from GENERATION to GENERATION.
If you are a football fan, check my siggy grin
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by malakaimoscondo: 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
BigDawsNet:
They have Oil
They invest
They have sense
the question is stinking to me.. Why are Nigeria politicians and their kids rich I asked too? We should not also forget that, they are leaders through out their life time.. They control everything about the country
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by cocolacec(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
I also wonder why Arab refugees don't go to those rich Dubai, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, UAE etc for asylum.

Instead they prefer America and Europe and they prefer dying on cold in the European borders just to gain access to Europe.

Reason it is a crime to seek asylum in the Gulf countries and Japan because they are not signatories to the Geneva Convention.Seeking asylum in those countries means you could be in jail for some time.They only give temporary residence for a number of people fleeing war.

Turkey,Lebanon host the largest number of Arab refugees in their millions,Gulf countries give work permits not refugee status.Unfortunately the West create the wars in these Muslim countries so they must take responsibility for the consequences of their actions.
Sweden once said America creates the war and we Europeans face the consequences of American wars in the Middle East.
if America was closer to the Muslim countries they would have sought refuge in America instead of Europe as the originator of needless wars.

Arabs(real refugees) are more favoured with European Asylum process in Europe in comparison to Blacks (economic migrants) because everything boils down to skin color.An Arab is more acceptable to the European society than a black skinned man who will color mix with their women to produce mullatoes.Humans migrated to countriees with the best opportunities for offspring and self development.
In 2016 ,98% of Syrians were granted refugee status many with temporary and permanent residences with 3-12 months of arrival into the country,their cases were prioritized while Africans waited for 4 years to get a single decison with the exception of Eritrea,Sudan and Somalia.

My question is why are Africans dying in the meditteranian Sea to seek Asylum in countries they are not wanted when there are rich African countries like South Africa,Cape Verde,Maritius,Madagascar etc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by InvertedHammer: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:
/

They are rich because they are not blacks.

If they are blacks, they will self-sabotage and continue to tear one another down to appease foreigners. Isn't that what Africans and descendants of Africans do?

/

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Lukuluku69(m): 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
I also wonder why Arab refugees don't go to those rich Dubai, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, UAE etc for asylum.

Instead they prefer America and Europe and they prefer dying on cold in the European borders just to gain access to Europe.

America is a No-Man's-land.

Almost 95% of present day American are sons and daughters of immigrants and settlers, so Muslim refugees are following in their footsteps.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SheBad: 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:

Have you seen a Nigerian Politician showing off wealth unless the average ones?
I don't think you understand me though.
These Princes spend fortunes for their personal needs and their networth is even known to media.
It all depicts that they don't steal these monies, but earn it legitimately.
I had to comment because you are struggling to understand something...

Those guys are wealthy because they know how to manage wealth. They know how to attract wealth to their country and which in turn makes them wealthy. They involved in every economic activities of their country, not just their politicians. It is not everything that is open to the public.

Nigerian politicians with all their stolen wealth are babies to these guys. That is because Nigerian politicians do not multiply wealth. So whatever that is available, they steal but the arab princes and kings multiply so much that it increases their pool of wealth.

I mean Nigerian politicians have 5 naira and will steal 3 naira, leaving 2 naira that cant be used to capture the next opportunity that could require 50 naira investment.

The Arabs will use that 5 naira and multiply it over time to 60 naira, maybe "steal" 10 naira and leave 50 naira. Then the 50 naira left is used to make 200 naira later... they will be able to "steal" 20naira, leaving 180 naira... then they will invest that 180 until it becomes 1000 naira, this time around, they can "steal" 100, leaving 900 naira...

Do you see how they are increasing their pool of "stealing"?

I had to use "steal" because from what you were saying, it is obvious that you feel, because you are a Nigerian, that they actually steal the wealth that they flaunt. So I came up with a hypothesis that seems to make that possible...

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Deepthoughts: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:
It's very simple,in the Arab Islamic emirate system even in northern Nigeria,the emirs owns everything in the emirate in trust for the commoners and they usually help themselves to a large chunk of it without any qualms because the leadership is imbided in religion to manipulate the people without questioning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by MansoryMX(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:

4 words. THEY HAVE BLACK DIAMOND

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by CheapHomes1: 2:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:

Are the British, swedish, Dutch, Norwegian or danish royal families not rich?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' / Deposition: Your Pronouncements Not Binding On Me, Ayiri Tells Olu Of Warri / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.