Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,251 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? (37156 Views)

Ikeja Royal Families Unveil Tajudeen Muritala As New Monarch / Ikeja Royal Families Settle For New Monarch After 9 Years Of An Empty Palace / Olu Of Warri's Crown Stolen, Police Declares Two Princes Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
wise writeup, but Madagascar is not ruled properly they are facing severe challenges.
cocolacec:

Reason it is a crime to seek asylum in the Gulf countries and Japan because they are not signatories to the Geneva Convention.Seeking asylum in those countries means you could be in jail for some time.They only give temporary residence for a number of people fleeing war.

Turkey,Lebanon host the largest number of Arab refugees in their millions,Gulf countries give work permits not refugee status.Unfortunately the West create the wars in these Muslim countries so they must take responsibility for the consequences of their actions.
Sweden once said America creates the war and we Europeans face the consequences of American wars in the Middle East.
if America was closer to the Muslim countries they would have sought refuge in America instead of Europe as the originator of needless wars.

Arabs(real refugees) are more favoured with European Asylum process in Europe in comparison to Blacks (economic migrants) because everything boils down to skin color.An Arab is more acceptable to the European society than a black skinned man who will color mix with their women to produce mullatoes.Humans migrated to countriees with the best opportunities for offspring and self development.
In 2016 ,98% of Syrians were granted refugee status many with temporary and permanent residences with 3-12 months of arrival into the country,their cases were prioritized while Africans waited for 4 years to get a single decison with the exception of Eritrea,Sudan and Somalia.

My question is why are Africans dying in the meditteranian Sea to seek Asylum in countries they are not wanted when there are rich African countries like South Africa,Cape Verde,Maritius,Madagascar etc.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by sprints1: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
LoneWolf200:
Most of these arabs are into illegal business(most are drug barons/lords & into prostitution business) but they tend to disguise too mch.
Oga I said it all that is the main reason they are purchasing football clubs to run their business effectively who they search middle east container for port absolutely no one. Who dare to. Make Una get money first
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
Wow
Alusiizizi:

The latest models of Tesla are competitive already with the standard ICE sedan. The main drawbacks are recharge time and the huge cost of a battery replacement. I agree with you that "all these analysis"(research and projections more correctly) are on paper but you know, ten years is a very long time technologically. Remember that just barely more than 20 years ago rotary phones were the only generally obtainable means of telecommunications.

Once again you are right that crude oil feeds other needs/markets but by far the biggest market for crude oil is the ICE vehicle. There is simply no comparison between the demand for crude oil from the untold millions of ICE vehicles that are being driven in virtually every part of the world every second of the day to the occasional demand for butimen. Regarding demand for crude oil from electric power needs, it might interest you that in the industrialized nations some 20% of electric power is generated by nuclear power plants.

Once again, in agreement, but in a decade this condition will almost certainly change. Just an aside, I came across some research from a group in China(if I remember correctly) that was able to increase the specific energy of batteries some 20 folds by suspending the metallic powder in graphite gels. I'm not sure though if their claims were reproduced by other independent groups and the reason why I bring this up is just to present an example of the activity being directed to the problems surrounding electric car batteries that you brought up, activity that could very easily start to change the game within five years.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
fact
djseanjohn77:

Corruption has a different definition from country to country - For instance, bidding for a project in Arab countries involves bidders settling their way or negotiation percentages (what we call bribery" is not bribery to them. Even before the project is executed, a "sponsor" citizen of high rank that made the project possible will collect a certain percentage ot the profit, he doesn't care if you run into debt eventually.

In Qatar for instance, all major projects belong to the Emirs, they give monthly stipends to their citizens from their gas and oil sales - to about 20k riyals (about 4 million naira) There total population is about 250 thousand. They also give a latest land cruiser to every citizen getting married and a house, that's their own part of the National cake. But the largesse is enjoyed by the Sheikhs and Emir. All individuals in the bloodline of the Emir are automatically sheiks (male) and sheikas (female), they get more benefits monthly and have numerous house helps.
If you divorce and remarry, you get the same benefits, but the wife may not marry again, and may not go out of the country. They have access to loans to the tune of 2 million riyals, that's about 400 million naira re-payable in 6 years with zero interest rate.

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
I found this answer, it conforms to what others have said in the chats
Arab princes and royal families are often considered to be extremely wealthy due to the vast resources and wealth that exist within many Arab countries. Some of the primary sources of this wealth include:

Oil and gas reserves: Many Arab countries, such as Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait, have large reserves of oil and natural gas, which are major sources of revenue for these countries. The royalties and profits from these resources are often used to fund the activities of the government and the royal family, and to provide them with significant personal wealth.

Investment and business ventures: Many Arab princes and royal families have significant investments in a variety of business ventures, both within their own countries and around the world. These investments can generate significant wealth and income for these individuals and families.

Property and real estate: Many Arab princes and royal families own extensive amounts of property and real estate, both within their own countries and abroad. These assets can also generate significant income for these individuals and families.

Philanthropy: Many Arab princes and royal families are also known for their philanthropic activities and charitable giving, which can further increase their wealth and prestige.

It's worth noting that the wealth of Arab princes and royal families can vary significantly from country to country, and even within countries, the wealth distribution may vary between different ruling families. Additionally, the wealth of these individuals and families is not always publicly disclosed, which can make it difficult to determine their true net worth.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Starz825(m): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
EricSmallz:

Hmmm. The country isn't their personal businesses. Crude oil or whatsoever the country has, when sold, the proceeds should go to the government cofers.
If the monies they lavish is suppose to be the common wealth of the people, how come they flaunt their wealth to the whole world? Shouldn't that be considered corruption?
They run a monarchical system of government....

All proceeds from crude oil sales goes to the kingdom pockets...

I believe they also have other natural resources aside crude oil

And for the fact that they have a comparative advantage in producing crude oil than every other oil producers...they can enter into the market anytime....
Whether price is high or not...

Therefore...They make profit everytime...

Na God bless them...

The only thing is... equality isn't in their country unlike Europe....
Most people of the royal family see others as slaves...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
Becauase they are corrupt thieves, they stole all of their country's money, kept the monies for themselves use religion to keep the rest of their citizens poor, before the discovery of oil in 1998 in their country, their country was just a dusty empty dessert, full with ignorant backwards camel herders, most of them still are.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by blackpanda: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

They have crude oil.
They export crude oil

Thats not why they are rich. They are a absolute monarchy and rule everything. The one royal family controls everything from finance, oil, defence, etc. No democracy. The king is bigger and has more powers that legislature, judiciary and executive.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Unrated900(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
They print money themselves
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by porthouse7(f): 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Do you mean that the Arabs in middle east are Blacks?

Incase you don't understand what I wrote, let me repeat it again.

When you go to borders in European countries you will find White Muslim Arabs stucked in the cold there and hoping to gain access into Europe.

Now I said why don't they move to their Rich oil Arab nations like UAE, Kuwait, Saudi etc for asylum?
trying to explain simple word to a dense person make u dense too
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by SIRTee15: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
visaclick:
crude oil isn't loosing relevance even in 200years to come. Electrical cars are a joke, solar power supply is inconsiderably low compared to word energy demand. The minerals used in batteries and other stuffs are even more expensive and far more dangerous to mine so bro arabs will be on top as long as they are friends with USA

Electric car is definitely the future. Last year, 6 million electric cars were sold globally. It will keep rising.
Besides, electric car battery can be recycled l, it's not like they will forever digging the earth for lithium, nickel or cobalt.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by zoedew: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

They have crude oil.
They export crude oil
THEY INVEST THEIR INCOME!!!
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by bazooka4jesus: 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
Verifiedtrader:
Oil money bro!.
Get your T-Mobile esim from me.
Let me help you set it up and I can also tutor you on how to be helping people set it up.
It’s a win-win for you.

How do one contact you
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by VULCAN(m): 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
Can you provide links to these figures you are dropping here?

As far as I know Saudi Arabia (and the other Gulf States) DID NOT and DO NOT take in refugees whether of war or of any other kind.

So pls provide the links that confirm these figures

thebosstrevor1:

They do but it is not publicise like how the Europeans do theirs.

Saudi arabia alone received about 2.5 million syrians when the war started.

Dont also forget that, every day, millions of people go to the arab world to find for jobs in construction and other sectors

Uae took over 150k Syrian immigrants.

You should not also forget that the arab world is one of the places people immigrate to for jobs and opportunities

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Dollywood(m): 4:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Do you mean that the Arabs in middle east are Blacks?

Incase you don't understand what I wrote, let me repeat it again.

When you go to borders in European countries you will find White Muslim Arabs stucked in the cold there and hoping to gain access into Europe.

Now I said why don't they move to their Rich oil Arab nations like UAE, Kuwait, Saudi etc for asylum?

There's nothing like white Arabs. Arabians are Arabians.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by GypsyStings: 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
Verifiedtrader:
Oil money bro!.
Get your T-Mobile esim from me.
Let me help you set it up and I can also tutor you on how to be helping people set it up.
It’s a win-win for you.

This Guy is a CHRONIC FRAUDSTER!!

This is his Account Details:

Name: Gbolahan Saheed Olatunji
Bank Name: OPAY
Account Number: 8102589287.

Phone: 08102589287.

Once you send him money, cards, itunes, BTC. He will start giving excuses of bad network, and that's the end!

The funds you stole from me will be your last.

Your Phone is being tracked, you'll get the message of your life...
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by VULCAN(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Everything you wrote is regurgitated. It's what you read.

The problem with reading without doing your own assessment is that it kills your brain while leaving you feeling intelligent.

So let me give you some homework.

Go online and find out what percentage of new car sales is electric in the West.

You will be shocked at how low the figure is.

Especially in the UK

Then go and find out what percentage of ICE car sales in the West are fairly used cars versus sales of brand new ones.

Why?

Because many many people cannot afford to buy brand new in the West in spite of what you are led to believe. They don't have good credit scores.

The fairly used ICE car market is booming but not the fairly used EV market because the cost of new batteries to power your fairly used car is about 50-70% of the cost of buying a brand new EV vehicle.

ICE cars don't have 200yrs to go as he said but definitely another 50yrs at least before they become obsolete. Especially in the poorer countries of the world

Alusiizizi:

200 years Many western nations plan to legislate ICE(Internal Combustion Engine) vehicles out of production by 2030, that's less than 7 years from now. Additionally, electric cars are now competitive against ICE cars in terms of horse power and mileage per recharge, add all this to the fact that very active research is being conducted not only to increase the specific energy of electric car batteries(for example, an aluminum based battery would theoretically store 3 times more energy than a lithium battery, the only problem is that a practical way to recharge aluminum batteries doesn't exist currently) but to decrease the charge time and it's not far-fetched to expect a complete phase-out of ICE cars within this decade.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Alusiizizi(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
VULCAN:
Everything you wrote is regurgitated. It's what you read.

The problem with reading without doing your own assessment is that it kills your brain while leaving you feeling intelligent.

So let me give you some homework.

Go online and find out what percentage of new car sales is electric in the West.

You will be shocked at how low the figure is.

Especially in the UK

Then go and find out what percentage of ICE car sales in the West are fairly used cars versus sales of brand new ones.

Why?

Because many many people cannot afford to buy brand new in the West in spite of what you are led to believe. They don't have good credit scores.

The fairly used ICE car market is booming but not the fairly used EV market because the cost of new batteries to power your fairly used car is about 50-70% of the cost of buying a brand new EV vehicle.

ICE cars don't have 200yrs to go as he said but definitely another 50yrs at least before they become obsolete. Especially in the poorer countries of the world

I think your problem is that you are confusing future for present. Try to be a bit more discerning in the future, it will take you a long way.
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by LilleG(m): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
I use to wonder and ponder about it too
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
VULCAN:
Can you provide links to these figures you are dropping here?

As far as I know Saudi Arabia (and the other Gulf States) DID NOT and DO NOT take in refugees whether of war or of any other kind.

So pls provide the links that confirm these figures

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2015/09/12/Saudi-official-we-received-2-5-mln-Syrians-since-conflict
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Yankee101: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
Corruption
Public resources turned into private resources
It's the same in nigeria only that we have fake election cycles
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by eagleu: 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
Arab princes are not rich, despite having pocketful of oil money.
Wealth is a condition of the mind, and attitude, and these people are still poor. Of course oil gave them quick access to cash since the 20th century, but their primitive, social and religious culture is always going to hold them down. They're still going to seek medical attention in US, France, and Germany. Their finished products are still coming from the west, because they are mentally poor.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by naijaking1: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
eagleu:
Wealth is a condition of the mind, and attitude, and these people are still poor. Of course oil gave them quick access to cash since the 20th century, but their primitive, social and religious culture is always going to hold them down. They're still going to seek medical attention in US, France, and Germany. Their finished products are still coming from the west, because they are mentally poor.

Good point
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Kayceedamaney: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
U get sense
ITbomb:
Imagine having 10 times the money Nigeria has from crude with 5 million population of same language, same religion people.
It's that simple
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Lukuluku69(m): 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2023
Otunbakayce:
Arabs were also the first to take slaves as war prize, as a matter of fact they exposed the whites to slave trading ventures.

No Sir! Taking Slaves has been an agelong practice from time immemorial. Everyone took slaves. The Africans did, the Europeans did and the Arabs did. So do the Mongols and every other Victors in Men's conflict.

Before the Arabs took slaves in Africa, Africans have made slaves from fellow Africans.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by webizone(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2023
shegzhkn:
Na my specialty be this.

Rich is subjective, the Caucasian are still the richest.

Now let take this conversation back pre oil era, most of these Gulf countries are impoverished backwater nation for example Saudi relies on pilgrimage and dates farming to support it economy. When oil was discovered they became wealthy and started gaining influence, the wealth also allows thems to export the exteme version of Islam (Wahabism & Salafism) - the ideology that makes terrorism thrives.

Most of the wealth in these countries are concentrated in the hands of few people (The royal family and their cronies) while they give crumbs to their lazy citizens (2/3 of working Saudis works for the government, abysmal right ??)

They have to show off because the wealth got into their head, imagine this - you've been an ugly chic all your life but you woke up one day and found out that you now have a cute face, big tits and nice curve (drop-death gorgeous), c'mon you gonna wanna behave like a slut sometimes.

But here is the thing, those folks are still coming back to where they left off their date farming, they use most of their resources for shitty stuff - look at the Ronaldo deal, why did you think he agreed to go to Saudi to play for one unknown local league, about a year ago they wanted wood to play Golf for 750M USD, US Military industrial complex they collect their own, US PR firms too (Human right probs.), US former intelligence and National Security officials too (imagine an NSA analyst earning less than 100K USD per annum getting 1M USD working for the Arabs), they lack the manpower to support their economy when not 'if' oil become less important.

Guy, you don talk am finish. You said it yourself, you are an expert in this, and I accept it wholeheartedly. This is what I just didn't know how to put it and you did excellently. I just want to add, people don't understand that what the whites did is to ensure that whatever you think you have, you must go through them to sell it or make it useful. This is exactly what China and Russia understands and are working very hard to escape from.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Backpedal: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

They are rich because they are not blacks.

If they are blacks, they will self-sabotage and continue to tear one another down to appease foreigners. Isn't that what Africans and descendants of Africans do?

/
Fact
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Backpedal: 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
eagleu:
Valid point
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by OyinO: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
id4sho:

They are blacks, there's racism there too. The whites are far better in hospitality .
Historical, Arabs kept blacks slaves but they sent them back after their service .

Ignorance with boldness
Re: Why Are Arab Princes And Royal Families So Rich? by Fearyourcreator: 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2023
ITbomb:
Imagine having 10 times the money Nigeria has from crude with 5 million population of same language, same religion people.
It's that simple
Very simple less population with more money... Waste no go show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'ooni's Wives Can't Re-marry' / Deposition: Your Pronouncements Not Binding On Me, Ayiri Tells Olu Of Warri / "Benin People Owned Lagos, Aworis Paid Royalties To Them" — Erelu Abiola Dosunmu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.