Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election (3551 Views)

Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Omoyele Sowore With MKO Abiola In 1993 Fighting For Democracy (Throwback Video) / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Alphagan(m): 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

There are only two candidates running Atiku and Tinubu, one thing majority of Nigerians can agree is tinubu and apc are no go areas.

Check my previous posts, I was supporting Obi during PDP primaries, but he lost..

Anything to kick out APC is what all Nigerians want

Atiku is coming

Of course, it is a no go area for people like you because the purpose for its creation has been achieved. Time to move on, innit?

I repeat, you’re the biggest tribalist for urging an Atiku to take over after Buhari. Where is your sense of fairness? You see the difference between Yorubas and your ilks? When such injustice was to be perpetrated against the north, Yorubas resisted it. We supported Buhari against the reigning power of then. We’re happy we did and if such situation presents itself again, we’ll gladly repeat what we did in 2015. But in your case, it doesn’t matter. Tinubu is better than Atiku.

Peter Obi is in the race, support him to prove your liberalism, otherwise, keep quiet. A bloody tribalist like you badmouthing liberal people.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 13, 2023
Alphagan:

Of course, it is a no go area for people like you because the purpose for its creation has been achieved. Time to move on, innit?

I repeat, you’re the biggest tribalist for urging an Atiku to take over after Buhari. Where is your sense of fairness? You see the difference Yorubas and your ilks? When such injustice was to be perpetrated against the north, Yorubas resisted it. We supported Buhari against the reigning power of then. We’re happy we did and if such situation presents itself again, we’ll gladly repeat what we did in 2015. But in your case, it doesn’t matter. Tinubu is better than Atiku.

Peter Obi is in the race, support him to prove your liberalism, otherwise, keep quiet. A bloody tribalist like you badmouthing liberal people.

If it's injustice for Atiku to succeed buhari, it's same for a yoruba man, even worse.

The north east has never been represented..

Tinubu is also the worst candidate in the race.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Conner44: 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

Yeah bro, I hope he doesn't postpones

Ah shocked i thought it’s been you who has been postponing his stepping down date . . . So you’re trying to tell us that it’s actually been peter Obi himself telling you that he’s no longer stepping down again these past 4 times?

Remember this will be the 5th date you’re giving us concerning this peter Obi’s stepping down cheesy
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Alphagan(m): 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

If it's injustice for Atiku to succeed buhari, it's same for a yoruba man, even worse.

The north east has never been represented..

Tinubu is also the worst candidate in the race.

Then support Peter Obi

Show to the world you’re not a tribalist.

Forget about Tinubu, support Obi.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Alphagan:

Then support Peter Obi

Show to the world you’re not a tribalist.

Forget about Tinubu, support Obi.

Why would I support someone that can't win??

If Atiku doesn't win Tinubu wins, if Tinubu doesn't win Atiku wins, that's the only ground.

And the only Justice here left is let one disadvantaged region get the presidency, while the main task is dislodging APC that has further ruined the country
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2023
Conner44:

Ah shocked i thought it’s been you who has been postponing his stepping down date . . . So you’re trying to tell us that it’s actually been peter Obi himself telling you that he’s no longer stepping down again these past 4 times?

Remember this will be the 5th date you’re giving us concerning this peter Obi’s stepping down cheesy

He's yet to find the perfect excuse
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Conner44: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

He's yet to find the perfect excuse

I don’t understand undecided what exactly do you say Peter Obi is yet to find?

Is it the perfect excuse to step down or the perfect excuse not to step down again? undecided
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Alphagan(m): 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

Why would I support someone that can't win??

If Atiku doesn't win Tinubu wins, if Tinubu doesn't win Atiku wins, that's the only ground.

And the only Justice here left is let one disadvantaged region get the presidency, while the main task is dislodging APC that has further ruined the country

Stop hiding your tribal intent under the guise of Obi won’t win. PO is a strong contender, the energy you’re dissipating to campaign against Tinubu, use the energy to champion the course of justice as defined by you, use the time to promote Obi, anything to the contrary is insincerity. A candidate with a strong base in two geopolitical zones stands a good chance.

Stop projecting your reality on the Yorubas. Remove the specks in your eyes before removing the logs in others. Stop being a tribalist. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Ttalk: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2023
Paulheyman:

All these Yoruba Muslims and their taqqiya.

Why did Oba of Lagos ask Igbos to drown in a lagoon? and why did Jagaban not condemn it?

We now know that you see us your fellow brothers as infidels just because of religion. If anyone tells me that you Muslims Yorubas will one day fight against us your brothers cos of religion I wouldn't believe it. A child of oduduwa an infidel cos of mere religion, just to please the north I am now my brothers worst enemy. Why must jihad start in our land why?
Where did you get this Youruba Muslim from? It first emanate from radio Biafra, invariably you are an IPOB turned Obidient
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2023
Tofa defeated Abiola in the SE
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by yarimo(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
Paulheyman:

All these Yoruba Muslims and their taqqiya.

Why did Oba of Lagos ask Igbos to drown in a lagoon? and why did Jagaban not condemn it?

We now know that you see us your fellow brothers as infidels just because of religion. If anyone tells me that you Muslims Yorubas will one day fight against us your brothers cos of religion I wouldn't believe it. A child of oduduwa an infidel cos of mere religion, just to please the north I am now my brothers worst enemy. Why must jihad start in our land why?
so it's now you know YORUBAS are your brothers? Aso rock is no go area for OBI
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by yarimo(m): 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

My point is I don't believe they stoned abiola, if they stoned him, he won't get half their votes..

Buhari ran twice and they didn't care, despite all they saw... Makes no sense...

You don't have to lie.
That means AYO ADEBANJO who LABOUR PARTY sees his endorsement as everything to them was lying
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Obakoolex(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
Out of the total votes of 1,530,119 in the then 4 SE states. Abiola got 739,748 votes.. That's about 48% votes..

SW is yet to give any SE candidate even 5%..
Yorubas should return the favor then we will get talking..
Don't use general figures to hide your lies....Igbo had 4 states then and Abiola lost 3 out of it. So don't worry we are returning the favour ok cool

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Lizzysamuel(f): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
omonnakoda:
Tofa defeated Abiola in the SE

Abiola won in Anambra.

Peter Obi is from Anambra.

You Yoruba's should reciprocate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Lizzysamuel(f): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2023
Obakoolex:

Don't use general figures to hide your lies....Igbo had 4 states then and Abiola lost 3 out of it. So don't worry we are returning the favour ok cool

Abiola won in Anambra, Peter Obi's state.

So you Yoruba's in Lagos should ensure Obi wins Lagos State, Tinubu's state.

Do you hear me?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Abiola won in Anambra.

He lost in the SE
Tofa defeated him
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2023
yarimo:
That means AYO ADEBANJO who LABOUR PARTY sees his endorsement as everything to them was lying

OF course, he is, and the rally Obi has had. In SW proves my point.

Adebanjo and Obasanjo, trying to scam Igbos, but it appears Igbo leaders are smart enough, since they've axed Obi.

Atiku is coming
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2023
Conner44:

I don’t understand undecided what exactly do you say Peter Obi is yet to find?

Is it the perfect excuse to step down or the perfect excuse not to step down again? undecided

The excuse to step down.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2023
Alphagan:

Stop hiding your tribal intent under the guise of Obi won’t win. PO is a strong contender, the energy you’re dissipating to campaign against Tinubu, use the energy to champion the course of justice as defined by you, use the time to promote Obi, anything to the contrary is insincerity. A candidate with a strong base in two geopolitical zones stands a good chance.

Stop projecting your reality on the Yorubas. Remove the specks in your eyes before removing the logs in others. Stop being a tribalist. Thank you.

Are you serious Obi has two zones?, he does not even have one Lga, talk more of senatorial District..

There's no difference between Obi and other candidates we don't know their names, anyone that doesn't want APC to win only has one alternative that's PDP.

There's nothing tribal about it.

Atiku is coming
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

Abiola won in Anambra.

We will reciprocate definitely
Obi will lose in the SW
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by OAT0720: 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2023
Election here and there.
I pray the best candidate win and power should return to South for equity, fairness and justice.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by hollandis(f): 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2023
How did kano from about 400,000 people become 1.5 million now .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by yarimo(m): 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
Thinkam:

OF course, he is, and the rally Obi has had. In SW proves my point.

Adebanjo and Obasanjo, trying to scam Igbos, but it appears Igbo leaders are smart enough, since they've axed Obi.

Atiku is coming
this is next president of Nigeria

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Lizzysamuel(f): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2023
omonnakoda:
We will reciprocate definitely
Obi will lose in the SW

And Tinubu will lose the main Election..

You're free to cry tho. I don't care
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by mrvitalis(m): 12:05am On Jan 14, 2023
Obakoolex:

Yes he lost 3 but got not less than 45 in each of them

Let obi get 35% in all south west states and lose south west to Tinubu we would gladly take it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Mindlog: 12:10am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:
If Obi gets 20k votes from South west, let motor jam me

Atiku is coming

Just make sure your health insurance is valid because you will be spending many months in hospital strapped up and that is if you are alive, having survived the jamming because the motor jamming you, is a sure banker. cheesy
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Deeeer: 12:13am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
OBI will no longer drop off d race again ?

You're very annoying and stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by tollyboy5(m): 12:55am On Jan 14, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Gbam!
SE gave Abiola 48%, gave Obasanjo over 80%(twice)...
SW should return the favor, @least 40%.

Obasanjo was an Igbo/Hausa candidate.

We owe you guys nothing!
Oh! Sorry, we owe you guys Biafra. Don't worry with Simon ekpa Biafra is coming lol.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Lizzysamuel(f): 1:48am On Jan 14, 2023
tollyboy5:

Obasanjo was an Igbo/Hausa candidate.

We owe you guys nothing!
Oh! Sorry, we owe you guys Biafra. Don't worry with Simon ekpa Biafra is coming lol.

What about Abiola?

Or your tribalism made you not to see that one too?
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Terror48: 2:23am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

Atiku is coming
I just pity you because there is power in the tongue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Tinubu's Certificate Is Fake,' Says Chicago Varsity Graduate. / Throwback : Akpabio Off The Mic Incident ( Was About Bunmi Ojo) / Nigerians Seeking Asylum Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.