Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election (3556 Views)

Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Omoyele Sowore With MKO Abiola In 1993 Fighting For Democracy (Throwback Video) / Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by 1Dray(m): 2:28am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:
If Obi gets 20k votes from South west, let motor jam me

Atiku is coming

Noted.
Stamped
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Ikpaitid: 2:53am On Jan 14, 2023
The presidency of Nigeria is not for Yeeebos. Nigerians are going to vote for a real Nigerian. We must continue to lord over Mkpulumili people.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by ebufa: 3:04am On Jan 14, 2023
Superwave16320:
This is coming from Igbos that stoned Awolowo with a Christian Christian ticket and support Kanu when he directed Kumuyi should be killed if he ever step his foot in alaigbo for a crusade. You fools have no idea how foolish you sound when you argue.

The joke is on your Igbo fathers.

Trash as usual...........vote Tinubu or atiku nah......this time you morons will japa to the moon!
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Minjim: 3:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Don't sat, " Abiola even won in Anambra."

He only won in Anambra.

Abiola was a name that transcends ethnicity and religion.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Keskyramirez: 5:29am On Jan 14, 2023
Maazieze:
Politics should not be a game of Ethnic scratch my back and i scratch yours, ignore all candidates that rely on the politics of old that led to our current predicament, any candidate that has consistent principles and a proven track record is good enough for presidency. regardless of tribe.

Very correct my dear brother , this Nigeria is for all of us, if it's in good hand it bodes well for us ,if it's not we will all suffer from bad policies .I will stand on the fact that religion and tribalism had destroyed this giant of a nation.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Keskyramirez: 5:32am On Jan 14, 2023
yarimo:
The same people that stone ABIOLA when he went to campaign in the east, may be you are a kid at that time and now. you don't have the opportunity to read history.

where is the proof I believe you to be an adult , stop inciting tribal sentiments here ...I know nairaland has gone to the dogs but let's try to hold it down as adults at least
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by caprock(m): 7:00am On Jan 14, 2023
NEW BOOK ALERT: BUSINESS STRATEGY FROM IGBO FATHERS subtitled Business strategies and tactics that Igbo fathers teach their children and apprentices. The book is currently selling on amazon. Available in Paperback and kindle editions.

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Image123(m): 7:12am On Jan 14, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
For those that say Igbos hate Yoruba's and trying to incite tribal wars in this 2023 Election, note that Igbos are not your problem.

For the fact that APC failed to present a credible candidate both in 2015 and this 2023 shouldn't be used to insult the sensibility of Igbos.

In 1993, MKO Abiola (SDP) contested against Bashir Tofar(NRC) and Sylvester Ugoh, an Igbo man was the running mate of Tofar and yet Igbos voted for MKO because he was more credible. MKO even won in Anambra state.

Same thing happened in the time of Obasanjo against their brother and leader Odumegwu Ojukwu.

Now that an Igbo man is in the race of 2023 election, and that same Igbo man is the most credible, what's wrong if Igbos support him?

Tofa won Abia, Enugu, Imo(3 out of the 4 SEast states) and even Rivers state by your attached pictures. Things have not changed significantly.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Ekpeitit(m): 7:26am On Jan 14, 2023
That's your problem,nobody forced you to vote.
GO AND REPORT TO SIMON EKPA.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by nnamdi640: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2023
yarimo:
stoning and giving votes are 2 different things. Why will eastheners stone ABIOLA ?
was it the whole state that stoned him?
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by DMerciful(m): 7:52am On Jan 14, 2023
Look at the data and stop whipping sentiments. Abiola got 48% in SE!
yarimo:
The same people that stone ABIOLA when he went to campaign in the east, may be you are a kid at that time and now. you don't have the opportunity to read history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:15am On Jan 14, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

And Tinubu will lose the main Election..

You're free to cry tho. I don't care
I will be glad it he loses. Next?
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:17am On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Look at the data and stop whipping sentiments. Abiola got 48% in SE!
There were only two candidates
The SE rejected Abiola.
Tofa defeated Abiola in the SE
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:22am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

Don't know about that, but buhari and apc is a typical example of what Igbos reject.

And abiola votes proves there was no rejection, considering his opponent had a Igbo VP.

Atiku is coming
Abiola proves there was rejection
In a contest between two candidates there is only one winner with no prize for second
Abiola was defeated by Tofa.

The important is is we respect the rights of people to vote for who they like

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 14, 2023
omonnakoda:
Abiola proves there was rejection
In a contest between two candidates there is only one winner with no prize for second
Abiola was defeated by Tofa.

The important is is we respect the rights of people to vote for who they like

So since buhari won, despite the little votes Igbos gave him, does that mean, Igbos accepted buhari?

Going by your impressive logic sir?
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by DMerciful(m): 8:36am On Jan 14, 2023
Dont be a joke man! Presidential election is based on number of votes and spread. It is not based on number of states won or region beside there was nothing like SE then. Even now, nothing like SE constitutionally
omonnakoda:
The SE rejected Abiola.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by DMerciful(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2023
You think 48% is a joke? My own father loved Abiola and voted for him!
omonnakoda:
The SE rejected Abiola.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:38am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

So since buhari won, despite the little votes Igbos gave him, does that mean, Igbos accepted buhari?

Going by your impressive logic sir?
That is YOUR Aha made logic.
Only a block head will reason like that.
Your logic is not impressive,it is depressive
According to Your logic
Ibos accepted Abiola
So you can see that you are foolish
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:42am On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
You think 48% is a joke? My own father loved Abiola and voted for him!
There were two candidates so either he wins or he loses
Did he win ?
I don't know you get 48% from
There were 4 states in SE and he LOST in 3

He lost in the SE

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:47am On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Dont be a joke man! Presidential election is based on number of votes and spread. It is not based on number of states won or region beside there was nothing like SE then. Even now, nothing like SE constitutionally
What a revelation!

Did Tofa defeat Abiola in the SE or did Abiola defeat Tofa?

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 14, 2023
omonnakoda:
That is YOUR Aha made logic.
Only a block head will reason like that.
Your logic is not impressive,it is depressive
According to Your logic
Ibos accepted Abiola
So you can see that you are foolish

Then express your logic, brilliantly to this block head Oh wise one!

If Buhari had gotten 48% of Igbos vote at anytime of his elections, there'd no one saying Igbos hate buhari.

48% of votes is too generous for some you hate or reject don't you think?

Even Jonathan didn't get 48% from SW in 2014.
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 8:50am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

Then express your logic, brilliantly to this block head Oh wise one!

If Buhari had gotten 48% of Igbos vote at anytime of his elections, there'd no one saying Igbos hate buhari.

48% of votes is too generous for some you hate or reject don't you think?

Even Jonathan didn't get 48% from SW in 2014.
What is my business with Buhari?
First I don't know where you got 48% from
Whether it was 49.9999%
The bottom line is Tofa won
I do not believe the 48% so you need to provide a source
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 14, 2023
omonnakoda:
What is my business with Buhari?
First I don't know where you got 48% from
Whether it was 49.9999%
The bottom line is Tofa won
I do not believe the 48% so you need to provide a source

Then you're the blockhead, debating on what you know nothing about.

Go and study grandad..
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by DMerciful(m): 8:55am On Jan 14, 2023
He did not lose in SE because there's no criteria like that. The criteria is number of votes and 25% in 2/3 states. So saying whether he won states or not is pedestrian
omonnakoda:
There were two candidates so either he wins or he loses
Did he win ?
I don't know you get 48% from
There were 4 states in SE and he LOST in 3

He lost in the SE
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by DMerciful(m): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2023
Hope you know that the first primaries that IBB annulled, the Yorubas did not protest because the annulment favored them; they lost the first primaries. It was yhe second primaries Abiola won. So you can see the sentiment...when the lost the first primariesand it was annulled, they were happy
omonnakoda:
What a revelation!

Did Tofa defeat Abiola in the SE or did Abiola defeat Tofa?
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 9:12am On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Hope you know that the first primaries that IBB annulled, the Yorubas did not protest because the annulment favored them; they lost the first primaries. It was yhe second primaries Abiola won. So you can see the sentiment...when the lost the first primariesand it was annulled, they were happy
This is an irrelevant and stupid comment
Did Ibos protest? So it favoured Ibos?
Think before talking
No one lost the first primaries you are a liar they were never concluded
This is why no one takes you seriously you lie without restraint
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2023
DMerciful:
He did not lose in SE because there's no criteria like that. The criteria is number of votes and 25% in 2/3 states. So saying whether he won states or not is pedestrian
Actually there is such criteria . Simple majority is the next consideration when two candidates fulfil the spread criteria. You are either not fully informed or dishonest.
Certainly there was reaction and criticism within the context of a military government
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by omonnakoda: 9:17am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

Then you're the blockhead, debating on what you know nothing about.

Go and study grandad..
Where did you get 48% from?
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by NothingDoMe: 9:26am On Jan 14, 2023
SLAP44:

Every Igboman in those days loved Abiola and Shina Peters. I know because my dad told me.
Fact. Abiola was so loved that many ignored his mus-mus ticket. Abiola was of sound mind and an excellent business man.

We do we have today? A man hiding in a room to dish out statistics without any press coverage. A mentally declined individual being forced as president. A man that became rich and still feeds off Lagos coffers.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by NothingDoMe: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2023
Thinkam:

Yeah bro, I hope he doesn't postpones
Lmao cheesy
Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by Tochi3(m): 9:37am On Jan 14, 2023
yarimo:
stoning and giving votes are 2 different things. Why will eastheners stone ABIOLA ?

Re: How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election by DMerciful(m): 9:43am On Jan 14, 2023
What is simple majority? Not number of votes?
omonnakoda:
Actually there is such criteria . Simple majority is the next consideration when two candidates fulfil the spread criteria. You are either not fully informed or dishonest.
Certainly there was reaction and criticism within the context of a military government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Storms Filling Stations In Lagos / Benin City Is A Hellhole / Is Imo State One Of The Best Yuletide Destinations? (amazing Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.