Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse (16839 Views)

When A Wife Returns After Separation / Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by LikeAking: 11:35am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:
I have a cousin who has been in an abusive marriage for the past 12years. Not necessarily physical but emotional and verbal abuse. She is totally fed up as her mental health has been deteriorating due to constant fear. Her husband happens to be a rich but mischievous man and she is worried about what the man could do should she file for legal seperation.

Her concern is that he may go after her if she files for seperation. Secondly, is it the court that determines custody of their 3 children(12, 11, 9). She have already found accommodation but hasnt informed him of her plans to separate. She doesnt want anything from him as she has a successful business.

Are there steps she must take to forestall any bullying?

Experienced people should please contribute.

Her problem.

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by SPAMBOX7: 11:36am On Jan 16, 2023
Your cousin or you

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by DeeTweenie(f): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2023
She can as well contact Wazobia FM, Nedu and Tombobele can assist her.
Also Judge Asaolu will also help if she doesn't mind her face to show in YouTube
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by FreedomArmy: 11:40am On Jan 16, 2023
Vote peter obi and all these divorce will stop and peace will return to all Nigeria families.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Dougyclan: 11:40am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:
I have a cousin who has been in an abusive marriage for the past 12years. Not necessarily physical but emotional and verbal abuse. She is totally fed up as her mental health has been deteriorating due to constant fear. Her husband happens to be a rich but mischievous man and she is worried about what the man could do should she file for legal seperation.

Her concern is that he may go after her if she files for seperation. Secondly, is it the court that determines custody of their 3 children(12, 11, 9). She have already found accommodation but hasnt informed him of her plans to separate. She doesnt want anything from him as she has a successful business.

In her case all she needs now is what we call (senyi kai) it will cost her 4000 to put together, that man will wash her clothes if she wants. 09034568201
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Flakky26(f): 11:42am On Jan 16, 2023
It is possible to be married and have heaven on earth marriage ,you need wisdom ,knowledge etc . Join happy couples Christian whatsapp group for the married for daily wisdom tips for happy marriage and a platform to network ,discuss and interact with other Christian couples click
[url]sites.google.com/view/happycouples[/url]
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by KingMiike: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2023
When people seek to establish case of emotional and especially "verbal" abuse against women, I wonder! Between man and woman, who sabi use their mouth pass? I laugh.

So, the man has being the one use his mouth to run her down and causing emotional abuse? Wait till a woman abuses you. If you are not emotional stable, you can jump in the lagoon.
Anyways, find peaceful way to solve the problem Separating from her husband and raising the children alone will make the children likely hate their father. This is why we have feminists all over the place now. Let's stop polaring and weaponising sexes directly or indirectly.

6 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by bonnyhope: 11:43am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

Who established the biz for her?

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by imagrg(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2023
Hear her:
The man is verbally abusing her, not physically though.

The man is not mad. It takes two to tango.

I believe your sister is already enjoying big young preek she bought outside the home. cool

2 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by bonnyhope: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

One sided story how? Did I say the man is a devil or that my cousin is a saint. The question is basically how to get a peaceful seperation without fear of being bullied

It might not result to bullying just that th man may retrieve all his assets(business) from her - African way.

In Africa, if a woman rejects the husband, she is equally ready to submit everything the man has given her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Shokoloko(f): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2023
imagrg:
Hear her:
The man is verbally abusing her, not physically though.

The man is not mad. It takes two to tango.

I believe your sister is already enjoying big young preek she bought outside the home. cool
It doesn't matter what the sister is enjoying.
Look at the facts at hand. The lady wants an amicable separation and she is not planning to keep away the kids from their father. HER REQUEST IS REASONABLE!!!

OP IF YOU EVER HAVE TO POST INQUIRING ABOUT SEPERATION OR DIVORCE USE A MALE MONIKER. You will get more responses.
Most of the young men here are not very happy that you have portrayed your cousin to look like she is also very comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by efeski(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

She should speak to a lawyer asap
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Dougyclan: 11:50am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

Well, if she's still in love with her husband and want to keep him, let her go "Senyi Kai" is a harmless combination that will bring the man's head back home, and creates a peaceful home.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by josite: 11:50am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

Let her save money.

For new home,new business,smart lawyer .after this let her call me
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Dougyclan: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2023
Dougyclan:
Well, if she's still in love with her husband and want to keep him, let her go "Senyi Kai" is a harmless combination that will bring the man's head back home, and creates a peaceful home.
talk to me here 09034568201
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by akpunda86: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

Successful business from his money ,if I check well must be from an average family then having successfully established herself well she wants a divorce.
She had already paid for a �,wow well planned and soon she will join club of single mums looking for same dick.
Well for 12 years you said she endured and at the eleventh hour her eyes opened,I tell you the story is not complete,u or she said it to favour her.
Stories like this don't end well wish her good but if she wants to go let her leave the kids and go dragging it with him with her successful business money she stole from him will dwindle her.
Bros she insists,it never ends well.

5 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by nedekid: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2023
okeke6969:
This is one sided story, but anyway search for the justice court on YouTube. Precidinding judge funmi Asaolu.
You will see their e mail address, then
tell your cousin to file her case. Both of them will be invited..
The justice court is in Lagos.

www.thejusticecourt.com
He might not want to appear on TV.

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 16, 2023
The rich also cry, evidently.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by chris51(f): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
Do people file for separation?
If you want to separate, you separate, you separate then file for divorce.

Don't you have relations to discuss with? This is really a family matter. In a decent set up, when a lady moves out of her husband's house, she goes to her parents.

Both families usually intervene first, before filling for anything.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by chris51(f): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
chris51:
Do people file for separation?
If you want to separate, you separate, you separate then file for divorce.

Don't you have relations to discuss with? This is really a family matter. In a decent set up, when a lady moves out of her husband's house, she goes to her parents.

Both families usually intervene first, before filling for anything.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by zedegit: 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
Socratiz:
She doesn't need a lawyer especially because this is happening in Lagos state.

There is a Lagos State Agency she can contact. The government will intervene and the man will not be able to harass her unless he wants he wants to taste prison beans.

I am not sure whether the information should be shared on a public forum like this.

You can send me a mail so that I give you the necessary information

Nothing secret unless you want to scam someone.

Human rights agency should handle it.

2 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
akpunda86:

Successful business from his money ,if I check well must be from an average family then having successfully established herself well she wants a divorce.
She had already paid for a �,wow well planned and soon she will join club of single mums looking for same dick.
Well for 12 years you said she endured and at the eleventh hour her eyes opened,I tell you the story is not complete,u or she said it to favour her.
Stories like this don't end well wish her good [b]but if she wants to go let her leave the kids [/b]and go dragging it with him with her successful business money she stole from him will dwindle her.

Why should she leave the kids when she is also their biological mother just as the man is their father unless it is proven otherwise.

Separation does not only mean the woman having sole custody but can mean sharing custody with the father as agreed by both parties and documented by their lawyers.

2 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Thermodynamics(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

Na them, I hate broke men, I can't date and build with a broke man, I want an already made man so I can leach on his wealth. How do you expect the rich man to love and trust you when he know you came for the money. She should carry her cross.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Emaprince: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
Men are regularly verbally abused by women. But women won't take what they dish out.

Imagine men suing for divorce due to abuses from their wives. There won't be any married couple again.

I will rather advice men to learn to verbally abuse back a disrespectful wife instead of beating her up.

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by nedekid: 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
akpunda86:

Stories like this don't end well wish her good but if she wants to go let her leave the kids and go dragging it with him with her successful business money she stole from him will dwindle her.
How are you sure he did not become rich through her or her family imput? You cannot be sure.
I know a lady with currently stinkingly rich hubby. When they married, he moved in with her. Drove her cars for years until he was promoted at work to server under one current oga in charge of naira. Now niggar is misbehaving big time.
Hmm, and who told you stories don't end well? It might be rough at first but some of the stabilize and do quite well. I know one that thought he was ontop then, left the lady with 3 kids and moved on flaunting the new wife.
Omo, 10 years or so now, wife extablished abroad, peak of her career, leaves in white gated community, PhD, kids went to private schools, now uni, doing well.
Things are now rough for the oga here in naija. He has being begging to come make up the marriage again. But how woman weh don stay independent for donkey years go wan stay under man again? She will rather have a partner.

4 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by akpunda86: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mindlog:

Why should she leave the kids when she is also their biological mother just as the man is their father unless it is proven otherwise.

Separation does not only mean the woman having sole custody but can mean sharing custody with the father as agreed by both parties and documented by their lawyers.
Avoid stories that touch the heart and u think the man have time 4 court cases hahaha,have u seen where kids were all sent out and not even the country d woman will know ,some times silence is best answer ,a woman that opens her mouth and say I want to divorce or separate can still kill.Have u heard of sudden ,when love dies craziness starts,either she take the kids and run away or sudden comes and kids stay with dad I heard oga is VIOLENT.let it not to to VAWLUENCE.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Kingcalls: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
Women always instigating divorce....if men should start to react by divorcing women that make them unhappy, then 99% of marriages will collapse

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 12:14pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Na them, I hate broke men, I can't date and build with a broke man, I want an already made man so I can leach on his wealth. How do you expect the rich man to love and trust you when he know you came for the money. She should carry her cross.

Which cross? She say she no wan do again and not begging for financial assistance.

Let us not give the impression that "broke men" make the "perfect husband" . A "broke man" can also be irresponsible, some "broke men" when they finally hit it big, tend to discard their wives who were there for them when they were at their lowest and upgrade to women who would dare not even look at them when they were broke. wink

4 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by akpunda86: 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2023
nedekid:

How are you sure he did not become rich through her or her family imput? You cannot be sure.
I know a lady with currently stinkingly rich hubby. When they married, he moved in with her. Drove her cars for years until he was promoted at work to server under one current oga in charge of naira. Now niggar is misbehaving big time.
Hmm, and who told you stories don't end well? It might be rough at first but some of the stabilize and do quite well. I know one that thought he was ontop then, left the lady with 3 kids and moved on flaunting the new wife.
Omo, 10 years or so now, wife extablished abroad, peak of her career, leaves in white gated community, PhD, kids went to private schools, now uni, doing well.
Things are now rough for the oga here in naija. He has being begging to come make up the marriage again. But how woman weh don stay independent for donkey years go wan stay under man again? She will rather have a partner.

In all love rules I respect seoerated and divorced couples not about sex infact my guy dat his family dey here while he de outside I asked him how they cope.
I stayed 6 months away from home here in Naija,wow I miss my kids ,my wife ,my dogs,my home infact was home sic even a beautiful side chic can't fill up the vaccum,iv to employ people to continue while I monitor from base.

Abeg divorce, seoerated not good for homes,noting like a family

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
akpunda86:

Avoid stories that touch the heart and u think the man have time 4 court cases hahaha,have u seen where kids were all sent out and not even the country d woman will know ,some times silence is best answer ,a woman that opens her mouth and say I want to divorce or separate can still kill.Have u heard of sudden ,when love dies craziness starts,either she take the kids and run away or sudden comes and kids stay with dad I heard oga is VIOLENT.let it not to to VAWLUENCE.

Even Dangote that have no time for court cases, know why he has lawyers on his payroll. cheesy

So a man who opens his mouth and say he wants divorce or separation can not kill? shocked

The man get money and connections pass the sons of Babaginda, Atiku etc whey their ex-wives finally got custody of the children from their marriage? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by neonly: 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:

Yes he is rich. But she isnt exactly struggling too as she can afford a good lawyer. Secondly, she isnt really looking for full custody as she wants him to be a full part of their lives. I'm basically wondering if there are precautionary measures she needs to take before officially serving him

U mean u want yur cousins or whatever to have asset to d man money tru (child keeping)
Thief
See una never jam correct mad man u and yur whatever rubbish
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Thermodynamics(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
Mindlog:

Which cross? She say she no wan do again and not begging for financial assistance.

Let us not give the impression that "broke men" make the "perfect husband" . A "broke man" can also be irresponsible, some "broke men" when they finally hit it big, tend to discard their wives who were there for them when they were at their lowest and upgrade to women who would dare not even look at them when they were broke. wink

True, but on a wider scale most rich men value and stay with the woman who stood by them during hard times and most rich men do not value the women they met after they became rich.

It's highly possible that the husband was the one who opened the business for the woman the OP is talking about.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Long Does Your Cooking Gas Last. / The Other Side Of The “story From The Grave” Ogochukwu Cecilia Onuchukwu Rip - T / N20,000 Tradermoni Tears Adamawa Couple Apart As Husband Drags Wife To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.