Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse (16957 Views)

When A Wife Returns After Separation / Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 17, 2023
Nairalanders! Who asked you all all this! I thought op was looking for legal advice. People here are hard headed and bitter asf! No legal advice just people projecting their opinions and issues on people! Assumptions everywhere; to assume makes an ass out of you and me! Dumbasses…
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 17, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

A restraining order will protect her against his emotional abuse.

To get a restraining order, she needs a lawyer.

In fact, the first thing she needs right now is a competent lawyer.

One can get a restraining order for emotional abuse? I don’t know why this cracks me up!
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by onoja12: 2:50am On Jan 17, 2023
You must be confused I repeat according to Nigerian law,children come before selfish interest.the second you tell the court your reason for divorce is verbal abuse,quote me from that point on you would loss every and all grounds on all issues.Nigerian Court are interested to know why the division of the children is necessary in the first place.

quote author=Mindlog post=120104249]

As long as their biological mother is alive and you can not clinically prove she is mentally disordered nor her lifestyle endangers the children and while married, you were the one more present in the children' lives and the children can attest to all you said about their mother when independently assessed, you can't replace motherhood with your new wife! cheesy.

Make your new wife focus on being a better mother to the ones she will have for you. cheesy

if court granted custody to the ex-wives of the sons of Babaginda and Atiku, abeg how much you get whey woman wan gold dig? cheesy

I can't wait to be an expert witness in the family courts. cool[/quote]
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 3:07am On Jan 17, 2023
onoja12:
You must be confused I repeat according to Nigerian law,children come before selfish interest.the second you tell the court your reason for divorce is verbal abuse,quote me from that point on you would loss every and all grounds on all issues.Nigerian Court are interested to know why the division of the children is necessary in the first place.

quote author=Mindlog post=120104249]

As long as their biological mother is alive and you can not clinically prove she is mentally disordered nor her lifestyle endangers the children and while married, you were the one more present in the children' lives and the children can attest to all you said about their mother when independently assessed, you can't replace motherhood with your new wife! cheesy.

Make your new wife focus on being a better mother to the ones she will have for you. cheesy

if court granted custody to the ex-wives of the sons of Babaginda and Atiku, abeg how much you get whey woman wan gold dig? cheesy

I can't wait to be an expert witness in the family courts. cool

You are the one reeling in confusion.

Continuous verbal abuse is a ground to end a marriage because of its negative mental health impact on the spouse it is been directed at. Go ask a family lawyer and stop posting your assumption as FACT, unless you are going to cite the Nigerian law that states sustained verbal abuse is not a ground for the dissolution of marriage.....I am waiting!

I know you don't consider sustained verbal abuse as being toxic but no judge worth his or her salt would be dimissive of that.

Should the spouse present a psychological assessment report that shows the spouse is clinically depressed and also presents the antidepressants he/she is on, in your mind the Judge would consider it as a non-issue.

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:55am On Jan 17, 2023
HudaIna:

One can get a restraining order for emotional abuse? I don’t know why this cracks me up!

Restraining orders are in fact tailored for emotional abuse.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by okeke6969: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2023
Yimmicks:

You can be polite while offering the information you know..

Which one be your own, loud mouth. Ukagbu somebody
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by chris51(f): 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. In that equally decent setup you have in your head there, when a man files for divorce, does he also move back home to his parents? undecided

2. Why? What Law or rule mandates any of what you claim? undecided

Please mind your language. You don't insult people anyhow.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Kobojunkie: 3:41am On Feb 14, 2023
chris51:
Please mind your language. You don't insult people anyhow.
Again...1. In that equally decent setup you have in your head there, when a man files for divorce, does he also move back home to his parents? undecided

2. Why? What Law or rule mandates any of what you claim? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Long Does Your Cooking Gas Last. / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account? / Marriage: Specs Or Peace Of Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.