Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? (34020 Views)

Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by DriveByKiller: 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
christistruth01:

Actually Okpanam is an Olukumi Town

Their founding Ancestors were Yorubas from Owo and Akure

They became Igbo Speaking with time

Ask them
may thunder and lightening destroy your history and lineage as you try to change other people's heritage.

Son of a peasant osu
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 2elliot: 11:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
tollyboy5:

Stop defending ironsi and other top igbo leaders that miraculously escaped.
If today, someone brave enough decides to take down this govt in order to clean the dirty system. So, in your myopic mind, the likes of Osibanjo and a few refined politicians should also be taken out alongside some very obvious corrupt politicians just to prove a point that the person's mission is not partial? Is that what you would expect? No right thinking person will argue that a few Igbo soldiers attempted to overthrow a democratic govt, and then expect to rule the rest of the country in perpetuality. Na ment? Does it sound logical to you? Let's forget political and tribal bants. Unless, perhaps, some powerful foreign powers like even the Britain was in support of such move. It doesn't sound logical. How did they expect to fight of the pressures that would have arose from both domestic and foreign? The eastern region at the time had not much to gain from a united unitary system, since neither oil nor any major natural resources(revenues) came from other regions at the time. The push for minorities break away from the south east was still yet a threat at the time. So, what could have possibly motivated it?
But you see, power was concentrated in Lagos, and the major political gladiators were from the north and south west at the time. And with the political crisis that erupted in the south west due to the wild politics between Awolowo and Akintola, and coupled with some other issues in the north that led to crisis, the soldiers hastily adjudged the situation and felt it was good enough reason to cleanse the system. Perhaps, they should have given it more time and hoped on the political gladiators to receive some sense eventually.
So, you see, my guy. Even if we continue to analyse the past and apportion blames to one another, what has happened has happen. We who are living must find a common solution. If not, we will continue running in circles.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by DriveByKiller: 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:

You are the first person I’m hearing accuse Ironsi of masterminding the coup. Nobody has done that before, including scholars.

The only thing that has ever been used against Ironsi was his prevarication to prosecute the coup plotters.

So, where are you getting your narratives?
that idiot is possessed by an blind evil spirit
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Sandazblack: 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
tinsel:

That coup started all these nonsense in Nigeria

No it didn’t you whopper! 1945 and 1953 massacre of the Igbos unprovoked by the Northerners started the hate and distrust

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Sandazblack: 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
omale88:
dont get it wrong,i understand, your point of view concerning this,but all those other coups didn't follow similar rythme as that of nzeogu,if you read history it was the first coup to happen in Nigeria,ironsi didn't have a hard time defeating nzeogu to regain control,as a matter of fact there was hardly any battle,and in the end nzeogu wasn't put in prison as it should be,he was walking as a free man,so many red flags hanging around,not to mention how he converted money given to him for a different purpose to arm his colleagues,also there was a controversial cartoon poster about the northern elites who where killed during the coupe one year after it happened which triggered mixed feelings,you cant talk about other coups with highlighting the first.the first of anything is the best reference because each that follows is an exact replica of the first,nzeogu thought our soldiers a bad thing and they followed same as festus okotie eboh thought our politicians corruption. i understand your pain,its not easy to be always reminded of a hurt or wrong you've done,but history exists so you can prove people wrong.

So how about the unprovoked massacre of the Igbos in 1945 and 1953 or isn’t that part of history?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Luckylife(m): 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Awolowo acted solely by himself on whatever thing he was chasing as at the time. But the subject matter in particular here involves over 7 or more Igbo men as key conspirator and orchestrator of one of the greatest dark days in Nigeria history
Some one will die of heart attacks today because of Peter Obi.

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
DenreleDave:

E don run.. Omo yee---bo nya--amuriiiiii fl@t hea/d olori gbeske don run

Ur region is in eternal ruin.. grin grin grin

Nwata bunye nna ya elu, ihe o huru o nweru.....

Ara bu nani otu onye ka odiri.....mmadu abuo anaghi anyi ara....

I will rather face An Hausa man that tells me his A is A, then face a Yoruba Muslim like you that leaves (A) and go and gather what an Husa man said about (A), and come to tell me , that's what he knows about (A)....

In all this trash you mentioned.....where is the Yoruba man attached to this?....lols

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Because of this year’s election, this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day has taken different dimensions with some elements trying to remind some Nigerians who killed their ancestors.

But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so.

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.

So, I want to know what changed… Kaduna Nzeogwu is from Okpanam in Delta State.

Why is Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam an Igbo man but Okpanam is not an Igboland, and everyone else in Okpanam are not Igbos?
I he had succeded , He would have been Automatically been recognized as An NDIGBO ............,..
Have you thought about that eeehn tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by egbetokuns(m): 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Because of this year’s election, this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day has taken different dimensions with some elements trying to remind some Nigerians who killed their ancestors.

But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so.

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.

So, I want to know what changed… Kaduna Nzeogwu is from Okpanam in Delta State.

Why is Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam an Igbo man but Okpanam is not an Igboland, and everyone else in Okpanam are not Igbos?

That coup was genesis of many coup in Nigeria. Every other coup became retaliation from the first coup. Be reminded that the wound of that coup is still not heal today.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by SleekyP(m): 12:04am On Jan 17, 2023
Yeebos...fear them grin

They can never be trusted....RIP to our fallen soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tradepunter: 12:06am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:
According to the creator of this thread, he said:
"But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so."

A Coup that was masterminded, orchestrated and executed by key heartless people like ; Chukuwama Nzeogwu, Anuforo,Onwuatuegwu, Emmanuel Efeajuna, Humphrey Chukwuma, Don Okafor from one tribe and One ethnic group only is what?

Is it a Fulani coup? Our problem in this country is when the truth is against our interest or affiliations, we always tend to see it as campaign of calumnies against us.

Truth should always be truth, irrespective of whether it favour us or not.
And the plain truth is that what happened that day jan. 15th 1966, was more of an organised Ethnic cleans!ng, a tr!bal war not just a coup.

Because after all this, Umunnakwe Aguyi-Irons! (the head of state then) from same tribe, did nothing in bringing this people to justice.

Fake new propeller..... Propaganda machine..... Chunk out useless garbage but no credible source to verify your nonsense...

Let's pray karma takes it time with you because you are truly on a highway that leads to point of no return
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 12:08am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

Egbami, when did I insult you?

You havent insulted me or anyone. But i know it will surely start again. I know you so well.

I just hope it doesnt. How are you doing by the way. Good to see you are engaging more in political discussions now. I hate romance section.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Goodlady(f): 12:11am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

You havent insulted me or anyone. But i know it will surely start again. I know you so well.

I just hope it doesnt. How are you doing by the way. Good to see you are engaging more in political discussions now. I hate romance section.
I m fine sir. My work made me love politics sha. But it's too dangerous in Nigeria.
Romance section is cool just that there are numerous male kids there now that made the place look rough!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 12:13am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

I m fine sir. My work made me love politics sha. But it's too dangerous in Nigeria.
Romance section is cool just that there are numerous male kids there now that made the place look rough!

"My work made me love politics" ; I have seen you use that sentence alot. What do you do?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Luckylife(m): 12:25am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

"My work made me love politics" ; I have seen you use that sentence alot. What do you do?
I know all your family is Obidient but that evil spirit of money and sycophants associated with greed, uselessness and BAT thing wouldn't allow you join the winning thing. Have you recovered from incoming President Peter Obi excellent performance today or the sn|p€√ wasn't enough.

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Luckylife(m): 12:29am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Which insults by oneself is greater than supporting BAT thing combine with hearts attacks and sleeplessness Peter Obi is sharing for your likes till their senses are active

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by YakubuA: 12:33am On Jan 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh, really?

Now why is Gideon Okar’s coup not Tiv coup?

Why is Buhari coup not Fulani coup?

Why is Babaginda coup not Hausa coup?

Why is Nzeogwu’s coup the only one with that ethnic tag?

Because those who mastermind the coup are Igbos and only non-Igbos were killed. Furthermore when Ironsi came to power he refused to punish the culprits.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Pityoobi: 12:34am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Nzeogwu did the crime. Nzeogwu is not igbos.

Despite the Northern insecurities, no one has tagged the whole North as bandits.

How can a whole ethnic group answer for one man's crime.
I laugh when you all tried to deny the igboness of Patrick Chukwuma Nzeogwu. So what you are all trying to say now is that Anioma people are not Igbo, people that speak variant of Igbos and are referred to as sub group of Igbos...keep on denying your people because of the lies you intend to tell.

Kaduna's greedy actions directly and indirectly led to the civil war. The killing of the northern Oligarch by the Igboitic movement of Nzeogwu gave rise to the killings of the Igbos in the North.

Initially there have been history of serious acrimony between the Igbos and the Northerners over Igbo trying to dominate trade and government...like they are trying to do in Lagos right now, only the Yorubas are more superior in putting them in proper check.

Even though the unrest started during the time of Aguyi Ironsi, a counter coup that led to the murder of Aguyi Ironsi and other Igbo officers aggravated everything. This was the key ingredients needed by Ojokwu to begin his own personal agenda as the North boiled over with their perceived control of government after the coup with enough impetus to attack the Igbos.

The federal government led by the north was complacent because they actually wanted to give their people a breather from the choking effects the Igbos have had on them over the years. Remember the government of Tafewa Balewa was formed by aligning with Nnamdi Azikwe against the Yorubas and the Igbos finally betrayed them by killing their leaders and sparing theirs.

Igbos have the nack to annoy their host by unnecessary show of dominance. Like telling the Yorubas that Lagos is no mans land, I just this will not spill over some day. We are witnessing mass deportation of Igbos from Dubai, India and SA for reasons similar to this. Strange enough, Igbos do not experience this problem at home.

Nzeogwu was a friend of Ojukwu and fought on the side of the Biafrans, in fact he was killed in action during the civil war. It was Ojukwu that released from prison after Aguyi Ironsi sentenced him to a kind of protected custody in Aba prison.

When the Igbos want to start their own narrations, they will begin by claiming the killings was the major reason for starting Biafra, but won't say anything about the actions and activities that provoked the killings. Declaring Biafra was not the major reason to stop the carnage but working on tasking the Federal government to stop the killing decisively. Instead Ojukwu was looking for the control of the region?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tctrills: 12:34am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Awolowo acted solely by himself on whatever thing he was chasing as at the time. But the subject matter in particular here involves over 7 or more Igbo men as key conspirator and orchestrator of one of the greatest dark days in Nigeria history

Lol, the game here is to look for any Igbo man that has ever done something wrong and blame it on the entire tribe. That's interesting. And somehow, this stupidity is because of Peter Obi. Last year, you did not even remember January 15 but now, it's more important than Christmas. so 7 Igbo men now make up a whole race? Very funny. Awolowo was a Yoruba leader with millions of followers. These men were unknown before the coup.

Again, your claim that January 15 1966 was one of the darkest day in our history is false. We are living in the darkest times in our history. January 15 1966 is broad daylight compare to any day for the last 8 years. We have become the poverty capital of the world. We are the headquarters of 2 out of the top 10 terrorist groups in the world. Kidnapping is an everyday thing.
Don't also forget that there have been several coups after 1966. Your present president is a dirty coupist who destroyed democratic rule yet millions voted for him and no one is holding his tribe responsible for his actions.
To hold Igbos responsible for the actions of 7 men almost 60 years ago shows that you are just a smelly dirty tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by REDshouse(m): 12:34am On Jan 17, 2023
Alpharey:

Look at how " beautiful" your country is since you have been ruling. Let the suffering continue. Thank God the suffering knows no ethnic group from the other. It is survival of the fittest. Regardless of your tribe.
and how did anambra or enugu fare under igbo past governors. If ur governors have done the needful we should by now don't have any igbo selling gala in lagos traffic or doing drugs all over d world
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by zrocky: 12:38am On Jan 17, 2023
flokii:

If Yorubas hate Igbos as you say.. believe me, the Igbos would have long gone extinct.

ALL the successful Igbos you see today cut their teeth from Yoruba land, some born and bred in the west, grew up among Yorubas, enjoyed Awo's free education like every other Yoruba child and they never lacked in anyway.

Even after the civil war, Yorubas returned all Igbo properties and the rent paid by those who sublet their properties out.

Can same be said about Igbos who are so clannish and unwelcoming to other tribes in Nigeria?

Sensible people know that Yorubaland is the land where everyone gets equal treatment and equal chance to become something in life. In Unilag, UI, OAU and all the schools in South West you have Igbos and other tribes in their hundreds and thousands living life freely, nobody is imposing lockdown or inciting people to go and attack them on live radio.

So tell me how Yorubas are the ones hating.. Omuti Obiano, Okonjo Iweala and most prominent Igbos today lived and schooled in Yorubaland.

so no prominent Yorubas school in the south or in igbo land.

Your till acting the wrong way. Are you trying to say no Yoruba became successful in igbo land. What about other ethic group the efik people of calabar is a home to hopewaddell institute, university of calabar and other institutions of renounce does that mean they didn't produce anyone of prominent or importance. Are the efiks or other ethic groups not important to Nigeria. Its not all about we igbos, hausa and Yoruba

My point here is lets stop hating and start working together and build Nigeria for us all.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by zrocky: 12:40am On Jan 17, 2023
hartson:
lol,I have downloaded refugee application forms of key countries so I am fully prepared to japa under refugee route
So any huhuhu on,before or after election I don japa sharp sharp grin
omo I done yapa tete
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Luckylife(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

Egbami, when did I insult you?
Which insults by oneself is greater than supporting BAT thing combine with hearts attacks and sleeplessness Peter Obi is sharing for his shameless likes till their senses are active. Just ask him who is he supporting that his using lies, propaganda and ethnic bigotry to set Nigeria on fire because of chicken change BAT thing is giving them.

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Tingotoe: 12:44am On Jan 17, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:

that's why we ate your God like suya..smoke his bolls out.

hahahahahahaha...weaklings
And 3 million of you paid with their lives. Don't brag about evil
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Parizz: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

I think I need to go n explain why I did that.
I feel the name is making me appear like a bad girl. So yesterday morning. I just played with the deactivation bottom n I changed it.
can i finger your pussy?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47am On Jan 17, 2023
Pityoobi:
I laugh when you all tried to deny the igboness of Patrick Chukwuma Nzeogwu. So what you are all trying to say now is that Anioma people are not Igbo, people that speak variant of Igbos and are referred to as sub group of Igbos...keep on denying your people because of the lies you intend to tell.

Kaduna's greedy actions directly and indirectly led to the civil war. The killing of the northern Oligarch by the Igboitic movement of Nzeogwu gave rise to the killings of the Igbos in the North.

Initially there have been history of serious acrimony between the Igbos and the Northerners over Igbo trying to dominate trade and government...like they are trying to do in Lagos right now, only the Yorubas are more superior in putting them in proper check.

Even though the unrest started during the time of Aguyi Ironsi, a counter coup that led to the murder of Aguyi Ironsi and other Igbo officers aggravated everything. This was the key ingredients needed by Ojokwu to begin his own personal agenda as the North boiled over with their perceived control of government after the coup with enough impetus to attack the Igbos.

The federal government led by the north was complacent because they actually wanted to give their people a breather from the choking effects the Igbos have had on them over the years. Remember the government of Tafewa Balewa was formed by aligning with Nnamdi Azikwe against the Yorubas and the Igbos finally betrayed them by killing their leaders and sparing theirs.

Igbos have the nack to annoy their host by unnecessary show of dominance. Like telling the Yorubas that Lagos is no mans land, I just this will not spill over some day. We are witnessing mass deportation of Igbos from Dubai, India and SA for reasons similar to this. Strange enough, Igbos do not experience this problem at home.

Nzeogwu was a friend of Ojukwu and fought on the side of the Biafrans, in fact he was killed in action during the civil war. It was Ojukwu that released from prison after Aguyi Ironsi sentenced him to a kind of protected custody in Aba prison.

When the Igbos want to start their own narrations, they will begin by claiming the killings was the major reason for starting Biafra, but won't say anything about the actions and activities that provoked the killings. Declaring Biafra was not the major reason to stop the carnage but working on tasking the Federal government to stop the killing decisively. Instead Ojukwu was looking for the control of the region?

I tire for you. When did I try to deny the igboness of Nzeogwu. Stick to facts.

It is foolish putting the attack by Nzeogwu on the whole Igbos people. It is rubbish and stupidity.

That is like crucifying a whole family because a child is a criminal. Or burning a whole village because a person there is a kidnapper.

It does not concern the Igbos people. It is Nzeogwu that committed the act. The other soldiers that participated in it did it on their own will. They did not call or ask Igbo people.

Leave Igbos out of it and face the actors.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 12:49am On Jan 17, 2023
tctrills:

Lol, the game here is to look for any Igbo man that has ever done something wrong and blame it on the entire tribe. That's interesting. And somehow, this stupidity is because of Peter Obi. Last year, you did not even remember January 15 but now, it's more important than Christmas. so 7 Igbo men now make up a whole race? Very funny. Awolowo was a Yoruba leader with millions of followers. These men were unknown before the coup.

Again, your claim that January 15 1966 was one of the darkest day in our history is false. We are living in the darkest times in our history. January 15 1966 is broad daylight compare to any day for the last 8 years. We have become the poverty capital of the world. We are the headquarters of 2 out of the top 10 terrorist groups in the world. Kidnapping is an everyday thing.
Don't also forget that there have been several coups after 1966. Your present president is a dirty coupist who destroyed democratic rule yet millions voted for him and no one is holding his tribe responsible for his actions.
To hold Igbos responsible for the actions of 7 men almost 60 years ago shows that you are just a smelly dirty tribalist.

Here we go with the emotional victimisation card. What are you even implying? That we should sweep our history under the carpet so as not to hurt igbos feelings? I dont really get you.

The only way what happen 53years ago can be recounted as history is to tell the story the way it is, irrespective of whoever or whatever tribe was involved.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 12:52am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I tire for you. When did I try to deny the igboness of Nzeogwu. Stick to facts.

It is foolish putting the attack by Nzeogwu on the whole Igbos people. It is rubbish and stupidity.

That is like crucifying a whole family because a child is a criminal. Or burning a whole village because a person there is a kidnapper.

It does not concern the Igbos people. It is Nzeogwu that committed the act. The other soldiers that participated in it did it on their own will. They did not call or ask Igbo people.

Leave Igbos out of it and face the actors.

Until you people start leaving your emotions asides and start believing the truth that the igbo men who were involved wasnt just on a military coup mission. It was more of an ethnic cleansing.

I mean what do you call a coup where the Highest ranking Southwest and North military official were the first to be eleiminated?

Tell me...

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by EdwardRandy(m): 12:52am On Jan 17, 2023
YeeboMuslim:

Osu ,
Tell us who Ademoyega killed grin
Your cowardly and treacherous grandfathers could kill other people in cold blood but suddenly developed paralysis when it was time to kill Azikwe , Osadebey , Okpara and Ironsi grin grin
Typical ibo mentality grin grin.
Your useless forebears more than paid for their stupidity tho .

The thoughtless ibo tribal coup of 1966 led us to where we are today and no osu pig would enter Aso rock until you losers apologise to Nigerians for derailing the country
Apology kill you and your papa for there. Mugu.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Until you people start leaving your emotions asides and start believing the truth that the igbo men who were involved wasnt just on a military coup mission. It was more of an ethnic cleansing.

I mean what do you call a coup where the Highest ranking Southwest and North military official were the first to be eleiminated?

Tell me...

Whether ethnic cleansing or whatever you want to call it, hold them accountable for their actions and leave innocent people out of it.

We have bandits and Boko Haram people carrying out ethnic cleansing in communities. I have not heard anyone say innocent northerners should be killed for the actions of these militias.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Tell me...
.the country is burning and you are still caught up in fights that happened over four decades before you were born.

Let us fix the dying country. The killing and tribalism has not helped us in any way.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tctrills: 1:00am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Here we go with the emotional victimisation card. What are you even implying? That we should sweep our history under the carpet so as not to hurt igbos feelings? I dont really get you.

The only way what happen 53years ago can be recounted as history is to tell the story the way it is, irrespective of whoever or whatever tribe was involved.
You are making yourself the victim. Blaming a tribe for the actions of 7 men is not history. It is tribalism.
Somehow you forget a certain Banjo was among. You forget that Many of the foot soldiers were northerners.
You forget that some of the biggest supporters of the coup were great Yoruba men such as Tia Solarin. In fact, the only road named after Nzeogwu is in Ogun state. Teach history, don't teach hate and tribalism. It's also funny that your history class started in 2023.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff & Obanikoro At APC National Convention / Nnamdi Kanu Ordered Looting Of Oba's Palace, Burning Of Uzodinma's House - FG / Gunmen Destroy Cars & Other Properties Of Sit-At-Home Violators In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.