Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,891 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? (34030 Views)

Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
flokii:

Very apt..

They are still doing it till today.. Look at how they tricked youths to burn down Lagos during EndSars that some fo0lish Yorubas too joined them in destroying our ancestral lands.. Generational curse will follow all of them that took part in that destruction of Lagos.

See how they killed the Prime Minister, killed Ahmadu Bello, his wives and innocent kids while not a single Igbo soul was scratched. I am well schooled and learned and I know that coup was a gang up by one ethnic group against all others to seize power.

They shelled Lagos anyhow even before the civil war started.. when Yorubas retaliated by letting all hell lose on them, they started shedding crocodile tears.

May God continue to rest the gallant soul of Benjamin Adekunle and all gallants that fought the war to keep motherland (Western Nigeria) safe.

Unfortunately, the civil war of 1967 was not fought anywhere near Western Nigeria , the war was fought between Northern Nogerians and South East .....

The other regions such as South West ( Yoruba ) and South South ( Ijaw, middle belts etc ) all where either for Nigeria or for Igbos ....
There were Yoruba people that fought for Biafra, go and check it before talking nonsense ....and those people are from the blood of Afenefere group ....people who stood for the truth instead of turning it upside down like you and your fore fathers .....

Go and study your history well, meanwhile I hate discussing a fight with who ran away from the fight only to form majority alliance with the North out fo fear......lols....

No wonder most of Yorubas are Muslims even when there was no jihad war in South West.....

Was it the sacrifice you people have for the North to protect Yoruba people against IGBOS?

The same thing is happening to TINUBU.....he has ran back to the North for votes and alliance against IGBOs as well....

What a useless country spoilt entirely by the Yoruba race who are neither here or there .....lols

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 5starMan: 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
OBI is too much...
They are fighting him from all angles...
Enemies of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Kennyfancy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Thanksful:

So today now there is no place called Niger Delta because Nzogu is from Niger Delta?

I want all those people from Niger Delta to come out and agree with you now.
we are Niger Delta but we are more Igbo than any other major tribe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by PeterObi4LP: 10:07pm On Jan 16, 2023
shortIGBOman:

We no dey suffer.

As a yoruba man, na we Yoruba suffer most truth be told.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Truf: 10:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Because of this year’s election, this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day has taken different dimensions with some elements trying to remind some Nigerians who killed their ancestors.

But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so.

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.

So, I want to know what changed… Kaduna Nzeogwu is from Okpanam in Delta State.

Why is Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam an Igbo man but Okpanam is not an Igboland, and everyone else in Okpanam are not Igbos?
Pathetic imbec’i’le, brainless urchin.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Laple0541(m): 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh, really?

Now why is Gideon Okar’s coup not Tiv coup?

Why is Buhari coup not Fulani coup?

Why is Babaginda coup not Hausa coup?

Why is Nzeogwu’s coup the only one with that ethnic tag?

I fear who no fear Yeeeebos. So you guys can beat your chests that Okonjo Eweala from Delta state is an Igbo woman but deny Chukwuma Nzeogwu also of present day Delta state as none Igbo?

Nzeogwu's coup will forever be an Igbo coup because it spared the Igbo top guns in the military while murdering those from the other tribes. Am not surprised though because this is the typical characteristics of you yeebos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by broadman20: 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
shortIGBOman:

Emeka, IGBO can never rule this our beautiful Country.

Quote me anywhere.

This fool again?

Okay let's see how your criminal Drug Lord will rule Nigeria,

You people use to forget in a hurry or should I say you are TOO young to know that it was Humphrey Nwosu that was the National Electoral chairman when Abiola's mandet was cancelled.

You think Obasanjo was a fool to work with Igbos in his government at the detriment of Yorubas.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tollyboy5(m): 10:11pm On Jan 16, 2023
2elliot:
That's me on my profile. I can give you my address too. Not everyone is as stupid as most of you all are. I blame my ijaw people for allowing themselves to be deceived. We have suffered more in one Nigeria than we ever did when we were with the Igbos. I am telling you all these as someone whose family land host Shell and our oil and gas are being used to sustain this fraud. The luck Nigeria has is because I am yet to find just one person who shares my ideas.
You should be blaming your clueless ijaw leaders but no, na buhari be your headache.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tollyboy5(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
2elliot:
Look, I am the last person to argue for Ironsi. Just like I hate Adaka Boro for selling we the ijaws out for one Nigeria, it is the same way I hate Ironsi. Just maybe, if he had not come into the picture, things would have been different and better. If the coup had succeeded, and Awolowo was brought to power as some of them claimed was one of their intentions, then we wouldn't have gone on this road that leads to destruction.
If not that some of you like bringing up these stories, personally for me, they are bygone stories.
Stop defending ironsi and other top igbo leaders that miraculously escaped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2023
Pityoobi:
Kaduna Nzeogwu personally executed Ahmadu Bello, and his first wife during the month of Ramadan. Wetin Igbos don cause for this country no be small.

Nzeogwu did the crime. Nzeogwu is not igbos.

Despite the Northern insecurities, no one has tagged the whole North as bandits.

How can a whole ethnic group answer for one man's crime.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
GeneralPula:
Igbos are cancer to Nigeria..

They’re the worst thing to ever happened to Nigeria..

Before the coup, Igbos were dominating Nigeria military interms of numbers. This was one of the reasons why they planned the coup. They knew they have the numbers incase things go south..

The main reason behind the coup was Igbos wanting to grab and take total control of the government. Tho, at the beginning of the coup, Nigeria citizens thought it was a war against bad governance. 22 people were killed, including the then prime ministers, top government workers and senior Army officers. Of all, no igbo was among the top officials that was killed. It was then Nigerians started re-thinking that how could it be so? Only yoruba and northern officials got killed.

It was at this point people started believing this wasn’t fight against bad governance but a coup by Igbos. Immediately After the coup, the commanding officer of Nigeria army, Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi took over as the head of state - making him the first ever military head of state..

Nigerians had believed he’s going to punished all the coup plotters, but to their surprise, he didn’t punished nor sanctioned them. Many people got so pained and started seeing Igbos as enemy of the state. This was how the Igbos successfully catalyzed the civil war..

If you see any Igbo man forming any form of victim regarding civil war, just hiss and move on. They’ve been misguided with misinformation’s. While Igbos were handling power, they scrap they regionalism system of Nigeria, simple cuz they wanted to be controlling the whole region from within..

After they had scrap the regionalism, their planned failed cuz there was a counter coup that got Ironsi killed. Fast forward to today, they’re the ones forming victim..

As a Nigerian, anybody can accuse you of being tribal, but definitely not an Igbo man..

Few people can not answer for the whole Igbos. Let them answer for their crimes. Write out the names of those that did the coup and leave a whole tribe out of it.

What concerns Ariaria market trader with coup by men he does not know or met?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by flokii: 10:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Unfortunately, the civil war of 1967 was not fought anywhere near Western Nigeria , the war was fought between Northern Nogerians and South East .....

The other regions such as South West ( Yoruba ) and South South ( Ijaw, middle belts etc ) all where either for Nigeria or for Igbos ....

Go and study your history well, meanwhile I hate discussing a fight with who ran away from the fight only to form majority alliance with the North out fo fear......lols....

No wonder most of Yorubas are Muslims even when there was no jihad war in South West.....

Was it the sacrifice you people have for the North to protect Yoruba people against IGBOS?

The same thing is happening to TINUBU.....he has ran back to the North for votes and alliance against IGBOs as well....

What a useless country spoilt entirely by the Yoruba race who are neither here or there .....lols

Nope you are the one that should revisit history.. Ojukwu's army advanced towards West into Yorubaland but got fierce resistance and subsequent defeat at Ore.

Let's even go back to how it all started.. Awolowo thought the Igbos were friends but got the shocker of his life when Azikiwe went upwards to the North to form alliance with the North as against the West. When things didn't go the way your forebearers planned, they masterminded the first bloody coup to seize power.

It's sheer waste of time arguing with your likes.. Igbos once ruled Nigeria together with the North.
Your only pain is that our people didn't do your bidding or join you to finish off Nigeria. You guys should be the ones tendering apology to all the 300+ tribes in Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tollyboy5(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Have you ever read the book entitled Why We Truck by one of the coup plotters called Adewale Ademoyega? Was he also Igbo? He was one of those who led the Nigerian coup. He died in 2007. You guys just want to give them a bad name cos of Obi. Obi will govern Nigeria in the spirit of equity , justice and fairness. Before you hit me, I'm not igbo
You defend Igbo to fault. I doubt if you're Yoruba.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
rajiedreez:
The reason it's igbó coup was because that area in delta was also part of Biafra land

It is an Nzeogwu coup. Nothing concerns the whole Igbos in the actions of a few officers.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:

First time you ll talk without lying.
How are you doing?

Maybe we should start this discussion from 'Why did you change your moniker?'
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2023
Kennyfancy:
we are Niger Delta but we are more Igbo than any other major tribe

The first time I am hearing this. Some say Niger Delta is anti Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Minjim: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
Buhari didn't lead any coup.

He was only a beneficiary

Penguin2:

Oh, really?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
GeneralPula:

You guys can keep deceiving yourself. It doesn’t matter. It didn’t start today.

Nzeogwu killed the premier of the west and north, but didn’t kill the premier of the East and you’re wondering why it was an Igbo coup..

Nothing can ever change that truth..

Nzeogwu's coup. It has nothing to do with an Igbo palm wine tapper struggling to make ends meet.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Kasamadupe1: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh, really?

Your point is very valid
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Goodlady(f): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Maybe we should start this discussion from 'Why did you change your moniker?'
I think I need to go n explain why I did that.
I feel the name is making me appear like a bad girl. So yesterday morning. I just played with the deactivation bottom n I changed it.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
DMerciful:
Run along, you lack courage to express yourself

Abi you lack the mental capacity to process such little information? Your mental capacity nah pentium 1
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by imam07: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2023
1Dray:

So a Yoruba man was even involved yet you called it an Igbo coup?
if u are really a man of history tell me why d coup was only successful in d west and northern part and not in d east.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by olusogo: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Because of this year’s election, this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day has taken different dimensions with some elements trying to remind some Nigerians who killed their ancestors.

But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so.

But it was this same people that would remind the Aniomas of Delta State that they are not Igbos.

Why is Kaduna Nzeogwu from Okpanam an Igbo man but Okpanam is not an Igboland, and everyone else in Okpanam are not Igbos?

If they call it Igbo coup they are right. The history reveals that Igbo are traitors. I am sorry to say it. Young Military Officers agreed among themselves, they were to carryout 1966 coup by extermination of Nigerian leaders. The agreement was that the political office holders of each region should be killed by military boys from each region. Yoruba military boy lead to kill Akintola in the West. Kaduna Ezeogwu being closed to Sardauna led the killing of Ahmadu Bello, Okotie Eboh in the Mid-West killed by military boys from Mid-West, the Prime Minister was killed in Lagos. They Ibo boys who led the operation in the East betrayed the plan and did . not execute East Operation, they also leaked the secret to Governor-General (The President) Nnamdi Azikwe. Opara and Zik were spared. Other boys felt betrayed and the coup was unsuccessful.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Paxxii: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
shortIGBOman:

Emeka, IGBO can never rule this our beautiful Country.

Quote me anywhere.

NEVER, NEVER. They don't know it's absolutely impossible. They don't understand the the political dynamics of this nation. More so now that they're alianating everyone who is not Igbo from their cult followership of Obi through morbid and animalistic intolerance, hate and disease-like envy. How can you hand the reins of this nation into the hands of a minority tribe without the staunch support of one majority tribe? Igbo is not a majority tribe but a major minority tribe. They know all this, that they keep hiding their fictional “you want a change, therefore, you want Obi ' You have to tell me which youth? All Igbos all right, but which other youth. Yoruba, Hausa, Tiv, Edo, Nupe, Igala or Itshekiri just to mention a few? When did they sit down to make such a decision?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by DenreleDave(m): 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Unfortunately, your father and your kindred that told you these first hated Igbos before the coup , so you won't be blamed Bro.....you are just following your hatred bloodline

Igbo coup.. They killed other tribes and put their brother as the head..

In return, over 3 millions igbos were used as suya meat grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by christistruth01: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
Penguin2:

Nzeogwu was an Igbo Speaking Officer

Now kindly list the Ethnic groups of those murdered in the Coup beside the Ethnic groups of the Soldiers that murdered them

Then Remember that Gen Ironsi of Umuahia was the head of the Army and was responsible for providing adequate security and protection for those murdered in the Coup

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tollyboy5(m): 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

So what concerns a trader in Aba Market if a Politician and Military plan to take over government.

What concerns a trader in Alabama Market if a Politician today from the East plan a coup.

It is an individual thing and did not concern the igbos.

It was an Nzeogwu coup, not Igbo coup.
Igbo leaders joint coup
The igbos today still posses same spirit and feel they're meant to dominate.

Even when you're not competing with them they're full of noise.
Since I've been told from my childhood that I'm from Lagos whenever I'm being asked in sch.
I've not seen anything special about that. But living in places like Ojo Alaba I came to learn that igbos developed Lagos from my friends.

Those are the nonsense their parents teach them at home. I'm older now and I know igbos so well grin
They're the reason why they're region will remain backward.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Eriokanmi: 10:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
tollyboy5:

You defend Igbo to fault. I doubt if you're Yoruba.
I don't hate any tribe. I'm Nigerian first before my tribal affiliation. Can you say Pa Ayo Adebanjo or chief Bode George is igbo cos they're supporting Obi? No! . But there's nothing bad in what i aid cos not only the igbis participated in the coup. I read widely and I don't judge based on sentiment.

My only uncle from the maternal side died in the civil war. My grandma who was from ekiti was deceived till her death that her son was still alive. My mum and aunt would be contributing money and be sending it to my grandma that her son sent it to her. This alone should have caused me to hate igbos. If you read that book, you'd know the motive behind the civil war wasn't because igbos wanted to break away. It was even to benefit awolowo who was in the prison that time, to release him and kill others and make him lead Nigeria before that disagreement ensued. If the motive was for igbos to break away, someone like Adewale Ademoyega wouldn't have led the war. These guys were intelligent and educated guys who believed a sound and educated fellow should rule Nigeria.

There's a lot we didn't know about the civil war. I have both igbos and Northerer as my staff. I don't discriminate. Those igbos who call yoruba names need to check their brain cos they don't know what they're saying. If we don't shun ethnic and religous sentiments, we won't move forward as a country cos we need one another to succeed.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Headachetoigboh(f): 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:
According to the creator of this thread, he said:
"But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so."

A Coup that was masterminded, orchestrated and executed by key heartless people like ; Chukuwama Nzeogwu, Anuforo,Onwuatuegwu, Emmanuel Efeajuna, Humphrey Chukwuma, Don Okafor from one tribe and One ethnic group only is what?

Is it a Fulani coup? Our problem in this country is when the truth is against our interest or affiliations, we always tend to see it as campaign of calumnies against us.

Truth should always be truth, irrespective of whether it favour us or not.
And the plain truth is that what happened that day jan. 15th 1966, was more of an organised Ethnic cleans!ng, a tr!bal war not just a coup.

Because after all this, Umunnakwe Aguyi-Irons! (the head of state then) from same tribe, did nothing in bringing this people to justice.

Then be on your own. Let the igbos be on their own
We want Biafra simple so we carry our coup away still NIGERIA don't want to let the coup plotters go. Una go see wetin pass coup soon. Shee una fight them for 2years + with all una have but still could not wipe them out.
If it happen again,I pray God to accept una souls

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
Goodlady:

I think I need to go n explain why I did that.
I feel the name is making me appear like a bad girl. So yesterday morning. I just played with the deactivation bottom n I changed it.

Hmm. It doesnt change anything for me. You are still that insultive abusive sweetplum to me.

But i hope not
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by olusogo: 10:37pm On Jan 16, 2023
Igbojew:
Don't mind that parasite,he thought great Igbos are interested in this country talk more of ruling it.What is there ti rule about this dilapidated country Fulani people and Yoruba people have bastardized totally.................I am that Igbo Jew

Nigeria land extend from Ocean in the South to Sahel Savannah in the Noth. Whoever that doesn't want to live there can migrate away and call his new abode Biafra. The Jews can go back to Israel who cares!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
tollyboy5:

Igbo leaders joint coup
The igbos today still posses same spirit and feel they're meant to dominate.

Even when you're not competing with them they're full of noise.
Since I've been told from my childhood that I'm from Lagos whenever I'm being asked in sch.
I've not seen anything special about that. But living in places like Ojo Alaba I came to learn that igbos developed Lagos from my friends.

Those are the nonsense their parents teach them at home. I'm older now and I know igbos so well grin
They're the reason why they're region will remain backward.

Literally, you know that is nonsense up there. Everyone accounts for his or her own actions. You can't judge a whole ethnic group by the actions of few.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Funke Adedoyin Is Dead! Kwara Lawmaker Dies In Abuja Hospital / Sanusi: Abubakar Malami, Ibrahim Muktar, Kano AG Ordered My Detention / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.