Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Is Marriage An Achievement?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage An Achievement?? (11475 Views)

Marriage Is Not An Achievement / Are Children Really An Achievement?? / So This Is Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
beejaay:

Yes because mthe husband are most of times older than the wife, sometimes by as much as 10yrs, now add the men wahala with chasing women and doing hard work and still providing for the family..
Older lol most of them not that old
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Godsonkemz(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
It's an achievement because our society doesn't regard singlehood. In some cultures, it's only when one is married, one is fully entitled to certain chieftaincy roles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by AfahaAbia(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
obinna58:
To women yes
To men no

In my village na widows full everywhere infact I’m finding it difficult to see a marriage where the woman died first, it’s either they both alive or the man died

If it’s same on your side hit like

Seriously what u said is very true. I have always wondered about this phenomenon. What are all the men dieing living widows behind? It's really a mystery
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by MrBroke(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
For those who create or follow the useless process of society? Yes

For me who is a REALIST? No

Having food to eat is even more of an achievement than Marriage.
Nothing is special in Marriage just two people who want to f*ck only each other, make babies to call their own and support each other by barter, housework for financial gain. That's the reality

9 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Johnchrix(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
You need not to bother yourself what people think about your marital status. We all run our different races in life.
Never mind anybody telling you about life expectancy or stuffs like that. No man who'll die before who. Death has proven to be respecter of no age ! in fact, many men have even met their untimely death's by getting married to some kind of women.To me marriage is an achievement to evening news papers.

4 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Menclothing: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
It's about personality
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Anything you celebrate is an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by SPAMBOX7: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
To the other gender, Yes.
To men, Capital NO angry
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Marriage is good thing and a blessing.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by GistFullGround: 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2023

Yes, except you are the devil!

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Bmaster(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Well, It is an Achievement! smiley

Particularly, in Nigeria and Africa!

To Pay a Girl's Dowry, House Her, Feed Her and Her Mother, Brothers and Sisters no be Beans oo. sad
remove brothers bro.i am exceptional.
My in-laws only recognizes my mom and my sister .we the boys na Rodger them they Rodger us
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
In Nigeria, marriage is an achievement. But outside Nigeria even in Africa, nobody send you. Single mothers everywhere, still nacking like tomorrow no de
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Justbeingreal(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
MrBroke:
For those who create or follow the useless process of society? Yes

For me who is a REALIST? No

Having food to eat is even more of an achievement than Marriage.
Nothing is special in Marriage just two people who want to f*ck only each other, make babies to call their own and support each other by barter, housework for financial gain. That's the reality
@ The bold part. Many still de fvck others. As time goes I see marriage as one unnecessary stress because the thing na endless whahala for men.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Exceed15: 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
Simple No. It's a responsibility.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Cchuks27(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
As a single man in his early thirties with no serious relationship, Yes, Marriage is an achievement if you find a very comparable partner.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by IbileIfe: 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
Marriage is important for the foundation of the family and the family is the foundation of having a stable society in every community.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Abagworo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
Yes it is. To be successful in marriage is very difficult and whoever does it has achieved a lot.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Marriage is. If yahoo people can use marital destinies of another to cash out, then it is an achievement for those who fulfil it.
See delusion! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by seanwilliam(m): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Back then it was .
Now it is not
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by winner37(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
My people perish because of lack of awareness...... This is what most men don't know, With a life time saving,a man will just waste it on marriage one day whereas there are things to do to set his life first before getting married..
Some men will go extra miles to get a loan just for marriage because his friends are married is that not senselessness? And after the marriage they will be living in regrets..
For me getting married is not an achievement but is the right thing to do at the right time when a man is financially stable...

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by HltSong: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nyascobar1414 Nyashpiercer:

I am a G.O.A. broke g@y Simp
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Pharaohny: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
obinna58:
To women yes
To men no

In my village na widows full everywhere infact I’m finding it difficult to see a marriage where the woman died first, it’s either they both alive or the man died

If it’s same on your side hit like

You have a male cow and a female cow which one would you kill first
Or better still A hen and a Cock which one would you kill first ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
If you think marriage is not an achievement remain single forever now.

A good society starts from a happy home
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by VenumX: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
If you are getting married to an inventor as a female then yes it is.

But if it's an inventless b@b00n, in fact it ought not be celebrated at all.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by MILLERMannn: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:

Then why are you a man? Cut your dic k and be a woman.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by obinna58(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
Pharaohny:

You have a male cow and a female cow which one would you kill first
Or better still A hen and a Cock which one would you kill first ? shocked shocked shocked
Or better still you have 2 male and female cows and 2 hens and 2 roosters
Wouldn’t you balance it?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by MrBroke(m): 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Justbeingreal:
@ The bold part. Many still de fvck others. As time goes I see marriage as one unnecessary stress because the thing na endless whahala for men.

That fu*king part is them deceiving themselves grin

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by HltSong: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
As former ex red Piller, na big achievement for them.

See this one wey call em self Nyascobar1414 the nyashpiercer....em broke come 'orgly' join. Na frustration dey make am troll woman for here as red Piller.

See am dey look for Enugu olosho despite say e dey live for uyo. Hunger and konji one finish am. grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg na achievement oo.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by sholay2011(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
A good marriage is an achievement.

But the catch 22 is that only the two people in the marriage, and God, actually know if it's a good marriage, regardless of the fronting on social media.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Justbeingreal(m): 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
MrBroke:

That fu*king part is them deceiving themselves grin
The whole idea is just deceitful 99% of em are fake love everyone just wanna follow the society pattern especially Nigeria before you know they get tired with acting that's why divorce rate is so damn high now. The actors and actresses we have now don't go longer like our older folks. Yes! The older folks many na act them still de act alot stayed because of kids n what society will say, no much exposure for divorce then unlike now when everyone de claim woke if not even our old folks the marriage tire many since..

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by ARmanx(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
If u think u are here to jus Bleep and work ur self to death u are definately on the path to self destruction

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Gboom:
If you think marriage is not an achievement remain single forever now.

A good society starts from a happy home
And in your mind, the only happy home out there is one that is built around a husband and wife?, undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? / His Wife Always Ran away when ever they Exchange words (For Married people) / Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.