Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Is Marriage An Achievement?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage An Achievement?? (11505 Views)

Marriage Is Not An Achievement / Are Children Really An Achievement?? / So This Is Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by mylove4God(f): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And if you were to end up with a man who you have to sacrifice yourself for — you sit as his destiny helper making him a destiny leech on you — would you still consider said marriage an achievement? undecided
I believe that I will not but if it happens. I will first consider my peace of mind.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by mylove4God(f): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
samx4real:

I want to marry you for this statement.
cheesy grin
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2023
mylove4God:

I believe that I will not but if it happens. I will first consider my peace of mind.

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, typically, home is said to be where the heart is and I like to agree with that myself. And it does not matter the relationship one has with those who live there as what is most important is that one's heart is there. So, is the only happy home out there one that is built around a husband and wife? undecided
What does it mean when it is said a matured person does not have a home?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:11am On Jan 19, 2023
Gboom:
What does it mean when it is said a matured person does not have a home?
Depends! If you are speaking of adult homelessness, then it means the person has no roof over his head aka no shelter. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 9:15am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Depends! If you are speaking of adult homelessness, then it means the person has no roof over his head aka no shelter. undecided
I know you will twist my question; I'm looking at marriage perspective.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2023
Gboom:

I know you will twist my question; I'm looking at marriage perspective.
You would need to explain this perspective of yours to me.. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You would need to explain this perspective of yours to me.. undecided
When a person does not have a home maritally means, there is turmoil in his/her marriage, or he/she is divorced.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jan 20, 2023
Gboom:
When a person does not have a home maritally means, there is turmoil in his/her marriage, or he/she is divorced.
And who exactly does that person expect to make possible this marital home for him or her? Abegi! Na everybody get marital home abi na everybody dey get married? People wey no marry no dey get home again? Abegi, make we hear word o'jare! undecided

I had asked you if a husband/wife is required for one to have a happy home, and you veered off into some sort of meaningless segway for reasons known best to you. Can you please come back to the center and answer the question I asked? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:59am On Jan 20, 2023
justyhere:
Let's trash this talk once and for all

What do you think?
Is Marriage an achievement?

The best answer comes from valuating how a a single woman/man of 30 and above is treated by his/her own society

Lets start with the man, in some society his voice is not heard simply becoz is not yet married, his respect is not much compared to one married

For a woman is its almost the same
but worse for both being single@ 30 and above , work for divorced and widow, society look down on them

So it unwritten rules marriage is an achievement, it will bring respect and being valued

So according to tradition and culture in
terms of respect and value, marriage is an achievement

In most african tradition and culture, brings in status, respect and value

Ask your self way some women say (do you know who i am? i am Mrs so so ) thats status

Same for men ( am married i got 5 kids) its status with requires respect among single men or those recent married even those who have less kids than him
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And who exactly does that person expect to make possible this marital home for him or her? Abegi! Na everybody get marital home abi na everybody dey get married? People wey no marry no dey get home again? Abegi, make we hear word o'jare! undecided

I had asked you if a husband/wife is required for one to have a happy home, and you veered off into some sort of meaningless segway for reasons known best to you. Can you please come back to the center and answer the question I asked? undecided
Yes
The marriage between a man and woman is what is called a home.
Note that if you are not married you don't have a home
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
Gboom:
Yes
The marriage between a man and woman is what is called a home.
Note that if you are not married you don't have a home
Well, fortunately, the world does not bend to your delusions. There are many more homes out there where people live happy without a husband/wife team in their midst. Happiness is not tied to marriage alone neither is the having of a home. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Well, fortunately, the world does not bend to your delusions. There are many more homes out there where people live happy without a husband/wife team in their midst. Happiness is not tied to marriage alone neither is the having of a home. undecided
For the mere fact that you that don't a home (not married) does not change the definition of home in this context
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
Gboom:

For the mere fact that you that don't a home (not married) does not change the definition of home in this context
You think you are sleek in your delusion. Get out of your mind and open your eyes to see that the world around you does not operate on those delusions you cling to. There are many happy homes without husband or wife, and they are all defined as homes. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You think you are sleek in your delusion. Get out of your mind and open your eyes to see that the world around you does not operate on those delusions you cling to. There are many happy homes without husband or wife, and they are all defined as homes. undecided
You are the one that is delusional here.
Stop consoling! yourself with your situation, go and marry and build a better home
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
Gboom:
You are the one that is delusional here. Stop consoling! yourself with your situation, go and marry and build a better home
You keep confirming your delusion by your belief that everyone is made for marriage. Seriously, you need help! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You keep confirming your delusion by your belief that everyone is made for marriage. Seriously, you need help! undecided
I still put it to you that you are the one that is delusional, I have defined home in the context of marriage and you are still arguing blindly.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
Gboom:
I still put it to you that you are the one that is delusional, I have defined home in the context of marriage and you are still arguing blindly.
You can't define home in the context of marriage since home does not exist only in the context of marriage, and not marriages are defined in the same way either. So, what you have instead done is an attempt to push your private delusion as the standard for all. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You can't define home in the context of marriage since home does not exist only in the context of marriage, and not marriages are defined in the same way either. So, what you have instead done is an attempt to push your private delusion as the standard for all. undecided
Which home do you come from?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by MadarasBlade(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
Godsonkemz:
It's an achievement because our society doesn't regard singlehood. In some cultures, it's only when one is married, one is fully entitled to certain chieftaincy roles.

Who cares about titles? In the end does it matter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up / Man Shot Dead His VH1 Star Wife for cheating And Then Killed Himself / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.