Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Is Marriage An Achievement?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage An Achievement?? (11502 Views)

Marriage Is Not An Achievement / Are Children Really An Achievement?? / So This Is Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
sholay2011:
A good marriage is an achievement.

But the catch 22 is that only the two people in the marriage, and God, actually know if it's a good marriage, regardless of the fronting on social media.
Remove God abeg! God no follow una enter agreement for marriage. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by sync(f): 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Marriage is a good thing
It’s beautiful
It’s one of the things I want to achieve this year, and so YES IT IS AN ACHIEVEMENT
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Ebymyk(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
obinnazy:

Marriage is only an achievement to SIMPs, I can't imagine kneeling to prop to a lady, it's like you're begging her to marry you.
Marriage only favors ladies
i swear �... You have said it all... I no talk again...
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by sukkot: 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
of course marriage is an achievement. but whats an even greater achievement is keeping your marriage loving and happy forever. being alone gets old after a while. you can manage being alone till you hit fifty five years old but after that you just get depressed

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Goodlady(f): 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
MILLERMannn:

You are silly for that statement. So life created men to suffer for you en? Ungrateful soul !
Depends if you came to the world to suffer.
Meanwhile you are the silly one.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by tete7000(m): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
Goodlady:
Marriage is an achievement. It's a stage of attaining higher responsibility, living with the opposite sex and raising kids.

Marriage is not an achievement but a burden of responsibility. It only becomes an achievement if you look back in 30 years at your kids, and spouse and all of you are doing satisfactorily well. If after 30yrs,your children are not something to be proud off, and your spouse a regret, then you will curse the day you got married. You will wish you can turn back the hands of time and remain single.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by frozen70(f): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
justyhere:
Let's trash this talk once and for all

What do you think?
Is Marriage an achievement?

What comes out of the marriage is the achievement not marriage itself

But marriage is a progress in a man's life especially successful marriage

In my place, they normally say when a man marry's that's when he will know how successful he will be in life

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by mylove4God(f): 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
It depends on individual. To me, it is an achievement because it is one milestones I want to achieve in life in order to be fulfilled

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Marriage is a big time achievement if you yours work out well.

Ask Jazy and Beyonce

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Nyascobar1414: 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
sukkot:
of course marriage is an achievement. but whats an even greater achievement is keeping your marriage loving and happy forever. being alone gets old after a while. you can manage being alone till you hit fifty five years old but after that you just get depressed

How rev, fathers dey run am?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by efficiencie(m): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
justyhere:
Let's trash this talk once and for all

What do you think?
Is Marriage an achievement?

If your spouse is an idiot your marriage is not an achievement but if your spouse is your destiny helper then your marriage is an achievement. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by ebenezary(m): 1:19am On Jan 18, 2023
marriage is not just achievement
marriage is a lifestyle and commandment from God and needed for regeneraion
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by samx4real(m): 2:10am On Jan 18, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Marriage is like a Project, because you are Trying
to Build Sth (A Family)
So It is an ACHIEVEMENT.

If u rent a Shop, it's an Achievement.
If u rent a 3 Bed room, it's an Achievement.

Even some will say Staying Abroad in 3days and coming Back is an Achievement, Let alone Marriage! cheesy

Marriage is a big achievement, a life time achievement for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by samx4real(m): 2:12am On Jan 18, 2023
mylove4God:
It depends on individual. To me, it is an achievement because it is one milestones I want to achieve in life in order to be fulfilled

I want to marry you for this statement.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Jan 18, 2023
samx4real:
Marriage is a big achievement, a life time achievement for that matter.
Lifetime? So when a divorce happens and you end up doing it more than once, it is still for a lifetime? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Jan 18, 2023
ebenezary:
marriage is a lifestyle and commandment from God and needed for regeneraion
That one na lie!

Instead, what Jesus Christ told you, in agreement to God's curse on marriage from Genesis 3 vs 16, is that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. God has no hand in your marriage and in marrying you do not please or honor Him. So it is deceptive to claim it is a commandment from God. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Jan 18, 2023
efficiencie:
If your spouse is an idiot your marriage is not an achievement but if your spouse is your destiny helper then your marriage is an achievement. Shikena.
LOL.... destiny helper indeed!

Are you in turn a destiny helper for the same spouse or a destiny leech — in essence, you suck up all of that person's potential in order to fuel your own destiny—, all the while furiously convincing him or her that by helping you they are in turn helped? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Jan 18, 2023
MoneyMustBMade:
Marriage is a big time achievement if you yours work out well.
Ask Jazy and Beyonce
Notice that for that example which you consider successful, both partners in the marriage thrive, as opposed to the many more examples of marriages out there where the woman, typically, is expected to sacrifice all of her being in order for her husband, and supposedly her children to be successful. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Jan 18, 2023
mylove4God:
And if you were to end up with a man who you have to sacrifice yourself for — you sit as his destiny helper making him a destiny leech on you — would you still consider said marriage an achievement? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Jan 18, 2023
Godsonkemz:
It's an achievement because our society doesn't regard singlehood. In some cultures, it's only when one is married, one is fully entitled to certain chieftaincy roles.
Singles can create their own chieftaincies, can they not? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Savvy19: 7:56am On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Remove God abeg! God no follow una enter agreement for marriage. undecided

The simple truth
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Gboom: 8:39am On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And in your mind, the only happy home out there is one that is built around a husband and wife?, undecided
What is home?
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by sukkot: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2023
Nyascobar1414:

rev fathers ? lol
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by efficiencie(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
LOL.... destiny helper indeed!

Are you in turn a destiny helper for the same spouse or a destiny leech — in essence, you suck up all of that person's potential in order to fuel your own destiny—, all the while furiously convincing him or her that by helping you they are in turn helped? undecided

You are responding to a question other than the question asked by the OP. The OP wanted to know if marriage can be considered an achievement or not and I provided a reasons why it can be considered an achievement or not. So irrespective of who Mr A is, whether he is a leech or a benevolent person, the question is can marriage be considered an achievement to Mr. A and my response indicates that it all depends on the spouse and if my conditions were applied mutually to both spouses then it can become an achievement to both spouses. I merely stated what could be considered a truism and your response is basically out of place.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:18am On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Notice that for that example which you consider successful, both partners in the marriage thrive, as opposed to the many more examples of marriages out there where the woman, typically, is expected to sacrifice all of her being in order for her husband, and supposedly her children to be successful. undecided

Women!
How? I don't understand coz men go through hell many times just to afford living for his family
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by HltSong: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Nyascobar1414:

Shut up!
Ode
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
Anyone who thinks marriage is an acheivement should have his/or her brain checked.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
MoneyMustBMade:
Women!
How? I don't understand coz men go through hell many times just to afford living for his family
Put your claim up against the JayZ-Beyonce example you gave of a successful marriage, does that statement in bold make sense at all? undecided

Is JayZ the only one going through hell many times just to afford living for his family? Step out of that delusion there that it is only the man that goes through hell to afford a living for his family and you will maybe see the facts as they truly present themselves. undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
efficiencie:
You are responding to a question other than the question asked by the OP. The OP wanted to know if marriage can be considered an achievement or not and I provided a reasons why it can be considered an achievement or not. So irrespective of who Mr A is, whether he is a leech or a benevolent person, the question is can marriage be considered an achievement to Mr. A and my response indicates that it all depends on the spouse and if my conditions were applied mutually to both spouses then it can become an achievement to both spouses. I merely stated what could be considered a truism and your response is basically out of place.
Why irrespective? If Mr. A sits as destiny leech over Mrs. A, then Mr. A is likely to see marriage as an achievement for himself, even though Mrs. A, is likely to not see it the same. So, it does matter how one positions oneself in marriage, right? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
Gboom:
What is home?
Well, typically, home is said to be where the heart is and I like to agree with that myself. And it does not matter the relationship one has with those who live there as what is most important is that one's heart is there. So, is the only happy home out there one that is built around a husband and wife? undecided
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by efficiencie(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why irrespective? If Mr. A sits as destiny leech over Mrs. A, then Mr. A is likely to see marriage as an achievement for himself, even though Mrs. A, is likely to not see it the same. So, it does matter how one positions oneself in marriage, right? undecided

In the quote you highlighted you could see that I implied that if both spouses are helpers to each other then marriage could be an achievement to both spouses. You don't have to correct what isn't wrong. It's an exercise in futility.
Re: Is Marriage An Achievement?? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
efficiencie:
In the quote you highlighted you could see that I implied that if both spouses are helpers to each other then marriage could be an achievement to both spouses. You don't have to correct what isn't wrong. It's an exercise in futility.
Well, how often is this the case, particularly when considering a culture that encourages men to embrace hypogamy mainly for the sake of sitting as destiny leeches to their spouses? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Won't Circumcise My Baby Boy (If Any) / House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up / Man Shot Dead His VH1 Star Wife for cheating And Then Killed Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.