Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? (7482 Views)

Reactions As Bride Crawled To Present Cake To In-laws On Wedding Day / Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by freshkpomo(m): 7:26am On Jan 17, 2023
I have this secondary school mate who we still write to each other frequently after around 2 decades of leaving secondary school and he wrote to me about his current challenge which I just opened but so not really know what to say to him at this junction. There is this girl he loves so Much and wants to get married to, but the family lives mainly in Abuja and Kaduna (though they are all Edo people too just like my friend). The problem now is the kidnapping in those roads have made them to keep shifting the introduction date so that they can then make plans for marriage.

This girl according to him have been in Benin since she graduated from school where he met her and she has been an integrals part of his currently booming business. Now the problem here is that the Father wants him to wed the daughter or she should return back and stop wasting her time because he does not want her to end up in Shiloh after been used by ine man, then his own family on the other hand including the girl as well feels yhe journey is not safe and are scared of getting kidnapped.

Just yesterday when they finally agreed, he sent me a screenshot of the link to the lady kidnapped in Abuja with her family that was killed after Ransom. This link was sent to him by more than one family member and they may start discouraging him to leave this girl and get a girl close by because they can't afford to pay Ransom or get killed by Fulani people as they called them. One who they are age mates even jokingly told him that what if Fulani guys kidnap your wife to be and use their uncircumcised deek to rape her while going to rape her, won't that be worse than you waiting till maybe you can afford a plane for everyone.

The reason why i brought this here is because this dude seems worried because even without me writing back, he keeps typing like a robot and it also hurt him that they can't havw children yet because of this delay and all his friends are already with children, some are already grown. This money again I got a funny message from him lol that they will wait, if obi wins to see if things will change shocked shocked

Mynd44, lalasticlala

11 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by olamidedivotee(f): 7:29am On Jan 17, 2023
Can't he travel by plane or train if he is so serious about getting married?

Kaduna-Abuja road is not the only way to Abuja.

Tell him to travel on another road if he doesn't feel safe.

Btw, why did you write in red?

In case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contacts.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Qatar2022: 7:44am On Jan 17, 2023
He should stop using kidnapping as excuse to delay someone daughter, He should use plane or bus because many people travelled home for Christmas from that side

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by ITbomb(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2023
Wow, this is new

I can't marry you because of the high rate of kidnapping in the country

27 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Zonefree(m): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2023
ITbomb:
Wow, this is new

Na another format be this grin

You want to marry a Nigerian girl and you're scared of kidnappers undecided

Are Nigerian girls not dangerous than kidnappers?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by marlow1962(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2023
So ur frnd dy fear Fulani ppl more than the Nigerian gal wer em wn marry (lol).
But wait o, I saw wer u wrote “after being used by nine men” (if na true, haba u self suppose advice ur frnd make em disengage)

I don see am well now, na one Man U type (blyk my wake and bake nva clear finish from my body)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by PerfectStranger(m): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2023
ITbomb:
Wow, this is new

You say??

1 Share

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Xababa01(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Wishing them a safe journey

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by boldking(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
See I’ll never answer your question until you make it clear that you’re voting Peter Obi because in him was light and the light was the freedom of Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Abilistic(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
angry

We know you are your friend, your friend is you!

Never use kidnapping as an excuse not to marry the girl that's integral part of your 'booming' business.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by ZINNYBANKS: 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Guys pls where can one get almond in large quantity In Ibadan pls it urgent.
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Kentuforchrist(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2023
Oga better go and marry that girl

Lol he wan find excuse to leave am
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Bubu4Sea: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
ddddd
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Itzteewhy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Lol this is funny and at the same time serious.

Op is it only by road your friend can travel, why can't he take the train at least if by Air is expensive.

He should take the train it is more safer and less expensive
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Romanoff(f): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Go to Zuba and see how people travel to Kaduna en masse. As one car dey full, on to the next one.

You no go even reason kidnapping.

12 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Gadafii: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Can’t the introduction be done in Abuja, make he do the introduction and the wedding at once IG he must marry

Wedding is over rated sef, just gather small important people and let’s go
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Sweetvie: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
ITbomb:
Wow, this is new

Na them grin grin grin
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Akugbe24(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
Are you tired of Lossing money online.good news u can join my WhatsApp link where we give free signal on blockchain trading and make your money in dollars.
https:///FrPc621GxaWGaZAkRb47uD.
Currently lot of people are sharing their testimony on how much they have made so far with the signal we gave them. See winning of one of the site traded from.

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Earthstorms(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
He should go by trailer. The kidnappers mostly don't bother trailers

4 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Yankee101: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
Abuja is ok to go by road from Benin. Just go after 6am and arrive before 5pm

Kaduna train service is back with more security now so let him take a train

But if the family can all meet in abuja it will be better

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by crafteck(m): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
freshkpomo:
I have this secondary school mate who we still write to each other frequently after around 2 decades of leaving secondary school and he wrote to me about his current challenge which I just opened but so not really know what to say to him at this junction. There is this girl he loves so Much and wants to get married to, but the family lives mainly in Abuja and Kaduna (though they are all Edo people too just like my friend). The problem now is the kidnapping in those roads have made them to keep shifting the introduction date so that they can then make plans for marriage.

This girl according to him have been in Benin since she graduated from school where he met her and she has been an integrals part of his currently booming business. Now the problem here is that the Father wants him to wed the daughter or she should return back and stop wasting her time because he does not want her to end up in Shiloh after been used by ine man, then his own family on the other hand including the girl as well feels yhe journey is not safe and are scared of getting kidnapped.

Just yesterday when they finally agreed, he sent me a screenshot of the link to the lady kidnapped in Abuja with her family that was killed after Ransom. This link was sent to him by more than one family member and they may start discouraging him to leave this girl and get a girl close by because they can't afford to pay Ransom or get killed by Fulani people as they called them. One who they are age mates even jokingly told him that what if Fulani guys kidnap your wife to be and use their uncircumcised deek to rape her while going to rape her, won't that be worse than you waiting till maybe you can afford a plane for everyone.

The reason why i brought this here is because this dude seems worried because even without me writing back, he keeps typing like a robot and it also hurt him that they can't havw children yet because of this delay and all his friends are already with children, some are already grown. This money again I got a funny message from him lol that they will wait, if obi wins to see if things will change shocked shocked

Mynd44, lalasticlala

Run... Inlawss wont pay ransome, do everything via skype...

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by crafteck(m): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
freshkpomo:

Mynd44, lalasticlala

Run... Inlawss wont pay ransome, do everything via skype....

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Sweetvie: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
He should use plane grin
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Na person wey dey alive dey do wedding

He should express the known fear to the father-in-law politely (his father-in-law should be aware of the insecurities too)

Then
1. Send the money for whatever the tradition needs. These, you can have someone represent you if they insist on physical presence

Some people wey dey abroad wey no dey buoyant enough to travel for the wedding dey do this type

Or

2. Do visual (online)

Then do your court or church marriage in your base and move on!

Things like this shouldn't tie you down!

No one knows tomorrow but we can all live today!

6 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by bdon123(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
freshkpomo:

Mynd44, lalasticlala

Don't use flight,use road or train to Kaduna.There hasnt been issues for so many months now .kaduna -Abuja road is not safe bt not as unsafe as u tink.People are not kidnapped daily.it happens though....bt my own wife followed that road a few days ago twice within 2 days
Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Kasdat5(m): 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
Kd - Abj road be like I dey go my backyard come back . I went twice in 1 day sef one certain time .

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
olamidedivotee:
Can't he travel by plane or train if he is so serious about getting married?

Kaduna-Abuja road is not the only way to Abuja.

Tell him to travel on another road if he doesn't feel safe.

Btw, why did you write in red?

In case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contacts.

You say wetin?

Train?

TRAAAAAIIIIIN?!?!?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by pundit92: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
It's been long since they record any kidnapping along this road. I have follow this road several times within past two months coming from Ibadan to Kano and vice versa. The reality is , no Nigeria road is safe enough except when God is protecting you. Aside, bad news sell faster, believe me, their is a serious traffic on that road and thousands of vehicle have pass through the road today alone without any issue, no news channel will tell you that you know.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by AkumTemi: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
freshkpomo:

Mynd44, lalasticlala

Kaduna is okay, you can travel by road or by air. KD is fun

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by SeedofAbraham: 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
FInancing his Parent and Fiancee by Air will cost more than 400k to and fro that's if he can afford it... However, if the only available option is via road, then he should go for it. It may not be safe but he should choose to do it if he truly loves her and wish to spent the rest of his life with her.

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by brain54(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
So because car Dey get accident you forbid to enter car…

Wow. That’s a new one!

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? by tym92(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
I stay in Kaduna and I can tell you categorically that Abuja-Kaduna road is presently better than some Nigeria road in terms of kidnapping issues. We only have to be praying not to move around on evil days...
More so, you are not even concerned about bad roads all around the country that could easily claim life you're talking of kidnappers that can enter ones house to pick anyone they deem fit to pick.

Many up there suggested train or plane, no where in Nigeria is security guaranteed. Even security agencies can't protect themselves let alone the masses.
Just apply knowledge in your plans...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Consider Divorce? / Marriage Is A Bondage / Bitter Truth: Why Some Ladies Will Never Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.