Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview (18915 Views)

Unfair: This Lady Was Rejected At A Job Interview Because She Has A Big Tummy / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by JackDaAlienz(m): 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Romanoff(f): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
You should consider being a virtual assistant.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by jimyjames(m): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
This morning, I went for a job interview for the position of a customer care representative. I stammer actually and I knew it was likely I wouldn't get the job. I met with their HR and we had conversation and during the conversation he asked if I was a stammerer and I answered in the affirmative, then he told me that I can't work as a customer care representative in their company due to my deficiency. I jus waka jeje comot there.

You don't stammer in writing, they could have hired you to handle their social media

2 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Soulseeker01(m): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
its no discrimination sir, the truth be told yu went for the wrong Job, a blind man can no go and become air traffic controller job when rejected he will come here and be disturbing our peace

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Kingcalls: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
Zeddyzed:
Quite frankly, very few companies will employ you for positions where you have to deal directly with customers. To an extent, customer care representative help instill the professional image in customer, hence, companies are very intentional about such employees. They vet prospective employees

No company will employ a stammerer to do customer service...let's be logical here.... this is real life and not Disney

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by SeeItSayIt: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
Of course, you should know that you're not qualified for such job. Why applied in the first place?

That's how Buhari applied for president & now failed but don't want us to call him failure.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by OlawaleBammie: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
This morning, I went for a job interview for the position of a customer care representative. I stammer actually and I knew it was likely I wouldn't get the job. I met with their HR and we had conversation and during the conversation he asked if I was a stammerer and I answered in the affirmative, then he told me that I can't work as a customer care representative in their company due to my deficiency. I jus waka jeje comot there.
U as a person, can u employ a stammerer for that post??

U can apply for any other post there of course but not as a customer care

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by gadgethead: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sorry about that, but don't give up. You can always find therapy to reduce your stammering. Maybe this site can help,

https://stamurai.com/blog/stuttering-exercises-for-adults/

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Kingcalls: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
jimyjames:

You don't stammer in writing, they could have hired you to handle their social media

Stop these woke ideology and face reality

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by FreeStuffsNG: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Stammerers are know for their Hot temper shocked

I'm surprise u didn't beat up the man after he broke the news to u
You too like vawulence

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by lomprico(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

But you sef, why u con stammer?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Desusi: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
Nothing to worry about, the best is yet to come,prepare for it.Do not rest on your oars.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Paracetamol01: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2023
That position require you to speak fluently

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Kingcalls: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
Focusmind:
So sad!

Loosing opportunities because of one's physical disabilities is always painful.

This should be discouraged in Nigeria. Sorry and pick yourself up.

Stop thinking like a sissy ...be logical

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Konjiboii: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2023
grin dem go soon use you take do skit
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by GloriousGbola: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2023
A stammerer in customer service is like a midget in the nba

However read up on Joe biden. Also the book and movie the Kings speech. Stammering can be controlled and managed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Zulum500: 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
Wahala90:
//

You must be very stupeed grin
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by jimyjames(m): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kingcalls:

Stop these woke ideology and face reality
What reality my friend, not all customer care representatives are hired to talk , others write only

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by everythinggirly(f): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
I was also called but I didn't go, sapa hold me tight. cry
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by spinna: 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
I once had a lawyer boss who was a stammerer.. This boss still dey go court like that o.. i found that very brave

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by WantsandMore: 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
find a way to manage and eliminate stammering or find remote jobs that requires more writing than talking . All the best.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by GindoX(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Speak slowly. It works. Except if you're a chronic one

3 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by dynicks(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Na cus of say I dey stammer, make me respect myself say make I learn forex.....

Atleast I no go dey engage in anyhow conversation!!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by ugwum007(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
I also stammer. I have lost opportunities down the years because of it but one thing I did right was to learn from it.

I started developing my skills, reading books and gaining knowledge now if I want to speak, you must listen to me no matter how long it takes because I speak wisdom and sense.

My career in software development didn't require me to talk much. In as much as I head and participate in meetings, it is no longer an issue to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by dynicks(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
GindoX:
Speak slowly. It works. Except if you're a chronic one
bro na who wear shoe know where e take dey pain the person.....Personally, av tried mehn....maybe not all ways.......wetin remain na to go see if e go work for native doctor hand ......That shit can really kill one's morale and ginger!!...

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by sonofthunder: 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
Wahala90:
//

Na Tinubu still burn BRT ba?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Gkay1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
U know yourself very well na , so u know d kind of job u can do
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Mrkumareze(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
U knew isn't meant for you. Every job gets its own principles, just like in the US Army, you can't be giant and expect to be employed in driving tanks..
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by PDJT: 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
-Job suitability things. I hope you're not also looking to be a football commentator anytime soon.

-Good luck in your next interview.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by superCleanworks(m): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hahahaha. funny

you don't know how to swim but you want to walk on water
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by KINGTELLER: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2023
Administration1:
But sadly it's not discrimination or something, there are some jobs not available to people of specialty
Lies, its the wicked mindset of naija employers and the system doesnt protect people with disability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by babyfaceafrica: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2023
How is this news?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can One Do Customer's Service Job Remotely From Nigeria? / Top 7 Skills And Qualities Employers Look For In Candidates / Fidelity Bank Recruitment Coming Soon!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.