Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview (18895 Views)

Unfair: This Lady Was Rejected At A Job Interview Because She Has A Big Tummy / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by SocialJustice: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
This morning, I went for a job interview for the position of a customer care representative. I stammer actually and I knew it was likely I wouldn't get the job. I met with their HR and we had conversation and during the conversation he asked if I was a stammerer and I answered in the affirmative, then he told me that I can't work as a customer care representative in their company due to my deficiency. I jus waka jeje comot there.
Why you go disgrace yourself there, what were you thinking?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by MoneyMustBMade(m): 3:25pm On Jan 18, 2023
meobizy:
Send me their e-mail address so I’ll blast them with epistles. I will not take this!

As how?
Keep quiet abeg
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by chronique(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
What were you expecting before? Dem say miracle nor de tire Jesus and I agree but not for someone stammering to go apply for customer service job. Before you say goo goo goo goooooooo goooooooooooood afternoon finish, 2 minutes done reach and customers would have moved elsewhere. Sorry bro. I understand your plight. I used to stammer as a child but my parents helped me through it at an early age and I overcame it. You can apply for other jobs. Don't feel bad that they rejected you cos truly, you won't be helpful to them in that role.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
Zeddyzed:
Quite frankly, very few companies will employ you for positions where you have to deal directly with customers. To an extent, customer care representative help instill the professional image in customer, hence, companies are very intentional about such employees. They vet prospective employees
I knew the HR was just doing his job. We were three that went for the interview, I and my two friends and they were selected.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Majesty33(m): 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
grin
uba1991:
you are are a minor stammerer, infact I encountered one stammarer that cannot complete a word without shading tears. You need to see a konk stammarer, in fact you will pity him anytime he wants to speak.
grin The part where u said he cant complete a word without cry kept me rolling on the floor. What!

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
tiswell:
You went for the wrong job,man
Apparently. I just wanted to work and make money. I can't go for any customer care job again oo.

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by KosiGee(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

I knew the HR was just doing his job. We were three that went for the interview, I and my two friends and they were selected.

You were brave to have gone for the interview. What if you were selected? It’s just like Tinubu and Peter Obi applying to be newscasters at BBC and CNN.

I respect both men but if I saw them as newscasters at both stations, I’ll change the channel to Cartoon Network.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
Cutehector:
No big deal.. See it as one of those things.
Yess boss
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by MisterKennedy(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:
This morning, I went for a job interview for the position of a customer care representative. I stammer actually and I knew it was likely I wouldn't get the job. I met with their HR and we had conversation and during the conversation he asked if I was a stammerer and I answered in the affirmative, then he told me that I can't work as a customer care representative in their company due to my deficiency. I jus waka jeje comot there.

Which city are you residing?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Stammerers are know for their Hot temper shocked

I'm surprise u didn't beat up the man after he broke the news to u

I even told him thanks smiley
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Exceed15: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Better one ahead of you. Be encouraged.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Sleektiger: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
That's expected.. You can't and still work is such department. Try something else that doesn't require much talking.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
WeedAddict:
Bro, on a norms, you should know you ain't eligible for such job.. .. ..

Wetin dey ground no allow me follow eligibility oo angry
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2023
MisterKennedy:

Which city are you residing?
Ibadan
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
doffman:

Sorry bro,

Just go and learn software programming and control your employer . You are your own boss and control your self .

Don't let anyone pull you down . You are born to be great .
Thanks boss
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Betterdays007: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2023
uba1991:
you are are a minor stammerer, infact I encountered one stammarer that cannot complete a word without shading tears. You need to see a konk stammarer, in fact you will pity him anytime he wants to speak.
I don't think mine is chronic
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by jackie35(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

You just added another paragraph to your CV, he reminded you how to successfully market yourself.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Sweetvie: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sorry about that
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by KINGTELLER: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2023
phemmyfour:
So , you can hire a blind man as a company driver?

Some jobs come with special skills, if you don't have it....you are DISABLED

A partial blind man can be hired as a company driver even if he identifies as blind

I had this same mindset not until I relocated. I have seen people with stuttered speech, cripple do this customer service work perfectly well in the clime I live.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by suzystores: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
You can work on it dear

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by KINGTELLER: 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2023
superCleanworks:

so what should happen now? they should employ him or not?

If he is qualified for the job, yes. Dont use his diasability to fail him. I have encoutered people with speech problem or language barrier or accents do this job

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by phemmyfour: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
KINGTELLER:

A partial blind man can be hired as a company driver even if he identifies as blind

I had this same mindset not until I relocated. I have seen people with stuttered speech, cripple do this customer service work perfectly well in the clime I live.
requirements for job is key.

If being physically blind isn't a requirement, a blind man has no reason attending such interview
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by ugwum007(m): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
Fedrick100:

Teach me software development na
I’m also a stammer,

Stammerer teach stammerer?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by GindoX(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
dynicks:
bro na who wear shoe know where e take dey pain the person.....Personally, av tried mehn....maybe not all ways.......wetin remain na to go see if e go work for native doctor hand ......That shit can really kill one's morale and ginger!!...

Hmm, it's true... I stammer when I try to speak faster. So I talk slowly, and its even clearer and matured. I no dey repeat my words. If you no hear the first time. I go tell you another thing

1 Like

Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Advancedman(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

There are stammerers who only stammer when casually talking but once is official one would argue otherwise.
But if yours is irrespective such job ain't for you.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by BOYS2MEN: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
Bros where for diz world,stammerer don b customer care??..haba na u fumble na...I understand say u wan engage urself base on ur qualification..that one nor follow na..you reason am
Betterdays007:
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Chigorkizz(m): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by achimendy(m): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

You too you have problem, you know you're stammerer, and you still went ahead to apply for a position that has to do with speaking.

Wisdom is profitable to direct, look for a position that do less speaking so you can help your self.
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Stammerers are known for their Hot temper shocked

I'm surprise u didn't beat up the man after he broke the news to u

Are u mocking the guy or consoling him....
We should always know limits to jokes pls
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Bluntemperor: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
Betterdays007:

Madam, during your discussions and according to you,your deficiency is already known to him( the HR head)- don't you think you can ask for other departments,if you really wanted the job?
For I know that Companies always put premium in abilities of many disabilities!
You should have been cautious e g Sir, can I have any other departments to work?
Re: Why I Got Rejected At A Customer Care Interview by Dirtyyansh: 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
Focusmind:
So sad!

Loosing opportunities because of one's physical disabilities is always painful.

This should be discouraged in Nigeria. Sorry and pick yourself up.

Chief, evening.
I would love your response on this subject although it is totally different from the comment you made.

My 30yr old younger brother has been in a relationship with a lady, an auditor at a big four firm in Nigeria.
He recently reached out to me that the lady put in long hours at work, sometimes get home by 10pm, sometimes 12pm and he is not sure if he would be able to cope with such work-lifestyle.
My question is: have you got anyone who married a big 4 female consultant ?
What has their experience been like?
Would you advice him to continue the relationship or look for a family oriented woman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Massive Nationwide Job Recruitment At Actionaid (AA) Nigeria General Assembly / Top 7 Skills And Qualities Employers Look For In Candidates / Vacancies @ Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) - November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.