Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo (29530 Views)

Obi Set Igbo Political Trajectory 24 Years Back – Nnamani Says After Losing / Peter Obi Set To Tour Nigerian Universities (Pictures) / Oby Ezekwesili At WEF: Xenophobia Caused By African Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Whoknow: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Even other countries are interested in the rescue of Nigeria this is amazing my country is going to be the Giant of Africa as it is called. God bless OBIDATTI and all Obidients families who are doing their best for the emancipation of our country.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by yemyke001(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Here below are part of his achievements if you will not go around denying them again because you're an enemy of good things.

Peter Obi built from scratch to finish the following and many.

1. Peter Obi built from scratch Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Teaching Hospital, Amaku, Akwa with 25 building structures.
2. Revenue House Awka
3. Judiciary quarters Onitsha
4. Government Lodge Onitsha
5. 2nd Onitsha business Park
6. Anambra state fire service headquarters Akwa
7. State Secretariat in Awka
8. Rebuilt and expanded head bridge, Upper Iweka Road, Onitsha, to ten lanes.
9. Six pedestal bridges in Anambra, three before Headbridge, one at MCC Onitsha, one at Nkpor and last located in Unizik Awka
10. Awka sub station was built under Peter Obi
11. First open heart hospital in South-east was built by Peter Obi
12. Peter Obi revamped Harbour industrial layout Onitsha which is now the biggest industrial estate in South-east, under Obi's administration many industries were established like, Innoson vehicle manufacturing, Sab Miller, Tiger Food, Orenge drugs, Ekulu group, Eastern Distilleries, Juhel Pharmaceutical company, Activa
13. Onitsha business Park 1 was established, the business Park houses Nigeria stock exchange, banks, tax office, licensing office, restaurant
14. Agulu Lake hotel with access roads and two bridges was built by Peter Obi, the hotel was built for tourism
15. In order to promote reading culture in the state, he erected and adequately equipped Prof. Kenneth Dike Digital Modern Library, Awka. He also rehabilitated the Divisional Library, Onitsha.
16. Onitsha shopping mall was built under Peter Obi
17. Peter Obi reconstructed old Enugu/Onitsha Road from Awka to Onitsha and Zik's avenue Awka which is still standing today without pothole
18. Formed and funded state Vigilante and distributed to them 250 vehicles
19. Peter Obi distributed 500 school buses to all the secondary schools in Anambra
20. Accreditation of 12 Health Institutions, among are:
Iyiemu Hospital, Ogidi
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala
Holy Rosary Waterside, Onitsha
Saint Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu
Also built different Health Care and Maternal Centres across the state.
21. He was the first governor to purchase medical equipment of about 135 million and 50 life ambulances to some hospitals. All still functioning till date.
22. Anambra was the first state in Nigeria to distribute 30,000 computers and 32,500 HP Computers at different times.
23. He donated 3M and 444M naira to Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches respectfully to rehabilitate their schools. Considering their needs at that time.
24. He gave 1M each to Anambra First Class Graduates in all Nigerian Universities. Before his tenure was over 160 Anambrans were beneficiaries.
25. He gave 500 thousand naira to each secondary schools in the state to provide library materials and books to their library. This revolution tremendously boost the performance of students, as the state went from 26th position out of the 36 states in the federation to 1st position in the federation.
26. He gave one security vehicle to each of the 177 communities in Anambra. This in turn improved the security situation in Anambra tremendously.
27. He cleared pension and gratuity owed since 1991 by paying the beneficiaries a whooping sum of 37B.
28. He gave monthly #10k stipend to any Anambran above 80 years of age.
29. Funded agrolink hotel project Golden Tower.
30. He reconstructed the popular interchange bridge axis of Enugu and Onitsha Express Way to 6 lanes.
31. Constructed 800kilometers of roads network between the rural and urban areas of the state. This includes:
Igbariam Internal Roads
Aguleri to Adani Enugu Road etc
32. He constructed 30 verifiable bridges and flyovers, such as Nkpor flyover, Obosi flyover which Julius Berger is using today as their bypass.
33. He patronized home built vehicles by buying over 20,000 vehicles from Innoson which he gave to schools, traditional rulers and vigilante groups in the state.
34. He constructed and commissioned the governor's lounge at Annex Onitsha, FMR Customary Court of Appeal building, High Court Complex at Nnewi and Ogidi, judges quarters at Onitsha.
35. Built Dunukofia Local Government Secretariat.
36. Distributed 1.2B credit facility to farmers in the state and also cleared 20M debt owed banks by Anambra farmers as a result of 2012 flood devastation.
37. Purchase 185 vehicles (buses and taxis) in two years for Anambra transportation.
38. Adopted the best practice in waste management disposal by providing over 300B worth of Waste Evacuation Trucks.
39. In 2015 Anambra was adjudged as the least indebted state in the federation by Debt Management Office. This was due to his judicious use of resources coming to the state and not put burden on the unborn Anambra people.

The last point is actually true. I just checked. See link. https://www.dmo.gov.ng/sub-nationals-debts/1060-domestic-debt-of-the-36-states-and-fct-as-at-december-31-2015

1 Like

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by benqo01(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
HIS LAST STATEMENT SAID IT ALL...... FACT
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Espelbengz(m): 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Pastor so according to you obi is the standard for African leaders? Lol
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Kunlevic1984(m): 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2023
May God arise and make Obi our next president! On that day it happens, I will praise you in the markets with tears flowing on my face. Let it happen now.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by expert234: 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigSarah:
Yeah Obi is good, but he's going nowhere.

Vote Atiku say no to rookies and drug barons

Rookie in corrupt practices, right?

So, you prefer an expert in corruption?

Your county's major issue is corruption. Ywt, you want a corrupt dog to be elected as president?
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by expert234: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
iSense247:
On 25th February, 2023, Mr Ancestor Ahmed Tinubu shall be disgraced and retired from politics permanently. Nigerian youths are ready for him.

I am also a card carrying member of PDP in Osun State but my vote is for Peter Obi. I love my future more than my stomach. Yoruba ni mi tokantokan sugbon Peter Obi ni choice mi ni 2023 election.

I have a pastor brother in Osun state, who thinks it's better to vote for Atiku because Nigerians are not mentally ready to vote for Peter Obi. He also thinks voting for Peter Obi will divide PDP's vote, which may give tinubu an easy win.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by ogatboy(m): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Obi as president changes Nigeria stand in the international world. Dubai no fit dey use us play
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by IfnobeGod20: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
ATLIEN2027:

grin grin grin grin grin
These are pedestrian basic projects that some of the worst Governors have also done in the past.
Even some of the worst Governors ever have better record than this. Pls hide your face. We don't need an incompetent or average Governor as the next President. We need someone with an ability to think out of the box, someone who have in past introduced ideas that are not generic to the Nigerian political landscape. These
We don't need someone who's biggest investment is in Beer production. We need someone who can come up with ideas like Eko Atlantic and an urban Metro rail system system not one building local roads and LG clinics.
Mr. Man, what did Tinubu do at Eko Atlantic City and the Urban Metro Rail System. These are projects that have been on papers since the time of Jakande. Please what did Tinubu do in both? At least we saw what Fashola, Ambode and SanwoOlu did and there investment in both. What did Tinubu do?
At least Peter Obi was able to opened up and revamped Harbour industrial layout Onitsha which is now the biggest industrial estate in South-east, under Obi's administration many industries were established like, Innoson vehicle manufacturing, Sab Miller, Tiger Food, Orenge drugs, Ekulu group, Eastern Distilleries, Juhel Pharmaceutical company. These are industries that are employing thousands of Anambrans till date.
I ask again, what did Tinubu do at Eko Atlantic City specifically and what did he do at the Metro Rail? The next you will tell me is he was the one that plan the blueprint of the projects but that has been bursted to be lie. We know Peter Obi opened up an industrial estate during his tenure, which became an industrial hub before he left out of office. Please tell us what he did in those two projects.
Meanwhile, any project that touches the lives of people directly cannot be said to be pedestrian projects. Go and check the criteria that HDI anchor on and you will know that all the projects Peter Obi did were what even developed economy focused on.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Willie2015: 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

Because he is not the show off kind of man, you mistake him for every bad thing, you are so dumb you can’t just sit and look deep into Peter Obi, just headlines and co, I will buy you data, to research about this man called Peter Obi. Tony elumelu and Peter Obi? You Dey craze well well.

Even the worst politician in Naija....
donates to charity....
It is a different ball game and on a higher level when...
you help and build Men.....
You dont have to show it off....or say anything...
Those men will come out and speak for you cheesy grin
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by expert234: 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
ATLIEN2027:
All these IPOB zombidient MODS on NL pushing this pandora pathological liar to front page with all sorts of TRASHY inconsequential and absurd stories are just LABORING IN VAIN.

Why not tell your APC mods to push all your trash to front page?

Peter Obi tuary will be lucky to win s single state.

Since he won't win one state, why are you now masturbating over him? You should ignore him like you ignore Sowore, nah. grin

Or are you afraid to ignore Peter Obi, the man with no structure? grin

The saddest part is that there are so many easily impressionable and gullible youths out there who will be wondering why Pandora did so poorly after the election because they are being lied to now that the IPOB packaged fraud has a chance.

Imagine this shameless defender of drug dealer and father of a drug addict daughter calling someone else gullible. grin What an absurdity!

Can you mention what tinubu did as governor in lagos state?
They will all be here by Feb 27th crying that the election has been rigged...Just wait and see.

Tinubu's only plan is to rig election
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by owobokiri(m): 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
BigSarah:

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Even the worst politician in Naija....
donates to charity....
It is a different ball game and on a higher level when...
you help and build Men.....
You dont have to show it off....or say anything...
Those men will come out and speak for you.

See how dumb you are, you claim he doesn’t do like Tony, now you say e help build men, GOOGLE PETER OBI EXPLOIT, Even Anini and Shina Rambo the great armed robbers were givers. We want a builder, a economist, not a bullion van people.

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
My mentor
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Fotamart: 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
ATLIEN2027:

Just imagine these people asking others to vote for a candidate who was a Governor for 8 yrs yet he has no tangible record that he can brag about and show us his capacity to do the same on the National stage. They want us to vote for a failed Governor.
HELL NO.
Take heart. We can feel ur pain.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by amuwo1980: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
Any Nigerian alive below 65 years and did not vote for Obi died years ago , all u are seeing is his carcass
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Kekydiv(m): 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
This coming election is the most anticipated election in the history of Nigeria politics! Never ever in Nigeria politics has a mushroom party from nowhere gain popularity under months! What is coming is big! What is coming is revolutionary!!
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Kekydiv(m): 12:00am On Jan 18, 2023
BigSarah:

You’re just a wicked person.. you know the man is good, you said it yourself.. Then why advocating for someone else?
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by MeineMutter: 12:16am On Jan 18, 2023
reddingtonblack:

I believe you went to school, there is no record that recognises leaving money in treasury as an achievement.

Forbes don't rate wealth by savings, nobody is wealthy by savings, how much more an economy.

On a global scale, IGR of a state is what is recognized not savings, so what pace did Peter Obi set. you people just spew lies, fantasy and delusions conveniently, no worries naa hospital most of you go wake up after the election.

Dem go wake up for agb’omolà (herbalist) domot when hospital don full. Make all babalawo for Yea-stern legion of Biaf.la start to dey prepare the concoction for cu_re of convulsions. Because lots of dem go daku lo ragbadan when dem hear the lesurt. Onyeiberib.e.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Alpharey: 12:19am On Jan 18, 2023
TheChameleon:
This wouldn't make Hausa thumbprint an Igbo.

Nnamdi Kanu showed the average Igbo's mindset to their Masters & Conquerors - Hausa + Yoruba.

We took notes. We also note that Peter Obi is IPOB Chief.

We will answer with our votes. Let's see how you will smell Aso Rock Toilet.

You are actually a chameleon. It runs in your family. Taa! Bupu gi!
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by MeineMutter: 12:24am On Jan 18, 2023
broadman20:

Shut up there you HYPOCRITE

How many did you people kill during Tinubu reign as the governor of Lagos?

You think the northwmers are fools, they've known you people abeg.

Sebi you sabi quote anyhow. Read this from one of your forefathers.

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by donyfrank: 1:10am On Jan 18, 2023
Obi, you're the man.
But we love Biafra.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Danisaint112(m): 2:33am On Jan 18, 2023
The front page is your friend. Accept Obi into your life and find peace. grin

Cromagnon
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by Abiliboi: 3:18am On Jan 18, 2023
ATLIEN2027:
All these IPOB zombidient MODS on NL pushing this pandora pathological liar to front page with all sorts of TRASHY inconsequential and absurd stories are just LABORING IN VAIN.

Peter Obi tuary will be lucky to win s single state.

The saddest part is that there are so many easily impressionable and gullible youths out there who will be wondering why Pandora did so poorly after the election because they are being lied to now that the IPOB packaged fraud has a chance.
They will all be here by Feb 27th crying that the election has been rigged...Just wait and see.

Your shame dey shame even unborn Nigerians
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by mono26: 3:57am On Jan 18, 2023
This is why your children children will suffer for your wrong choice cos you are exchanging their destinies for just only today meal. Nonsense.
BigSarah:

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by mono26: 4:08am On Jan 18, 2023
Barrylord4040:
8years as governor,you can't point out any tangible achievement.
Then am senseless if I vote for you.
Vote wisely
I am already weeping for you and your children for this mistake you are planning to make even while seeing the right thing to do b4 it becomes too late
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by leokid866: 4:21am On Jan 18, 2023
mono26:

I am already weeping for you and your children for this mistake you are planning to make even while seeing the right thing to do b4 it becomes too late
anyone who sees obi as the right thing is beyond blind.....even spit from the direct mouth of Jesus cannot heal such a fellow....
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by broadman20: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2023
MeineMutter:

Sebi you sabi quote anyhow. Read this from one of your forefathers.

You think he is the only person saying it,

You people are the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.

DOUBLE FACED PEOPLE, NEITHER HERE NOR THERE!

Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by TrumpDonald2: 7:05am On Jan 18, 2023
ATLIEN2027:

Not to worry, you will have few choices after the election - you can japa to Congo or Togo, you can enjoy a bottle of sniper to relief you of your pain or you can go back to your IPOB camp and start calling Nigeria zoo again as you were doing before. You can also stay and be a good citizen.

Whatever you decide to do is your problem, we won't really give a flying fvck about your choice.

Goodluck.

grin stop deceiving yourself. Thieffnubu is going nowhere. Know this and know peace mkpi
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by OllyDiamond: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2023
An average Nigerian is inherently evil and as such, will never support anything good. And I think that's why many Nigerians hate Peter Obi.

In my last place of work in that hell called Nigeria, there was a high conspiracy of lies and gang-up by subordinates against me simply because I refused allowing them to steal or do shoddy works. Suddenly with their diabolic acts and conspiracies, everything turned against me and I had to leave the job because my employers who were so appreciative of me suddenly came up accusing me that I am unfriendly with my co-equals and subordinates.

The son of the main employer said and I quote: "your work colleagues complain so badly of your unfriendly, manipulative and arrogant nature. I am highly displeased with you but then, I must be truthful with you that you are a very honest person, very hard working and God is with you but your character with your co-workers is bad and as such, we cannot confirm your appointment".

The employers never said anything to me about my character not until after 7 months when I asked them about my probation which was due after 6 months of engagement. If as an employer you are displeased with an employee, won't you fire the person or tell the employee at the end of the 6 months to go? Why waste my time till after 7 months and I had to ask at the beginning of the eighth month?
I am very sure that they didn't want to pay me the arrears of deductions done on my full salaries for the 7 months and that's why they put up those flimsy excuses. God is watching anyway.

When I opened my mouth to speak, he shouted saying I dare not utter a word that he is the boss here and that my attempt to speak shows how truly arrogant I am.

I mean how do you as an employer have time to listen to some workers complain against me but would not hear me out? It was then I remembered the statement an Akwa Ibom man who is a supervisor under me told me to my face that "he would make sure I leave the garden empty-handed and in shame". This supervisor would always want to divert our employer's customers to a particular competitor outside and I always oppose him. He would always want me to inflate prices of quotations for services and when I refuse, I am tagged evil and an enemy. He is closer to the CSO and admin secretary and would always have lies to say against me to them which they all would tell the son of the main employer.

An average Nigerian is a devil and will vehemently resist you to pull you down if you want to do anything right.

I would advise Peter Obi to quit wanting to help Nigeria and build his capacity so that he can attain better heights like Ngozi Okonjo, Adeshina, Goodluck Jonathan because Yar'Adua who was good never lasted.
Re: How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo by McCoy9067(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Obi is globally recognized as a man who set a pace for other politicians in Africa.

Meanwhile, buhari is holding the titles for the Guinness book of world records on global tours with nothing to write home about tongue.
Dey play yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Don't Mock Peter Obi For His Borehole Projects, Water Is Life" —Shehu Sani / I Never Thought APC Would Last This Long – Okupe / Nigerian Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Along Damboa Axis Buried In Borno(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.