Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion (56453 Views)

Bayelsa Female Welder, Faith Lesley, Buys A Car As Birthday Gift / Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / Nkem Okechukwu, Graduate Who Taps & Sells Palm Wine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by ebenmosi360(m): 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Michewwwwww liesss
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by CaptainAyub: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
DWJOBScom:

Forget what you buy from Lagos
A real palm wine drinker won't touch those enhanced drinks in lagos.
You need to travel to this community for a taste.
A glass is sold for 900 - 1200, a fad cry from your 25litres.
Open your mindset and read
As a rule,I don't drink palmwine except I'm in the village.
Any thing wey U de drink for all these big cities na "to whom it may concern" grin
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by HitRun(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
ModCaller:

This is the exact number that doesn't add up. Palm trees do not produce sap everyday, all year round. They usually run dry after being tapped for few days.

Palm trees produce sap all year round. The number of months where the quantity produced by the palm trees drop to a few cups per day is about 3 to 4 months around Ogbadibo in Benue and Udenu in Enugu states respectively. However, the spike in price of palm wine around these months would compensate for the reduced production quantity.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Ckonnet: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
Make una give igbo guy opportunity make hm run this quantry as our local business una no gree na people wey no fit remember the no of their cows n now baba blue to loot. Okay oo
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Indispensable85(m): 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
This story nor clear
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by CaptainAyub: 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
Curiouscity:

The man mentioned the minimum and maximum number of gallons he produce a day.
Let's go with the minimum = 10 gallons during dry season. (20 - 25 during rainy season)
Each gallon sells at 7K.

A day during dry season = 70k.
A week during dry season = 490K.

Even if someone can earn 50K per day consistently for 5 years, what is 25m?

That is the mathematics you wanted to see.

I am not from South East, but South South. I grew up in a typical village where we had many palm wine tappers. In my community/state, palm wine is not as expensive as in Igboland, because we tap raffia palm tree not palm oil tree. Yet more than 60% of the palm wine tappers in my community built nice/big block houses, sent their kids to good secondary schools in the 80s/90s. 2 of them, their kids were among the 1st set of university graduates from my own village.

In Nigeria today, it is possible to hide under any trade to commit crime, that is why we see red flags everywhere whenever someone who is in a "lowly" trade is seen with things we think are the exclusive rights of the high and mighty.

Hardwork and consistency still pays!
My cousins who grew up in the village but live in Abuja now,once they come home, they do not touch beer again or spirits again.
They'll tell U those things are chemicals.
In a day,2 of them and their friends could drink up to 5 gallons of palm wine,each was sold b/w 6k to 8k this Christmas.
A typical Igbo man values palm wine more than any drink and our soil type gives the best palm wines.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Badguy77(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ritualist
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Raxxye(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
After sometime now we will hear:
"Millionaire palm wine rapper arrested for involvement in kidnapping and armed robber!".
Until then, he's making other honest and hardworking palm wine tappers look stupid!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Dshocker(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
Srredkita:
Which kind lie be this..

Over possible my guy.

Wetin dey kill so many youths this days is that, they lack spirit of saving.

There are people that earns 30k per month, yet they are building a house.

An okada can save N5m in a year if he has strong spirit of saving.

The youth of this days are waiting until they hit it big at once before they will know they have made it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Dshocker(m): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
Lionmachala:
grin. Unbelievable

Na wetin igbos take pass other tribes when it comes to business.

U dey here dey shout na lie, when he has told you he sell 8k for a gallon by 50, that is 400k in a day.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by deavicky(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
flejnr2:

The level of your illiteracy is that you would have enquired how much a gallon of good palm wine from Enugu ezzike is sold, a gallon(4litres) on a normal market day is sold 8k and in festive period sold from 20k-30k due to demand and the smallest wine seller comes to market with not less than 3 gallons in a day. so a normal wine tapper in Igbo land that has enough palm trees that are his own is not ya mate on a normal day , he might be selling more than 50gallons a day with his contact
while I had to stop and go back to my calculator. You try well well. He must have a palm plantation that never dries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by JB4life: 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
yes
We are saying the same thing oh…they make a lot of money from this palm wine business….a cup of palm wine was sold for 700 during the festive period.

A cup was sold N1,000 in Nsukka in last Christmas season.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Madridstar:
Dey play

Ogwu Ego main hustle

Palm winning taping ...side hustle

A FTer now, Obi cubana
Will tell us he made his billions early 2002from Ibiza drinking spot at garki ...
Akuko, jisinu ike
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Dshocker(m): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Thisis2raw:
Whoever believes that story that tapping palm wine, built him that house and bought him GLE is slow.

If this is your mindset, am sorry to tell you that you can't make it in business.

Even an okada man that has strong culture of savings and dedicated to it can save N5m-N10m a year.

The problem of the current youths is that, they are lazy, lack the spirit of savings and want quick money.

A gallon is 8k by 50 is 400k my guy, so why can't he buy the car and build the house in a business he has been doing for over 15yrs, haba.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by DWJOBScom(m): 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
CaptainAyub:

As a rule,I don't drink palmwine except I'm in the village.
Any thing wey U de drink for all these big cities na "to whom it may concern" grin

Very true
Just like desiring oha soup prepared by a northern lady or a Spanish chef
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Trustedpronet: 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
It's highly possible
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by ModCaller: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
HitRun:

Palm trees produce sap all year round. The number of months where the quantity produced by the palm trees drop to a few cups per day is about 3 to 4 months around Ogbadibo in Benue and Udenu in Enugu states respectively. However, the spike in price of palm wine around these months would compensate for the reduced production quantity.

No. As you tap a particular tree, the sap drops. There is a limited quantity of sap that any tree can produce in a month. Anyone who knows trees will tell you.

So you have to rotate from tree to tree. Just like shifting cultivation. 56 trees are not enough to pull those numbers he is insinuating

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by saintneo(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2023
flejnr2:

The level of your illiteracy is that you would have enquired how much a gallon of good palm wine from Enugu ezzike is sold, a gallon(4litres) on a normal market day is sold 8k and in festive period sold from 20k-30k due to demand and the smallest wine seller comes to market with not less than 3 gallons in a day. so a normal wine tapper in Igbo land that has enough palm trees that are his own is not ya mate on a normal day , he might be selling more than 50gallons a day with his contact

Does he climb all the trees by himself alone? Or does he buy from other palmwine tappers and sell for profit? In the years past my village is known for palm wine tapping, but I have never seen any with suitable money. There must be a method of aggregating the work done for it to become a profitable business.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Dshocker(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2023
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

On a very serious note I knew a palm wine tapper who did bought lands everywhere in our community, build better houses and trained his seven children through the university. Sometimes it's not about what we do, it's the blessings we carry

My this has nothing to do with blessings, truth is that the current generation lacks the spirit of savings, we spend it all as the money comes.

Before you know it, they will say the business is useless and not profitable or one uncle was the cause as to why they couldn't make anything out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by AngelicBeing: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
[quor ote author=FalseProphet1 post=120191209]I would have said I should add Palm wine tapping to my prophetic ministry to boost my income. But that tree scares me. I don't want to be climbing with my Bell then fall and break my precious waist.

Let me continue with my prophetic ministry biko.

This I have seen.[/quote]or bitten by a serpent hiding inside the tree cheesy
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by francotunsco: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
Abeg, wetin be name of this film. Who direct am?
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Rybnyk(m): 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
OpzyGist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHLxryceAY4

A Nigerian man who is a palm wine tapper has built a mansion with the business often regarded as meant for the poor.

This was seen in a A viral video of the man posted on Facebook by popular comedian, Mama Uka, has gone viral and raked in 451k views.

The man named Utobo, who has become a professional tapper, is from Amufi, Enugu Ezike, Enugu state.

In a video interaction with popular comedian, Mama Uka, Utobo said he initially stopped the business but nothing else worked for him.

Apart from using the business to build a fine house, Utobo has also used it to buy a brand-new Mercedes Benz and also send his wife to the university level with the business.

When he was asked...

“I Started When I Was 12”: Nigerian Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion & Trains Wife up to University

https://opzygist.com.ng/gossips-and-news/nigerian-palm-wine-tapper-buys-benz/

No wonder politicians spin all sorts and people vote without questioning them....
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by abobote: 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
flejnr2:

Are you related to Lia Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by toujurs: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
flejnr2:

don't mind him, this is one of the reason, I don't feel for broke people. Their sense of reasoning is so annoying.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by olab059(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
Wow! I love this.

For those that didn't watch it, the man gets 13-27 gallons a day from over 50 trees he taps from. One gallon sells for 7k. If we work with 13 gallons a day, that's 91,000 Naira a day...and 2.7 million a month shocked shocked

Some people will start planning on how to start the business after watching this video. grin
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by olab059(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Srredkita:
Which kind lie be this..

Please take time and watch the full video.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by jclassiq(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
He is the only palmwine tapper in that geographical location.

Senseless content creators.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by olab059(m): 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
ModCaller:
This is a lie. Any mathematically sound person can easily run the numbers.

It's a lie. He should tell you people where he got 25 million to raise that duplex to that level and 15 million to buy that Benz there.

40 million my ass. Only in Nigeria

If you watch the video, he said he gets 13 gallons on a regular day...one gallon sells for 7k...that's 91k a day, and 2.7 million Naira a month, if he is able to sell every gallon he taps. Even 2 million a month is quite impressive.
Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by Firstcitizen: 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
Thisis2raw:
Whoever believes that story that tapping palm wine, built him that house and bought him GLE is slow.

No mind dem. Dis one fit be low key kidnapper

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Millionaire Palm Wine Tapper Buys Benz, Builds Mansion by olab059(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2023
temiflex01:
I buy 25litres of palm wine in Lagos for N10k, outside Lagos shouldn't be more than N6k to 7k. How many he sells daily? And gor how many years did he saves for the project. He should give us the figures not cock bull stories. Ibo man! grin grin grin

Did you watch the full video? He gave figures...he said he gets 13 gallons on a regular day...one gallon sells for 7k...that's 91k a day, and 2.7 million Naira a month, if he is able to sell every gallon he taps. Even 2 million a month is quite impressive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call / My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.