Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year (10949 Views)

Pending Salary After Resignation Paid Finally / Re: A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation / A Company Didn't Accept My Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by cassyrooy(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
dosage150:
https://www.nairaland.com/7355662/what-duration-notice-period-resignation

Good morning fam,
After my resignation on 24-09-2022 which I posted here. Some faulted me for not taking my salary and leave without notice

Yea I felt bad but I served in a very vital department that I had alot of their properties in my care. And the firm is known for taking up cases like this up and declaring you "missing" with your pictures all over their branches.

This can tarnish one's image or even cause my new employer to dismiss me , so I had to do all neccessary documentation

After my resignation
The HR asked me to send my IDs, handbooks and other documents to the HQ in the East instead of the one here in Lagos where i stay

I sent it accross to them , after some weeks when I called to know if they recieved it
She told me that they got only the handbook and nothing else (I sealed all these together)
I stood my ground and was ready to travel for this
After two weeks, she admitted that they have seen every of the documents

My new job took my time because I have been on training
I never called to ask of my salary, when I in Dec, she assured me that they are working on it grin grin grin grin grin

On Monday this week, I was ready to meet the MD because of this issue
I called the lady again, she was ranting that i should allow them to work on my benefits and all that , I raised my voice too and told her that I only worked with them for 6 months , i really wonder what benefits she is calculating and I am ready to meet the MD because of this and that she should have it on mind that I am not forfeiting this salary for ANYTHING.

She dropped the call, later the secretary called me to assure me that they are working on it

Yesterday my pension account was credited grin
I have to wait for my salary at the end of this month
I will be patient till March , because she once told me that it is after 6 months I should be worried not "disturbing" her everyday

Till then

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by SimeonOTC(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Them no tell you may you forget the salary grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by yemi1504: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
dosage150:

Good morning fam,
After my resignation on 24-09-2022 which I posted here. Some faulted me for not taking my salary and leave without notice

Yea I felt bad but I served in a very vital department that I had alot of their properties in my care. And the firm is known for taking up cases like this up and declaring you "missing" with your pictures all over their branches.

This can tarnish one's image or even cause my new employer to dismiss me , so I had to do all neccessary documentation

After my resignation
The HR asked me to send my IDs, handbooks and other documents to the HQ in the East instead of the one here in Lagos where i stay

I sent it accross to them , after some weeks when I called to know if they recieved it
She told me that they got only the handbook and nothing else (I sealed all these together)

I never called to ask of my salary, when I in Dec, she assured me that they are working on it grin grin grin grin grin

I called the lady again, she was ranting that i should allow them to work on my benefits and all that , I raised my voice too and told her that I only worked with them for 6 months , i really wonder what benefits she is calculating and I am ready to meet the MD because of this and that she should have it on mind that I am not forfeiting this salary for ANYTHING.

She dropped the call, later the secretary called me to assure me that they are working on it

I will be patient till March , because she once told me that it is after 6 months I should be worried not "disturbing" her everyday

Till then

Another tale of being hosed or jobbed by a Nigerian employer in terms of paying last or less than a month salary. You can't say you worked without this happening to you sigh. Let it go. They now wonder why their businesses never get dedicated workers. This is one of the reasons.

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by yemi1504: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
ghiloman28:
Follow up with them you will get it. But the truth remain anytime you resigning in Nigeria own companies try and collect your salary to avoid issues like this coz average Nigeria business owners always sad when is time to pay salary and gratitude.

That is it! Best advice! If you want to resign in Nigeria, collect your salary before you resign and it should be with immediate effect so as not to lose much salary to them!

2 Likes

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by yemi1504: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2023
Bodmum:
always resign after receiving your salary.

Abi o and with immediate effect too!

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by yemi1504: 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2023
olisefom:
I wonder why Nigerian businesses behave funny when their staff is about to leave. I appreciate sincerity and I try not to shortchange them for any reason cos of other staffs that might be watching.

Sometimes, these contacts are still needed and will save your organisation agreat deal.

As an employer, you are like a needle in haystack in terms of that behavior. Most employers hose their leaving employees these days.

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by Ikea81: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2023
dosage150:

Good morning fam,

After my resignation

Till then

Sorry,. Some HRs can be demons.. Nigeria Breweries, till today they still seized my exit benefit,and I am not owing them shishi. And it's been 3years. I dey wait to sue them after 10years and ask for damages

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by olisefom: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
yemi1504:

As an employer, you are like a needle in haystack in terms of that behavior. Most employers hose their leaving employees these days.

I've come to understand that no one is irreplaceable. I believe the person leaving will give me an opportunity to work with another - which could be better...though not always. Just allow them go in peace. I have more peace with that.

2 Likes

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by mechanics(m): 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2023
You can call the MD when your salary is not paid when the time to pay has elapsed.

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by SodiumValproate: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
No be when you collect salary you the resign? grin

Who go pay you after? grin

Na Naija we dey grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by yemi1504: 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
olisefom:

I've come to understand that no one is irreplaceable. I believe the person leaving will give me an opportunity to work with another - which could be better...though not always. Just allow them go in peace. I have more peace with that.

Abi

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by GreyLaw(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
ghiloman28:
Follow up with them you will get it. But the truth remain anytime you resigning in Nigeria own companies try and collect your salary to avoid issues like this coz average Nigeria business owners always sad when is time to pay salary and gratitude.

Not just Nigerian-owned but Nigerian-run companies. I worked for an Indian-owned organisation but run by a set of incompetent, vindictive women. I did all I should do and even went overboard to make sure there was proper transition and yet they didn't pay me. I thought of following them up but later decided to drop it. The women who did this are lucky. I would have dealt with them but somehow I believe God wanted me to let it go. It was a serious temptation to speak against them. That's all I needed to do, speak against them but I let it go.

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by Yankee101: 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2023
Sounds like a one man business
Organizations have procedures and you don’t have to call except for some extra stuff

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by Timbar: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
IgiveLadiesBj:
Omo, I fit replace you. I need a job badly abeg
Follow Samuel Nzeh on Facebook
He post vacancies on his timeline
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2023
Yankee101:
Sounds like a one man business
Organizations have procedures and you don’t have to call except for some extra stuff
Not a one man business, a very known company since 1993, west Africa as well

Atimes you don't know how things goes till you get into some system

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
SodiumValproate:
No be when you collect salary you the resign? grin

Who go pay you after? grin

Na Naija we dey grin
I regretted not getting hold of my money seriously
Never will that happen again
Let's see as this goes
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
mechanics:
You can call the MD when your salary is not paid when the time to pay has elapsed.
I am taking my time, getting him will not be easy, but that would be my last resort

He really never wanted me to go then and was concerned to know if anything happened
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ikea81:

Sorry,. Some HRs can be demons.. Nigeria Breweries, till today they still seized my exit benefit,and I am not owing them shishi. And it's been 3years. I dey wait to sue them after 10years and ask for damages
Employers are devilish honestly
I have learnt never to resign If I no hold my salary
Still dey follow up once in a while

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
yemi1504:

That is it! Best advice! If you want to resign in Nigeria, collect your salary before you resign and it should be with immediate effect so as not to lose much salary to them!
I learnt the hardway , Nigerians are demons to their fellow Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by Ikea81: 8:10pm On Jan 19, 2023
Na so o. But I know I will have the last laugh sha.

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2023
yemi1504:

Another tale of being hosed or jobbed by a Nigerian employer in terms of paying last or less than a month salary. You can't say you worked without this happening to you sigh. Let it go. They now wonder why their businesses never get dedicated workers. This is one of the reasons.
It hurts me so much remembering that I am being owed
But after meeting with the MD if need be
If nothing happens

I let go
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2023
ekukeku:
It's seem I'm dreaming,
FTC
2023 u r doing well grin
Till then , let's see what happens
I hope they pay
Hurts me crazily knowing that I am being owed
I will always hold my money before resignation

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
ghiloman28:
Mehn I really learnt the hard way
Never again
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2023
leisuretym:
More like you are here to brag
Not bragging please
Many have waited for update on my earlier thread about this
I had to do that now
Sorry if you see it as one
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
Reinaldo:
Anything goes under this APC government. People are learning bad habits from bad leaders.
I will never ever resign without my salary next time
Some people are wicked
Especially Nigerian Employers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
sofeo:
Alright!

Consider Legal action
I pray it doesn't lead to this
I will still update with time
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
atobs4real:
THE RIGHT THING MUST BE DONE. FOLLOWUP WITH THE HR AND ENSURE YOU GET WHAT BELONGS TO U
I will keep following up till March, then I will know what next to do about it

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by dosage150(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
IgiveLadiesBj:
Omo, I fit replace you. I need a job badly abeg
Bro seriously I cannot refer someone I love to that toxic environment

You will not see me a human again
You will be depressed

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by mechanics(m): 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
dosage150:
I am taking my time, getting him will not be easy, but that would be my last resort

He really never wanted me to go then and was concerned to know if anything happened
Okay, good, just be patient.
Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by Joseph1505(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
I want to take my time and mentor people in Copywriting, no offense right?
who is interested?

1 Like

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by kolarov93(m): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2023
dosage150:
Bro seriously I cannot refer someone I love to that toxic environment

You will not see me a human again
You will be depressed

He can work under pressure grin grin

Many Nigerian job, u go dy prepare for interview like tomorrow no dy. When dem finally give person work wey dem dy brag on, d work place no go dy conducive.

Make God just help man and be self employ

2 Likes

Re: Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year by yemi1504: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
dosage150:

It hurts me so much remembering that I am being owed
But after meeting with the MD if need be
If nothing happens

I let go

Sorry bro. It happens to whoever works in this country and doesn't know this golden rule - collect your salary and then resign with immediate effect! At least, you will learn that lesson like we all did!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting Two Invites From One Organisation, How Can You Handle That / Can A Person Be Denied Jobs Because Of Name Arrangement / Shell Nigeria Job Vacancy - Apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.