Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm (18470 Views)

Traffic Gridlock In Maitama, Abuja Because Of APC Primaries (Photos) / Port Harcourt 7pm Curfew: Residents Trapped In Traffic Gridlock: Pics & Video / Apapa/oshodi Gridlock: Lagos Begins Removal Of Tankers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Jogs1900: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
SmartODINO:
This isn't the right approach, if you ask me. Address the cause of the scarcity first !!
Is it LASG that will address it?

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by mosez346(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
These so called APC people don't value their citizen, grin cheesy grin God forbid these evil party

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by snoopz: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Good development, my colleagues just dey enjoy for house as traffic dey, dem just dey call say vehicles no dey
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Samogloby: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
What is nice about it? The same government they belong to decided to suffer Nigerians and you say nice. If they provide enough fuel,who will queue on the road
Bodmum:
Nice development.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Cryofigbos: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jokerman:
The fuel queue these days in Lagos ehn, even at 300 naira per litre.

Only omo esu will vote Tinubu

Na tinubu cause fuel scarcity again grin grin grin wahala wahala wahala ipigs grin
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by ruffDiamond: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2023
Tiffnubuu Lagos! Iyalaya!
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by adioolayi(m): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
Atleast, no time to hoard and sell at high prices at awkward hours of late night and early morning..

If you have fuel...sell it at the stipulated time
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Biglogo(m): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kinni kase bayi, oro epo yi ma sunwa
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by ruffDiamond: 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
Cryofigbos:

Na tinubu cause fuel scarcity again grin grin grin wahala wahala wahala ipigs grin
he contributed in bringing the infamous government in! Na ogun go waste am and his entire family and supporters! Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Cryofigbos: 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
1EagleSquare:
Many motorist would be stranded as a result

Are motorists and the ppl not stranded in d traffic like dis already......the closing time is mainly for filling stations on d highway
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Jokerman(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
Cryofigbos:

Ono esu... shey no be APC cause am ni?

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by macduff884(m): 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
This is to show the high level of foolish thinking by this Lagos govt. I hope since they said they should close by that time,they tax they are to pay will be recalculated?

No worry OBI-DATTI IS COMING SOONEST

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by 3ple9iner: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
franchasng:
lol funny people.

Instead of addressing the root cause of fuel scarcity making people to queue at filling stations, they rather go for window dressing the problem as usual.

Expect more of this kind of useless window dressing and agbero policies when and if Bola Tinubu wins next month's presidential election.

Nigerians should keep voting in stupid people as leaders.

Christians after you foolishly vote in terrorists as leaders next month, you can then resume your usual disturbing of God via fasting and prayers for miracles, una well done

You could have been kind enough to explain to us how a state government would end the human made scarcity of fuel.
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by azpekuliar: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
NotKnown:
If you guys like, keep voting stupid people. They will keep setting up foolish policies that will affect you.

Very soon they will tell lagosians when to eat and when to procreate.

On the other hand, Total filling station at mobolaji Bank-Anthony way is a terror

Mobil on Ahmadu Bello way as well
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by grandstar(m): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
Government should increase the price to N350 to reduce cost of subsidizing the fuel.

A price increase would also reduce demand.
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by PHIPEX(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
This is so nonsense. What stops you from positioning your officers to control traffic, must we suffer more because of fuel?

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by 3ple9iner: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
Jokerman:
The fuel queue these days in Lagos ehn, even at 300 naira per litre.

Only omo esu will vote Tinubu
In Lagos? where is that. The highest I have seen is 245 and lowest 170.
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by 3ple9iner: 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
The holdup that Conoil filling station is causing at National all the way to cement is crazy. Even today being Thursday, it was very crazy.
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Jostoman: 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Father4all:
They don't have right. Highway belongs to Federal Government
he want to fight back on behalf of his oga. They are beginning to see defeat face to face.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by chloride6: 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Naptu2 come and explain this illegality…
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by diggindeep: 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
Temporary solution to a permanent problem.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by hardbody: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
engrflames:
That's a very good development. The traffic is so crazy nowadays due to motorist blocking the roads and thereby causing unnecessary traffic.
However, the major causes of fuel shortage needs to be addressed.

The major cause of fuel scarcity is APC. You all should do the needful, APC is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by davodyguy: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
sevo:

See as you dey contradict yourself...nah wah oo
Thought I was the only one that noticed the contradiction.

Blame the government, then support them in criticizing major Marketer causing traffic gridlock
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by hardbody: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
grandstar:
Government should increase the price to N350 to reduce cost of subsidizing the fuel.

A price increase would also reduce demand.

Interestingly even at N500 per litre people will still buy. At best they will reduce the quantity they buy at a go. Any person wey get money buy car go find money to run am, believe me.
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by michlins(m): 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
engrflames:
That's a very good development. The traffic is so crazy nowadays due to motorist blocking the roads and thereby causing unnecessary traffic.
However, the major causes of fuel shortage needs to be addressed.
this is a terrible development. They're business owners who will still pay taxes to the government. They need to maximise sales to stay profitable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Aboguede(m): 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
I bet all my girl friends at ones here and now that apc will not win presidential elections come next month and that lagos is at risk too for the governor!

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Petrol 270 per litre and bike man has to pay 100 extra before they can sell fuel...
what a shitty country

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by PurestBoy(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
Omo how do you people survive and remain sane in that Lagos? Highest traffic I encountered in Ibadan is 30mins

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by PurestBoy(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
hardbody:

Interestingly even at N500 per litre people will still buy. At best they will reduce the quantity they buy at a go. Any person wey get money buy car go find money to run am, believe me.

Some countries would be protesting by now but this is Nigeria, some will buy even at 1000 while others suffer

1 Like

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by richeeyo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
Bodmum:
sanwo olu will one day explain to Nigerians who ordered the lekki massacre.

No urchin should quote me.
You should be more concerned about the way ESN is killing u people
Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by nedekid: 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
Cryofigbos:

Nairaland should create a section and call it lunatics where ppl like u can comment.....so dey should vote obi for lagos state governor too grin grin grin so he can invest the money lagos used in building rice mill and light rail into beer grin u first said lagos state will soon tell Lagosians when to eat just bcoz of dis standing order inorder to reduce rush hour traffic and u still complained about the effect of d filling station queue, can't u see u r not normal....and instead make u leave lagos and to to ur Anambra where ur ppl r killing themselves u have refused

Just bcoz of dis filling station queue I entered ikeja #200 from Maryland today and I used over an hour b4 I could get to Sheraton hotel

" I entered ikeja #200 from Maryland today and I used over an hour b4 I could get to Sheraton hotel"

Suffering and smiling.
Lagos no pay you. Better relocate to anambra to cut soap, wash head then return.

Re: Traffic Gridlock: Lagos Orders Filling Stations On Highways To Close By 4pm by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2023
wereh oja. I'm a Yoruba guy, silly youruba musilm.
richeeyo:

You should be more concerned about the way ESN is killing u people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#181LagosRoads: List Of Lagos Roads That Are Yet To Be Constructed / Ukraine Vs Russia: Be Responsible For Your Safety - FG Tells Citizens / Dedicated BRT Lanes: Is It Now Free For All?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.