Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers (18406 Views)

Atiku Condemns Owo Catholic Church Attack / Tinubu Brought Dogara Back To APC, Atiku Is Next – Bamgbose / I’m The Only Candidate That Can Defeat APC –atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by ExAngel007(f): 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has condemned the alleged explosion at the campaign rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers state.

Darlington Nwauju, Rivers APC spokesperson, had alleged that there was an explosion on Thursday during the party’s governorship rally at Ojukwu field, Rumuwoji community in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

But Grace Iringe-Koko, Rivers police spokesperson, countered Nwauju, saying no explosion occurred — and that the incident was a clash between the community members and party supporters.

Reacting in a series of tweets on Thursday evening, the PDP presidential candidate said he “stands with the APC” and families of those injured.

Abubakar also said the should be no room for violence against political opponents.

“There should be no place for violence and anti-democratic
manifestations in this election,” he wrote.

“We’ve already committed to that in the peace pact we all signed up to.

“Elections are not a do-or-die affair but an opportunity to reinforce our belief in democracy through our leadership choices via adult suffrage.

“We had complained about the violence that had been visited on our party in some states because we did not want it to become a pattern if those engaged in anti- democratic activities were not brought to book.

“Our worst fears have now manifested with the explosion at the APC rally in Port Harcourt. It stands condemned. “Elections and the choices we make should be about the ballot and not the bullet.

“On behalf of my team, I stand in solidarity with the APC and the families of the injured. I wish the injured a quick recovery.”

Abubakar also asked security agencies to ensure that “those behind this dastardly act, including their promoters” are brought to justice to serve as a deterrent to “copycats who may be emboldened to thread this same anti-democratic path”.

Meanwhile, the PDP candidate’s comment comes amid crisis in his party over the position taken by stakeholders led by Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers.

Wike and his allies have excluded themselves from the PDP presidential campaign over calls for Iyorchia Ayu to step down as national chairperson of the party.

The calls for Ayu’s resignation, according to the PDP stakeholders, are based on the grounds that the PDP presidential candidate and the national chairperson cannot be from the same region.

https://www.thecable.ng/i-stand-with-apc-atiku-condemns-explosion-at-rally-in-rivers/amp

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by chatinent: 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
I'm waiting for Nigerians to give different renditions of this statement.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by KingKO22: 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by LeoDeKing: 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
That is politics without bitterness.

But the promoters of Andrew Liver Salt will soon go for thanksgiving to express their gratitude to abiama.

*spits on their cursed heads.

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Asgard13: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
That is politics without bitterness.

But the promoters of Andrew Liver Salt will soon go for thanksgiving to express their gratitude to abiama.

*spits on their cursed heads.

Wetin you still dey wait for..

Vote the candinate with political maturity and love for Nigerians .. even in his “acclaimed political enemy’s home “

Some for don Dey wish Evil and dead ..

Atiku has no opposition.. we all know this ..

Power to the people
PDP!!!

Let love lead..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Asgard13: 4:43am On Jan 20, 2023
If this happen for Adamawa .. Wike for don Dey blame and abuse Atiku .. all for the press ..

Different humans ..

Sai Wazirin Turakin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:45am On Jan 20, 2023
My take in all these might be strange to the weak minds but if you have studied this regime, your guess might be similar to mine!

Buhari is not interested in APC but in Kwankwaso

They are doing everything possible to upgrade Kwankwaso

Kwankwaso knows nothing except red caps

I told Tinubu on this forum that Buhari is only toying with him and will toss him aside at the right time

They are only engaging him, making him feel like presidential material grin grin until they perfect their plans

All these ones are just facades to make you guys suspect and fight each other while their plan goes on!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by agulion: 5:07am On Jan 20, 2023
APC and Tinubu must be rejected by all means. Tinubu does not mean well for Nigerians.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Jestin: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2023
APC in Rivers is trying to manipulate people with lies. If the police said there was no explosion, then so be it .

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Dshocker(m): 7:30am On Jan 20, 2023
Atiku has done his worst, just make Wike look guilty of the attack...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by opalu: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2023
Okay
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by cliqtips: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2023
Lol...
Mr Atiku thinks he's wise....

Yes, we all condemned the act because politics isn't war.

But this same Atiku deleted his post that condemned Deborah's killing because he didn't want to lose the votes of the north.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by 9jaBloke: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2023
smiley
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Curious345: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
Clearly a case is knockout being thrown into the crowd by some unscrupulous PH boys
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Curious345: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
Did I hear it was a bomb ?

So where are the limbs ,the decapitated hands and the rolling heads ..

Naaa.. it's just some funny attack by some political rascals

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
thieves standing with thieves, balance equation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by money121(m): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by wonder233: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
I wonder why there are always attacks against APC in Rivers State.
Rivers people on a good day want nothing to do with APC. The attacks are needless.
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Cutehector(m): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023
Waiting for apc balablurians to fault Obi for not condemning the explosion.

7 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Born2Breed(f): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Truthfulguy10: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
Not suprised
Y’all are Birds of same feathers grin
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by OmoOshodi(m): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
Atiku will soon delete this

A man of shady character

6 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by mytime24(f): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
If u like sidddon wit APC

e no concern mi

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
I went to a hotel today and shouted "your wife is coming".... 18 men ran out of the hotel rooms, scampering for safety . I will go there again tomorrow, we have to clean this country.

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Ologundudu2020: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
I stood beside apshit
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Almaigaa: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
See better leader. We Igbo it is Atiku we know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Nightwolf1: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2023
This fake news is gaining traction overnight. Who told these people that there was an explosion @ Ojukwu field, being the venue of Tonye Cole's Governorship rally yesterday?

Even Satan is gobsmacked @ the height of lies being told by some Nigerians.

I'm shocked if indeed Atiku reacted to this fake news to spite Wike.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by KanwuliaExtra: 7:33am On Jan 20, 2023
Sensational headline without substance.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by DSC7: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2023
Nawaooo...
Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by Fadoniga: 7:35am On Jan 20, 2023
angry

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2023
This explosion is not a good news. PDP and APC are chronically violent. Too bad

I pray Obi really wins. We can't continue like this.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers by bibiking7(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2023
Damn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State Governor, Dr Alex Otti Receives Obi Cubana (Photos) / Guber Elections: Tribunals Deliver Landmark Judgements, Fear Grips LP Over Abia / Idoma Group Lambasts Northern Governors For Defending Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.