Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba (28267 Views)

Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't / Asiya-Balaraba Ganduje, Inuwa Uba Divorce: Judge Orders Journalists Out Of Court / Nigerians Ask Ganduje To Resign Over November Fresh ‘Bribery Video’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by dre11(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2023
Asiya Ganduje, a daughter of Kano State Governor, on Thursday, before an Upper Shari’a Court insisted on returning the N50,000 dowry paid by her husband, Inuwa Uba, to end their 16-year-old marriage.

The plaintiff was in court seeking the dissolution of her marriage through Islamic means (Khul’i) as she claims to be tired and fed up with Inuwa.

At the resumed sitting, the Plaintiff’s Counsel, Ibrahim Aliyu-Nassarawa, told the court that his client insists on returning the N50,000 bride price received from her husband in exchange for a divorce.

“Every woman who is living under strange conditions has a right under Islamic law to approach the court and seek for her marriage to be dissolved with the condition to return the dowry.

“My client is ready to return the N50,000 bride price received from her husband in exchange for a divorce.

Aliyu-Nassarawa said his client is not willing to relinquish her rights and will not abide by the conditions set by the respondent.

“The conditions are the subject matter of dispute that should be subjected to another suit before another court.”

Earlier, Counsel to the respondent, Mr Umar I. Umar, said the issue is beyond the payment of the N50,000 dowry.

“My client has two conditions regarding some of his belongings, before coming to the issue of divorce.

“The respondent has four kids with the plaintiff, but all efforts to reconcile them proved abortive.

“The plaintiff should return all his credentials, house certificates, cars and relinquish her rights in their joint rice company.”

The presiding judge, Malam Halliru Abdullahi, after listening to the submission of both parties, adjourned the matter until Feb. 2 for judgement.

NAN reports that the court had on Jan. 12, dismissed the preliminary objection filed by counsel to the respondent, challenging the jurisdiction of the court to hear the case.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/gov-gandujes-daughter-vows-to-return-n50000-bride-price-to-end-16-yr-old-marriage/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by KingMack(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Their business

This FTC is dedicated to all the Obidients in the house. May your day be promising cool

141 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Righthussle: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2023
Women stand up to end the culture of bride price in Nigeria. The practice of the bride price is demeaning to women. It makes many African men feel as though they “own their wives” and therefore feel they have the right to do as they wish.

Paying the bride price means there's an implicit moral obligation on a woman’s part to respect and obey her husband’s commands and wishes. Psychologically, the practice creates an ownership mentality in men which may lead them to see their wives as their ‘purchase’ over whom they exercise unfettered authority, including physical and psychological abuse.

The payment of bride price is also associated with the perception of women as ‘acquired properties’ over whom men exercise authority and control. The transactional character of the practice could ‘objectify’ and ‘commoditise’ women in marriage.

#Saynotobrideprice

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Jashub: 8:17am On Jan 20, 2023
See used goods. Anyway, I wish her good luck. Las las , na bitterness go end her life

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by advanceDNA: 8:28am On Jan 20, 2023
Baba vex say no be bride price matter dey ground... grin
he asked for house certificates, cars and relinquishing of her rights in their joint rice company....

Women.... dont make everything u enjoy with a man be sexually transmitted.... e get why!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by BOYS2MEN: 8:35am On Jan 20, 2023
I wish say na u dat domestic violence wey take away gospel artiste osinachi happen to...is high time diz ppl start having domestic violence too....make dia husbands beat dem enter 6ft or make dia wives knack dia head with pistle as well....e too much for diz elites sef
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/gov-gandujes-daughter-vows-to-return-n50000-bride-price-to-end-16-yr-old-marriage/

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by agulion: 8:39am On Jan 20, 2023
Yoruba Muslims can not be trusted, see how Muric is causing trouble in the SW just with hijab, and you expect We Yoruba Christian's to vote Muslim Muslim ticket, is not possible

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Smithkafors(m): 8:46am On Jan 20, 2023
Una Mumu too much. Is there anywhere in the world they don’t pay bride price either in monetary value or items. Wake up young man
Righthussle:
Women stand up to end the culture of bride price in Nigeria.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Enemyofpeace: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2023
Her virginity was taken away buraciously just like that. This is visiting the seen of the father on the daughter

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Moh247: 8:48am On Jan 20, 2023
As tenure is ending

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:48am On Jan 20, 2023
cry
Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Iwedunloye: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
agulion:
Yoruba Muslims can not be trusted, see how Muric is causing trouble in the SW just with hijab, and you expect We Yoruba Christian's to vote Muslim Muslim ticket, is not possible
z

How is this one related, Typical wailer

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by bonechamberlain(m): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
Divorce everywhere. It would continue like this, will even get worse until we place high value in humility and responsibility and not in money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by meobizy(f): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
She still has youth. If she was past a certain age she for die there.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by oz4real83(m): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
Poor people will be doing tribalism\ethnicism, religion and all manners of divisiveness while these men don't consider these as long as it serves their interests. Who would have thought that Ganduje's daughter is married to an igboman shocked

10 Likes

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by gasparpisciotta: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
Irreconcilable differences everywhere

Marriage is good but overrated just like virginity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by MimiSheWrote(f): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
I dey find who go come give my people my bride price and you dey return your own lol OK ooo

2 Likes

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
Vote wisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Ehins22(m): 8:49am On Jan 20, 2023
shocked
Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Hopemanfx: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2023
she will now become fairly used goods..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Shankdeb(m): 8:50am On Jan 20, 2023
Traditions now
Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by opalu: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by ecolime(m): 8:50am On Jan 20, 2023
cry

Na divorce dey reign this 2023.

Expect more untrained children & degenerates in the nearest future.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by tiswell(m): 8:51am On Jan 20, 2023
Pride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by gasparpisciotta: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2023
meobizy:

Talk wetin dey your mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by wonder233: 8:52am On Jan 20, 2023
I don't care. It has nothing to do with me.
No light, no fuel, everything costly, no jobs, insecurity everywhere and you want me to be dissipating energy analysing a politician's daughter's marriage? The MOD that pushed this to fp needs to be fired

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Sabadon(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2023
When i saw the headline i thought she was returning the babariga dollar stashed in gandujes clothes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by tuoyoojo(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2023
It is well

I wish them the best in their future pursuit

Divorce in the north is not stigmatised like it is in the south

Before u say jack, them don marry again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by RevolverOcelot(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2023
The husband say make she return all the house certificates, cars and her shares in their rice company.

So she been want return 50k come carry the man property? Chai!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Asiya Ganduje To Return Bride Price To Inuwa Uba by Theo001(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2023
Then who told you it was her ex husband disvirgin her ?please don’t be fool �
Enemyofpeace:
Her virginity was taken away buraciously just like that. This is visiting the seen of the father on the daughter

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Others, Attend Burial Of Late Princess Margaret Obiagbena / Senator Nwoko Initiates Bill On Monthly Payment Of Rent / Tinubu Travels Abroad For Medical Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.