Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? (31108 Views)

Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Johnrake69: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Goodlady(f): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
I heard Lexus is a luxury car. Now so popular I want the 350 model.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by makavalley(m): 2:40pm On Jan 22, 2023
All this cut and join mechanic when something is above their knowledge they start forecasting rubbish.well maybe it's the way you've presented yourself in angle of car handling and maintenance...please get a very very good mechanic that knows his job before inspection

5 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by somehow: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
Used this particular car few years ago.

No its not hard to maintain, same way you'd maintain Toyota brands, infact Toyota parts work with it.

You have no issues.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by SodiumValproate: 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2023
mayowascholar:
Just pray the gear no get issues.The life no go balance again...
I swear
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by NaijaCover(m): 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by treatise: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle).

According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations.

Please share your advice from your experience.
the only thing hard to maintain in automobile is the mechanic. Poor knowledge of a Challenge can ruin your fun about any car, get a good automobile workshop ( you would pay higher relative to Kazeems) and you may use your car for upward of twenty years.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by EnterpriseMan: 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Car maintenance depends on how you use it. And the most important thing is to understand your car. Learn about your engine and how to replace most parts and prices, trust me it will save you alot.
And when changing parts, always go for the best quality. You car is your baby, understand what turns her on. Oh and lastly, Have a designated Autoshop you use, never let a roadside mechanic touch your car.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Daniego(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
My brother,that car is what I am currently using and it's stress free sedan car you can use . Very hard to break down on the road.so strong and durable. I may sell my own after election for Es350 for upgrade. Just change the oil as when due and be careful with the gear box oil.

5 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by sambrow(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
My brother bought this car last year and he's planning to sell it for Camry or Corolla. It's fuel consumption is high and high to maintain as per expensive parts. Other than that, it's a sweet car, it's better on highway as per balancing and speed compare to Camry

4 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Lexusgs430: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
It would be difficult to maintain, if your maintenance budget suits only a corolla...........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Mytechworld: 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
[quote author=Timagex post=120268863]
1. You need to change your mechanic. If your mechanic doesn't know that the Lexus is the upscale Camry, he might not be equipped enough for your car. What will he say If you said you wanted to get a Benz or BMW?

2. Maybe you give your mechanic the vibe of someone who can't fuel the 3.3 litre Lexus. That is why he thinks you might not be able to "maintain" it.

3. The body parts, fueling, and maintenance might be a bit higher than the Camry tho. That's a fact.

3. Most Nigerian mechanics are not innovative. They all believe Toyota is the best thing after soft bread and slightly burnt ewa agonyin. cool grin. I don't blame him.

4. Lastly, the Lexus Es 330 is a good, reliable and comfortable cruiser. I assure you. Go for it bro. Take an updated mechanic with you to inspect and shine your eyes and don't buy a lemon. No good car is hard to maintain

Is Es 330 a better car than toyota Spider,I mean 08 Camry?
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by godstino(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
Been using mine for over a year and haven’t had cause to go to mechanic except for change of oil. It’s a great ride.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by frankson1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle).

According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations.

I'm currently using es350 and there's no difficulty in maintaining it. Just do your regular services as it's done with other cars and you're good to go.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Jeterry(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2023
Thread carefully with your mechanic. All you need to know is the lexus is even more reliable than the camry. With the same v6 engine, you get additional sporty and comfortable ride. And of course it's a lexus, the body parts are slightly expensive than toyota. Good luck
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by frankson1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2023
Goodlady:
I heard Lexus is a luxury car. Now so popular I want the 350 model.

Yes, it's a luxury car. I'm using the es350 and it's cool. Nothing is wrong with it unless you buy the one that was already have issues.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
[quote author=Mytechworld post=120286268][/quote]

It depends on what you want in a car sir.
Is it prestige, ease of maintenance, speed, etc.

Both are good cars. But, they differ in strength and weaknesses.

So, what do you want in a car?
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by jojothaiv(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Timagex:

Most Nigerian mechanics are not innovative. They all believe Toyota is the best thing after soft bread and slightly burnt ewa agonyin. cool grin. I don't blame him.
See as I dey laugh inside my Micra!

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by providencia(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
MoneySEASON:
Precisely!

I know how much I've spent on my car. (Shaa, just know you'll spend MONEY a lot as long as car is concerned) no be bicycle you won buy lol.

The thing is that, once it's in a good condition, you'll love everything about it. But if it develops one fault and you keep procrastinating on repairing it, you'll spend so much for it because it will develop other issues.

The parts are not cheap like Toyota corolla them and so on. that's why if you own a Lexus, you should always handle it with care and avoid bad roads that tamper with the beneath of the car.

OP, if that's the car you posted, damn! It's so clean, the person that owned it knows how to handle cars like egg unlike me 😅😅

I even plan on buying a Toyota sef, Lexus is good but I'm someone that don't like using one particular thing for long.

Corolla is not cheap. That car is just slightly expensive than corolla in terms of maintenance

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by tnerro1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
Run bros, run

If it’s Nigerian used

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by DriveByKiller: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

Lexus is just Camry with more leather and slightly more tuned horsepower

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by REALretep(m): 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

Your mechanic is right
Lexus is a luxury ride. It's parts cost more than similar parts for other comparable rides. It's maintenance cost is a bit more too. If you love luxury and have the money, then go for it. If you love luxury and you don't have good source of income, then don't go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by drololaaof: 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

Thank God for exposing your mechanics inefficiency and lack of professional expertise.
The only problem you have that is common to SUV owners is that you pay more for parts because they tag you, as using jeep otherwise any Toyota vehicles are easy to maintain.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
Op, the mechanic gave you a nice advice jare.
Almost everyone condemning him here are repeating the same thing he told you.
The parts are expensive.
You can't give it to a random mechanic in an emergency situation.
So check your wallet to see if you can come with both realities.
Do you travel frequently out of the metropolis, how is the road network within your regular drive area, can you afford to tow your car to a good mechanic shop is there is need to (even if na Ilesha to Ibadan)?
Check your pocket

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by lymelyte(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2023
In general,Lexus es 330 is a great car. Smooth and Easygoing but fuel consumption is on the high side due to the engine size. You must also note the car na paper for road. Featherweight.Any serious collision,na damage beyond repair(talking from experience)..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
jojothaiv:

See as I dey laugh inside my Micra!

I said the truth na. grin
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by jojothaiv(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
Timagex:

I said the truth na. grin
Baba, I never drive Lexus so I no know o.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
jojothaiv:

Baba, I never drive Lexus so I no know o.

You will. One day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by MoneySEASON: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2023
providencia:

Corolla is not cheap. That car is just slightly expensive than corolla in terms of maintenance

Yeah, I know.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
It's very hard to maintain just like toyota corolla and benz. Make sure say it's in good condition before u buy it
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by abdulkabirO(m): 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

I use ES 300, I bought October 10 2022. And it is a good car sincerely. Everything is pure and vibrant. It has same engine with big daddy v6. And the maintenance is also the same. Although lexus generally have expensive body parts. But you will enjoy the car.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by jojothaiv(m): 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
Timagex:

You will. One day.
Amen!

Funny enough I don't even have a bicycle not to talk of having a Micra (that's my way of paying homage to the beautiful city of Ibadan) but hope never die, na why I keep pushing myself.

Thanks man and happy Sunday!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Impressive Concept Cars That Were Never Mass-produced (PHOTOS) / Aeromobil Flying Car - Pictures / Before Buying Used Cars In Nigeria: Things To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.