Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? (31096 Views)

Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Bombeverybody: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
I've been using mine ES330 for close to 3 years and the only major thing I've ever done on it is to change it's absorbers once. I've had Camry commonly known as Muscle, believe me that Camry is not a match for the 330 in terms of performance and balancing.
Maintenance of cars, like every other engines comes with pre-knowledge of it, ability to sense a small fault before it emanates to bigger issue and having the right human and mechanical resources to do the job.

If your mechanic can tell you to go for Camry in availability of Lexus, I believe is a low profile mechanical that is in the job for survival.

Lexus is the luxury version of Toyota. For any Toyota you see, there is always a Lexus that supersede it in luxury and mechanical aspect.

The Lexus you highlighted above comes with 3.3 litre v6 engine that runs smoothly while the average Camry you might end up with is 2.4litre i4 engine.
Well, let's save the rest for someone

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Bolaji26(m): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Bombeverybody:
I've been using mine ES330 for close to 3 years and the only major thing I've ever done on it is to change it's absorbers once. I've had Camry commonly known as Muscle, believe me that Camry is not a match for the 330 in terms of performance and balancing.
Maintenance of cars, like every other engines comes with pre-knowledge of it, ability to sense a small fault before it emanates to bigger issue and having the right human and mechanical resources to do the job.

If your mechanic can tell you to go for Camry in availability of Lexus, I believe is a low profile mechanical that is in the job for survival.

Lexus is the luxury version of Toyota. For any Toyota you see, there is always a Lexus that supersede it in luxury and mechanical aspect.

The Lexus you highlighted above comes with 3.3 litre v6 engine that runs smoothly while the average Camry you might end up with is 2.4litre i4 engine.

Welfare me your muscle car sir
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by lovere: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2023
No issues with the car, I have es350 and it hasn't given me any peoblem. Just do your regular routine maintenance and you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Ok12345(f): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
This car nearly sent my bro to the village.
Na every week different wahala why his corolla no dey ever get wahala
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle).

According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations.

Please share your advice from your experience.
If you don't earn well or let me rephrase if you don't earn at least 400k a month avoid Lexus. The maintenance cost is on pair with Mercedice Benz, everything about it is very expensive. Your mechanic might be advising you based on your profile. He knows how much you are willing to spend on maintenance and might be judged from that perspective.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by franby: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle).

According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations.

If you are not a fan of Lexus. You cannot know the worth of this car. This is the cheapest luxury sedan you can never think of. Considering the functionality it brings.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Conner44: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
Bombeverybody:

The ‘average Camry’ you speak of with the 2.4L engine is the spider 2007 - 2008, from Camry muscle 2009 - 2011 you’d have them come with the 2.5L engine and all Camry V6 from 2007 - 2011 come with a 3.5L engine

Well, for me the only Lexus I can buy will be any of their hybrids.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Solocoin: 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
All car's is hard to maintain when you don't have a good mechanic and when you drive carelessly.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by OKEMKPI: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

Post your 1 years account statement, so we do proper financial account status analysis
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Caveatemptor(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

Please get rid of this mechanic .
The Lexus is a luxury upgrade on the Camry.
It is more solid,heavier and more balanced on the road.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by paddy4jungle: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
The only advice I have for you is that apart from checking if the car 8s in good shape, i.e, catalytic converters(3), legs, sound engine and transmission please make sure you go for a 10pin transmission gearbox and not a 13pin.
I learnt it's the difference between a car you will enjoy and one that you won't.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by MansoryMX(m): 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

No it's not. Make sure you service the legs well and buy brand new tyres.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by iamsolasoul(f): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
Use good fluid and buy a scanner for your mechanic
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by xtervaganza(m): 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

the mechanic na mumu. The car na easy drive. E no de get any problems
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Allisgud: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Let me ask what car is the easiest to mentain
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Akangbedfacts: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
ES 330 is a very sweet car with good maintenance culture. I used Honda End of discussion and realized that I really wasted money on maintenance. This Lexus is cool and nice. Pls buy good grade and enjoy ur life.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2023
grossintel:
If you don't earn well or let me rephrase if you don't earn at least 400k a month avoid Lexus. The maintenance cost is on pair with Mercedice Benz, everything about it is very expensive. Your mechanic might be advising you based on your profile. He knows how much you are willing to spend on maintenance and might be judged from that perspective.
I remember the day Automedic gave me a quote of about 300k to sort out power steering and rack issue of rx330, I was like how much be the car sef, maybe make I scatter the car sell am for parts maybe I fit gather money for new car.
From 280k quote, I eventually spent 190k with sleepover at mechanic workshop, not leaving anything to chance.
The issue has never popped up again since then, about a year now.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by LaSenior: 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

go ahead and buy the car Your mechanic doesn't know what he's saying
This car strong eeeeeh
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Mytechworld: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
Timagex:

It depends on what you want in a car sir.
Is it prestige, ease of maintenance, speed, etc.

Both are good cars. But, they differ in strength and weaknesses.

So, what do you want in a car?
Strenght and prestige
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
Mytechworld:

Strenght and prestige

Prestige : the Es 330. I assure you. cool. The spider is like pure water these days.
Strength: The Es 330 is also rugged. But, the Camry muscle/spider is a bit ahead.

The Es 330 wins.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I remember the day Automedic gave me a quote of about 300k to sort out power steering and rack issue of rx330, I was like how much be the car sef, maybe make I scatter the car sell am for parts maybe I fit gather money for new car.
From 280k quote, I eventually spent 190k with sleepover at mechanic workshop, not leaving anything to chance.
The issue has never popped up again since then, about a year now.
I had that problem too, the week I bought my 350 it developed power steering and rack issues, I spent about 250k to fix it. Lexus is a very reliable car but it’s not for everyone, no how no how once issues start you go spend better money.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by t2luv1: 3:51am On Jan 23, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

Nope interchangeable parts 1999 to 2011 toyota v6.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Panelbeater(m): 6:40am On Jan 23, 2023
Oga change from all these Nuru mechanics. This is my third year of driving the ES330, absolutely fantastic car. I only changed the oil and shock absorbers due to the bad roads in lagos. That’s all, buy it and enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by KabirHakeem: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2023
MoneySEASON:
Precisely!

I know how much I've spent on my car. (Shaa, just know you'll spend MONEY a lot as long as car is concerned) no be bicycle you won buy lol.

The thing is that, once it's in a good condition, you'll love everything about it. But if it develops one fault and you keep procrastinating on repairing it, you'll spend so much for it because it will develop other issues.

Yeah, that's the picture, very clean, thanks for the advice.

The parts are not cheap like Toyota corolla them and so on. that's why if you own a Lexus, you should always handle it with care and avoid bad roads that tamper with the beneath of the car.

OP, if that's the car you posted, damn! It's so clean, the person that owned it knows how to handle cars like egg unlike me 😅😅

I even plan on buying a Toyota sef, Lexus is good but I'm someone that don't like using one particular thing for long.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by KabirHakeem: 8:43am On Jan 23, 2023
adecz:
undecided

That's the opinion of a local mechanic.

Truth is that these luxury brands need
careful attention. Maintain one engine oil
brand, service regularly and don't allow
too many people drive it.

Any issue you have with it, go to modern
technicians for diagnostics and you will
find that you only need to change a part.
If you allow roadside mechanic touch am,
your own don finish..

Thanks, can you recommend some modern technicians?
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by ibinaboonline: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2023
I like you.
Timagex:
1. You need to change your mechanic. If your mechanic doesn't know that the Lexus is the upscale Camry, he might not be equipped enough for your car. What will he say If you said you wanted to get a Benz or BMW?

2. Maybe you give your mechanic the vibe of someone who can't fuel the 3.3 litre Lexus. That is why he thinks you might not be able to "maintain" it.

3. The body parts, fueling, and maintenance might be a bit higher than the Camry tho. That's a fact.

3. Most Nigerian mechanics are not innovative. They all believe Toyota is the best thing after soft bread and slightly burnt ewa agonyin. cool grin. I don't blame him.

4. Lastly, the Lexus Es 330 is a good, reliable and comfortable cruiser. I assure you. Go for it bro. Take an updated mechanic with you to inspect and shine your eyes and don't buy a lemon. No good car is hard to maintain.

Congratulations on your new car. Na me first wish you o. Bless up... cool

In case this gets to the promise land,

I AM A FASHION AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BASED IN IBADAN. I am still taking bookings and reservations. My WhatsApp is Zero eight zero 63793158.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by ibinaboonline: 9:39am On Jan 23, 2023
Please, could you explain the 13-pin thing for the rest of us who aren't so knowledgeable about cars.
Dozieson:

But be careful if it is Nigerian used. The gear is 13pin and very expensive to buy .
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by ibinaboonline: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2023
Werey o grin grin
MorolayoVictor:
Everything is hard to maintain.

Even people...
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2023
ibinaboonline:
I like you.

Thanks bro. cool

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by adecz: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2023
KabirHakeem:

Thanks, can you recommend some modern technicians?

Any modern electrical technician that
uses modern diagnostic tools is ok. I
don't know your location, but you can
ask a mechanic to recommend a good
diagnostic chap in your area. As i said,
they are usually car electricians.

Most of these new cars don't need
unnecessary touching or guesswork.

If there is a problem the diagnostic tool will
point it out and most times it's just
about sensors. If for one reason or the other
a sensor is bad, immediately the sensor
is changed you are back as new.

Recently I was back in my small hometown
and one morning, for no reason at all,
my Toyota Camry refused to start, we
called the various mechanics and they
kept thinking up all solutions, but still
car no start.

We later got a diagnostic guy and immediately
he used his computer, it pointed out
that the tiny sensor in the ignition key
was missing. we searched all over for it
and found it on the ground near the car.
Immediately we inserted it back, na one
hand. Something wey don take almost
2 days.

I

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:45am On Jan 23, 2023
Dozieson:

It uses same engine/gear as Camry V6 of same years.

It is a better performance car than I4 Camry.

Price of body and legs are more expensive than Camry of same years

I disagree that it's a better-performance car.

If you want performance, Camry is hands down better. Lexus is drive by wire. Which means you have restricted control on throttle input. The time between throttle input and actual response is significantly higher than Camry. Trust me I know, it has cost me passing speed several times. I have driven one of these for 4 years now. I have driven Camry's owned by friends and bosses in between that time and the difference is very obvious. There are things I would do on Camry effortlessly that would require timing on a Lexus. If I'm tagging a vehicle in a Lexus and I have cause to slow down even for just a moment, I've lost.

Lexus is purely luxury.....and a poor attempt if you ask me. An Acura is far far far far far far far better.

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

If you are buying Tokunboh off the Nigerian market, I would advise you try to get the VIN and check what damage it had. As long as no part of the front was affected you should be fine. Also if it was not flooded, it's OK. If the damage affected any part of the front, try to find another vehicle. You will always have recurring problems. Especially the Air conditioning and radiator. The front wheel assembly too is another headache.

But as for the engine and transmission, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Engine Oil Capacity For Your Vehicles / 10 Impressive Concept Cars That Were Never Mass-produced (PHOTOS) / Before Buying Used Cars In Nigeria: Things To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.