Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? (30897 Views)

Why Is Lexus IS 250 Always A Write Off Whenever It's Involved In An Accident? / Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by KabirHakeem: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
Hello Nairaland,

I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle).

According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations.

Please share your advice from your experience.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
It's not hard to maintain

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Dozieson(m): 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland, I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle). According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations. Please share your advice from your experience.

It uses same engine/gear as Camry V6 of same years.

It is a better performance car than I4 Camry.

Price of body and legs are more expensive than Camry of same years

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by nymphomaniac(m): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
All cars are hard to maintain if the driver isn't careful. With relation to this car, maintenance is same as the average Camry car

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by KabirHakeem: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Dozieson:

It uses same engine/gear as Camry V6 of same years.

It is a better performance car than I4 Camry.

Price of body and legs are more expensive than Camry of same years

Ok, thank you, I appreciate

4 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by KabirHakeem: 3:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
nymphomaniac:
All cars are hard to maintain if the driver isn't careful. With relation to this car, maintenance is same as the average Camry car

Thanks a lot, duly noted

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
1. You need to change your mechanic. If your mechanic doesn't know that the Lexus is the upscale Camry, he might not be equipped enough for your car. What will he say If you said you wanted to get a Benz or BMW?

2. Maybe you give your mechanic the vibe of someone who can't fuel the 3.3 litre Lexus. That is why he thinks you might not be able to "maintain" it.

3. The body parts, fueling, and maintenance might be a bit higher than the Camry tho. That's a fact.

3. Most Nigerian mechanics are not innovative. They all believe Toyota is the best thing after soft bread and slightly burnt ewa agonyin. cool grin. I don't blame him.

4. Lastly, the Lexus Es 330 is a good, reliable and comfortable cruiser. I assure you. Go for it bro. Take an updated mechanic with you to inspect and shine your eyes and don't buy a lemon. No good car is hard to maintain.

Congratulations on your new car. Na me first wish you o. Bless up... cool

In case this gets to the promise land,

I AM A FASHION AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BASED IN IBADAN. I am still taking bookings and reservations. My WhatsApp is Zero eight zero 63793158.

194 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by KabirHakeem: 12:44am On Jan 22, 2023
Timagex:

1. You need to change your mechanic. If your mechanic doesn't know that the Lexus is the upscale Camry, he might not be equipped enough for your car. What will he say If you said you wanted to get a Benz or BMW?

2. Maybe you give your mechanic the vibe of someone who can't fuel the 3.3 litre Lexus. That is why he thinks you might not be able to "maintain" it.

3. The body parts, fueling, and maintenance might be a bit higher than the Camry tho. That's a fact.

3. Most Nigerian mechanics are not innovative. They all believe Toyota is the best thing after soft bread and slightly burnt ewa agonyin. cool grin. I don't blame him.

4. Lastly, the Lexus Es 330 is a good, reliable and comfortable cruiser. I assure you. Go for it bro. Take an updated mechanic with you to inspect and shine your eyes and don't buy a lemon. No good car is hard to maintain.

Congratulations on your new car. Na me first wish you o. Bless up... cool

God bless you for this detailed and comprehensive explanation, I am so glad to hear this, going for it after proper inspection.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Dozieson(m): 6:48am On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:

God bless you for this detailed and comprehensive explanation, I am so glad to hear this, going for it after proper inspection.

But be careful if it is Nigerian used. The gear is 13pin and very expensive to buy .

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by jceesquare(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland, I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle). According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations. Please share your advice from your experience.
Do a proper prepurchase inspection before purchasing.
No perfect car out there as all vehicles have their peculiar issues.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by AgentGoat: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Buy your thing and enjoy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Timagex(m): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:

You are welcome bro..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by yesloaded: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:

Its not hard or expensive to maintain

Es330 is a good car

Buy & you won't regret that you buy it

Change your mechanic is possible

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by tuoyoojo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
Here to learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by MoneySEASON: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Precisely!

I know how much I've spent on my car. (Shaa, just know you'll spend MONEY a lot as long as car is concerned) no be bicycle you won buy lol.

The thing is that, once it's in a good condition, you'll love everything about it. But if it develops one fault and you keep procrastinating on repairing it, you'll spend so much for it because it will develop other issues.

The parts are not cheap like Toyota corolla them and so on. that's why if you own a Lexus, you should always handle it with care and avoid bad roads that tamper with the beneath of the car.

OP, if that's the car you posted, damn! It's so clean, the person that owned it knows how to handle cars like egg unlike me 😅😅

I even plan on buying a Toyota sef, Lexus is good but I'm someone that don't like using one particular thing for long.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by seanwilliam(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ask nurey

1 Like

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by toujurs: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Walaihi if you are not financially stable, forget it, you will cry tyre.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by FuckTheMod: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
I don't like them, TOO FRAGILE

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by shevy45(m): 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
KabirHakeem:
Hello Nairaland,

I need an advice, I am trying to purchase a clean 2005 lexus es330, but a mechanic advised against it and told me to buy a camry instead (Be it same year or a muscle).

According to him, lexus es330 is expensive to maintain and harder to get a good mechanic on the street in emergency situations.

Please share your advice from your experience.
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by GeneralPula: 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
Any car can be hard to maintain. All depending on the driver..

But from ma experience with Lexus, it’s not hard to maintain..

Lexus is actually one of the best automobile out there..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by mayowascholar(m): 2:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
Just pray the gear no get issues.The life no go balance again...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by money121(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
Ok
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Ara21(f): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
Lexus is hard to maintain, talking from experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by shevy45(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
The mechanic doesn’t know what he’s saying, go & buy the car right away & start cruising

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
How much are you being asked to pay for it? No offence, I do have reasons for asking.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by samwillyco1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
It's maintenance depends on your pocket .

Go for 350 instead
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by wethebest(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
All lexus hard to maintain cox na luxury version of Toyota.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by adecz: 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
undecided

That's the opinion of a local mechanic.

Truth is that these luxury brands need
careful attention. Maintain one engine oil
brand, service regularly and don't allow
too many people drive it.

Any issue you have with it, go to modern
technicians for diagnostics and you will
find that you only need to change a part.
If you allow roadside mechanic touch am,
your own don finish..

13 Likes

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by MorolayoVictor(m): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
Everything is hard to maintain.

Even people...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by SodiumValproate: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
Yes
Re: Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? by Crusader1: 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
How much is it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / Car Thieves Gone Digital! / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.